**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How many revives did you use on Grandmaster’s Gauntlet?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’m still debating whether I want to go into it this time around. Just getting a check of how difficult it is by community standards. Please be honest - I know MSD can do it with no revives but I don’t have that kind of talent.

How many revives did you use on Grandmaster’s Gauntlet? 89 votes

0 revives
12%
Eb0ny-O-M4wDRTOMiStaLovaLegionnaireBerjibsPuttPuttThe_Sentry06RiptideScaroladipoCangaceiroboooohooo5 11 votes
1-10 revives
7%
Haji_SaabXxicylovexXnameplasMobile_P0tat0Agent_X_zzzking_ov_scrubssherin_66 7 votes
11-20 revives
12%
RaganatorF4k3_GaM3rLvernon15AssumedNameRockypantherxKaratemike415ZahidEtjamaA3G0NSwarmOfRavensMATTOVERO 11 votes
21-30 revives
14%
VuDahPizzabeatTechonefortyItsDamienNo_oneukDeaconCapdevilasebPhillip14233Zan0BollandPZXCCXZBurrito2525chaos12996 13 votes
31-40 revives
11%
GamerHeadrollerEbony_NawThoye3QuietusDKjdeck59DawsManAGYAATSirGamesBondDraconic_12 10 votes
41-50 revives
14%
FrostycytwbcPsychoakumapseudosaneTheHeroDeservedBuckyBruhLiquidkoldddomMaxwell24TheExit27AmnetiesScrubhanAJ007 13 votes
Over 50 revives
26%
zuffyBENJI830WardenclockSandeepSThe_Blue_Jaguarcx23433Cranky_TrumpAkkarin23GwenpoolManThorkiH3t3rParam1988Gil0610altavistaKen1378Xguard77ChokenorrisRohit_316KablDarkKnight646 24 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    1-10 revives
    5 team revs and some potions
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    0 revives
    I didn't do it so 0 revives so far.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    11-20 revives
    2 team and 6 solo, almost entirely down to me being a pretty meh quake player (went 11-20 because I’m counting team revuves as 3 since I had 3 useful champs on my team)
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    1-10 revives
    3 revives
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Should’ve searched, I made a poll recently about this, but I’ll attach it here for more data. It’s hard to tell overlap (who voted on both polls) so take this also with a grain of salt.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/267683/how-many-revives-did-you-use-for-the-gm-gauntlet#latest

I used somewhere around 50 or maybe less, but I also basically had zero potions, which would have made that much more like 35 if I had actually taken the time to grind out a massive stash of pots.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    0 revives
    Didn’t even do it because I’m still cav :(
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    0 because my skills sucks and wouldn't be able to beat it lol
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    Over 50 revives
    Too many. Korg made me feel so little.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 637 ★★★
    Also, The team you are using could shift things higher or lower. Quakers probably used less than non-quakers on average.
  • Options
    AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    11-20 revives
    Counting team revs as being 3 since I only really had 3 out of 5 of my team being useful most of the time.
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    41-50 revives
    Half of mine was combined with health potions. After that I used 20% revives without health on top of it. I'd say it was an even 50-50 though. I one-shot more than I expected to. Terrax sucked (until I was able to get a groove with Gambit's sp2), took me a while to successfully dodge MODOK's sp1, Spider-ham was a LONG fight (but one-shot), Thing was annoying with his resistance (and I'm normally great against him), Korg kept refusing my baits (but again, Gambit + sp2), Dragon-Man was tricky (cost me a few), the rest of the fights weren't that hard. I one-shot the entire 3rd row... Apoc for Nightcrawler, 20% Nick Fury for Spidergwen, and the others with Archangel (possibly used Mags on Mojo). Apocalypse was annoying (Mags again?... I used him less than I thought I would but alot in the beginning), One-shot Sasquash & Killmonger with AA, used a bunch of revives on Void with 20% Fury, and Nick Fury in his true form was a cheap **** (costing me more revives). I used 1 team revive (only having 2 to begin with) then 1 more solo revive to beat Nameless Thanos.

Total: 47 revives (counting the 2 team revives as one each).

Team: 6* R3 Nick Fury, 6* R2 Gambit, 5* R5 Apocalypse, 5* R5 Archangel & 5* R5 Magneto (Red)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    11-20 revives
    I think I used 17?
    No idea what your team can consist of, but I have my whole run on playback on my channel - as do other people - if you want a reference.

For this challenge, I feel like team building is the first, and most important, step.
  • Options
    Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    edited June 2021
    Too much, I accidentally back out half way through the challenge, trying grab potions.
    Don’t drink and play MCOC 🤪
  • Options
    ChokenorrisChokenorris Posts: 7
    Over 50 revives
    I lost count but definitely over 50 lol. Had about 40 or so L1 revives stashed, bought another 10 L2 revives plus a couple of team revives for Nameless. Didn't have many health potions stashed, so spent most of my units on those. Spent about 2.5K units in total. I would consider myself a very average player.

Team was Mags, Namor, AA, Apoc & Aegon. If I had to do it again, I would not have brought Mags as I ended up only using him for Doom - thought he'd be good for Dragon Man and Apoc but didn't work for me. Worst fights for me were Korg and Apoc, must have spent around 20 revives total on those guys. Very unpleasant. :s
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★
    31-40 revives
    Counting 20% revives as half and team revives as 1 then 32 or sum.