**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The most unfair SQ ever

13»

Comments

• Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Today I have 3 spots that are just solo 5star sig stones lol. Now that is legendary lol.
  • LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    edited April 2021
    🤷🏻‍♂️ i now 10-15 hit everyone on the quest and even then i'll probably stop playing them once I get the objectives done from it. I've had no 6* shard yet but I have got.plenty of t4b t1a and t4cc 😂

Irregardless of RNG or not, the fact that the difficulty (albeit not hugely high) is way too high for anyone that needs 1/4 of a t4b or 3/4 of a t1a. That sh should be reserved for heroic and such.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Asking people to play another game has become a trend here which is quite odd. Not everyone needs to like every aspect of the game. Why must they quit because of that. The same person can like rng on the crystal and don't like rng on the rewards. It's natural.

Its perfectly fine to like some parts of the game and not like others. It is also perfectly fine to advocate for changing things when you don't like them. But people have to understand that advocacy has limits. If you want Cloak and Dagger in the game, you can advocate for that. You might get them, you might not. If you want Galactus as a playable character, you can advocate for that also, but you have to realize the odds of getting that one are very small, no matter what your reasons are for wanting him.

If you want Batman in the game, you need to find another game. Sure, it is not *impossible* but non-stop begging for that will honestly make you into the village loon.

If you prefer the side quests that have fixed rewards, that's cool. If you want to advocate for more side quest variations with fixed rewards that's also cool. However, if you think Kabam needs to "realize" that random rewards are bad, you're asking for Batman. If you think RNG is some necessary evil that should be in as little of the game as possible, you're asking for Batman. The game is going to balance random rewards with fixed rewards and is going to do so on the presumption that the random rewards are not second class citizens, they are the first class citizens.

Anyone who thinks the *principle* of random rewards is fundamentally wrong and thinks there's some chance that one day the game developers will realize that, or that it is worth holding out hope that this will change, is wasting their time.
    So wait.....Batman is coming to the game?

(Only kidding...you don't have to show me to the door....I'll leave....)
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Wow..lucky you.. You atleast got 1k 5* shards.. I just did one round with 3 Gold, 3 T2A frags, 1 T4b frags
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Badrose said:

The point is, RNG or not,T4B and T1A as rewards are insulting. PERIOD!

FYI, T1A is not complete T1A but just frags..with 2nd rare drop rate in Legendary quest.. Shows T1A shortage in game and how it is being made a rare catalyst for players relying on 5 stars..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Bahubali said:

Badrose said:

The point is, RNG or not,T4B and T1A as rewards are insulting. PERIOD!

FYI, T1A is not complete T1A but just frags..with 2nd rare drop rate in Legendary quest.. Shows T1A shortage in game and how it is being made a rare catalyst for players relying on 5 stars..
    And I guess the fact that you can grind 12 in the arena every month and buy a ton of them with glory, and the fact that they've reduced the prices for T1A more than once, means Kabam is just extremely bad at making things rare.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Asking people to play another game has become a trend here which is quite odd. Not everyone needs to like every aspect of the game. Why must they quit because of that. The same person can like rng on the crystal and don't like rng on the rewards. It's natural.

Its perfectly fine to like some parts of the game and not like others. It is also perfectly fine to advocate for changing things when you don't like them. But people have to understand that advocacy has limits. If you want Cloak and Dagger in the game, you can advocate for that. You might get them, you might not. If you want Galactus as a playable character, you can advocate for that also, but you have to realize the odds of getting that one are very small, no matter what your reasons are for wanting him.

If you want Batman in the game, you need to find another game. Sure, it is not *impossible* but non-stop begging for that will honestly make you into the village loon.

If you prefer the side quests that have fixed rewards, that's cool. If you want to advocate for more side quest variations with fixed rewards that's also cool. However, if you think Kabam needs to "realize" that random rewards are bad, you're asking for Batman. If you think RNG is some necessary evil that should be in as little of the game as possible, you're asking for Batman. The game is going to balance random rewards with fixed rewards and is going to do so on the presumption that the random rewards are not second class citizens, they are the first class citizens.

Anyone who thinks the *principle* of random rewards is fundamentally wrong and thinks there's some chance that one day the game developers will realize that, or that it is worth holding out hope that this will change, is wasting their time.
    You are exaggerating what I said. I just don't want a response saying quit every time someone does not like an aspect of the game. I am not even against rng on the rewards, but for most people it won't even out in the end. We need to start accepting that.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★

DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Exactly. Not every monthly event will be RNG. But some will be.

RNG is a fundamental aspect of this game and will never go away. Every so often we will get a RNG event, and when it does you can complain until the cows come home, or get on with it and enjoy the rewards you do get.
    Batman !! Yes please!!. So what if he’s DC ,..bring it. He would own this contest and not even need superpowers to do it. Because well,..he’s The Dark knight and coolest of all superheroes.
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    DNA3000 said:

GrimXYZ said:

This time so far, my chi square test after 1 week is 5.2%. Again it is still early so it needs to be taken with a grain of salt...

A really big grain of salt. Too many expected values are too small, which would tend to invalidate chi-square, or at least make its results have too wide a margin for error to be meaningful. Even the full run will make chi-square a bit hazy for some of the rarest drops like T5B, although for back of the envelope-style guestimates it'll be fine for the higher probability rewards.
    Yes, chi square needs expected frequencies to be big enough to be more accurate.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    Nah the event just sucks a whole
  • Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    I don't dislike it, sure it has it's problem but the efforts they've put into it to make it enjoyable is something you can't ignore, and yes tho my luck sucks I'll at least get a 5* featured out of the game this month so this, now, definitely makes me happy,also who knows how many more 6* shards , t5 cats u are yet to get considering 16 daysleft for the events completion , good luck!
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★

The point of a side quest is to get is playing the game more but the risk/reward is not worth it this month in my opinion. I don not need t4 basic or t4 class shards being Thronebreaker so it isn’t enticing in the slightest. Some people may have struck lucky but the bare minimum rewards for legendary should be 5* shards and sig stones. Barely anyone is pining for a little more t4 basic at this level. Yes you may be right not many people have raised the point about the side quest but maybe thats because they know they will be met with hostility and toxic replies.

The whole risk/reward gamble is moot now since it's bugged and I doubt they will fix it. You can't exit and come back for a second round of good rewards. It's basically do it and you get what you get. So far for more me... sig stones and gold... I'm in the same boat as the OP. I don't need either of those.

The 20% accumulated T5CC is the only saving grace.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Second run I've done with only gold, sig stones and t4cc with just one path of t2a frags.

The most I've gotten from this side quest is 2k 5* shards and 300 6* shards.
    Personally I don't mind rng. I liked the rifts and was really lucky in it. However this side quest rewards doesn't feel rewarding for the difficulty. I grit my teeth every time I have to do it, wondering what random nodes they will mix with random defenders and I've never enjoyed a single run. random rewards are fine, random bosses are fine, one or two random defenders are also fine. But the mixture of random defenders, bosses, rewards and nodes plus the restriction to 3 attackers makes this sq just irritating, If they had left it at 5 attackers, I wouldn't mind since there is a bigger safety net in case you mess up.
    For this quest, you need an evade counter, an armour break champ and ideally, either a power control, AAR or unstoppable counter else you will get wrecked. Unless you're lucky that one person in your roster fulfils at least 2 of these requirements, it's not going to be fun.
    TL;DR I hate it and can't wait for it to be over.