**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer of pain should be accessible to Cavs

KindaGomans3KindaGomans3 Posts: 174
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I just found out that Cav players no longer have access to all summer of pain, would have been something I complimented kabam of but it honestly should be a given here all things considered now I previously made a post elaborating on why Cavs should have access to the gauntlet

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/267526/cav-should-have-access-to-grand-master-gauntlet

Now the general consensus I got from this post was not, why do Cavs not have access to something like this, but why would they need access to this if it's for a rank 4 and they can't get a rank 3, now I'm late and this works in my favor because I'm able to read there arguments in this post

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/270167/why-lock-summoner-showdown-to-thronebreakers/p1

Now the argument used previously no longer works, due to the fact that SELECTOR t5 cats are being offered, what will TB and self harming cav players use in there new arguments I'll tell you, they start by saying that it's not rng based which is a lie within itself but even if it wasn't it doesn't address why it's locked to Cav players and players who wanted to be TB are missing out on a SELECTOR the notion that Cav players are actively going out of there way to not be TB makes no sense you gain so much by being TB and kabam can't pull **** like this on you as a player. The next argument they use and use often is that this will be too difficult and we Cavs will consider it a money grab. This one just makes no sense, it was hyped up as difficult content, as a player I expected that and welcome the challenge for rewards worth while. I just find it very funny how people like demonz who say things like this, (someone who I can say with certainty disagreed with that post ask why its locked to TB after gold, a post by the way has 50 at my last checking) where not saying that gold difficulty shouldn't be available to Cav players when it was already perceived to be, they'll say things like this thinking they have the Cav players in mind but don't, they just rush to kabams defense when things like this happens.

There's no reason for kabam to do this, there just going out of there way (literally wasn't even mentioned, wonder why) to do it and it's killing the Cav player base especially considering this will MASSIVELY (it's 2 selectors) help them more than a TB player, due to the fact that when a deal hit or new content arrives they are now in the top pool getting the best rewards and deals.

Summer of pain should be accessible to Cavs 214 votes

Cavs can rejoin
20%
GarryDKWorld EaterLuciusVorenusDukeZmanSky_kittyRichTheManDarth_Stewiep01arisKindaGomans3AdvKade7175manveertherealTatteredSailplayinggameletJuggerNotAleorSanta_PsycheMr_Holl87WordunkenAnnihilator13_ 44 votes
No for Cavs
79%
CoatHang3rLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelMr_PlatypusHaji_SaabIndrick781Timone147RaganatorxNigHort4SighsohardFrostyzuffyPrimmer79KDoggg2017TristanF4k3_GaM3rDemonzfyreYoman46Foxhero007 170 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• KindaGomans3KindaGomans3 Posts: 174
    Cavs can rejoin
    If y'all disagree so much why where y'all not saying to take it away from Cav player before it was announced?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs
    DNA3000 said:

Can you link me to the data you have that this is killing the cav player-base?

Presumably, things like this deplete the game of Cavalier players, by driving them to become Thronebreaker.
    Logically yes.. but we can't use that here on the forums.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs

DNA3000 said:

Can you link me to the data you have that this is killing the cav player-base?

Presumably, things like this deplete the game of Cavalier players, by driving them to become Thronebreaker.
    Logically yes.. but we can't use that here on the forums.
    Logic? Never heard of it…
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Cavs can rejoin
    It's not about skills, theoretically anyone can spend a ton of money and get all rewards. Obviously Kabam don'r want cavs to have access to a potential 6* r4. (Personally I agree with that).
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I personally don’t see this move as harmful to cav players. This content was designed with thronebreakers in mind but open to cavs as well, so I have no problem with thronebreakers having access to more rewards than myself and other cavs. I know I personally have no need for T6B and T3A yet, and while T5CC is certainly nice to have, I don’t think Cavs really need access to 2 fully formed selectors.

3 25% selectors seems quite nice to me, considering I have over 50% of a tech and 20% of a mutant. I’ve been almost consistently clearing the legendary side quest since it’s release, and have been consistently exploring the monthly cav event quest for the majority of this year so I’m sure people who have been doing better than I have will have much better stashes. The main point I’m trying to make is that I don’t think there’s a need to give all cavs access to 2 fully formed T5CC selectors.

I believe this was one of the best moves Kabam could make in regards to this event. If they flat out excluded cavs there would be an uproar, but if they gave both cavs and thronebreakers access to all of the rewards then there would also be an uproar because there wouldn’t be any difference between the progression levels. By having the best rewards locked behind a progression gate, they are creating incentive for players to push towards thronebreaker so that they can gain access towards these kinds of rewards.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Searmenis said:

It's not about skills, theoretically anyone can spend a ton of money and get all rewards. Obviously Kabam don'r want cavs to have access to a potential 6* r4. (Personally I agree with that).

That, but also in general the highest appropriate rewards for Cavs will always be lower than the highest appropriate rewards for Thronebreakers. And it is not just about individual rewards: Kabam balances rewards around reward *rates* - they look at *how much* stuff is theoretically flowing to different tiers of players. A T5CC might be an appropriate reward for a Cav, or it might not, depending on the overall reward balance for the game for that progress tier for the year.

What's appropriate for Thronebreakers will always be higher than what is appropriate for Cavs. So if all the rewards were accessible to Cavs, they'd be lower than if the rewards were tiered. The question is: should TB players get more or not. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. For a content event like this where the rewards are intended to be juicy, the answer is generally going to be yes.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Edit: ignore my foolish post.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    No for Cavs

As a Cav myself, I’m honestly perfectly fine with being locked out of the special objectives. You do realize by completing everything but the TB exclusive objectives, you get

- Six 25% T5CC selectors
    - 30K 6* shards
    - Two 6* nexus crystals
    - And a class selector 6* nexus crystal

That’s MORE than enough for any Cav player. And essentially tuned and virtually guaranteed to push any Cav player over to TB.

All the other milestone rewards seem to be full t5cc selectors, additional class 6* nexus selectors, and some 6* r4 resources, which is perfectly suited for thronebreakers. Cavs don’t need that stuff and should be perfectly fine with what they were handed to work with.

you don't get all of those, you get the top peak milestone of T6.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    No for Cavs
    No. Cry, Complain and Cry again