**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carnage nerf before release....

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    Lol. You guys waste this whole thread arguing about nerfed vs changed. Let's concentrate on the real purpose which is carnage used to be awesome (pre-release) and now he sucks donkey balls. Having a 5* r3 duped 68, I hope they do what they've been hinting about doing which is make him useful and not garbage.

That's the point I was trying to make. We don't know how he was pre-release. Clearly they felt a need to change him at the time. He could have been a game-breaking component. We don't know. This is where the distinction comes in. Before release, it's really fine-tuning. Having said that, they have mentioned him coming up more in discussions, so perhaps he was watered down too much. Personally I've gotten used to him. He's good for longer Fights. If you work the Buffs right, he is decent. I think the larger issue is that people want him to be better. Which is why more information in these cases is not always helpful. What he was pre-release is really irrelevant. It's more about how he functions now. I'm not opposed to them revisiting him. I'm just not adamant about it. I suppose you could say I'm indifferent. I can see how he would be too much because I understand the Buffs and their interactions. If you tweaked some aspects, he would be too OP.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    You still didn't make a point.
    DaMunk wrote: »

Apparently you missed the point. It doesn't matter what he was pre-release.
  • carnage is not good for long fights either. He's garbage bro. Takes way too much damage blocking/parrying and he hits like my 4 year old. You may be the 1% who thinks he's good.
    carnage is not good for long fights either. He's garbage bro. Takes way too much damage blocking/parrying and he hits like my 4 year old. You may be the 1% who thinks he's good.

I said he was decent. I can play with any Champ if I use them enough. I can see how he is seen as bad if a quick kill is the objective.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

Thats where you're wrong, it does matter what he was pre release.

Kabam was aware of how much the community wanted him and did a really good job with him, shows they were working on giving us something we wanted. So I'd say it matters.

Unfortunately he was to OP and they had to NERF him, but apparently went over board and he went from hero to zero. So thats another reason to know what he was pre release to understand why he is the turd that he is now and know it wasn't an intentional "F.U." to the community.

Of course, this all stems from what was said at NYCC and relayed to us through word of mouth that we didn't here for ourselves
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    @DeathBringer77 I searched him, most I saw was a 4k rating account. Doubt it's him, really wanna see his profile.

read your comments bro. You said good for longer fights. He's not. Just checked out your profile and I get it now.

I didn't post my Profile. Getting personal is not going to change the fact that I am entitled to my own views. If I can make use of him, then I can make use of him. This is a discussion.
  • A discussion you hijacked and took way off track. Definitely entitled to your opinion bro and my bad for assuming your name on the forum is also your in game id.
    R4GE wrote: »

Kabam was aware of how much the community wanted him and did a really good job with him, shows they were working on giving us something we wanted. So I'd say it matters.

Unfortunately he was to OP and they had to NERF him, but apparently went over board and he went from hero to zero. So thats another reason to know what he was pre release to understand why he is the turd that he is now and know it wasn't an intentional "F.U." to the community.

Of course, this all stems from what was said at NYCC and relayed to us through word of mouth that we didn't here for ourselves

It's really not relevant to the moment. Nothing they do is in spite of people. They don't release Champs to contradict the Players. It's really not pertinent to the moment. They released a Champ that had to be adjusted. This is not news. It happens frequently with development.
    read your comments bro. You said good for longer fights. He's not. Just checked out your profile and I get it now.

I didn't post my Profile. Getting personal is not going to change the fact that I am entitled to my own views. If I can make use of him, then I can make use of him. This is a discussion.

I just reeeaaallly want to see your actual profile lol. It would show me if you look like you were to handle pre-change war, cuz if not than I'd know completely why you love diversity. (But, I guess he or she blocked me because I call him or her out on their bs.)
    A discussion you hijacked and took way off track. Definitely entitled to your opinion bro and my bad for assuming your name on the forum is also your in game id.

I didn't hijack anything. I'm participating in the discussion.

It's really not relevant to the moment. Nothing they do is in spite of people. They don't release Champs to contradict the Players. It's really not pertinent to the moment. They released a Champ that had to be adjusted. This is not news. It happens frequently with development.

How the hell can you say its not relevant? Its on point with the thread. You have gone so off track with your rambling that you forget what the thread is about.
    Wow dude, you consistently abuse that flag button LOL
    A discussion you hijacked and took way off track. Definitely entitled to your opinion bro and my bad for assuming your name on the forum is also your in game id.

I didn't hijack anything. I'm participating in the discussion.

By saying your opinion and telling people it's factual? Tf is with this dude(or girl) lol. Trying too god damn hard.
    Anyways, this thread has been answered. Ya'll have fun with GW

How the hell can you say its not relevant? Its on point with the thread. You have gone so off track with your rambling that you forget what the thread is about.

Tell me the relevance of knowing he was changed before he was released.

Yeah, he was nerfed right before being released. OP wants to know why he isn't that good.
    Which is no offense to the OP. People can post what they want. What I'm saying is in terms of wanting him buffed, it doesn't matter what he used to be.
    Which is no offense to the OP. People can post what they want. What I'm saying is in terms of wanting him buffed, it doesn't matter what he used to be.

NOR DOES YOUR OPINION! Lol.
    None factual comment you made... doesn't matter.

Because the OP asked? Are you friggin serious?
    Can we now walk away from this debate of idiocracy?

I'm not the one inciting arguments. This is not the first time. This is where we stop talking.

Because the OP asked? Are you friggin serious?
    Can we now walk away from this debate of idiocracy?

I'm not the one inciting arguments. This is not the first time. This is where we stop talking.
    :D yo he really thinks he's a mod! LMAO!!! Dude thinks he has authority. @GroundedWisdom you can ignore the post slothy.
    To the OP, I've already touched on why it may have come out so extreme. It likely has to do with his Buffs. The combination of those at higher quantities would make him extreme. On their own, they're fine but when you add higher Base Stats, or other factors, they combine with the Buffs. Bleed, BP, Precision, etc. Evidently, if they are reconsidering him, the outcome was more extreme than they intended. It's probably been a while to come to that conclusion because New Champs are not commonly changed lightly. They probably had to gather information. It's not always a matter of feedback alone. They need to gather data on how they perform. That's my guess.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Changes to a Champ before its release are not nerfs.

The person I talked to (Kabam developer) specifically said he was nerfed before his launch, and was nerfed too much.

SO I'M PRETTY SURE NERF is the correct term lol.

But hey you were there so you know better than me........

Technically, a Champ has to be playable to consider it a nerf. Otherwise it's revisions to the design before the release.

Technically even when you're wrong you're right is what you're saying. JHC

LOL. @DaMunk you are my hero.

Once again, the munk wins and that other guy loses. I bet that the other guy has this kind of conversation with Siri or Google Assistant.

Thanks for playing!
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Changes to a Champ before its release are not nerfs.

The person I talked to (Kabam developer) specifically said he was nerfed before his launch, and was nerfed too much.

SO I'M PRETTY SURE NERF is the correct term lol.

But hey you were there so you know better than me........

Technically, a Champ has to be playable to consider it a nerf. Otherwise it's revisions to the design before the release.

Technically you are stating the obvious every time
    NinjAlan wrote: »

Your own views are almost always contradictory of whatever post is made, hardly making them your own views, rather, they are someone else's views you have chosen to oppose. You are literally the worst kind of person.

Agreed 100%, but this where we stop talking though. :D
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    ignore the community idiot...
This discussion has been closed.