Options

Ranking the 2020 champs

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

CGR is above Apocalypse and Guardian is top 5 for me

CGR is not above apoc , don’t let the numbers fool you. Apoc does more for anyone’s roster than CGR will do.

Texas_11 said:

CGR is not above apoc , don’t let the numbers fool you. Apoc does more for anyone’s roster than CGR will do.
    Exactly. He has utility and insane synergies as well as a solid damage output. CGR has amazing damage but far less utility and many champions already have damage.
    Yeah, I get so confused, like Prof X is almost better than CGR IMO. Also with the protect meta , I’m sure he is not as effective.

If someone was in act 6 and 7 I’m pretty sure Those two champs would put in major work.

Red goblin actually puts in more work than CGR as well.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,782 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Exactly. He has utility and insane synergies as well as a solid damage output. CGR has amazing damage but far less utility and many champions already have damage.
    Yeah, I get so confused, like Prof X is almost better than CGR IMO. Also with the protect meta , I’m sure he is not as effective.

If someone was in act 6 and 7 I’m pretty sure Those two champs would put in major work.

Roblin and Prof X over CGR 💀. You're good at trolling. Better than me
    Roblin is debatable but I'd take Prof X over CGR.
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

CGR is a fantastic champ; but generally not as game changing as you think.
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Not sure what prof x does outside of the abyss tbh. I have a 5* at r3 and haven't used him outside of a single map 4 boss. that being said, I don't have a CGR
    He's a fantastic counter to evade and miss. Evade countering is not as unique anymmore but countering miss is. He is one of the few champs (if not the only champ, I'm not sure) to have complete immunity to reversed controls. Additionally if played skillfully, he only hits the opponent with non-contact attacks allowing him to bypass certain damage-back abilities. His damage output is fantastic and he's a great general questing champion for this reason once mastered. Additionally his synergies are OP too especially for already top-tier mutants like Colossus.
    Pretty sure there are more niche uses he has but this is what I use him mostly for.

As for the stance on Prof X over CGR, bear in mind I neither have CGR so it could change too!
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Not sure what prof x does outside of the abyss tbh. I have a 5* at r3 and haven't used him outside of a single map 4 boss. that being said, I don't have a CGR
    He's a fantastic counter to evade and miss. Evade countering is not as unique anymmore but countering miss is. He is one of the few champs (if not the only champ, I'm not sure) to have complete immunity to reversed controls. Additionally if played skillfully, he only hits the opponent with non-contact attacks allowing him to bypass certain damage-back abilities. His damage output is fantastic and he's a great general questing champion for this reason once mastered. Additionally his synergies are OP too especially for already top-tier mutants like Colossus.
    Pretty sure there are more niche uses he has but this is what I use him mostly for.

As for the stance on Prof X over CGR, bear in mind I neither have CGR so it could change too!
    I understand everything you have to say. He also counters delirium.

But I disagree on the great general questing part. His ramp up makes it a bit longer in a general stand point for me to consider him better than someone like Colossus and Apoc. He'll throw off 1 rotation and take out about 20% of a 150K opponent. I get that he can reach insane levels once you reach 12-13 prowess, but in general that isn't too practical imo, and I'd take an Apoc/Colossus over him if we talk about by himself. If you talk about his synergies, then the story is a bit different as some of those synergies are heimdall level valuable. I think CGR also has a lot of general utility like his energy attack access to also counter Korg and others, but honestly if you like prof x, then to all is to their own
    Fair enough. Each to their own.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I am genuinely surprised at how low people value Red Guardian. His ability to not gain buffs is valuable in many instances, had easy access to slow(Does not need to land sp1 to apply slow), huge burst damage on Sp2. I am not saying he is the best for every place like Ghost or quake, but he seems to be very under rated.
    Regarding the list, Iabom is amazing and he is sitting too low, he is sitting below ihulk and dragon man. Dragon man who is fun for sure but does not come close to the utility of iabom. I have not seen anyone use dragon man to clear anything, he mostly sits on defense. You have longshot above red guardian. Longshot who has 0 utility. Fate seal on sp2 is literally the only thing he does best. I don't know enough about terrax and the ham since I have not used either extensively, so I won't comment on their placements.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

I am genuinely surprised at how low people value Red Guardian. His ability to not gain buffs is valuable in many instances, had easy access to slow(Does not need to land sp1 to apply slow), huge burst damage on Sp2. I am not saying he is the best for every place like Ghost or quake, but he seems to be very under rated.
    Regarding the list, Iabom is amazing and he is sitting too low, he is sitting below ihulk and dragon man. Dragon man who is fun for sure but does not come close to the utility of iabom. I have not seen anyone use dragon man to clear anything, he mostly sits on defense. You have longshot above red guardian. Longshot who has 0 utility. Fate seal on sp2 is literally the only thing he does best. I don't know enough about terrax and the ham since I have not used either extensively, so I won't comment on their placements.

Dragon Man is great for a lot of lanes. I’ve used him a bit in 6.2, and has a lot of utility the mystic class cannot even do themselves. Although I do agree Ibom is better, you’re really missing out on a lot with dragon man
    Can you explain the utility aspect? I have him as a 6 star and I really don't see the point of bringing him along as a mystic when I could bring Doom, Sym supreme and the likes. My real issue with DM is that he cannot do anything to the buffs. He can reduce the potency for which he needs to fire off sp1 for the ineptitude, which reduces his overall damage output since you need sp2 for his huge damage or corner the opponent with aggressive playstyle which may not always be possible especially in act 6. He is a fun champ to play with and can definitely be useful, but has no special something which adds more to the roster. Iabom is one of the very few that can apply poison on demand, Red gaurdian is the only champ that cannot gain buffs, guardian is only the 3rd champ that cannot crit. All these fill holes in the roster.
  • Options
    KripokutaKripokuta Posts: 7
    i love tigra
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

I don't even see him as a top 2 cosmic. I don't think he's game breaking, but the others really aren't on that level besides maybe Prof X
    What level ? Damage. Sure He can take that all day.

The game is so much more than damage, but since we are on it, have you taken the time to see what red goblin is capable of ? Or are we just kinda throwing him out the window?
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

I don't even see him as a top 2 cosmic. I don't think he's game breaking, but the others really aren't on that level besides maybe Prof X

The game is so much more than damage, but since we are on it, have you taken the time to see what red goblin is capable of ? Or are we just kinda throwing him out the window?
    As far as I know, it’s just incinerates armor breaks incinerate immunity, power burn immunity (niche), and a spider verse counter. Lower grade venom, while CGr has all that, but instead of a Spidervwese evade counter, he has higher damage with bleed immunity, the whole damination which is a solid utility in itself. Not sure why that’s comparable
    Incinerate immunity, Miss counter, auto block counter, power burn immunity , power drain(potent one) , incinerates, armor break, long reaching heavies, High Block prof.

Is he top 5 cosmic , with the Odin buff 100%. Don’t sleep on him man. He has more uses than CGR at the moment in the game IMO. CGR in the hands of an act 6 explorer and even 7.1 is not as useful as a Red Goblin.
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

As far as I know, it’s just incinerates armor breaks incinerate immunity, power burn immunity (niche), and a spider verse counter. Lower grade venom, while CGr has all that, but instead of a Spidervwese evade counter, he has higher damage with bleed immunity, the whole damination which is a solid utility in itself. Not sure why that’s comparable
    Incinerate immunity, Miss counter, auto block counter, power burn immunity , power drain(potent one) , incinerates, armor break, long reaching heavies, High Block prof.

Is he top 5 cosmic , with the Odin buff 100%. Don’t sleep on him man. He has more uses than CGR at the moment in the game IMO. CGR in the hands of an act 6 explorer and even 7.1 is not as useful as a Red Goblin.
    Noooo. He definitely ain’t a top 5 cosmic. I’ve seen what he can do, but he’s top 10 at best.

The miss counter requires you to reach a threshold in a health bar, making it impractical with ramp up. That Power drain is alright, but it doesn’t make him a counter to any real power gain nodes or make him a general power control champ. I get he can do more “technically” then CGR, but he isn’t the best at any specific thing at all. While CGR is one of the best cosmics who can do a bit of content INCREDIBLY well. I’ll @Rookiie so he’ll explain more on Cgr as I go to bed
    Good Night monke
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

Dragon Man is great for a lot of lanes. I’ve used him a bit in 6.2, and has a lot of utility the mystic class cannot even do themselves. Although I do agree Ibom is better, you’re really missing out on a lot with dragon man
    Can you explain the utility aspect? I have him as a 6 star and I really don't see the point of bringing him along as a mystic when I could bring Doom, Sym supreme and the likes. My real issue with DM is that he cannot do anything to the buffs. He can reduce the potency for which he needs to fire off sp1 for the ineptitude, which reduces his overall damage output since you need sp2 for his huge damage or corner the opponent with aggressive playstyle which may not always be possible especially in act 6. He is a fun champ to play with and can definitely be useful, but has no special something which adds more to the roster. Iabom is one of the very few that can apply poison on demand, Red gaurdian is the only champ that cannot gain buffs, guardian is only the 3rd champ that cannot crit. All these fill holes in the roster.
    To start
    - Slow to counter most unstoppable effects
    - Practically immortal by spamming special 3’s. Not sure how many champs can do that
    - Can reduce power rate massively when cornered and the opponent has 2+ sp bars
    - Can deal damage non reliant on crit rng
    - Incinerate mass damage for incinerate nodes
    - Some of the most cheesy regen mechanics in the game (don’t even touch your phone for gimme lanes)
    - double immunities which is awesome
    - Furies, making him great for caustic temper and an option for the 6.2 sinister
    - Thorns counter via heavy spam. He’s not the best damage dealing like falcon or Omega, but his immortality practically grants full uptime on immortality
    - reduces regen and power gain with sig by 35% which is 70 against cosmics. This sounds meh at first, but considering how many cosmics have power gain like aarkus and Hyperion, it’s pretty valuable

The problem I have is he does not do it well enough. He is a jack of all trades.
    Slow - he cannot counter evade of the most annoying evade class. Science. He loses his damage for his slow which is not the best trade off.
    Except gimme lanes, where have you used his Sp3 rotation to actually regen from hits? I am genuinely curious because I see this brought up everytime this champion comes up, but I am yet to see a relianle use for this mechanic
    He reduces power gain, does not lock or cannot steal power, and even after Sp2 opponent still gains power.
    For every utility that you mentioned, there are champs that does them better. He is not rhe worst character, but i won't personally rank him above red gaurdian.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

To start
    - Practically immortal by spamming special 3’s. Not sure how many champs can do that
    - Some of the most cheesy regen mechanics in the game (don’t even touch your phone for gimme lanes)
    - Furies, making him great for caustic temper and an option for the 6.2 sinister
    - Thorns counter via heavy spam. He’s not the best damage dealing like falcon or Omega, but his immortality practically grants full uptime on immortality
    - reduces regen and power gain with sig by 35% which is 70 against cosmics. This sounds meh at first, but considering how many cosmics have power gain like aarkus and Hyperion, it’s pretty valuable

The problem I have is he does not do it well enough. He is a jack of all trades.
    Slow - he cannot counter evade of the most annoying evade class. Science. He loses his damage for his slow which is not the best trade off.
    Except gimme lanes, where have you used his Sp3 rotation to actually regen from hits? I am genuinely curious because I see this brought up everytime this champion comes up, but I am yet to see a relianle use for this mechanic
    He reduces power gain, does not lock or cannot steal power, and even after Sp2 opponent still gains power.
    For every utility that you mentioned, there are champs that does them better. He is not rhe worst character, but i won't personally rank him above red gaurdian.
    He still is quite versatile which is why many people like him over Red Guardian who is quite niche.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Noooo. He definitely ain’t a top 5 cosmic. I’ve seen what he can do, but he’s top 10 at best.

The miss counter requires you to reach a threshold in a health bar, making it impractical with ramp up. That Power drain is alright, but it doesn’t make him a counter to any real power gain nodes or make him a general power control champ. I get he can do more “technically” then CGR, but he isn’t the best at any specific thing at all. While CGR is one of the best cosmics who can do a bit of content INCREDIBLY well. I’ll @Rookiie so he’ll explain more on Cgr as I go to bed
    Sigh. I guess it's a good thing my last comment went into the abyss of approvals.
    Look @Texas_11, since I started exploring Act 6, I've used CGR for about 112 out of the 120 paths that I completed.
    Maybe, just maybe, before you make wild and unverified claims about Red Goblin having more uses in Act 6 exploration than CGR, try and prove it first?
    It would help. I'm a fan of Red Goblin, I think he's fantastic and severely underrated. He might surprisingly cover a lot of ground, but he's nowhere near CGR's level.
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

To start

1. Ineptitude increases his cornered damage so yea it does, and if he can’t counter some of the science evade, so be it? I don’t see anyone arguing Sorcerer is a bad slow champ
    2. Bruh. There’s literally a whole video on YouTube where Seatin acts like he started the game yesterday against the 6.2 Champion. CSWS lanes as well, you really will see a lot of use for him there. And really anywhere with high health pools and you just wanna cheese stuff
    3. That power control mechanic is more meant for his immortality rate. If the opponent never reaches the sp3, he’s not gonna die from anything except dot, which is usually pretty easy to avoid. It makes him immortal even in matchups with passive power gain.
    4. I gave you a champ who can do a lot of different things well. Sure, he doesn’t do anything specific the best, but the fact he can do all of those things and very well are what make him Very good.
    5. You’re also forgetting his value in variants. Red Guardian has practically no Variant value whereas Dragon Man has a ton of Variant value. He can solo all bosses in V5, while also being able to handle any enhanced power rate lanes in V2 with his cornered ability. There are niche lanes in which he actually is the premiere option for, so yeah he works

And I have a Red Guardian as well who sits on the bench and is collecting dust. I regret giving the dude sigs as he doesn’t do anything I need for my roster. Sure, the Buff immunity is useful. But in most scenarios it really doesn’t matter, and for a champ with decent damage output if he doesn’t crit, I’m not taking him over dragon man who has guaranteed damage with the potential to detonate a 50K heavy and about a 18K combo with the right setup.
    Monke woke up specially to write this comment.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

Mcdonalds said:

Pulyaman said:

To start

1. Ineptitude increases his cornered damage so yea it does, and if he can’t counter some of the science evade, so be it? I don’t see anyone arguing Sorcerer is a bad slow champ
    2. Bruh. There’s literally a whole video on YouTube where Seatin acts like he started the game yesterday against the 6.2 Champion. CSWS lanes as well, you really will see a lot of use for him there. And really anywhere with high health pools and you just wanna cheese stuff
    3. That power control mechanic is more meant for his immortality rate. If the opponent never reaches the sp3, he’s not gonna die from anything except dot, which is usually pretty easy to avoid. It makes him immortal even in matchups with passive power gain.
    4. I gave you a champ who can do a lot of different things well. Sure, he doesn’t do anything specific the best, but the fact he can do all of those things and very well are what make him Very good.
    5. You’re also forgetting his value in variants. Red Guardian has practically no Variant value whereas Dragon Man has a ton of Variant value. He can solo all bosses in V5, while also being able to handle any enhanced power rate lanes in V2 with his cornered ability. There are niche lanes in which he actually is the premiere option for, so yeah he works

And I have a Red Guardian as well who sits on the bench and is collecting dust. I regret giving the dude sigs as he doesn’t do anything I need for my roster. Sure, the Buff immunity is useful. But in most scenarios it really doesn’t matter, and for a champ with decent damage output if he doesn’t crit, I’m not taking him over dragon man who has guaranteed damage with the potential to detonate a 50K heavy and about a 18K combo with the right setup.
    To each their own. May be because I have better counters for the scenarios that you mentioned, he does not find much use for me. Only thing is when RG came out, even he had videos of champion and adaptiod solos. So he is not without value. Remember this was before the act 6 nerf.
    Edit: The issue also I think was the direction the game turned after 7.1 beta rework. I think RG was supposed to be the counter to Sabretooth and when that was dropped, his value significantly decreased. Still, his blocking unblockable hits comes in handy sometimes. To be honest, I don't use him as often as I use CAIW, Void or HT. To a developed roster, both champs are somewhat useless. I prefer RG because he has something unique which DM does not. But, it is a personal preference and nothing else.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    1. Cosmic Ghost Rider
    (Meta burst damage, varying playstyle gives a lot of different utilities. New Abyss top option.)

2. Apocalypse
    (Meta synergies and pre-fight. A beast on his own)

3. Professor X
    (Meta burst damage, high skill playstyle that counters a lot of interaction. New Abyss top option.)

4. Sorcerer Supreme
    (Currently has the most reliable nullify mechanics in-game, reliable slow, high block proficiency added with regen on-block. Good damage)

5. Immortal Abomination
    (Perma-heal with willpower and tanky af especially against multi-hits special attacks like Apoc's, reliable petrify that allows aggressive playstyle, massive damage from Acid Burn that can melt high healthpools added with a bonus unblockable utility, okay regen counter)

6. Tigra
    (I still don't have her but I have seen all the things that she can do.)

7. Mole Man
    (Reliable True Strike, debuff shrug-off, guaranteed crits, multi-bleeds, hit into block opening, shock immunity. Utility champ with decent damage)

8. Guardian
    (High block proficiency that he shares with the team, high energy resistance, bleed resistance if awakened, massive damage after build up, projectile parry, non-crit mechanic)

9. Dragon Man
    (Immunities, heavy damage dealer when playing aggressive especially against buffed opponents.)

10. Longshot
    (Lacking in utility but massive damage if opponent can be bled/incinerated and especially if buffed up.)

11. Sasquatch
    (Reliable stagger, coldsnap resistance, tank)

12. Storm Pyramid X
    (Non-contact energy hits can be reliable in some niche situation, massive SP damage especially as a horseman)

13. Mojo
    14. Hit Monkey
    15. Red Guardian
    16. Terrax
    17. Black Widow (Deadly Origin)
    18. Squirrel Girl
    19. Red Goblin
    20. Immortal Hulk
    21. Nova
    22. Air Walker

Spider-Ham
    (No idea)
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

As an owner of a 5* CGR, I can say that he is quite game changing, especially if you don’t have an extremely developed roster. He is very fun to play, and quite easy to get a rotation down when you find one. You can’t just shrug off CGR as not gamechanging when it’s quite easy to constantly hit 10-15k mediums, and destroy people with his sp2.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Sigh. I guess it's a good thing my last comment went into the abyss of approvals.
    Look @Texas_11, since I started exploring Act 6, I've used CGR for about 112 out of the 120 paths that I completed.
    Maybe, just maybe, before you make wild and unverified claims about Red Goblin having more uses in Act 6 exploration than CGR, try and prove it first?
    It would help. I'm a fan of Red Goblin, I think he's fantastic and severely underrated. He might surprisingly cover a lot of ground, but he's nowhere near CGR's level.
    Which part of act 6?