**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ronin Changes

1234568»

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

You don't need to agree with @Saiyan but it's pretty childish to write off others and expect apologies.

Who said that I write them off? I just don't want to waste anymore of my time typing the same thing over and over again. If the message doesn't get through then unfortunately I am gonna have to write it again. The only childish thing is your perception/behavior and the patience of your friend
    I don't know that person but it's kinda obvious to see you're being childish cuz you're the only one who's right here and anyone who says other wise is 100% wrong. That's why he said that.

It's sad that people who don't use Ronin to give this kind of feedback. Kabam is listening to you instead of addressing the core issues of his buff and that's very disappointing to say the least

About here is where you wrote players off. You know, the whole "people who don't use Ronin" thing. Where you assume that players who disagree with you don't use him and clearly are wrong.
    I really can't see where I am wrong here. Its unarguable that Ronin's biggest drawback is his utility. He has a very nice kit, but he needs more things in order for him to stay relevant in the contest. He doesn't need anymore damage.
    I see the added cooldown as a nerf to his utility cause right now I don't have any incentive to use him against this type of champs (with right now I mean when his buff goes live).

I am not saying I am the only one here who is right and everyone else is wrong. I'm just saying if you don't use Ronin don't give that kind of feedback, cause Kabam will focus on the positive (the damage is a positive change, but it wasn't needed AT ALL, so I don't care about this change) feedback instead of improving the character.
    I use Ronin on a daily basis and I believe my understanding of this champ is much better in comparison with someone that uses him once every 10 months
    They gave Ronin two pieces or amazing utility that you are over looking as I've been saying.

The ability to get to 100% ability acc now is quite good in many situations which is a fantastic piece of utility however Kabam do trash things like add nodes that go "this champion has 100% increased ability acc" like what's the point to make champs get ability acc when you're just gonna make that useless all over the game? Same with nodes that just ignore agility acc reductions.

The other MAJOR part that I've been screaming about is he now can stay at a full yellow bar all fight due to being EXTRA safe due to that useable and reliable Evade he will now have. Like bro, having a champ with an evade that YOU control is I would say quite useful yeah?
    His aar will be very stressful to keep up and it will slaughter his damage. Amazing is definitely not the word id use.

As for his evade and staying at a full yellow bar, he can already do that. Easily. Without the evade. And he already has an evade. Not to mention the evade kills his rampup. No one is gonna really try to use it if they dont really have to. I and most ronin players i know just get a little pissed off when the evade triggers because your rampup dies. With my 6* r3 before he was duped, if i did get hit on my backdraft, then the hits wouldnt kill me. And then adrenaline. And i was fine the rest of the quest. The only thing that i like the evade for is AW because those pots are so costly.

But the main thing i used Ronin for was hard in AW was thing… And that works less well now.

I definitely dont think this was a nerf. But i dont think it was a very good buff either. There is NO scenario where a buff should remove a utility. I though kabam learned that with Hood. If he still had no cooldown, I would be much less annoyed.
    Understandable. I do expect you all of people to test it and give it a shot. I’m afraid ,because you are constantly reiterating your point of how un happy you are that you will do testing to support your theory.

I’m really looking forward to your subjective opinion and objective one.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

You don't need to agree with @Saiyan but it's pretty childish to write off others and expect apologies.

Who said that I write them off? I just don't want to waste anymore of my time typing the same thing over and over again. If the message doesn't get through then unfortunately I am gonna have to write it again. The only childish thing is your perception/behavior and the patience of your friend
    I don't know that person but it's kinda obvious to see you're being childish cuz you're the only one who's right here and anyone who says other wise is 100% wrong. That's why he said that.

It's sad that people who don't use Ronin to give this kind of feedback. Kabam is listening to you instead of addressing the core issues of his buff and that's very disappointing to say the least

About here is where you wrote players off. You know, the whole "people who don't use Ronin" thing. Where you assume that players who disagree with you don't use him and clearly are wrong.
    I really can't see where I am wrong here. Its unarguable that Ronin's biggest drawback is his utility. He has a very nice kit, but he needs more things in order for him to stay relevant in the contest. He doesn't need anymore damage.
    I see the added cooldown as a nerf to his utility cause right now I don't have any incentive to use him against this type of champs (with right now I mean when his buff goes live).

I am not saying I am the only one here who is right and everyone else is wrong. I'm just saying if you don't use Ronin don't give that kind of feedback, cause Kabam will focus on the positive (the damage is a positive change, but it wasn't needed AT ALL, so I don't care about this change) feedback instead of improving the character.
    I use Ronin on a daily basis and I believe my understanding of this champ is much better in comparison with someone that uses him once every 10 months
    They gave Ronin two pieces or amazing utility that you are over looking as I've been saying.

The ability to get to 100% ability acc now is quite good in many situations which is a fantastic piece of utility however Kabam do trash things like add nodes that go "this champion has 100% increased ability acc" like what's the point to make champs get ability acc when you're just gonna make that useless all over the game? Same with nodes that just ignore agility acc reductions.

The other MAJOR part that I've been screaming about is he now can stay at a full yellow bar all fight due to being EXTRA safe due to that useable and reliable Evade he will now have. Like bro, having a champ with an evade that YOU control is I would say quite useful yeah?
    His aar will be very stressful to keep up and it will slaughter his damage. Amazing is definitely not the word id use.

As for his evade and staying at a full yellow bar, he can already do that. Easily. Without the evade. And he already has an evade. Not to mention the evade kills his rampup. No one is gonna really try to use it if they dont really have to. I and most ronin players i know just get a little pissed off when the evade triggers because your rampup dies. With my 6* r3 before he was duped, if i did get hit on my backdraft, then the hits wouldnt kill me. And then adrenaline. And i was fine the rest of the quest. The only thing that i like the evade for is AW because those pots are so costly.

But the main thing i used Ronin for was hard in AW was thing… And that works less well now.

I definitely dont think this was a nerf. But i dont think it was a very good buff either. There is NO scenario where a buff should remove a utility. I though kabam learned that with Hood. If he still had no cooldown, I would be much less annoyed.
    Understandable. I do expect you all of people to test it and give it a shot. I’m afraid ,because you are constantly reiterating your point of how un happy you are that you will do testing to support your theory.

Thanks, itll probably come about a week after his release when i can test it. I dount the change will be significant in the long run. Which is ok with me.

Texas_11 said:

Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

Thanks, itll probably come about a week after his release when i can test it. I dount the change will be significant in the long run. Which is ok with me.
    Yes, for this particular buff, I’m not necessarily interested in ROL damage, but more so your daily use. I’ll do some testing myself. But; I don’t think it will be to the extent of the testing you know about.

Just wanted to let you know I’m looking forward to your review because you been rocking with ronin for a couple years now.
  • AlienShoesAlienShoes Posts: 40
    edited July 2021

Catmanndo said:

So lackluster, my excitement for waiting on buffs has become completely numb. Nova, DDHK and now Ronin, does Kabam think these changes are enough for players to invest end user resources on? I was optimistically expecting better…

These Buffs are not solely for End Game players. In fact, I think if could be said they're not really aimed at End Game players at all. Giving more players more options for Champions to deal with certain Challenges really benefits players with a smaller roster, though you'll still get a Champion update every now and then that really skyrockets a Champion to the top of everybody's Roster.
    whether targeting end game players or not, this buff doesnt FIX anything, so progressing players, after turning to the forums or youtube or friends who are end game players, will see that none of them have highly ranked Ronin's and none of them use Ronin because there are champions who simply do everything he does but better and hit harder, and they won't rank him up, instead choosing to wait for a champion that is worth dedicating resources to. I LOVE Ronin, he was one of the first 6 stars I got, and I think he's one of the most fun champions to play in the game, but all he really brings to the table is a controlled shrug off mechanic and good damage. "Evade on demand" is hardly relevant. The biggest complain I hear about Domino is "i hate it when she evades when i try to parry" because evade is a defensive tool that does very little for a champion on offense, and since Ronin's evade comes at the cost of some of his damage, its unlikely you will ever use it actively, as the fury is rather small. At the end of the day, this looks like a failed buff as it seems incredibly unlikely that this will change his viability for any content. Would have much rather seen the values of his stance abilities, such as, on hit AAR potency, the number of debuffs he shrugs off, and perfect block chance increased to relevant levels. Was really hoping to see him have 100% chance to perfect block on well timed blocks in his Guard Stance, the duration of his sp1 Disorient increased from 8 seconds to 16 seconds so its viable to cycle special 1's to keep 100% AAR for the majority of the fight, for his sp2 and sp3 to not remove his cruelties forcing him to ramp up over and over again, rather allowing him to ramp up once and then switch stances based on what he needs for the fight at hand instead of arbitrarily swapping stances over and over and over just so he's able to put up reasonable damage numbers. When intercepting, he should gain a 100% chance to crit, therefore being an actually reward for playing him as intended and in a skillful manner, and Demon Stance should also increase bleed potency by a percentage, thus making his stances defensive utility, offensive utility, and damage stances. I think the reduction in bleed duration to increase the benefit from the Deep Wounds mastery is an awesome change, but the rest seem entirely irrelevant. Almost every change I suggest falls in line with the idea of a "Value Only" buff and would have solved many of his issues and made him a champion that progressing and end game players alike would be happy pulling and ranking up.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

As everyone has said before. This buff probably isn't gonna make players who didn't like him before like him and the players who did like him before would still like him.

Then what exactly is the whole point of this "buff" if we can ALL agree that practically nothing changes in his kit....?
  • RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★
    Its a small nerf to bleed immunes. But I believe its a nice little bump in damage through the bleeds. They couldve done better.

Thank you for the feedback everybody. I want to remind you all that when we set out to do more champion updates, we said that there are 3 types: Overhauls, Moderate Updates, and Value Only. This is a good example of a Value Only update. Ronin is a Champ that we were fairly happy with when it came to the contents of his Kit, but thought he could do with some number changes to give him a little more viability.

In the past, we've definitely overdone the Value Only updates, and some were closer to Moderate. Our monthly list of Champions to buff are selected for a number of reasons, but the combined capacity is one of them. If Ronin didn't receive this Buff, another Champion would have received one of this same calibre. This would not have prevented somebody from getting a more extensive buff.

You should continue to expect varying levels of Buffs, some being small, and some being large. We cannot remake every Champion every month, and when there is already a Champion with a Good kit that needs a slight boost to get to where they would be more viable, we will do that.

might be worth taking a look into these things when the OVERWHELMING majority of remarks regarding this "buff" are negative. Nobody likes this, and whoever thinks "on demand evasion" is a selling point is so insanely out of touch with the community and the mechanics said community actually values..."has the potential to never receive a hit" LMAO name 1 champion that doesnt...ill wait
    edited July 2021

H3t3r said:

I honestly think they maybe should just do overhauls and moderate buffs. Just scrap the tune up buffs.

If they scrapped tune ups we wouldn’t have champs like Angela, Moleman and punisher 2099.

Scrapping the tune ups is not the answer. It’s the degree of which the numbers are tuned up/down. I think recently kabam are playing it a little safe personally, I’d like to see them go a little further.
    or more accurately, the numbers they decide to tune...his bleed duration shortened...nice...his disorient duration changed by ~16%...oof...if all they had done as changes to Ronin was remove the "Consumes all Cruelties" line from his sp2 and sp3 he would have instantly become a viable champion. That 1 line is the issue with the champion, his damage is great, his utility is good enough to get the job done, and his ability to shrug off debuffs is incredible. But his specials consuming his cruelties means you build up for this big pay off in the form of a large fury or a ton of bleeds, and then you just lose all that build up and have to build up again to get back the damage you lost...its almost not even worth using any specials...cant spam sp1 cuz recoil, cant spam sp2 or 3 cuz i lose all my damage if i do...just remove the line
    @Masterpuff

Ronin worthy R3? You like him after a buff?
    Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

I dont think there was much improvement. But he is still r3 worthy and i still really love him.

Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

I dont think there was much improvement. But he is still r3 worthy and i still really love him.
    Bwdo , massacre , ronin? Who you like ? Or they all kind of around the same tier.

I do have to say ronin can shrug off Debuffs pretty well, BWDO feels like just straight damage.
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

Bwdo , massacre , ronin? Who you like ? Or they all kind of around the same tier.

I do have to say ronin can shrug off Debuffs pretty well, BWDO feels like just straight damage.
    I would take Ronin up over both.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

@Masterpuff

I would take Ronin up over both.
    Done !need more T4cc I’ll have him R3