**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So kabam expect everyone to do objectives daily for 3 months without missing 1 day?

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Op clearly missed his reward because the notification didn’t come up. So it’s a bug. Needs addressing but I’m sure they have a lot on their plates with these parry bugs so I’m not seriously expecting much right now
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

Wow I was just asking for a simple reasonable QOL change in a 98 days long event. So that everyone can enjoy the game.

Which has always been the case with any event. Grace period for month long event and some break days for AQ/AW.

I see all the usual suspect have joined this thread, who always defend kabam no matter what they does, even the most absurd requirement like in this event.

I absolutely don't understand their arguments. This is 98 days long event and it should have some days of buffer in case people have to travel, get sick or get busy for a day.

I failed to understand people who are going against this demand.

Really? You were not asking for a QOL change, you were commenting on how horrible this event was and how people can miss out on a objectives because of real life issues. I did not see a suggestion at all.
    It has already been explained how many events did not have grace periods, so it has not always been the case. A long event does not mean it should have had grace days, would have been nice though. But, we play with what has been given.
    I am all for Kabam changing the decision and giving some grace days, but I am not going to call the event horrible if they don't. Personally, I was just irritated that you called it horrible, when in fact it required everyone to just login, autofight 10 times anywhere in the game and claim the objective.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I've always somewhat cringed when people reference QOL in relation to this game. I mean, I'm a fanatic as much as the next, but it ain't quality of life.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

@Hoitado @Crusaderjr AQ and AW fights don’t count towards this. I’ve been vacationing with family I haven’t seen in years the past few days which included moving things, going on a flight, etc without any breaks or time for the game in between. When we arrived at our hotel we still had to get other reservations complete and such. By the time I had finished I just did AQ and went to bed. None of those AQ fights counted and so I don’t get rewards. Similar types of things occurred today and I did move in AQ. If all I have time for is AW and AQ but they don’t count and there are no grace days... that’s just stupid. I will be able to do the rest of these but what’s the point? I missed one of the best rewards because of the idea there shouldn’t be any grace days. Either do that or at least let AQ and AW count.

I never said AQ and AW counted.
    GOTG said:

Pulyaman said:

_Sham_ said:

Wow I was just asking for a simple reasonable QOL change in a 98 days long event. So that everyone can enjoy the game.

Which has always been the case with any event. Grace period for month long event and some break days for AQ/AW.

I see all the usual suspect have joined this thread, who always defend kabam no matter what they does, even the most absurd requirement like in this event.

I absolutely don't understand their arguments. This is 98 days long event and it should have some days of buffer in case people have to travel, get sick or get busy for a day.

I failed to understand people who are going against this demand.

Really? You were not asking for a QOL change, you were commenting on how horrible this event was and how people can miss out on a objectives because of real life issues. I did not see a suggestion at all.
    It has already been explained how many events did not have grace periods, so it has not always been the case. A long event does not mean it should have had grace days, would have been nice though. But, we play with what has been given.
    I am all for Kabam changing the decision and giving some grace days, but I am not going to call the event horrible if they don't. Personally, I was just irritated that you called it horrible, when in fact it required everyone to just login, autofight 10 times anywhere in the game and claim the objective.
    You don't know what will happen to you next 3 months, do you?

No I don't. But, I can't live my life on " what happens" can I? If I miss some objective even due to a busy work day, which has happened a lot, I usually roll with the punches and not get mad.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★

No I don't. But, I can't live my life on " what happens" can I? If I miss some objective even due to a busy work day, which has happened a lot, I usually roll with the punches and not get mad.

Or ya know, the bugged notification that didn’t/ doesn’t pop up, that made him miss the reward that he’d already completed the tasks for… all you trolls are arguing that he should have time for ten fights.he did have time, he did the fights, the notification didn’t pop up to tell him to claim the reward, makes it kinda easy to miss. Therefore a bug, therefore fair enough needs looking at
    Speeds80 said:

Or ya know, the bugged notification that didn’t/ doesn’t pop up, that made him miss the reward that he’d already completed the tasks for… all you trolls are arguing that he should have time for ten fights.he did have time, he did the fights, the notification didn’t pop up to tell him to claim the reward, makes it kinda easy to miss. Therefore a bug, therefore fair enough needs looking at

That is not even what we are talking about. The thread was about the absence of grace days in the event. If it's a bug, it needs to be looked into. Raise a support case. Why call people trolls for having a different opinion? smh.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

The notification is broken, I suspect a massive amount of mid level players aren’t going to realise they have to manually find and claim the reward even after they have done the objective, 98 days in a row. it’s clearly bugged and for that reason should definitely be looked at, a couple of grace days at the end would be a good solution as well as fixing the notification bug as it’s still not working, if I’d missed I would probably be tryin to email support to ask for compensation.

Yeah tried that, won't help. Because apparently "Doing so would circumvent the intended mechanics of this event"..
    Yeah...
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    I shalt lose out on 7 days due to a cottage trip that doesn't fit Kabam's agenda. Quirky.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    So my university expected me to go to class and pass test for 5 years for a degree?... Those crazy bastards
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    Speeds80 said:

The notification is broken, I suspect a massive amount of mid level players aren’t going to realise they have to manually find and claim the reward even after they have done the objective, 98 days in a row. it’s clearly bugged and for that reason should definitely be looked at, a couple of grace days at the end would be a good solution as well as fixing the notification bug as it’s still not working, if I’d missed I would probably be tryin to email support to ask for compensation.

Yup. I was surprised that there wasn’t a number badge notification, or that the rewards don’t stack. You really need to claim the reward as soon as you’ve finished the 10th fight, just to be safe.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Frosty said:

Every other year kabam have gave a grace period as they know people go on vacation and may not be able to log in everyday. Now this year those people are penalized for spending quality time with their family.

You spend more time going to the washroom in the run of a day. Just saying.
    Try that while camping in the nature. Not everyone has cellular.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

I've always somewhat cringed when people reference QOL in relation to this game. I mean, I'm a fanatic as much as the next, but it ain't quality of life.

I’d say adding a break to the 98 day grind would improve a lot of people’s quality of life.

Not very fun to see this event less appealing then last years. Gotta hand it to Kabam tho. They replaced the appreciation event without calling it that. So no one can’t get mad that an appreciation event is P2W and also can’t complain about them not doing anything.

Eh it’s just a game trying to suck every dollar out of you. Please spends to keep the game running for us :)

• DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Frosty said:

Every other year kabam have gave a grace period as they know people go on vacation and may not be able to log in everyday. Now this year those people are penalized for spending quality time with their family.

Agree. While you sit on the thunderbox slapping mosquitoes landing on your exposed body and worrying if that chipmunk 10 feet away might all the sudden become a weiner-avore, things can go from 0-100 pretty quick. And of course even if you do have cellular if you're on an interior trip, you're not even gonna have a bar.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    And the notification bug adds another layer of complexity.
    Now every time I log in, the first thing I'm gonna check that if I have claimed the pointless sunglasses or not...That too for the next 3 months.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Having a price tag on grace days is just terrible, and also it’s so easy to just forget to claim it, it doesn’t even show a 1 by the objectives tab when it’s done
  • Champ_ZChamp_Z Posts: 155
    I mean, you can just buy grace days thats an option
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    With all content done and aq/aw not running I do enjoy taking breaks from the game. I’ll purposefully plan family time knowing this. On these days it’s hard to get in for 10 fights. Definitely should allow for a different system.

Maybe some people live in the game, including myself. But even I know to take a break, while still logging in for calendars. It’s not even about how long 10 fights takes, it’s about having to do them 90+ days straight. I’m sure my wedding anniversary coming up will be hard day to get even a login done.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Frosty said:

My point is enjoy your vacation if that's what you have planned. That doesn't mean people should have Rewards for missing things. Not by default anyway. That's not really a personal statement for me. I'm as staunch with things like Account Sharing because Players are not available. If you're not there, you can't play. If you can't play, you can't get what you would have if you were. I feel the same way about myself. If I miss it, I lose out. That's how it goes.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Awesome response!! @Kabam Miike
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Hey Summoners,

We’ve heard from many of you that the Summ(on)er Camp and Resort events are a little more stressful than an average event because missing a single day could lead to missing out on valuable rewards.

To remedy this situation and give everybody a little more leeway, we’re going to try and create some “grace days” for everybody. Starting this Wednesday, July 14 @ 10 am PDT, we’ll be adding a Summ(on)er Event Booster in the Store for the price of 1x Gold, with a purchase limit of one.

Purchasing this bundle will instantly grant 7 days’ worth of Milestone progress for both the Summ(on)er Camp and Summ(on)er Resort Solo Events. This should effectively give all Summoners a 7-Day Grace Period, and cover any days or objectives that may have already been missed.

Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, and we hope that this will help alleviate the stress related to this event.

Sounds great.
  • Nomercy9Nomercy9 Posts: 48
    BlorpIt said:

5-10 minutes is all it takes lol

If you can’t spare 5-10 minutes then you shouldn’t be wasting your time complaining about the game here

People have jobs and responsibilities you know. Some people play the game just for fun. Maybe every one can do 10-15 fights a day but that cannot be their priorities. What do you think people will get 3 months without a busy day? Somedays even if we manage to do objectives and forget to claim the point, we'll miss the rewards. Whoever designed the event, his prime motive was to get people to buy that pass.
    Some people just have so much time on their hands. Get a life.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★

Hey Summoners,

We’ve heard from many of you that the Summ(on)er Camp and Resort events are a little more stressful than an average event because missing a single day could lead to missing out on valuable rewards.

To remedy this situation and give everybody a little more leeway, we’re going to try and create some “grace days” for everybody. Starting this Wednesday, July 14 @ 10 am PDT, we’ll be adding a Summ(on)er Event Booster in the Store for the price of 1x Gold, with a purchase limit of one.

Purchasing this bundle will instantly grant 7 days’ worth of Milestone progress for both the Summ(on)er Camp and Summ(on)er Resort Solo Events. This should effectively give all Summoners a 7-Day Grace Period, and cover any days or objectives that may have already been missed.

Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, and we hope that this will help alleviate the stress related to this event.

Now that’s a solution!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Hey Summoners,

Great solution, thanks Miike !
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    They need to include AQ and AW fights if nothing else. Some days I just play AQ and don't have time or forget to do other content. But AQ takes a lot more than 10 minutes a day and it's certainly more than 10 fights. I don't know why they think it's fair to exclude it
  • Pirate_JennyPirate_Jenny Posts: 44
    Mike ftw!