**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Either Nerf Quake or Never Release 6* Quake

Comments

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Outside of timed fights, such us AW and AQ, a 6* Quake can’t do anything more than a 5* Quake. Both the 5* and 6* version will be able to clear the exact same content. The only difference is the 6* r3 will be able to clear it slightly faster than the 5* r5.
    Also Kabam can side nerf her, by adding more frequently true strike node at future content.
    Why not releasing a 6* Quake then?
    All champs should be available as 6*s, even Quake, she can’t break the game more than she is currently doing.
    Also, adding all the missing champs to the 6* pool, will improve its quality, and will increase the chances of pulling a good champ.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

What exactly makes a 6* quake more OP than a 5* quake. Granted fights take shorter, but the only thing I cam think of is added help outdamaging passive regen, such as willpower. Other than that, I fail to see how it helps.

That said, Kabam are nerfing quake the same way they nerf every champ they later regret releasing (blade and corvus, looking right at you). They are introducing champs that she cannot counter. Besides for @Agent_X_zzz no one will be able to quake psycho man. We have apoc and duped prof x who cannot be quaked. And Kabam will continue to introduce champs and node combinations that take quake off the table when they want to so that you can't use her EVERYWHERE.

I always laugh when people say a champion who has been around for a while should be nerfed. That just seems like awful business practice to me. In the case of quake, it would possibly be enough to make me leave the game for good. Not a threat, just a fact. If a 3 year old champ isn't safe, why bother investing resources in learning champs.

Exactly, she is not like blade or starky. She does not have to parry at all which makes her health pool and attack irrelevant. If you have the skill and time, you can take down 6 star rank 5 champs in solo contents. AW is a different monster altogether because time outs are a real factor and I don't think you can boost that high. Kabam could increase the time, but I don't see why they would do it for 1 champ.
  • Options
    NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★

the heck did I just read

1% of KDs insightfulness
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Actually couldnt care less, it's not like I'll ever pull her
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★

IKON said:

While it would be perceived as a nerf, Quake should work like her description reads. She should only be able to evade during a heavy if a concussion debuff is placed on the opponent. There is nothing in her description to indicate she should be able to evade all basic attacks when charging a heavy and opponent does NOT have a concussion debuff.

Having said that, with the change in content direction, I almost never use Quake in questing. AQ/AW she remains a mainstay.

lol you know how many description errors there are? alot, I can explain why she works and how she works with her interactions with concussion, but I will not do it over forums, Line or discord I can.
    Well I suppose the simple solution would to be to fix the description then? I have no idea how many description errors there are, or if any are actually impactful beyond this.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

IKON said:

While it would be perceived as a nerf, Quake should work like her description reads. She should only be able to evade during a heavy if a concussion debuff is placed on the opponent. There is nothing in her description to indicate she should be able to evade all basic attacks when charging a heavy and opponent does NOT have a concussion debuff.

Having said that, with the change in content direction, I almost never use Quake in questing. AQ/AW she remains a mainstay.

lol you know how many description errors there are? alot, I can explain why she works and how she works with her interactions with concussion, but I will not do it over forums, Line or discord I can.
    Well I suppose the simple solution would to be to fix the description then? I have no idea how many description errors there are, or if any are actually impactful beyond this.
    I have written a whole post about this. Kabam doesn't care.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Kabam shouldn't nerf Quake and should release her as a 6* soon. The usefulness of a champ is subjective to the current meta. We could very well see Quake as the next Blade in a few years or something. Quake has just survived longer than usual as a meta champion. She's at the end of the day, another champion that Kabam have released albeit an awesome one.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

I got into an argument saying the exact same thing along with @Sarvanga1_ . Either change her description or make her work as per her description. People got so scared that Kabam will change her. I don't mind her working like this, if you have the skill, you can use her and clear content. It's not my playstyle though.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Your analysis is favored towards Quake. I would say that Ghost has no PC ability, therefore Quake would take the automatic win. However when it comes to general high-power scenarios (whether it be passive or not), I would say Ghost with Hood is miles ahead of Quake.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    What would you recommend for a nerf?
  • Options

for all the people that say "5* Quake can do anything that a 6* would be able to do", are you gonna Quake a whole path in story content when the hp's will eventually be at 500k+ using 5/65 Quake? I know I'm not

I will if need be.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Watch kabam put true strike as global in ever EQ move forward esay way to neft he that way
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    She is now never going to be introduced as a 6* Thanks to your Post lmao
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

for all the people that say "5* Quake can do anything that a 6* would be able to do", are you gonna Quake a whole path in story content when the hp's will eventually be at 500k+ using 5/65 Quake? I know I'm not

I will if need be.
    Which is why you can bet on seeing 6* gates eventually as well. Quake not being released as a 6* and eventual 6* gates in story content are more likely how they'll deal with having to design with her in mind.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

She shouldn't be released as a 6*. Ever.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Since we kind of already do that now why not?
    His point is that eventually when the healthpools get too high and 6* Quake is not released and/or there is a 6 star restriction in content, Quake will slowly be weeded out of the meta, making for a more balanced game.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,209 ★★★★
    edited February 2021

Lol. This is not a novel post. YouTubers like KT1 and BG have made videos about Quake not returning as a 6* over a year ago.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

What exactly makes a 6* quake more OP than a 5* quake. Granted fights take shorter, but the only thing I cam think of is added help outdamaging passive regen, such as willpower. Other than that, I fail to see how it helps.

That said, Kabam are nerfing quake the same way they nerf every champ they later regret releasing (blade and corvus, looking right at you). They are introducing champs that she cannot counter. Besides for @Agent_X_zzz no one will be able to quake psycho man. We have apoc and duped prof x who cannot be quaked. And Kabam will continue to introduce champs and node combinations that take quake off the table when they want to so that you can't use her EVERYWHERE.

I always laugh when people say a champion who has been around for a while should be nerfed. That just seems like awful business practice to me. In the case of quake, it would possibly be enough to make me leave the game for good. Not a threat, just a fact. If a 3 year old champ isn't safe, why bother investing resources in learning champs.

It’s not that her damage needs to be capped by not making her a 6*, it’s that future content is always designed with how powerful champions currently are. If champions are X/10 powerful, then content needs to be introduced relative to how powerful the champions are.

We had this with 12.0 for Dr strange, SW and Thor etc because they were so powerful, that content needed to be so insanely hard that only they could do it. And it created a meta of having them, or not doing content. As a result, champions were nerfed, diminishing returns introduced and the game was better for it.

The reason quake is so powerful is she makes any fight she can do pretty much the same. Using quake, (excluding outliers like spite), you pretty much just Quake and shake. If you compare quake to any other champ when considering her for a fight, there are very few nodes that rule her out. True strike, power gain etc.

Say you have a fight, and you add buffet to it. That rules out a lot of champions, not quake. Add biohazard, rules out a lot of champions, not quake. Add footloose, not quake. Add can’t touch this, not quake. Add ebb and flow intercept, not quake. Add bane, not quake. Add EMP mod, not quake. Add power shield. Add polka dot power. Quake is still fine. The list goes on.

So you have a fight where you have to bring a bleed immune, buff light, evade/unstoppable/nullify, shock immune/energy resistant, DoT dealing champion, not to mention dealing with bane and intercepting. That’s a hell of a difficult fight. How can you deal with that niche content? Bring that one counter who can handle it. Or... you can just quake and bake.

That is the power of quake, and why she’s so broken. That’s why future content will have so many extra difficult nodes that screw with quake, or quake will just be able to blast through it.

Quake is awesome, I enjoy using her. But I don’t want content where it’s so hard that I have to quake for 10 minutes.
    Which is why introducing champs that have access to evade resistance is an indirect quake nerf. You can't go back and nerf a champ that has been in the game for such a long time. But you can try to push in a new meta that makes her less relevant. Can you use her in Act 7? Sure, but there are plenty of other options out there that can do the job quicker. Kabam didn't like her AW dominance so they introduced stubborn. They will continue to tinker and find ways to take down her power level a notch or twenty. And while I think that some of these tinkerings (is that a word?) have been misses, I would rather them take that route than a flat out nerf)
    I've realised my post implies i want quake nerfed outright, which i want to clarify i do not want. I just agree that a 6* quake maybe isnt the best idea.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

It’s not that her damage needs to be capped by not making her a 6*, it’s that future content is always designed with how powerful champions currently are. If champions are X/10 powerful, then content needs to be introduced relative to how powerful the champions are.

We had this with 12.0 for Dr strange, SW and Thor etc because they were so powerful, that content needed to be so insanely hard that only they could do it. And it created a meta of having them, or not doing content. As a result, champions were nerfed, diminishing returns introduced and the game was better for it.

The reason quake is so powerful is she makes any fight she can do pretty much the same. Using quake, (excluding outliers like spite), you pretty much just Quake and shake. If you compare quake to any other champ when considering her for a fight, there are very few nodes that rule her out. True strike, power gain etc.

Say you have a fight, and you add buffet to it. That rules out a lot of champions, not quake. Add biohazard, rules out a lot of champions, not quake. Add footloose, not quake. Add can’t touch this, not quake. Add ebb and flow intercept, not quake. Add bane, not quake. Add EMP mod, not quake. Add power shield. Add polka dot power. Quake is still fine. The list goes on.

So you have a fight where you have to bring a bleed immune, buff light, evade/unstoppable/nullify, shock immune/energy resistant, DoT dealing champion, not to mention dealing with bane and intercepting. That’s a hell of a difficult fight. How can you deal with that niche content? Bring that one counter who can handle it. Or... you can just quake and bake.

That is the power of quake, and why she’s so broken. That’s why future content will have so many extra difficult nodes that screw with quake, or quake will just be able to blast through it.

Quake is awesome, I enjoy using her. But I don’t want content where it’s so hard that I have to quake for 10 minutes.
    Which is why introducing champs that have access to evade resistance is an indirect quake nerf. You can't go back and nerf a champ that has been in the game for such a long time. But you can try to push in a new meta that makes her less relevant. Can you use her in Act 7? Sure, but there are plenty of other options out there that can do the job quicker. Kabam didn't like her AW dominance so they introduced stubborn. They will continue to tinker and find ways to take down her power level a notch or twenty. And while I think that some of these tinkerings (is that a word?) have been misses, I would rather them take that route than a flat out nerf)
    Love this point. Stryfe and Psycho-Man are great examples of this. Psycho can be once you push him into another phase, but outta the gate he shuts her down. Personally I like this sly push of countering a character through new mechanics and introducing balance this way.