**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guardian Top 5 (maybe best or at least most underrated Champ?) in the Tech class?!?

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

That SP2 BOMB vs. an 80K Beast was only with 6 Force Field charges too btw... So if they are stacked up, HOLY SH**

Stop trying to sell Guardian's damage. Yes its solid and yes big yellow numbers are impressive but if we're talking DPS which is what actually matters he's not even in the same league as Ghost and Guilly 2099. His damage at rank 3 as a six star is similar to elsa bloodstone's at rank 2 and people don't exactly consider elsa a top damage dealer either.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

That SP2 BOMB vs. an 80K Beast was only with 6 Force Field charges too btw... So if they are stacked up, HOLY SH**

Stop trying to sell Guardian's damage. Yes its solid and yes big yellow numbers are impressive but if we're talking DPS which is what actually matters he's not even in the same league as Ghost and Guilly 2099. His damage at rank 3 as a six star is similar to elsa bloodstone's at rank 2 and people don't exactly consider elsa a top damage dealer either.
    They don't? That's her main draw for me as she lacks immunities.

I love my sig 190 r5 guardian - he does require ramp up but I like that better than the sp3 finish ramp down that g2099 needs in her kit (esp when you end up facing something like life cycle or a gwenpool). She's still better but I like to use him more.

Ghost is still top no doubt and I like Warlock better also (he's #2 for me).
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    He isn't obviously the best or top 3 tech champs but is so good .-
    1.Insane burst
    2.Perfect block of projectiles
    3.Insane bleed,energy resistence.
    4.Auto block for safety
    5.Good taunt buff ignoring many nodes.
    6.High armor buff.
    7.Can block unblockable SPs against mutant.
    8.good power control,can also power drain with last light attack.
    9.Insane BP and resistences if awakened.
    10.good synergies.
    11.what more do u need?

He is a superb champ,though I also think sparky is a bit underrated lol
  • His ability to not crit is very valuable as Is his sig ability. He also has done of the most satisfying burst damage in the game, even if it is a bit of a slow journey to get there.

He’s a champion I find a fair bit of use for but I wouldn’t put above my ‘daily’ champs.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Ghost could do the fight you did in a quarter of the time/hits while taking 0 damage...
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    gp87 said:

TP33 said:

Guardian has a high burst damage potential however. Ghost has more sustainability in her damage and can deliver bursts MUCH quicker. Guilly 2099 is able to work around damage caps making her better for LOL/AOL than every champ in game minus Ægon. Star Lord has near completely fallen out of the meta, sorry to say it but Guilly 2099s existence just renders him redundant. Warlock has more base utility without needing any sig ability. He may not have energy resistance but he has 3 immunities and can heal block/power drain, oh and to anyone who says he has bad damage you’ve obviously never played him properly, 20k damage in 2 hits on a 5/65 is easily achievable on a semi regular basis. I mean hell, there’s an argument that Punisher 2099 is better than him, the power control and decent damage that comes with it are not to be ignored.

Guardian can only really be the best option when he’s at sig 200 and in a long fight where he can ramp up, he doesn’t really fill any burning holes in the tech roster and honestly it’s sad, he’s just a champion who does what is already on offer. Ofc if he’s your only option he is great, but the moment you pull Ghost, Warlock, G2099 or many other champions who need no ramp up, you’ll just use him less and less.

If you want to look at a champion who got it right look at Mysterio. He’s a tech champion that has some common tech abilities like power drain, but he offers SO MUCH MORE. Poison is a rare ability for tech champions and having a damage rotation based around it means you get a more unique experience, what he does best isn’t done better by other champs in the same class, leading to him being ranked up over a Warlock or G2099, what he does is different and so it’s hard to compare him.

Idk guardian is good but a perfect example of the need for kabam to get creative and not just recycle old mechanics/abilities

“Gives nothing at tech class” ... really?
    1. Parry projectiles
    2. High energy resistance (shock destroys robots)
    3. Bypass magics limbo, korgs - electros thorns (only imiw can do it also at tech class)
    4. Extremely high block proficiency and makes every teamate kind of capiw at blocks
    5. Block unblockable specials by mutants and perfect block at specails in general.
    6. Need sig 200 for all those but his prestige is top 1 at tech category , not like ghost or omega who need high sig but have trash prestige.

Dont forget he doesn't have crits (which is often punished nowadays)

His attacks are ranged/energy attacks. Seen some nasty act 6 nodes which really required that.

"Energy crits" work around stuff like manthings def

He also has an emergency powerdrain

And can work with suicides if you want him to

Very versatile champ that filled utility holes in my roaster (and I have 34 R5/R2/R3)
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    I agree that ghost is spot 1 & warlock spot 2.
    But guillo99 is the most overrated tech champ. That sp3 finisher is pain , at war you have to find easy fight for ramp up for one specific fight , at aq you have to hold her with combo to fight apoco, at quest if one node dont let you to do sp3 you are doomed. As r5/5 her health pool is to low, as r3/6 her damage is so big that you dont have time to finish next fight with sp3 when she is ramped up.
    Not a bad champ but for sure not top 3. She does everything (power drain, spectre, double immunities) but nothing top of it. Also her regen is affected by assasings mastery so at war has not safety.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

He's not underrated... he's overlooked. It's not a case of people don't think he's good, it is just that people forget he exists. When he enters the conversation there is a lot of useful utility. He also has a low skill cap because of his tankiness. I'm not sure about "ramp up". He has very simple rotation depending on the health pool of the opponent. Personally, I don't consider having to throw the "ramp up" SP3 or SP1 for force field charges too troublesome.

He's one of the easiest ways to solo AQ Apoc without requiring stellar gameplay.

I wouldnt say guardian has a low skillcap, it requires some skill being able to parry certain special attacks especially multi hit ones. You want to do that to gain as much power as possible since he’s somewhat a ramp up champ after all
  • MainzelMainzel Posts: 50
    Guardian has a lot of pure damage output, but he lacks in utility. Still good for many fights. I also found some use for him in act 6 exploration
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    I love him. Parries non contact attacks, counters havok, great damage, boosts the teams block proficiency, he’s just a solid dude to have on the team and I’ll probably use a generic on him too
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Mainzel said:

Guardian has a lot of pure damage output, but he lacks in utility. Still good for many fights. I also found some use for him in act 6 exploration

.... just don’t. His damage is a nice bonus but his utility is his main selling point.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Mainzel said:

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Mainzel said:

Not like he doesn’t crit or have some of the best resistances in the game or anything, not like he can parry projectiles or counter havok, I mean, no utility at all!
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    HB is way better than Guardian, if you know how to use HB block-breaker against the wall. He’s been my go to tech and have both Ghost and G 99.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

HB is way better than Guardian, if you know how to use HB block-breaker against the wall. He’s been my go to tech and have both Ghost and G 99.

Have you ever used a high sig guardian or considered the many weaknesses of hb?
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/TrEGwR8YwMQ
    Behold pure undiluted damage and utility I basically ended the fight with 99% HP
    Almost no block damage
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    He’s definitely top 5. I personally believe he’s better than that.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/ixFQzLYqBzM
    Never regretted using taking him to rank 5
    If you look at the red Numbers you'll see something special
    69420 ;-)
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I mean that clip isn’t particularly impressive, the healthpool is very small, however I do think he’s one of the most underrated champs, mainly for his utility though, particularly all the huge resistance on his sig

this

the damage with one sp1 is nothing special
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★

https://youtu.be/TrEGwR8YwMQ
    Behold pure undiluted damage and utility I basically ended the fight with 99% HP
    Almost no block damage

That was SICK! I want a 5* or 6* so bad!!!
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I mean that clip isn’t particularly impressive, the healthpool is very small, however I do think he’s one of the most underrated champs, mainly for his utility though, particularly all the huge resistance on his sig

this

the damage with one sp1 is nothing special
    That's my point, only one SP1 and he completely melted like 65K+ health with ONLY 6 Force Field charges on the SP2
  • I hate ghost