**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• Kazooie71Kazooie71 Posts: 10
    Argh… Not funny gettin punched in the face when you want to put up your defense 😣
  • 闪电的狗狗闪电的狗狗 Posts: 20
    me too, parry and dex are not very smooth as before, my device is iphone IOS 14.6
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

This is gonna be an EXTREMELY unpopular opinion…yeah. This is gonna be extremely unpopular, but just my opinion:

IF IF IF the parry window has been tightened, it will hurt the game in the short term, because we are all used to it. But at the same time, I think we’re at a point in the game’s history where a conversation might need to be held about whether parrying into stun might be hindering a chunk of the player base as too much of a catch-all to beat content

I don’t want a game of stun immunity or shrugging off debuffs every single second of the day, but when you see how skilled players are still crushing most/all of the hardest content, I wonder what the answer is to make content that is accessible to everyone yet still challenging

If it were me…maybe I would tighten the Parry window

That only works if they quit messing with things to let the timings for everything be consistent for extended periods (think yearly and 2 Acts of God + his handlers to change anything game mechanics that's not a clear bug) and work on unbreakable performance.
  • I can’t really record it because I only have one device but I don’t think the issue is with the mechanics of the game, I.e. dex and parry but rather with the response time.
    If you watch the characters response time from your inputs it looks like there’s a delay between touching the screen and the character responding, about a quarter of a second.
  • LemuranLemuran Posts: 8

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?
    • Did you see the character block before you took the hit?
    • Do these parry issues occur when you try to re-parry or the first-time parry?

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?
    Ive seen it as more than just parry. Blocks in general. Not registering my finger holding block so my champ just walks at the opponent. Blocking sp1 of Punisher 2099 but the block doesnt happen so it looks like I just took the whole special. A few times Ive went to use dexterity and it registers the touch but not the dash so I block instead of dex. Then(my favorite one) when I did get a parry off with Silver Centurion and went to heavy to apply a slow the heavy just kept charging even though I pulled my finger up so I just got clapped when the stun wore off. Its definitely a general dropped input issue and I have an iphone 12 pro so it isnt like a hardware issue.
  • SYN2409SYN2409 Posts: 2

Does anybody have any specific instances or examples of this? Videos would also be appreciated!

https://dropmefiles.com/zPJxY
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    iPhone 8, same problems here, just came on to see if it has been talked about, a few alliance members noticed it too, Im also having trouble dexing, it keeps parrying instead, I have to dex much earlier for it to work, and just keep taking hits to the face when I’m blocking, just had to bow out of incursions, it’s the worst I’ve seen the game play in 5 years, it seems laggy as well, keeps dropping frames, the missed blocks maybe something to do with lag when buffs and debuffs are coming up on screen, I seem
    To notice lag when that happens
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Also I’m seeing that when I do dooms l1 into l2, the defenders are firing a special at me before I can get the l2 off, this has never been an issue before now, some
    Timing is way off
  • Marvx8Marvx8 Posts: 7
    This problem ruined my progress in quest. I updated game when I was in the middle of 6.2.1 exploration and after that I continue but due to this problem my whole crew dead. Then I quit quest reinstall game try again but result was same. End of the story -> energies, potions, progress and time gone waste...
  • RicoscoRicosco Posts: 142 ★★
    edited July 2021

Dex feels delayed after the update, often if I try to dex the opponents medium when they dash in, instead of dexing I will just block instead. Then once I have blocked, everything still feels delayed so I am unable to dex away from the following attacks and it is hard to get a re-parry.

Running on IOS.

Most of the last update I've had parrys sticking on the second hit of the combo, far too many times for comfort and has cost me dearly on many occasions, my question to kashscam is, why is a forced mastery so inconsistent? Why am I now forced to have a mastery that once had disabled as I was amazing at dexing and evading and enjoyed having dexterity unlocked whilst having other points on far more efficient and effective masteries, why have you burdened us with a mastery that hasn't worked 100% for at least 2 years? Know why? 🤑 greed, players who can dex well don't need to rely on parry to play well, now players who try to dex parry instead and players who parry get beat upon, it's nothing more than kashscams way of ripping the players off even further! I despise the company with a passion unfortunately I do love Mcoc and truly wish marvel would see sense and remove these reprobates from power and allow a company who values their entire customer base and not just the 'whales' who spend big on their deals, it's went from a fun global multiplayer game to a competition decided on who's got the biggest wallet, true talent will never shine in this game so long as the rich are left to top the charts!
  • Hellskorpion87Hellskorpion87 Posts: 6
    The Problem is the frame rate of the game. After Update the game runs faster with over 100 fps @Kabam Miike
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Nocko said:

Hey everybody,

- Both late and early parry
    - missed parry, took combo
    - Yes, did look like the character was blocking
    - Not on re-parry, just first up parry

Just quit my incursions run because it was unplayable, no chance of hitting the milestones i want with this issue going on.
    Hopefully it's fixed before content drop tomorrow
    I had no problem completing 10 rooms of sector 8 an hour or so ago.
    Are you trying to get banned?
    Why? I'm just commenting my experience.
    No you aren't. You are purposefully antagonizing people and belittling their experience. I am not experiencing what they are either and I have posted a video showing that parry seems to be working just fine for me. That doesn't mean it's not working or something isn't working for others. There are some legit concerns with this as you can see in the few videos that were posted.
    No I'm not. I could say the sky is blue and someone would disagree and get upset. I can't control people's reactions.
    You sure about that?

This is a relevant piece of info for players and Miike. An answer would be helpful.

Dr. Zola
    100% agree with you but I don't think you'll get a relevant answer from him.

I'm running an LG V60, latest game update and android 11. I posted a video earlier and I don't seem to have the issues others are experiencing.
    Agreed. It appears to be a mostly/exclusively iOS issue. Which should give Android players something to cheer about.

Dr. Zola
    Not so, be careful with those statements, because it can confuse the technical team and leave out android. I am on a huawei p30, android 10 and I have the same problem since the update many people also commented that they have the problem on android. Friends of alliance also same problem and both android and IOS. I don't want to be left out of a solution to the problem for statements like this.
    Good point, and I wouldn’t want to muddle the issue.

Thank you for pointing that out—initial reports here and from a few other chats I follow indicated the issue was mainly and iOS one.

But your experience indicates it’s broader than just iOS—I appreciate your clarification.

For all users, I hope they get it fixed before the content drops today. I have no interest trying to learn a new timing for all of the game’s basic movements in the middle of SoP.

At a minimum, some form of concession should be in the works, especially if AW/AQ continue under these circumstances.

Dr. Zola
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    All I do in this short clip, is try to parry. Nothing else. And really concentrated. On latest ipad Pro. In arena, should be spot on. These are just a few, but some fights, it’s five or more in a row. Playing since launch, all end game content done.

https://youtu.be/c1tXd5pIhJ8

Unplayable, really.

• MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned as there are way too many posts to see if it has already but, funny thing is, in the “Parry Tutorial”, it largely works the same as before. Much different from current actual live gameplay. Whatever settings you (Kabam) have for that, why not just copy back over to live game? Unless intentional? Maybe a bug but I’m pretty confident that one of our main ways of defending wouldn’t be compromised by applying to it a general “ID” or “class” name in the code. Maybe just target the parameter that changed parry in the first place? May not need to be a build-altering change. Just a thought. Could be wrong though.

Regards
  • pyloves2eatpyloves2eat Posts: 9

Hey everybody,

1) Late-ish most of the time, but I think I had 1 or 2 early ones.
    2) Block didn't work, got hit in the face into oblivion.
    3) Nope
    4) First time, didn't try re-parry.

OH man, wish I had check the forum before burning a dozen of revives cos I was too lazy to start all over.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Definitely an issue going on
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Yep parry timing off since ,..at least in arenas . Haven’t tried out any other platforms yet.