Cannot Join AQ - Two AQs? EDIT: Can Join, but two AQs are up

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    kabam gone fishing for the weekend with all your $$$$$ .
  • OmniOmni Member Posts: 574 ★★★
    Looks like I'll be staying up past midnight every night this week to make sure we get to the first cable....rather than run 30 min timers for the first day to make up time you decided to shift the entire schedule for a week affecting every day?

what kind of logic is that?
  • SonOfTchallaSonOfTchalla Member Posts: 1
    This is a recipe for failure for a LARGE number of alliances.
    The excuses as far as their "cycle" is nonsense. Regardless of the cutoff to remain in expert tier, the fact remains that we all lost FOUR HOURS; our team has been in several instances of coming down to the wire in completing AQ.
    There was no compensation package when Kabam screwed up the Season 4 rollout and they don't seem to care about offering one now. I don't see how anyone can be so willing to part with their money and spend in this game when the ROI is zero.
  • SlySlySlySly Member Posts: 352 ★★
    I imagine none of them are now going thank God its Friday in the office
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    LilWolfy wrote: »
    don't worry just get your friends to log you to take the strain of as its 1 hour timers . ... oh wait kabam'd.

and we can't have 30 minute timers as there detrimental to the game and the playerbase, because you know having more moves available regularly is such a bad thing.

Exactly. Having more options hurts everyone. It actually forces you to wake up every 30 minutes to move.
  • RvzRvz Member Posts: 179 ★★
    whats wrong with this company? why not just delay it till tomorrow or give 30min timers?
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Member Posts: 49
    Cristalman wrote: »
    You know that AQ will start on saturday next week and the week after on sunday?
    Will it be alright or too disturbating for the team?

And Cristalman for the win. Well played sir. What excuse we got to counter this Miike?

That one shouldn't have the same issues that occurred today, and shouldn't require the attention of the entire team. We truly want to make sure that we have all eyes on this when it goes live today. It's not a comparable situation.

I'm sorry but this post is hilarious. How often do you guys plan for bugs, that you can state with certainty that this won't happen next round of AQ? With the number of bugs that have been occurring this last month or so I'd put money on AQ suffering some sort of bug next round. The credibility of this game has been taking nose dive after nose dive lately.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    don't worry just get your friends to log you to take the strain of as its 1 hour timers . ... oh wait kabam'd.

and we can't have 30 minute timers as there detrimental to the game and the playerbase, because you know having more moves available regularly is such a bad thing.

Exactly. Having more options hurts everyone. It actually forces you to wake up every 30 minutes to move.

soon they'll be saying it's detrimental not to purchase all the $30-$100 offers b/c... you know... otherwise you'd buy junk food and stuff .... better for everyone that you buy all the offers kabam posts.
  • LogeyBear87LogeyBear87 Member Posts: 41
    What a bunch of crooks, take our money then deliver a broken game. Should be done for defrauding customers
  • 420down420down Member Posts: 170
    Omni wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be staying up past midnight every night this week to make sure we get to the first cable....rather than run 30 min timers for the first day to make up time you decided to shift the entire schedule for a week affecting every day?

The kind of logic that is causing their pay player base to shrink every week.
    edited June 2017
    I wonder if @Kabam Miike actually believes the detrimental garbage or if the mods are given the official company response and they have to stick to it despite how absurd it is. For the record, I get that the Mods have a tough job and I appreciate them. But the official take on the 30 minute timers is nonsense.
  • SlySlySlySly Member Posts: 352 ★★
    Remember guys, the customer is always right. Right behind messing with their Saturday.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Member Posts: 357 ★★
    Wow talk about messing up the AQ strategies. Our European members are already asleep with designated paths holding up the team. Not even a full dose of energy. Damn this is some ****
  • Joey0480Joey0480 Member Posts: 117
    You won't hear anything else. Almost 5 pm pst....time to go!
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Omni wrote: »

AQ starts at 3am in my timezone. Why should you always have the benefits?

• FlushFlush Member Posts: 117
    When will yous all learn this game will never be right I mean never they have bugs and issue every single week and they will never respond to most yous unless it suits them but we are always expected to wait and be patient till they fix one thing to break another boycott worked to some extent but once they keep maken cash they don't care never will before 12 update things were never as bad for multimillion company there doin a **** job at running this game kabam had done nutting but made bad reputation in gaming community
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Member Posts: 23
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Miike, your company lives off of their customers. Don't you think it makes sense then to prioritize customers over working during weekend?

Sorry guys, but this is just one point out of many. This isn't about "inconveniencing the team" or not wanting to work on Saturday. A major fix was just made, and has been tested, but to ensure that it is working, we need to start Alliance Quests, and need to ensure that the fix is working as soon as we can. If for some reason this doesn't work, and we have to delay it further, we will, but if we wait until tomorrow and then it doesn't work, this will delay it even further, and then it becomes more of an issue where the entire team is not as available as they are right now.

You guys know that any time a problem arises over the weekend, the team will work all hours of the day to get it fixed. We've worked through nights, weekends, holidays, and are always as responsive as possible, but that's because we can get things fixed and live as soon as we can, and then iterate on that if we have to.

We know that this isn't a perfect situation, and the best case would have been not having this occur at all, but unfortunately, it did, and now we're working on getting this fixed and AQ live as soon as we can.

This comment was deleted, and I wasn't given a reason as to why, so I'll post it again :)

This is a hard backtrack on a blatant admission that staff is prioritized over the player-base. It is now tragically clear that all promises made after the 12.0 debacle were nothing more than lip service. I wanted to give Kabam the benefit of the doubt, but their claims no longer have any substance. They've lost any shred of credibility. MARVEL DESERVES BETTER!
  • MGal9991MGal9991 Member Posts: 8
    Yeno i honestly think u guys sit in ur little office and have meetings about how can we annoy everyone today what can we do to be awkward towards the community since 12.0 it been one thing after another is it too much to ask for a update not to break things when ur fixing em lol it been few months now one thing after another bugs are part of every game but not this much and then u decide throw AQ live hours later and not do anything to help player base from what looks like all week will be starting 12am uk time
  • LiquorSlingerLiquorSlinger Member Posts: 2
    And just like that Kabam employees are out the door and heading home for the weekend giving their player base a huge middle finger on their way out!
  • LilWolfyLilWolfy Member Posts: 42

I know , we'd have to log on every 30 minutes or alliance members would get furious:0 or how about if you can't log every 30 minutes which putz stress on people .... remember these are all good and valid points the mods brought up..

because remember you must use every energy everytime you get one ofc... p.p
  • LogeyBear87LogeyBear87 Member Posts: 41
    Very least they could have done is fill up our energy bar to full for us
  • SilynSilyn Member Posts: 9
    30 min timers and 10 slots for energy if Kabam is really worried about it being wasted while we sleep. Sounds like an easy fix!
  • OmniOmni Member Posts: 574 ★★★
    The timer would suggest that's the case.
  • Timone147Timone147 Member Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Can't we at least address the 30 min timer requests? I understand the need to run it on a Friday but clearly this changes the game for a lot of alliances.

Many are in international alliances with BGs set up to allow for completion and coordination based off time zones and availability. 30 min timers are a simple way to allow everyone a chance at normal completions without shifting around entire alliances.
    The timer on Alliance Quests will be adjusted so the end time of the series compensates for the delayed start time.

Does it mean we will start AQ at this time every day of this session?

Don't see how it could mean anything else. Kabam cares so much about international players they would rather screw them all for the entire AQ than take the chance that some alliances will be irrational about not moving while sleeping with 30 minute timers.
  • 420down420down Member Posts: 170
    The timer on Alliance Quests will be adjusted so the end time of the series compensates for the delayed start time.

That's exactly what it means. I wonder if kabam understands that people actually plan their lives around kabams game. That's no small thing. After years of the same start time(give or take an hour for time change) suddenly it's non chalantly changed as if that is meaningless to the community. Or the community is meaningless to kabam. Take your pick.

• SilynSilyn Member Posts: 9
    Yes there are downstream consequences of starting AQ 4 hours late. 30 min timers would be a simple way to address these consequences, a solution that Kabam readily implemented the past.

I do not believe allowing the player base to suffer for mistakes made by Kabam is not the right call.
    420down wrote: »

That's exactly what it means. I wonder if kabam understands that people actually plan their lives around kabams game. That's no small thing. After years of the same start time(give or take an hour for time change) suddenly it's non chalantly changed as if that is meaningless to the community. Or the community is meaningless to kabam. Take your pick.

I take the latter.