**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ranking the 2020 champs

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

CGR is above Apocalypse and Guardian is top 5 for me

CGR is not above apoc , don’t let the numbers fool you. Apoc does more for anyone’s roster than CGR will do.

Texas_11 said:

CGR is not above apoc , don’t let the numbers fool you. Apoc does more for anyone’s roster than CGR will do.
    Exactly. He has utility and insane synergies as well as a solid damage output. CGR has amazing damage but far less utility and many champions already have damage.
    Yeah, I get so confused, like Prof X is almost better than CGR IMO. Also with the protect meta , I’m sure he is not as effective.

If someone was in act 6 and 7 I’m pretty sure Those two champs would put in major work.

Red goblin actually puts in more work than CGR as well.
    Roblin and Prof X over CGR 💀. You're good at trolling. Better than me
    CGR is a fantastic champ; but generally not as game changing as you think.
    As an owner of a 5* CGR, I can say that he is quite game changing, especially if you don’t have an extremely developed roster. He is very fun to play, and quite easy to get a rotation down when you find one. You can’t just shrug off CGR as not gamechanging when it’s quite easy to constantly hit 10-15k mediums, and destroy people with his sp2.
    You will soon see why domino stopped being a meta champ, and why champs like Falcon have skated to the top.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Exactly. He has utility and insane synergies as well as a solid damage output. CGR has amazing damage but far less utility and many champions already have damage.
    Yeah, I get so confused, like Prof X is almost better than CGR IMO. Also with the protect meta , I’m sure he is not as effective.

If someone was in act 6 and 7 I’m pretty sure Those two champs would put in major work.

As an owner of a 5* CGR, I can say that he is quite game changing, especially if you don’t have an extremely developed roster. He is very fun to play, and quite easy to get a rotation down when you find one. You can’t just shrug off CGR as not gamechanging when it’s quite easy to constantly hit 10-15k mediums, and destroy people with his sp2.
    You will soon see why domino stopped being a meta champ, and why champs like Falcon have skated to the top.
    But for now CGR is still a meta champion. Plus he does have SOME utility unlike Domino.
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Because Falcon doesn't have unreliable utility? CGR's entire kit is reliable with synergies and still insanely overpowered without. Roblin on the other hand requires a lot of investment and requires ramp up in a quest to actually counter something well. If anything, Roblin will fall out and a buffed champ might replace him
    No because the game has shifted from valuing damage to more utility based characters.

Yes he does require a lot of investment .The pay off is kinda nice , but not necessary.

No point in debating this, CGR is close to being 100% the best damage dealer in the game. Red goblin is a powerful champ with a crazy amount of utility.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Because Falcon doesn't have unreliable utility? CGR's entire kit is reliable with synergies and still insanely overpowered without. Roblin on the other hand requires a lot of investment and requires ramp up in a quest to actually counter something well. If anything, Roblin will fall out and a buffed champ might replace him
    No because the game has shifted from valuing damage to more utility based characters.

Yes he does require a lot of investment .The pay off is kinda nice , but not necessary.

No point in debating this, CGR is close to being 100% the best damage dealer in the game. Red goblin is a powerful champ with a crazy amount of utility.
    Red Goblin doesn't have a "crazy amount of utility"

To access his best utility to need to do an sp3 to counter autoblock and miss for 20 seconds. By the time you reach and sp3 (ideally you do an sp1 first), the match is already well in and they would've missed or autoblocked countless times.

For his evade counter, it's good but Venom does it better and hits so much harder right off the bat.

Incinerate immunity, cool. Don't know what else to say. Guess you can enjoy using him vs Human Torch or something.

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

incinerates = meh on his own, great with Odin

Needs a super long ramp up to become a decent champion and loses part of his ramp up if a fight is lost

Super average champion, really don't know how you're gassing him up
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

To access his best utility to need to do an sp3 to counter autoblock and miss for 20 seconds. By the time you reach and sp3 (ideally you do an sp1 first), the match is already well in and they would've missed or autoblocked countless times.

For his evade counter, it's good but Venom does it better and hits so much harder right off the bat.

Incinerate immunity, cool. Don't know what else to say. Guess you can enjoy using him vs Human Torch or something.

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

Needs a super long ramp up to become a decent champion and loses part of his ramp up if a fight is lost

I’m not gassing him.

• Options
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

I’m not gassing him.

You must have dementia cuz the past 2 pages of this thread have been you mindlessly arguing with others about why Red Goblin is better than CGR
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

Wouldn't say he is average exactly but yea, not on CGR's level and has many shortcomings.
  • Options
    Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

I’m not gassing him.

Bruh why are you calling him Cgr level then
    Sent to approval.

He is, just don’t think CGR is all hyped up. I like them both, but too much disrespect on red goblins name.
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

I’m not gassing him.

You must have dementia cuz the past 2 pages of this thread have been you mindlessly arguing with others about why Red Goblin is better than CGR
    More useful. Not better, I think overall they are on the same level.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

I’m not gassing him.

Do you have a CGR that you've tested in high level content because CGR is literally 20x the champion Meh Goblin is
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

I’m not gassing him.

Do you have a CGR that you've tested in high level content because CGR is literally 20x the champion Meh Goblin is
    Ehh you 're making Red Goblin to be some trash champion but he isn't. Neither is Red Goblin on the same tier as CGR.
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

I’m not gassing him.

Ehh you 're making Red Goblin to be some trash champion but he isn't. Neither is Red Goblin on the same tier as CGR.
    Red Goblin is trash
  • Options
    Damn you AOA
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Here's a newsflash for you: CGR has more utility than Red Goblin. Did you know that CGR's damage comes from his utility? Or to put it better, CGR's massive utility contributes to his damage cycle and output.

Let's list his UTILITY out:

1) 8 buffs: Armour Up, Vigilance, Power Gain, Aptitude, Cruelty, Unblockable, Precision, Fury

2) 2 damaging debuffs: Incinerate & Damnation

3) 4 non-damaging debuffs: Power Lock, Heal Block, Fate Seal, Armour Break (can stack up to 17)

4) 2 immunities: Bleed & Incinerate

5) 5 additional bits of utility: Cosmic Penance Stare, SP1 reduces Block Proficiency, SP1 removes Perfect Block Chance, each hit of his SP2 removes 1 Armour Up buff & he has one of the highest Block Proficiency values in the game

That's 21 pieces of UTILITY.

So please don't compare CGR to Domino, he's not going anywhere.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

ŁŤÇ said:

also, Roblin, Sasquatch, and Guardian should be higher.

iHulk, Apocalypse, Mole Man, and Longshot should be lower

Red Goblin is the worst cosmic champion released since Heimdall
    Sasquatch is a prime example of all damage and 0 utility
    Guardian I can see the argument, defo top 5 where his sig ability works (any energy matchup)

You need to get an Apocalypse because he's OP
    The worst since Heimdall? did you forget about VTD? The Champion?
    VTD, in my book, is the best champ in game for one part; Incursions. Maybe not questing or alliance-based stuff, but I have gone to room 15 with him plenty of times.
    VTD is a D tier cosmic champion in the game, literally 0 utility, RNG based buffs, and 12 seconds buffs at that. Absolutely awful champion.

Not being funny but I was shredding variants with my 4* VTD when you were asking for a “middle difficulty”.
  • Options
    WooptyfrickendooWooptyfrickendoo Posts: 184
    1. Apoc
    2. Cgr
    3. Sorcerer supreme
    4. Prof X
    5. Guardian
    6. Ibom
    7. Mole man
    8. Dragon man
    9. Longshot
    10. Spider Ham
    11. Tigra
    12. Red Guardian
    13. Hit Monkey
    14. Mojo
    15. Sasquatch
    16. Terrax
    17. Storm pyramid X
    18. I hulk
    19. Roblin
    20. Squirrel Girl
    21. Air walker
    22. Nova
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Here's a newsflash for you: CGR has more utility than Red Goblin. Did you know that CGR's damage comes from his utility? Or to put it better, CGR's massive utility contributes to his damage cycle and output.

1) 8 buffs: Armour Up, Vigilance, Power Gain, Aptitude, Cruelty, Unblockable, Precision, Fury

3) 4 non-damaging debuffs: Power Lock, Heal Block, Fate Seal, Armour Break (can stack up to 17)

5) 5 additional bits of utility: Cosmic Penance Stare, SP1 reduces Block Proficiency, SP1 removes Perfect Block Chance, each hit of his SP2 removes 1 Armour Up buff & he has one of the highest Block Proficiency values in the game

I find it so funny when people mindlessly say that CGR has no or little utility, while in reality he’s got great utility. His damage is so bonkers that people always overlook his utility.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Berjibs said:

ŁŤÇ said:

also, Roblin, Sasquatch, and Guardian should be higher.

iHulk, Apocalypse, Mole Man, and Longshot should be lower

Red Goblin is the worst cosmic champion released since Heimdall
    Sasquatch is a prime example of all damage and 0 utility
    Guardian I can see the argument, defo top 5 where his sig ability works (any energy matchup)

You need to get an Apocalypse because he's OP
    The worst since Heimdall? did you forget about VTD? The Champion?
    VTD, in my book, is the best champ in game for one part; Incursions. Maybe not questing or alliance-based stuff, but I have gone to room 15 with him plenty of times.
    VTD is a D tier cosmic champion in the game, literally 0 utility, RNG based buffs, and 12 seconds buffs at that. Absolutely awful champion.

Not being funny but I was shredding variants with my 4* VTD when you were asking for a “middle difficulty”.
    That was an entire year ago
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

1. Apoc
    2. Cgr
    3. Sorcerer supreme
    4. Prof X
    5. Guardian
    6. Ibom
    7. Mole man
    8. Dragon man
    9. Longshot
    10. Spider Ham
    11. Tigra
    12. Red Guardian
    13. Hit Monkey
    14. Mojo
    15. Sasquatch
    16. Terrax
    17. Storm pyramid X
    18. I hulk
    19. Roblin
    20. Squirrel Girl
    21. Air walker
    22. Nova

I with this except nova should be higher than air walker. He's not great, but he isn't a meme. I'd put him over terrax, too.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★

I'll begin by making my list (Will be mostly unbiased and based on my personal experience playing these champions). Feel free to agree/disagree with my list and/or create your own list and others will discuss that with you.

My list:

1. Apocalypse
    2. CGR
    3. Mole Man
    4. Sorcerer Supreme
    5. Professor X
    6. Tigra
    7. Dragon Man
    8. Guardian
    9. iHulk
    10. iBom
    11. Terrax
    12. Spider-Ham
    13. Longshot
    14. Mojo
    15. Storm X
    16. Red Guardian
    17. Hit-Monkey
    18. Sasquatch
    19. Red Goblin
    20. BWDO
    21. Air-Walker
    22. Squirrel Girl
    23. Nova

Wheres plat pool?
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Menkent said:

1. Apoc
    2. Cgr
    3. Sorcerer supreme
    4. Prof X
    5. Guardian
    6. Ibom
    7. Mole man
    8. Dragon man
    9. Longshot
    10. Spider Ham
    11. Tigra
    12. Red Guardian
    13. Hit Monkey
    14. Mojo
    15. Sasquatch
    16. Terrax
    17. Storm pyramid X
    18. I hulk
    19. Roblin
    20. Squirrel Girl
    21. Air walker
    22. Nova

I with this except nova should be higher than air walker. He's not great, but he isn't a meme. I'd put him over terrax, too.
    You must be playing a different nova because maybe nova is better than air-walker though i don't think so and there is no way that nova is better than terrax right now
  • Options
    Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Why did domino stop being a meta champ? Lack of reliable utility as well as consistent and dependable damage.
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

I’m not gassing him.

I have both.
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Armor breaks = short

Power drains = weak

I’m not gassing him.

Do you have a red goblin ?
  • Options
    Rouger4 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Why did domino stop being a meta champ? Lack of reliable utility as well as consistent and dependable damage.
    Because the keyword “reliable utility” and damage was no longer as important. Assuming you were using the flaming trinity of course.

CGR will be the next CMM. Red goblin is here to stay because there is not many champs like him.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

1.) That’s basically all cosmic champs

2.) I’ll give you that but what cycle is CGR Using the SP1? I’ll give it you you though.

3.) his damnation buff lasting last 6 seconds, it’s not something you plan in the fight it’s something that happens naturally and you still need to get 5 judgments on to trigger it.

4.) great immunities check.

5.) you are basically just giving the abilities of any champ that is incinerated. He has great BP , but guess who also has the same BP as him?