**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bravo !! For those who forgot to claim objectives in Summoner Camp. Good News for you all!!

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Faith restored . Great announcement by @Kabam Miike . Thx Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Great indeed.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    No need to be down. It's a good news for the community. Shows kabam listens to feedback and not always cash grabby and greedy as people portray them.
  • Options
    VedisukeVedisuke Posts: 166 ★★
    link?
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    What are the odds of us getting the gold boost this year?
  • Options
    Vedisuke said:

link?

https://youtu.be/gjN3JZSrFJw

@RichTheMan just posted a video too.
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Why would fixing a mistake that should have never been made in the first place restore your faith ? Seriously Kabam needs to use common sense or at least do some surveys before releasing new content . So many of the mistakes they make are so blatantly obvious that they should have never happened in the first place
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

JessieS said:

Rohit_316 said:

Why would fixing a mistake that should have never been made in the first place restore your faith ? Seriously Kabam needs to use common sense or at least do some surveys before releasing new content . So many of the mistakes they make are so blatantly obvious that they should have never happened in the first place
    Oh look. Another negative post from one of the most negative forum users. Kabam didn't have to do anything and yet they did.
    Yes they do . It’s a business dude . If they don’t provide quality they lose users which means they lose money . This is a business. I honestly don’t understand people who have developed this weird attitude where they treat kabam as if they are their friends and not simply a corporation that provides services . Has capitalism brainwashed you so much you don’t understand how reality works
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

JessieS said:

ItsDamien said:

JessieS said:

Rohit_316 said:

Oh look. Another negative post from one of the most negative forum users. Kabam didn't have to do anything and yet they did.
    Yes they do . It’s a business dude . If they don’t provide quality they lose users which means they lose money . This is a business. I honestly don’t understand people who have developed this weird attitude where they treat kabam as if they are their friends and not simply a corporation that provides services . Has capitalism brainwashed you so much you don’t understand how reality works
    Capitalism is the real world that we live in, so I'm fairly sure I understand how reality works.

They are a business. And infact they are losing money by adding the 1 gold booster since that was meant to be a $5 booster. They weren't gaining anything from people who didn't buy the passes in the first place, or people who don't buy anything for cash.

They are a corporation. They exist to make money. They don't make money from freeloaders.

If they were concerned with losing money, they'd have left the booster for money only with NO option for people to get one for free. They didn't have to add a free one, and yet they did.

You need a reality check.
    This is a very simplistic view. Keeping customers happy has value. There's a balance for any company to be successful between supplying a a good product and one that keeps the money flowing. They may actually make more money by giving grace days, as now more people will hit the final milestone and unlock full value of the pass.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    JessieS said:

ItsDamien said:

JessieS said:

Rohit_316 said:

Your not negative
  • Options
    KrazyKrisKrazyKris Posts: 2
    If the $15 or $20 package was purchased, what's the benefit now that the event has been extended to help f2p players? Wasnt the package supposed to give players a few days grace and now we get it anyways?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

ItsDamien said:

JessieS said:

ItsDamien said:

JessieS said:

Rohit_316 said:

Capitalism is the real world that we live in, so I'm fairly sure I understand how reality works.

They are a business. And infact they are losing money by adding the 1 gold booster since that was meant to be a $5 booster. They weren't gaining anything from people who didn't buy the passes in the first place, or people who don't buy anything for cash.

They are a corporation. They exist to make money. They don't make money from freeloaders.

If they were concerned with losing money, they'd have left the booster for money only with NO option for people to get one for free. They didn't have to add a free one, and yet they did.

You need a reality check.
    This is a very simplistic view. Keeping customers happy has value. There's a balance for any company to be successful between supplying a a good product and one that keeps the money flowing. They may actually make more money by giving grace days, as now more people will hit the final milestone and unlock full value of the pass.
    This is equally as simplistic as a large portion of the people upset the grace days were tied behind spending were f2p. Those people aren't actually customers, they're patrons. While I'm not saying there's no value at all to having that f2p base bc there is otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to exist. They don't however represent any actual direct financial value to the game. Active player metrics aren't actually valuable to an established game outside of them being able to use to determine the health of the game by devs.

At the end of the day this was a good move from them. It most certainly was required of them but it is good to see it done.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,682 Guardian
    KrazyKris said:

If the $15 or $20 package was purchased, what's the benefit now that the event has been extended to help f2p players? Wasnt the package supposed to give players a few days grace and now we get it anyways?

It was supposed to give players seven milestone points immediately.

A player might buy those points because they want their rewards seven days sooner. They might buy those points because they want the shards. At 100 shards per milestone point that's about $72 USD per 6* or about 2214 units per 6* shard in equivalent value, which is not an unreasonable amount to pay. Or they might buy those points because they were worried about missing a day, and losing out on the top reward in the event(s) which included 500 units.

The Plus package basically includes one of the milestone boosters that Kabam is also going to be selling weekly. If *the only* purpose of the milestone boosters was to grant grace period, why would Kabam sell so many? Who could possibly need that many grace days?
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Why isn't there a "1" on the objective icon to remind players to claim the sunglasses?
  • Options
    Drake2078 said:

Why isn't there a "1" on the objective icon to remind players to claim the sunglasses?

That's their plan.
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Though Kabam is a business, they are selling a software. In software bugs can occur frequently and there maybe issues with the released versions or design flaws. The design flaw here was the notification of the sunglasses not coming properly at times and people having to claim it manually and only then it resetting.
    A small design aspect or flaw that was missed out, not as big as a Bug or a mistake. They accepted it and fixed it cos almost all the content creators did not like that aspect as they also might have missed out on few days glasses.
    @ItsDamien we may live in a Capitalist world but Kabam is not having the best community following in the recent days. If they can sort out small issues like these when stuff like parry is broken they restore the faith the community looses and they keep their customers this way. I think this should have been rectified the way it was. You are the one being overly negative or maybe you are just having no hope at all. Get some help my friend
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    JessieS said:

Rohit_316 said:

This was also not needed. They fixed it end of story. Good part of them. Also not possible to do endless surveys and stuff before they launch content nor do they have that much amount of time.

• Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Bit of a burn really... For me at least.

I ended up throwing £20 at it because I forgot to claim the glasses 1 day 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

KrazyKris said:

It was supposed to give players seven milestone points immediately.

A player might buy those points because they want their rewards seven days sooner. They might buy those points because they want the shards. At 100 shards per milestone point that's about $72 USD per 6* or about 2214 units per 6* shard in equivalent value, which is not an unreasonable amount to pay. Or they might buy those points because they were worried about missing a day, and losing out on the top reward in the event(s) which included 500 units.

The Plus package basically includes one of the milestone boosters that Kabam is also going to be selling weekly. If *the only* purpose of the milestone boosters was to grant grace period, why would Kabam sell so many? Who could possibly need that many grace days?
    While it's true that some people may have purchased the 20$ instead of the 15$ for the combined shards+grace days period, I did it only for the +7 days. Else I'd have bought the 15$ one (which is still worth it to me).

I know myself and there is about 100% chance of me forgetting to claim the sunglasses daily in the 90 something days of the event (playing daily). It was not about having 'that many grace days', but having more than zero grace days. It bought me peace of mind in summer with the holidays etc, and to me that's worth the extra 5$. The shards alone isn't.

With this change I will have 14 days and yeah, that is totally too many and completely unnecessary, so I've effectively burned 5$. Which isn't a lot but it doesn't feel great either. I would imagine I'm not the only one that feels the 20$ booster now has very little return when compared with the 15$.

Glad that they are giving 7 days it to everybody though. Maybe next time they will get it right from the beginning.