**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• elmj001elmj001 Posts: 20
    Is there anything on this game that functions properly anymore? Crashing and lag are making this unplayable! Play in aq and aw and crashing to lose 1/2 energy every fight is out of hand! Thanx Kabam for absolutely nothing!
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    Game name: Ronnyman889
    IOS: latest version
    Game version: latest version
    Device: Ipad Air
    Wifi

In every part of the game there are crashes. On arena, monthly event, AQ, AW, opening crystals, upgrading champions or just when browsing without changing anything.
    Happens every day and several times. Comes without any signs of failure and after a few fights when it’s quite visual that the game is struggling. Really looks like a memory issue.
    Resuming after restarting the game there stuttering, very quick action or slow.

In the fights, more or less in all the places above there are fights where running to center there are stuttering movements and when fighting starts the defender already being able to hit with a medium punch. My champ isn’t controllable yet.
    In the fight, could happen early or after 20-40 seconds everything freezes, no control at all. when the freeze is over the defender throws a combo punch. Sometimes the attacker are far away from the defender and there is time to react but often not.

Controlling is more frustrating where dexterity are instead charging into an attack. Blocking isn’t holding and are attacker is instead wide open. Forth or fifth hit in a compo isn’t recognized. Light hit is a medium or heavy instead. (The surface in cleaned )

The battery are also drained quicker after the maintenance, Some of the issues has been around for weeks or more but things got worse after the last maintenance.
  • B_A_BaracusB_A_Baracus Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike so when are y’all going to address this issue? I can’t even play this months side quest without it crashing either during the first fight or right after....same happened with the minty fresh arena and I didn’t get to complete that.....this is getting ridiculous
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    I dont know what’s wrong with this game, i have 2 iPhones XR, they both lagging in fights, some frame drops and stutters, unplayable! Few weeks ago, i tested one android phone (xiaomi redmi note 9 pro), price of that device is 180-200$, and i got 60 fps on it, and better and smoother gameplay. Sorry, but snapdragon 720 vs apple a12 winning? Antutu says: iPhone XR 430k points, redmi 9 around 230k points, why gameplay on xiaomi better? Only kabam know))) also crashing yeah. Other games, like PUBG and call of duty runs perfectly in high settings on my iPhone
  • bruhmomento69bruhmomento69 Posts: 157
    Well this issue has been persisting for a week. Every 2-3 fights or so the game would loading screen freeze and crash. Before the week, it wasn't crash this often and was significantly better. I'm just curious to know why its been crashing so much around this time.
  • B34STM0D3B34STM0D3 Posts: 3
    Just got reply that ticket will be closed in 24hrs. Does this mean they’re not going to fix it?!?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    How are you guys starting war season with the lag bugs shutdown bugs and persistent charges bugs all rampant
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    B34STM0D3 said:

Just got reply that ticket will be closed in 24hrs. Does this mean they’re not going to fix it?!?

For last 4 months with lags, i make 3 tickets. All tickets was with 1 question and a lot of things i did before creating ticket (like restart iPhone, changing connection, reinstall ios with iTunes and trying run game on another iPhone XR), and support just copy/paste answers, like “restart your phone, change connection, we working every day, and one funny reply from support was - use the latest iOS or android devices”

• TsmittTsmitt Posts: 41
    All of these issues have become a constant over that last few years. Dropped inputs, crashing and others. Either Kabam does not care or you are truly the biggest cheaters in MCOC. Just 1 person’s opinion. If this post is deleted, then it proves you don’t care about the player and only care about the money.
  • B_A_BaracusB_A_Baracus Posts: 13
    edited April 2021
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious So now the game won’t even make it past the loading screen without crashing, I have yet to join AQ because of this crashing issue, I will probably get kicked from my alliance and I’m missing out on rewards especially from the minty fresh arena I didn’t get to finish. I am also missing out on the contest of realms side event.....can’t even get the keys because I can’t even play....
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious So now the game won’t even make it past the loading screen without crashing, I have yet to join AQ because of this crashing issue, I will probably get kicked from my alliance and I’m missing out on rewards especially from the minty fresh arena I didn’t get to finish. I am also missing out on the contest of realms side event.....can’t even get the keys because I can’t even play....

do u have any way of contacting them? Also if u do get kicked what map do you do?
  • totheendoftotheendof Posts: 50
    Come on, man!
    This crashing has been going on for months. If you can’t fix it, at least stop stealing half of my characters health when it happens at the start of a fight.
  • DantetrashDantetrash Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: Masicka
    Device and model: iphone 6
    Device Operating System: IOS 12.5.2
    Celluar or WiFi: Both
    Game Version installed: last
    Game mode: all game modes

I honestly don't know if this is a phone or game issue, last 2 weeks-until now- the game constantly crashes in all modes, I keep getting kicked out of the game and returned to the home screen of my phone either when I'm in a fight or just moving from one fight to another!! So, i left my alliance and i’m very sick and tired of this fix ur game @Kabam Mike
  • JeefJeef Posts: 2
    IPhone 6
    iOS 12.5.2
    Wi-Fi 5g (properly to iOS system)

I just cant play it be cause it is closing a lot.
    Cant use Doctor Doom s2
    Cant use thing s1
    Cant use Cosmic Ghost Rider s3
    All or them close the game

When I start a fight, it takes a lot o time Abd then crashes and the game close.
  • MarioImpactMarioImpact Posts: 7
    Seems that Kabam has stop supporting older devices ( iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch (6th generation)) that are stuck on IOS 12.5.2 Just wish they would make a statement about it or just acknowledge all these posts from the past couple weeks.
  • Username8923Username8923 Posts: 44
    edited May 2021
    For what it’s worth, a month ago Kabam clarified that you need iOS 10 or higher, so iPhone 6 should work

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052392992-Device-Compatibility

Of course this doesn’t change the awful crashing problem...
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    Game name: Ronnyman889
    IOS: latest version
    Game version: latest version
    Device: Ipad Air
    Wifi

Knocking down a defender and step away should be the logical move to do. But when I’m doing it the defenders are not only on the feet but are also backdrafting and sucker punch in a blink of the eye. How is this possible? Get knocked down and that fast doing a counter strike?

For what it’s worth, a month ago Kabam clarified that you need iOS 10 or higher, so iPhone 6 should work

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052392992-Device-Compatibility

Of course this doesn’t change the awful crashing problem...

Thanks, i missed that post. I just wish they would acknowledge they messed up the ios wifi game when they tried to fix the cell phone network problem
  • ThinaThina Posts: 4
    edited May 2021
    In game name : Bagherana

Iphone 6 plus on IOS 12.5.2

Using cellular and WiFi

Game version installed : latest version

Game mode : all modes, mostly arena

Description of the issue :

My game crash everytime that i wanna make a fight in the arena but also the quests of all modes, it happens when i'm on the loading part, after waiting a few seconds, my game would completely crash and return me back on the homescreen of my phone

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but nothing has changed, still the same issues with the crash

I also tried to turn on and off my phone, the problem still occurs..

I hoped the new version of the game to fix this issue but it didn't, i still have the same problem when loading a fight
  • CovoidCovoid Posts: 34
    I almost bought an iPad air today, because my phone is old (but allegedly still supported.. HA!), but after reading the previous comments I'll save my money until Kabam gets their act together, IF they ever get it together. Seriously, they have oodles of money to fix this game, but instead choose to alienate their core players. I hope someone in upper management reads this, because the devs appear that they couldn't care less based on the deflection and non-response here in the forums. I'm deeply saddened that I finally found a game that appeals to all my pleasure centers when it works, yet lately fails miserably 90% of the time, especially when it counts like in AQ and AW. How is stealing half my champ's life fair due to a crash in AW or AQ game modes? Why can't a "game recovered" feature be used in these modes? I think I read something about players cheating by taking advantage of these crashes somehow, but now that it crashes all the time what the hell difference does it make? Here's a novel idea, how about addressing the crashes themselves? Please stop with the bells and whistles Kabam and get the game working again. If you can't do that make another version of the game that doesn't require a Cray supercomputer to play it. Nuff' said.
  • Venus_215Venus_215 Posts: 1
    In-game name: [ejes] Venus~215
    Device and model: IPad (6th generation)
    Device operating system: iOS 14.4.2
    Cellular or WIFI: WIFI
    Game version installed: 31.0
    Game mode: AQ – AW – Incursions – Story Quests
    Description of the issue: It crashes very often, mostly when I start the fight and during the fight. In both cases the game restarts and my champ, he loses 50% of health while the opponent doesn´t lose any. It seems to happen when a message or the calendar prices come. Playing incursion sometimes the game freezes at the beginning and the end of the fight.
    I hope you find a solution because in AQ and AW it has big consequences in the results. In incursions does not allow to enjoy this game mode because I lose 50% of health and the fight, then I must wait a few days to play again with those champs.
  • TigerphilTigerphil Posts: 18
    In game name: Tigerphil1980
    Device and model: iPhone 11 Pro Max
    iOS: 14.5
    WiFi
    Current game version

Dexterity and parry stopped working during incursion. Left the incursion due to losing all three champs almost at full health. Spent over 100 units reviving but did not matter.

Left and went to aq where I lost 2 champs on mid boss. Used two revives by did not waste any additional units. Logged out of the game and logged back in and masteries seem to be working again. Very frustrating bug.
  • Mag277Mag277 Posts: 5
    I use Oneplus 8
    Fw 11
    Memory 6/126 gb
    Never before I faced lag in game, after updating it the game lags, eventhough mcoc is the only app open
    Covoid said:

yet lately fails miserably 90% of the time, especially when it counts like in AQ and AW. How is stealing half my champ's life fair due to a crash in AW or AQ game modes? Why can't a "game recovered" feature be used in these modes? .

Covoid, there is a work around AQ...it sucks because it's time consuming but it works for me. If you start the game, and go straight to the Alliance Quest (don't open crystals or help, or anything). You can always do 1 fight without crashing. After your first one, leave MCOC and open another game for 5 seconds. I find Clash of Clan works great for me. Then go back to MCOC. As long as it's the Marvel logo (loading from beginning), you will be safe for another fight. So you just have to repeat over and over, When you died in a fight, you don't need to reload, for some reason, it doesn't crash with your 2nd champion. It sucks but it's better than loosing 50% of health.
  • DaveGreroDaveGrero Posts: 1
    I have already submitted 2 tickets on 23rd April and 29th April about this crashing issue. I've done everything as Kabam said. Non of their replies gave me a solution to fix this problem. Even after the new update, the problem still remains. Myself and everyone are expecting for a fix with the new update. Before the fix, I was able to do around 2-3 fights without getting crashed. After the new update, every fight keeps on crashing. When is this rubbish gonna get fixed??? Really frustrated on these rubbish work.
  • Eric_rode10Eric_rode10 Posts: 3
    Iphone 6 latest software,did a run on cav side quest,game bommed out 6times,noooooooooooooooooooo wtf, seriously kabam can you sort this out ASAP
    100m fibre connection,its been like this for 6 months,you gonna sort this?
    I deleted game and re-installed 4 times already,ive been playing 5 years and this is just the pits,get your VM’s and software sorted.
    Eric rode