**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does this AW matching makes sense?

13Β»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Beating a dead horse @GroundedWisdom

The system is fair, you are talking about adding in rng to the matchmaking system that could slide back into the problems of the past.

Stop bringing a spoon to a knife fight. Because I’ve got nukes on my roster, let’s play my friend.
  • Options
    Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 β˜…β˜…
    edited March 2021
    I agree that the war rating based matchmaking system is better than the prestige based one. We don't want to see another No name case anymore.

What I want to say, and many will agree with me, that the current matchmaking system is not perfect and completely fair as you guys try to make it be. It doesn't. It's not fair when a 15 millions alliance was matched with a 30 millions alliance. Even if the 15 millions rating alliance somehow wins it (mostly because the other side doesn't care) the effort and items spent will take a toll on the winner as well. And look, we have many high rating alliances don't try hard in AW but they just keep showing up and make other side miserable just to beat their defenders.

So I think we need to see it from both sides. We accept it not because it's perfect but because we can't think of something else better.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    In previous system, alliances were matched due to their size and we saw some very weak alliances got to platinum or even master bracket and it's a joke. It was like a lightweight boxer somehow got heavyweight rewards with minimum effort.

But in current system, the reversal things happened, heavyweight - no matter they are good in war or not, their defenders are still at heavyweight level - alliances are putting down to lightweight bracket and all weaker teams were matched with them go through hell. And this bad situation only get worse with time because that very strong alliances just don't want to play war, they just show up to collect rewards for minimum effort and their size becomes bigger day by day, season by season while newer alliances have little to no chance to beat them. And if they can't at least beat the final bosses, the results will be very very terrible for them.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nah01 said:

In previous system, alliances were matched due to their size and we saw some very weak alliances got to platinum or even master bracket and it's a joke. It was like a lightweight boxer somehow got heavyweight rewards with minimum effort.

But in current system, the reversal things happened, heavyweight - no matter they are good in war or not, their defenders are still at heavyweight level - alliances are putting down to lightweight bracket and all weaker teams were matched with them go through hell. And this bad situation only get worse with time because that very strong alliances just don't want to play war, they just show up to collect rewards for minimum effort and their size becomes bigger day by day, season by season while newer alliances have little to no chance to beat them. And if they can't at least beat the final bosses, the results will be very very terrible for them.

But that makes the big alliance performed better in the war and should win.....
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Let's at least agree it's better than it was, but not perfect and that's what the advocates are saying. Bracketing by ally size isn't a good idea though.

If Kabam did that, I would start my own ally, get a bunch of scrubs and destroy weaker allies by myself. Where I could just quake a path and boss kill.

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    ShrimpR said:

:) For the guy who keep clicking Disagree, I hope your Alliance will always match double war rating Alliances in AW season

How ironic, because in the old system where alliance rating factored into matches it was possible to match against wildly different war rating, and in the current system that's impossible.

War rating is a measure of your win/loss record against comparable competition. You should have a roughly equal chance to match against *all* alliances with the same rating no matter what the alliance rating. By demanding to get matched only against alliances of similar alliance rating you're in essence saying that you want all the lower rating 2200 alliances to only match against each other, and all the higher alliance rating 2200 alliances to match against each other, and regardless of who's better and who's worse half of the winners will always come from the lower rating alliances, because half must win and half must lose (absent ties).

This is unfair, and it generates provably unfair season results. That's why we don't do it anymore.
  • Options

Nah01 said:

For many many seasons those big alliances will keep floating through silver 1 to gold 3, they can't dive down deeper or go up higher because they don't try, they don't care or some of their members just don't participate but their side keep them in middle bracket. Imagine after several season there will be more and more 30 millions rating alliances in silver 1 and gold 3. And that will be a huge problem for newer alliances who actually try hard in war and want to go up to higher bracket.

• Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

They dont play war. We faced them last season and won. We are 10.8k prestige overall.

This. Their Alliance Rating or Average Prestige shouldn't scare you. They should be higher up in the ranks but they are still in Platinum 4 even with those stats for a reason. Maybe they are just going straight for the boss kill to just to get the battlefield clear points to stay in Platinum or whatever.
  • Options
    This is my first time using this phrase in the forums 'cause I can't help it. Git Gud @GroundedWisdom
  • Options
    Nah01 said:

Nah01 said:

For many many seasons those big alliances will keep floating through silver 1 to gold 3, they can't dive down deeper or go up higher because they don't try, they don't care or some of their members just don't participate but their side keep them in middle bracket. Imagine after several season there will be more and more 30 millions rating alliances in silver 1 and gold 3. And that will be a huge problem for newer alliances who actually try hard in war and want to go up to higher bracket.

But those little alliances SHOULDN'T go past those bigger alliances if they can't beat them. Why should you finish ahead of an alliance you can't beat? When noname finished in the top 3, i promise you that if we played them 100 times, we'd have slaughtered them 100 times. Is it fair they finished ahead of us?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited March 2021
    Nah01 said:

In the previous system, the strong alliance hit a ceiling and could not climb over it because they kept being matched against similar and yet stronger alliances. The weaker alliance were able to leap-frogged them (it is like they have a back-door).

In the current system, I agree with your points and hence I think the question to ask is probably, why these "heavy weights" are not interested in War and what could change to spur them playing War competitively again.

Having said so, there will still be a 'heavy weight' wall which weaker alliance has to scale. Perhaps, there could be proportional recognition when a smaller alliance took on a larger alliance.

• Options

Nah01 said:

Nah01 said:

But those little alliances SHOULDN'T go past those bigger alliances if they can't beat them. Why should you finish ahead of an alliance you can't beat? When noname finished in the top 3, i promise you that if we played them 100 times, we'd have slaughtered them 100 times. Is it fair they finished ahead of us?
    I mean the current system is good and acceptable but not perfect. And Kabam will have to pay the attention sooner or later.
  • Options
    I am at the bronze 1 bracket and playing low tier 18 with 1 BG, only 4 participants.
    Do I deserve to be at this bracket?

Only in 2 wars, there were 10 accounts which participated in War. For the other wars, there were a few alliances in which the participating Summoners were very weak and they were depending on one or two heavy weights in the alliance to carry them through.

Alliances comes in all shapes and sizes and I think there will be no one size fit all criteria in match-making.
  • Options
    Nah01 said:

Nah01 said:

Nah01 said:

I mean the current system is good and acceptable but not perfect. And Kabam will have to pay the attention sooner or later.
    You can’t make a perfect system but not everyone has the same skill or desire when it comes to war
  • Options
    The current system is almost perfect. Out of the 12 wars we've got, we only got matched with a way bigger alliance than us, twice. The rest were balanced. The previous system kinda sucks because pf tanking.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This system is much better. Alliance War is meant to promote roster strength, planning, coordination,etc. It's not only about who kills the most people during a war or something. This War Rating system encapsulates that.
  • Options
    Fair or unfair?

• Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I have a friend in PIMP, he says that they are terrible in war. As long as you guys are organized, plan, and don't choke you should be able to get the W.

I think this is insider information not to be disclosed πŸ€”