**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Was there ever any elaboration on why Cyclops was considered one of the best champs in MCOC?

GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★
Title says it all. Believe it or not, I really enjoy using Cyclops (I prefer blue over Red). More so because I am a fan of the character, but overall (with the right synergies) he can be fun to play for lower level questing. I've seen little jokes here and there about how Cyclops is one of the best and initially I thought this fell in the same category as the "GROOT is the BEST" memes that show up everywhere. Apparently its been said that Cyclops is one of the most effective champs. I'm curious if there has been any elaboration on this theory. Karate Mike did a video on using Cyclops, but he's great with just about every champ in the game. Is there something that I am missing? Cyclops is fun to use, but I haven't seen anything that makes him come across as overly effective.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    According to some data in the past, Cyclops was one of the most used options to fight against Magik's, I think
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Kabam miike said he was very EFFECTIVE in war thus people discovered his potential to end just about any content in the game
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★

It's a running joke based on a Kabam Mike comment which fueled a series of responses and memes.

Now Cyclops decimates AQ
    This meme saw the future
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Cyclops is the best Havok counter in the game and as we all know Havok is the toughest defender in the game meaning Cyclops is the best attacker in the game

I wouldn't say he's the best counter. His damage still sucks, bit it's true he can eat his specials, including his sp3 while taking 0 damage. There are better counters with more damage, ifou play well enough to not push him to an sp3. Anyone with an armor up buff or consistent power drain can be just as effective while taking havok down faster.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7b0rxk3QYo

This is why he is the best. Little throwback but still valid to this day.
    edited February 2021
    DRTO said:

I miss Lil Joh's commentaries. They were actually pretty funny.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Cyclops is the best Havok counter in the game and as we all know Havok is the toughest defender in the game meaning Cyclops is the best attacker in the game

I wouldn't say he's the best counter. His damage still sucks, bit it's true he can eat his specials, including his sp3 while taking 0 damage. There are better counters with more damage, ifou play well enough to not push him to an sp3. Anyone with an armor up buff or consistent power drain can be just as effective while taking havok down faster.
    Cyclops can literally never die vs Havok tho because he takes 0 damage from all of his energy special attacks and plasma
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★
    Wow. The comic with the Ghost, Quake, etc. is hilarious. Here's hoping he gets a buff sooner than later. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    DRTO said:

This is so funny.
    I can't stop laughing.
    My 3* Groot can finish that fight faster.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

But how did they use him effectively? For which fights?

probably a flare, stun vulnerability, life transfer, icarus, rising sun, heavy assault, poison vulnerability, incinerate vulnerability, got a light, toxican toxicant, dash vulnerability, foresight rocket racoon with role reversal
  • It's a running joke based on a Kabam Mike comment which fueled a series of responses and memes.

Now Cyclops decimates AQ
    This meme saw the future
    Too bad Thing stopped being a mini boss before Cyclops could get his revenge 😆

Cyclops can literally never die vs Havok tho because he takes 0 damage from all of his energy special attacks and plasma
    You should be a car salesman...(KDSuperFlash10 slaps cyclops on the back). This guy is amazing for Havok's.

I let Havok hit Cyclops and he died as quick as I expected. I admit his specials don't do anything, but he still takes regular damage and is a noodle for attack in most scenarios. I'll gladly take Colossus or Warlock to a Havok fight over Cyclops and have someone useful the rest of the path in the mean time.

If you like that matchup that much though, continue to do controversial you. Not selling me on it though.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Cyclops used to wreck people in AW. https://youtu.be/6DCqdvGAoCc
    edited February 2021

Ok?

No way I'm bringing a Cyclops to counter Havok when any armor up champ can handle him. Cyclops biggest advantage is not taking damage from Havok's specials, so I can see the value if there's some crazy power gain like all or nothing, but I'd still take Warlock for that match up so I'd have a counter for the entire path.

Cyclops still takes damage from Havok's egular hits and not gonna waste rank up resources for a single niche fight with lackluster damage and no ability to use my own specials... Argue however you want (controversial as usual), but he's still not great for most content. Maybe one day, he'll get a real buff that will change more minds, but an AQ participation ribbon buff ain't gonna do it.
  • gL4C1eRgL4C1eR Posts: 117

A constant reminder of wasted resources.
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★

I'm sorry for your loss