**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What are your personal top 5 underrated champions?

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

1. Killmonger. So many players can’t see past his damage. It’s perfectly serviceable and with his arednwla of utility absolutely justifiable

2. Emma Frost. So. Much. Utility. 10 immunities, evade counter, extremely sustainable, access to power sting, taunt and a 50% concussion, as well as a wee bit of power manipulation. And of course, prowess. Some niche utility, but a lot that is very, very useful. Most players just don’t know how to properly utilise her

3. Storm X. I mean she’s basically flimsy havok. SP3 rotation takes her to new levels, especially with suicides. Consistent 160k SP3’s after the first one

4. Psylocke. One of the best power controllers in game. She doesn’t deal with passive power gain, but she can lockdown combat power rate the entire fight. Once again people can’t look past the damage. She could do with a bit more but she’s still very potent

5. Rogue. Regen, power control, buff control (even if it could do with a tune up) and very high debuff resistance. This is a champ I’ve only started playing around with recently but she can do a lot. Once again it seems the community’s fascination with big yellow numbers is a hindrance

If you couldn’t tell, these are all champs with amazing utility, but somewhat lacking damage (aside from Emma). I value utility so much higher than big yellow numbers. I don’t care how quickly someone can do a fight, if they can’t actually do the fight

^^ appreciate the list, my Emma is close to making R3 I didn’t put her on mine because I didn’t think she was underrated
    I mean, I think she’s fairly easily a top 5 mutant. If I pulled the 6*, I would take her to R3 in an instant without hesitation
    Been hunting prof x and apoc ;)
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,902 ★★★★★

In no particular order except nr 1 which ofc is
    MORNINGSTAR!!
    voodoo
    Red hulk
    Punisher 2099
    Luke cage
    Dormammu
    KG
    All champs who are great with lots of value but does not get utilised by the majority
    Champs like dorm. Ms and KG needs to be high rank tho. KG and dorm will lack dmg and ms got that ramp up. But their utility and ms eventual insane dmg that comes with the souls makes them extremely usefull if you go all out on them

Wow. Who could possibly have seen this one coming. Not me I tell you. I’m utterly astonished.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,119 ★★★★★
    1. Karnak.
    2. Doctor Strange
    3. Daredevil H.K
    4. Wasp
    5. Blade
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    1. Void- This one needs a bit of explaining since everybody thinks he's great, but I see people put him behind Cap IW and Human Torch. In my opinion Void is the third best champ in the game as long as you don't run suicides.

2. Killmonger

3. Man Thing

4. Mole Man

5. Mephisto
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,745 ★★★★★

MORNINGSTAR!!
    voodoo
    Red hulk
    Punisher 2099
    Luke cage
    Dormammu
    KG
    All champs who are great with lots of value but does not get utilised by the majority
    Champs like dorm. Ms and KG needs to be high rank tho. KG and dorm will lack dmg and ms got that ramp up. But their utility and ms eventual insane dmg that comes with the souls makes them extremely usefull if you go all out on them

I didn’t include MS because I don’t consider her underrated. She’s an absolute beast.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★

1. Rogue
    2. BWDO (Took her to r5, no regrets)
    3. Red Hulk
    4. Kamala Khan
    5. Gambit (not sure if he's underrated though)

Gambit is def underrated. Too many still **** on him
    If anything Gambit is overrated. His damage is annoying to build up and easily outclassed by top Mutants, one immunity that he loses if he takes too much damage so it isn't really reliable, can counter damageback which is useful but other champs like Omega or Namor can do it better and finally he can reduce regen rate but its not potent enough to ever be useful. If he's one of your first 4 or 5 stars he could be good but it won't be long until you get something better and he's sidelined forever.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

In no particular order:

Rogue
    Venom
    Falcon
    Hood
    Silver Surfer

I think Rogue is seen as a little above average, I think she's way above average. I think people see Venom as just under top tier, I think he is a top tier champ. I think Falcon is a borderline top tier champ after the buff, but I don't think public opinion has caught up to him yet. I think Hood is situationally very good, but I think on average he's seen as meh. And I still haven't really gotten the hang of playing SS well, but my gut instinct tells me he's way better than the mostly prestige champ a lot of people seem to think of him as.

Spot on with the SS!
  • Options
    DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    1. Claire voyant
    2. Silver Surfer
    3. Venom
    4. Carnage
    5. Morningstar
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Edeuink said:

1. Claire voyant
    2. Silver Surfer
    3. Venom
    4. Carnage
    5. Morningstar

How is Claire underrated? Most people overrate her as the 2nd best mystic behind doom.
    yeah I don't think she's either underrated or overrated (inb4 the progress of working). id say she's solidly top 2/3 mystic, behind doom, on par with kali, and above sym.

my list is
    sym
    voodoo
    aa (controversial I know)
    shulk
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    1. Immortal Abomination - If the opponent isn't poison immune, he can deal massive damage. He's also sustainable and his petrify makes him a good power control champion for an aggressive playstyle. He's also good for V2 and V6.

2. Longshot - He's famous for his massive SP2 but awakened he can also nullify buffs once they activate. It's not the best nullify around, but is helpful in a lot of situation. A lot are saying that he's not good against stun immune because of his parry-heavy style gameplay but you can actually play him without parrying. Dex 5 hits, 5 hit combo, SP1 for bleed-able opponents. Dex 5 hits, 5 hit combo, wait for Karma to transfer, 5 hit combo, SP2 for massive incinerate. The increased power gain rate he gains from Karma is significant.

3. Silver Surfer - He's not only a High Prestige champion. He's been getting some spotlight lately as the meta is 'kind of' being made to be suitable for him.

4. Professor X - Seen as many as 'just a synergy champ' but he's actually more than that. KT1 even did a Labyrinth run with him. He's one of those ramp-up champions that are good unramped unlike most of the Cosmics (Air-Walker, Red Goblin, etc.). Once you learn you how to play him, you'll be more satisfied to pull his rotation off. He's also one of my favorite champs to use in Incursions.

5. Rogue - She's also getting the spotlight lately but her high skill cap makes her an unpopular choice.
  • Options
    CGR2020 said:

1: Rogue. She has a lot of utility that involves stealing other peoples attributes.
    2: Tigra. She has some crazy rupture damage when well played.
    3: Ghost Rider. Great choice with judgement effects/synergies against villains.
    4: Nova. The guy is annoying on defense and has an intense Sp.2.
    5: Terrax. The guy is a crazy defender and is good when well used in a long and boring quest. Also good with Heralds of G synergies.

Would any of these get your 5/65 or R3? I have been curious about nova
  • Options
    PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 461 ★★★
    Nightcrawler
    Old Man Logan
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Green Goblin
    Ultron AOU
  • Options
    ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★
    man thing, cull obsidian, proxima, red goblin, Mr. sinister
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    OML
    Vision Aarkus
    Darkhawk
    Red Hulk
    Mister Sinister
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    edited December 2020

MORNINGSTAR!!
    voodoo
    Red hulk
    Punisher 2099
    Luke cage
    Dormammu
    KG

King Groot actually has some pretty impressive damage. I've been able to get a 2.5k poison and 10k mediums on the r2 6* with only 2 armor breaks. Very great AQ team though... Ibom, Sasquatch, and KG but still looking for an Ibom cause I only have the 4 star to test. I love running Sassy, Ibom, MT, Shulk, and KG in the cav EQ and would definitely use that same team in endgame content if I had Ibom at a higher tier.
  • Options

1. Immortal Abomination - If the opponent isn't poison immune, he can deal massive damage. He's also sustainable and his petrify makes him a good power control champion for an aggressive playstyle. He's also good for V2 and V6.

2. Longshot - He's famous for his massive SP2 but awakened he can also nullify buffs once they activate. It's not the best nullify around, but is helpful in a lot of situation. A lot are saying that he's not good against stun immune because of his parry-heavy style gameplay but you can actually play him without parrying. Dex 5 hits, 5 hit combo, SP1 for bleed-able opponents. Dex 5 hits, 5 hit combo, wait for Karma to transfer, 5 hit combo, SP2 for massive incinerate. The increased power gain rate he gains from Karma is significant.

3. Silver Surfer - He's not only a High Prestige champion. He's been getting some spotlight lately as the meta is 'kind of' being made to be suitable for him.

4. Professor X - Seen as many as 'just a synergy champ' but he's actually more than that. KT1 even did a Labyrinth run with him. He's one of those ramp-up champions that are good unramped unlike most of the Cosmics (Air-Walker, Red Goblin, etc.). Once you learn you how to play him, you'll be more satisfied to pull his rotation off. He's also one of my favorite champs to use in Incursions.

5. Rogue - She's also getting the spotlight lately but her high skill cap makes her an unpopular choice.

I disagree with Longshot, Prof X, and Ibom being underrated because they are generally sought after champs that a lot of people wouldn't be down when pulling. I kinda like surfer but I feel like he needs a few tweaks considering he is Surfer after all.
  • Options
    I'm glad a lot of people are recognizing Rogue, Man Thing, and King Groot! They are some of my favorite champs and have really powerful synergies!
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

CGR2020 said:

1: Rogue. She has a lot of utility that involves stealing other peoples attributes.
    5: Terrax. The guy is a crazy defender and is good when well used in a long and boring quest. Also good with Heralds of G synergies.

I would personally take Ghost Rider and Rogue to 5/65. Maybe Tigra. Terrax and Nove I think only as defenders.

It is an interesting question on R3. If I was not Thronebreaker and I had the T5CC to rank one of them up to become Thronebreaker, I would definitely take Rogue and GR up. Probably Tigra and Nova. Probably not Terrax. But I don't think I would take any of them up as my *second* R3.

I think Rogue is worth R3 eventually, in a world where that was going to be my twentieth R3 or something.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Texas_11 said:

CGR2020 said:

I would personally take Ghost Rider and Rogue to 5/65. Maybe Tigra. Terrax and Nove I think only as defenders.

It is an interesting question on R3. If I was not Thronebreaker and I had the T5CC to rank one of them up to become Thronebreaker, I would definitely take Rogue and GR up. Probably Tigra and Nova. Probably not Terrax. But I don't think I would take any of them up as my *second* R3.

I think Rogue is worth R3 eventually, in a world where that was going to be my twentieth R3 or something.
    Tigra is beyond her time right now, she will become more and more dangerous.

But yeah, I think it’s all fun too have this conversation until we really start thinking about rank up choices, I think would I actually do this with my own resources.

I think rouge is a heck of a champ.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,635 ★★★★★
    I think I once heard Hawkeye is overrated