**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• LuisBvvLuisBvv Posts: 139 ★★
    Go fight dormammu on the XL path in varient 7 chapter 3.1 it gives a perfect example of missing parries on the medium hit. Got smoked a bunch with human torch
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★

Does anybody have any specific instances or examples of this? Videos would also be appreciated!

..Why not take a few runs of arena with your own account and see???
  • Heat4VidaHeat4Vida Posts: 2
    iPad Pro
    IOS 14.6

Timing is off, getting hits to the face; definitely initial parrying earlier seems to help. Can see where this may also feel like a dropped input at times. Very evident in fight styles that benefit heavily from constant parrying mechanic (magneto, mr negative, etc.). Can easily test in RoL WS fight.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    You can't parry racing moves, but if posting a video is going to look like the player's lack of skill, then the kabam has to test it...
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    not just a parry issue. When i parry and then do a heavy attack sometimes the champion will dash back instead of do the heavy attack. It's making fights extremelly frustrating. Kabam needs to fix these things ASAP. This is beyond ridiculous. I'm on S20 but can try S9 plus later today
  • KrisGJJKrisGJJ Posts: 69
    I’m having the issues as well. At first I thought I was just playing terribly but it’s definitely a parry issue.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    You basically can’t reliably parry dashes anymore. If at all. In combination with all the other lag or input related stuff, like champs throwing spontaneous heavies or the AI punishing you mid combo, qualifying this build as ‘unplayable’ wouldn’t be much of a stretch. I can just about plough through arena (albeit with a lot less health) by treating fights as stun immune, but the next milestone will be the last I reach. It isn’t fun. And I don’t feel in control over the game at all anymore.
  • Reptar317Reptar317 Posts: 2
    For me if they dash in it is working fine but if not it’s not working
  • IzuIzu Posts: 1
    One thing for sure, it's not just iOS devices. I have a OnePlus 8Pro and I'm experiencing the same parry bug. Kinda ruined my run with summer event yesterday.
  • Kw4zyKw4zy Posts: 27
    edited July 2021
    Having issues as well. Seems to work okay in daily quests but not ACT 7
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
    Well, I guess I’m glad to see it’s not just me having problems. But I hope this gets fixed soon. Not really wanting to use up my items in AQ cause of a bug.
  • arowsell94arowsell94 Posts: 12
    Further to my earlier comment, parrying when the opponent dashes in with a medium is also way off. I’m being hit most times the opponent dashes in.

This is definitely an issue and I am losing fights I really shouldn’t be 😅.
  • Darth133Darth133 Posts: 7

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?
    • Did you see the character block before you took the hit?
    • Do these parry issues occur when you try to re-parry or the first-time parry?
    I am on an iphone XR. Answering to your questions:
    1. it can happen on an early or late but most frequently it happens after a full 5 hit combo. I finish the combo, I am near to the opponent, he attacks and I block but it fails
    2. the block does not register at all so I take the full combo
    3. no, it’s like there is a big delay or that the input is not registered by the game
    4. both

This is making the game impossible to play.
  • Rockys3Rockys3 Posts: 5

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?
    • Did you see the character block before you took the hit?
    • Do these parry issues occur when you try to re-parry or the first-time parry?
    1. Late parry
    2. Got hit
    3. No
    4. First time parry
    Device - iphone 11
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I Find that Parry is very inconsistent, I'm happy that its not only happening to me. @Kabam Miike asked what area in the game its occurring i test every area except Alliance war and AQ and its occurring in every area in the game so i think its safe to assume it will also be a problem in AQ and AW , with the new Story Quest and Summer of Pain today i really hope we get an hotfix for this issue. its kind of hard to pin point because its so inconsistent, I'm sure the Game team have the game on their phones just an hour or so of play time they should be able to identify the issue.
  • Rockys3Rockys3 Posts: 5

No problems here. Bad players just looking for an excuse.

Maybe you are bad enough that you got used to get hit in the face always. And in that case you definitely wont be facing any problem
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Anyway if you’ve had some kind of personality transplant today, defo prefer the new you. 😂
  • Master_Dan_1000Master_Dan_1000 Posts: 56
    Same issue for me. iPhone 12 latest IOS.
    Sometimes ok, sometimes just get hit, definitely something wrong. Others in my alliance reporting same issue, all on IOS
  • SYN2409SYN2409 Posts: 2
    So this is what they were talking about when they meant that from the 4th week the test of the summer of pain will be more difficult))
  • Sparty6Sparty6 Posts: 70
    I have often heard players complain of this but never experienced it until this update. For me, it happens during medium dash in or slightly longer dash in. The window of timing seems to be slightly delayed from where it was previously. This results in being hit. Block does not occur. IOS iPhone 11.
  • U1traman_ZeusU1traman_Zeus Posts: 53
    I thought maybe I did something wrong or not block/parry at the right time that I always got hit when fight started (usually I will hold block/parry at start of almost all fights). Then I realised even I tried to block when the defender charging in, it won’t work at all. However, parry did ok afterward if I survived the first few hits.

Nothing like this before this update. Mine is an iOS (latest version).
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    Expect a fix with the next update so we have a month to acclimate to the “new” timing. Then once/if they revert back to what it was, we again acclimate. Expect those incoming potion offers will be useful!