Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Member Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Cav gift is worthless

Cav players- Give us more T5CC!!!

Cav players on X-mas- Cav gift is worthless

Pathetic.
    Pretty pathetic how you fail to understand that we are fine with T5CC but are mad about the 5* AG which for even people like me is useless. I have fking 5 AGs with no champs to use them on 2 being generics
    Pretty pathetic how you fail to understand that they weren't going to make the whole package aimed at high-end Cavs. The T5CC is there for you, the 5* Generic AG is for lower-tier Cavs.
    I’m not a high end Cav you fool I haven’t even touched 6.2 to be honest but I’ve already awakened pretty much every 5 star that deserves it. I have 5 gems 2
    Of which being generic just sitting there now. I pity those high end cavs
    Oh so just because you have your 5*s awakened means that no one else needs it? Hmmm love how you think the world centers around your needs, hon.
    Never said it did, but just goes to show. You instantly assumed I was a high end Cav. I’m your below average player, and a gem atm is this useless for me. Imagine an above average Cav. I mean kabam are giving out 5* AGs like their candy in events so eventually they’re bound to become virtually useless
  • J_SenderoJ_Sendero Member Posts: 10
    The Christmas gift is mid as a stand alone gift. Pretty good. Nice little bonus. What makes it meh, is I was hoping it would makeup for the lackluster deals that were today and cyber weekend (as a cav player) and it definitely does not do that. As a last chance to make things right, this gift says, we know we did you wrong, but it is what it is, get over it.

Again, as a stand alone gift. It's good. And I appreciate free resources. It just isn't enough to mend past events is all.
  • LeStMn92LeStMn92 Member Posts: 119
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Cav gift is worthless

Pathetic.
    Pretty pathetic how you fail to understand that we are fine with T5CC but are mad about the 5* AG which for even people like me is useless. I have fking 5 AGs with no champs to use them on 2 being generics
    Pretty pathetic how you fail to understand that they weren't going to make the whole package aimed at high-end Cavs. The T5CC is there for you, the 5* Generic AG is for lower-tier Cavs.
    I’m not a high end Cav you fool I haven’t even touched 6.2 to be honest but I’ve already awakened pretty much every 5 star that deserves it. I have 5 gems 2
    Feel free to take my 1>2 gem in return for a 5* generic AG 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the free gift!
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Member Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Cav gift is worthless

Pathetic.
    Oh so just because you have your 5*s awakened means that no one else needs it? Hmmm love how you think the world centers around your needs, hon.
    Never said it did, but just goes to show. You instantly assumed I was a high end Cav. I’m your below average player, and a gem atm is this useless for me. Imagine an above average Cav. I mean kabam are giving out 5* AGs like their candy in events so eventually they’re bound to become virtually useless
    But are they useless at this point in time? No. I could still use a generic AG even as a TB.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Member Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    LeStMn92 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Cav gift is worthless

Pathetic.
    Feel free to take my 1>2 gem in return for a 5* generic AG 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Oh boy if you could trade those I’d do it in a heart beat
  • Binweevil69Binweevil69 Member Posts: 16

As a Thronebreaker, I’m pretty disappointed.

But, it’s still free and stuff I wouldn’t have otherwise. Merry Christmas!

As a cav player im fine with the gift. It’s a gift can’t really say anything else tbh. I’d like a crystal more as I don’t have anyone to use the ag on but it’s free so I’m not going to complain

• PseudouberPseudouber Member Posts: 793 ★★★
    It should have been a 6* awakening to be equivalent to the Cavs. It's basically just rank-up stuff you probably always have sitting but hey, it's free.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    i'm happy with it ... i mean i think we've all become spoiled with the gifts lol ... it's a free lil bit of something .. not great, not the worst ... just a cool thing to give out .. for FREE.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★

And... @GroundedWisdom and @Demonzfyre are being **** about cavs commenting that a generic AG isn’t that useful?!?

That's not true. No one is beyond using 5*s. Even Players like Worknprogress with stacked Rosters are still using and Ranking 5*s. A Generic Gem is still rare.
  • GogataGogata Member Posts: 71
    The gift is supper cool, appreciate it on my both acc's althouh they are both cavalier with 3 years of difference
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★

And... @GroundedWisdom and @Demonzfyre are being **** about cavs commenting that a generic AG isn’t that useful?!?

That's not true. No one is beyond using 5*s. Even Players like Worknprogress with stacked Rosters are still using and Ranking 5*s. A Generic Gem is still rare.
    @GroundedWisdom they are useless if the only unduped champ worthy of it is a Falcon and you have them as a 6*!!!
    So hold on to it. You're going to get more Champs in the future.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Had the 1-2 gem been a generic for Thronebreaker, I'd be a little more happy, but as it stands having a random 1-2 gem is a little underwhelming. A 6* AG Crystal would have been perfect. But yeah, I dunno a generic rank up would have been the middle ground I would have preferred.
  • SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Member Posts: 230
    I hate to complain about free stuff but a 6* Ag crystal would have been more useful to more thronebreaker players. Thank you Kabam for the free stuff, though.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Member Posts: 351 ★★
    edited December 2020

As a Thronebreaker, I’m pretty disappointed.

But, it’s still free and stuff I wouldn’t have otherwise. Merry Christmas!

It's even worse than the scarf I received from my uncle.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom they are useless if the only unduped champ worthy of it is a Falcon and you have them as a 6*!!!
    Who says you have to use it right now? We have a whole years worth of champs coming smart guy. Hows that scam of organization you posted about going?
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,701 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Had the 1-2 gem been a generic for Thronebreaker, I'd be a little more happy, but as it stands having a random 1-2 gem is a little underwhelming. A 6* AG Crystal would have been perfect. But yeah, I dunno a generic rank up would have been the middle ground I would have preferred.

That’s my thought to. Why make a Rng for who to rank. But it a free gift so can’t be disappointed but can be a bit it the mild grind of be anoying u hype yourself op like I’m hype my self to much
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Member Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Do you not get the concept of future needs?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★

Imagine complaining about free stuff smh

The entitlement is strong with a lot of these people.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,346 ★★★★★
    Its free so we cant complain, but then again 1-2 gem consists of resources I have in the stash almost going to expire, because the game has made these resources very abundant. Hence the gift isn’t necessarily in tune with the state of the economy. Also have to keep in mind that some people r3ed a bad champ just for this. Cleary a t5cc outweighs a 1-2 gem
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★

I mean it’s pretty good. Or at least it would have been if I hadn’t pulled more damn cosmic T5CC. I already have 2 useless ones and this just adds to it. Literally any other class would have been better and I can stop pulling

Can you guess which class I pulled from the 1-2 gem?

If RNG is with you this is a great gift. If it’s not, well, this pretty much adds a bit more dust to the shelf. Can only hope it comes to be useful later down the line

But hey, at least cavs got some T5CC!

This is a valid point. I’m not a fan of a significant pRNG aspect for any gift level (and yes, my Cav T5 crystal again failed to deliver the necessary 5% shards to fill one out). It makes the “giftiness” totally random.

As for the “all Cavs are ungrateful scum” vibe, that’s probably as overloaded for Christmas Day as Cavs griping about another AG plus T5c.

Everyone can be totally unchuffed about their gifts without going ballistic on everyone else. It’s just not necessary.

And I wonder...is this kind of animosity among the most loyal players something that was foreseeable when some Kabam peep dreamed it all up? What will happen when TB vs. Cav New Year offers reopen that wound? There’s probably a valuable socioeconomic lesson in there for anyone willing to tease it out.

My night will consist of keeping the game pretty much off except to finish a 7.1 path and awaken my OG BW, plus watching Wonder Woman and hanging with family. Play some Munchkin, King of Tokyo, maybe Smash Up and eat BBQ. Maybe get really crazy and drink a couple of adult beverages. Fall asleep and (I hope) wake up to the weekend.

Cheers.

Dr. Zola
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I really like that they gave a title. Though I’m curious what the title is for players who got coal 😉

For the rest it’s all free rewards.
    How can we complain? Yes I would have liked a certain percentage selector for a t5c, so I could form a skill t5c for my newly duped Ægon, but it is what it is.
    I’m very skeptical with everything that Kabam does or doesn’t do, but with this?.......nah come on, it’s impossible to please everyone with all their hyped expectations 🤷‍♂️

Fyi: the 10% t5c crystal gave me skill t5c, getting me closer to form a t5c 😉
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Member Posts: 6,469 ★★★★★
    WillieB said:

Meh...I'm a thronebreaker. It's ok, bot nothing great. RNG stuff is 90% time almost worthless. I pulled a Mystic rank up gem and already have Doom and Morningstar at r3, Sasquatch at r2. It will be a long time before I ever use it, if ever.

A 6* awakening gem crystal would have been SOOOO much better.

Pretty much this. I got a bunch of rubbish, more skill t5cc(yuck) and a second tech 1-2 gem. A gift is a gift tho.
  • Ramllok71Ramllok71 Member Posts: 2
    Just did the Christmas gift but can't find whatever it came with... Is there another gift to open? I see nothing...
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian

WillieB said:

Meh...I'm a thronebreaker. It's ok, bot nothing great. RNG stuff is 90% time almost worthless. I pulled a Mystic rank up gem and already have Doom and Morningstar at r3, Sasquatch at r2. It will be a long time before I ever use it, if ever.

Pretty much this. I got a bunch of rubbish, more skill t5cc(yuck) and a second tech 1-2 gem. A gift is a gift tho.
    Are we on the same account? I got the exact same rewards and I feel the exact same about skill t5cc.
    H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

Are we on the same account? I got the exact same rewards and I feel the exact same about skill t5cc.
    I have 2 skill r3s, no one else i want to rank. And i have another half now. YAY.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I mean it’s pretty good. Or at least it would have been if I hadn’t pulled more damn cosmic T5CC. I already have 2 useless ones and this just adds to it. Literally any other class would have been better and I can stop pulling

Can you guess which class I pulled from the 1-2 gem?

If RNG is with you this is a great gift. If it’s not, well, this pretty much adds a bit more dust to the shelf. Can only hope it comes to be useful later down the line

But hey, at least cavs got some T5CC!

This is a valid point. I’m not a fan of a significant pRNG aspect for any gift level (and yes, my Cav T5 crystal again failed to deliver the necessary 5% shards to fill one out). It makes the “giftiness” totally random.

As for the “all Cavs are ungrateful scum” vibe, that’s probably as overloaded for Christmas Day as Cavs griping about another AG plus T5c.

Everyone can be totally unchuffed about their gifts without going ballistic on everyone else. It’s just not necessary.

And I wonder...is this kind of animosity among the most loyal players something that was foreseeable when some Kabam peep dreamed it all up? What will happen when TB vs. Cav New Year offers reopen that wound? There’s probably a valuable socioeconomic lesson in there for anyone willing to tease it out.

My night will consist of keeping the game pretty much off except to finish a 7.1 path and awaken my OG BW, plus watching Wonder Woman and hanging with family. Play some Munchkin, King of Tokyo, maybe Smash Up and eat BBQ. Maybe get really crazy and drink a couple of adult beverages. Fall asleep and (I hope) wake up to the weekend.

Cheers.

Dr. Zola
    Munchkin & king of tokyo: awesome games to play 😎👍 the “dlc’s” for munchkin are really fun as well, the x-men edition comes to mind.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Its free so we cant complain, but then again 1-2 gem consists of resources I have in the stash almost going to expire, because the game has made these resources very abundant. Hence the gift isn’t necessarily in tune with the state of the economy. Also have to keep in mind that some people r3ed a bad champ just for this. Cleary a t5cc outweighs a 1-2 gem

Those people are incredibly foolish and I have no sympathy for people who make foolish rash decisions based on hopes and assumptions

GagoH said:

Those people are incredibly foolish and I have no sympathy for people who make foolish rash decisions based on hopes and assumptions
    I agree, although i think the gift was meh. Not bad. Not good. Just a pile of rng.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

I agree, although i think the gift was meh. Not bad. Not good. Just a pile of rng.
    It's stuff I got for doing something I'd do anyway, logging in. I'm fine with it. Did it change much for me? Nope, but it's free stuff. If people are relying on free handouts to progress no wonder so many people think TB requirements are unfair