**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summ(on)er Event

Comments

• Options
    ruthlessrellikruthlessrellik Posts: 24
    This event looks good. The only bad part is that you have to claim the glasses every day. Please take this part out. Doing 10 fights in order to get the point is a good addition, but it should give the point automatically instead of having to claim the point. There are gonna be players who forget to claim it for one day and then they loose out on some of the rewards they otherwise deserve.
  • Options
    TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96
    Just gonna add to the discussion around having to claim the stupid sunglasses. The ten fights is the requirement, shouldn't have to tap on the sunglasses. If the ten fights have been done then the summoner should get the reward. On the surface this seems potentiality intentional on Kabam's part. Hope it isn't. Make it auto-claim and compensate those who have missed out unnecesarily. It shouldn't be this difficult ffs.
  • Options
    SteveMSteveM Posts: 188
    I like having an "event" with tasks over a calendar, but the double claim mechanic is silly.
  • Options
    sike038sike038 Posts: 4
    A lot of people have said this same thing before me, but it should still track your points even if you forget to claim the rewards. It makes no sense how a stupid mistake like that could cost you 500 units
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    Are we getting a gold boost this summer?
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★

Are we getting a gold boost this summer?

I think there might be once the Summoner Appreciation starts.

• Options
    TensioTensio Posts: 173

Hey Summoners,

We’ve heard from many of you that the Summ(on)er Camp and Resort events are a little more stressful than an average event because missing a single day could lead to missing out on valuable rewards.

To remedy this situation and give everybody a little more leeway, we’re going to try and create some “grace days” for everybody. Starting this Wednesday, July 14 @ 10 am PDT, we’ll be adding a Summ(on)er Event Booster in the Store for the price of 1x Gold, with a purchase limit of one.

Purchasing this bundle will instantly grant 7 days’ worth of Milestone progress for both the Summ(on)er Camp and Summ(on)er Resort Solo Events. This should effectively give all Summoners a 7-Day Grace Period, and cover any days or objectives that may have already been missed.

Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, and we hope that this will help alleviate the stress related to this event.

And what happened with the summoners that have purchased the resort pass plus? Any compensation?
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    4 dollars 99 plus tax going out as a refund, I’m sure.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Tensio said:

Hey Summoners,

We’ve heard from many of you that the Summ(on)er Camp and Resort events are a little more stressful than an average event because missing a single day could lead to missing out on valuable rewards.

To remedy this situation and give everybody a little more leeway, we’re going to try and create some “grace days” for everybody. Starting this Wednesday, July 14 @ 10 am PDT, we’ll be adding a Summ(on)er Event Booster in the Store for the price of 1x Gold, with a purchase limit of one.

Purchasing this bundle will instantly grant 7 days’ worth of Milestone progress for both the Summ(on)er Camp and Summ(on)er Resort Solo Events. This should effectively give all Summoners a 7-Day Grace Period, and cover any days or objectives that may have already been missed.

Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, and we hope that this will help alleviate the stress related to this event.

And what happened with the summoners that have purchased the resort pass plus? Any compensation?
    7 more grace days and 7 more lots of the finishing shards. I’d say that’s pretty fair
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    Unforgvn said:

7 more grace days and 7 more lots of the finishing shards. I’d say that’s pretty fair

I only spent the extra $5 for the grace period, 700 shards is NOT worth that to ME. While this was definitely a massive issue, their fix is to partially screw over people that actually spent real $$$ instead. SMH
    LOL if you're really complaining about $5 then you really shouldn't be spending money on this game. You'll get extra 6* shards. It's 100 shards everyday that your done the milestones, meaning you'll get an extra 700 6* Shards equalling an extra 1400.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian
    Deder80 said:

Pulyaman said:

Deder80 said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @kabamBoo
    Hey the canteen store says we need to be clear act 5.2 and spend 27 tokens to buy the last 5* awakening gem but it’s impossible to get that many tokens being we have to spend our tokens to unlock rewards on the way to end. We get a total of 28 tokens and we have to spend 4 tokens just to get to the second row. Please get this fixed or explain how are we supposed to get enough tokens to buy the item on the last row. The numbers do not add up one bit.

If you are FTP, you can only get 14 tokens and you can only buy one of the first 14 items in the canteen. If you buy the summoner resort pass, you can get additional 14 tokens from the summoner resort and get the next 14 items.
    Essentially, the first 14 items are for open to everyone provided you have the required title, the other 14 are only for people who pay to get the summoner pass.
    Pulyaman said:

Deder80 said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @kabamBoo
    Hey the canteen store says we need to be clear act 5.2 and spend 27 tokens to buy the last 5* awakening gem but it’s impossible to get that many tokens being we have to spend our tokens to unlock rewards on the way to end. We get a total of 28 tokens and we have to spend 4 tokens just to get to the second row. Please get this fixed or explain how are we supposed to get enough tokens to buy the item on the last row. The numbers do not add up one bit.

If you are FTP, you can only get 14 tokens and you can only buy one of the first 14 items in the canteen. If you buy the summoner resort pass, you can get additional 14 tokens from the summoner resort and get the next 14 items.
    Essentially, the first 14 items are for open to everyone provided you have the required title, the other 14 are only for people who pay to get the summoner pass.
    How do you get 14 tokens without buying the pass. I don’t any tokens on my FTP account. On my main account I bought the pass. But even then am I the only one seeing this. There’s no way we can even buy thing in the last row. We can’t use the tokens on whatever we. The tokens have to match up with reward. So you tokens are limited. This whole thing make absolutely no sense
    Unless you bought the Plus Pass pack, you couldn't have earned any tokens yet. The first milestone that contains a token is milestone seven, which I believe is the next milestone for most players (who did not buy a booster).

Within the Camp event (free) and the Resort event (paid) there are fidget-spinner looking tokens you can earn at different milestones. Those tokens are what you spend in the store. Buying either of the Resort passes does not grant you all of the tokens immediately. The passes only *unlock* the Resort event and allow you to collect the milestone rewards in that event.

Since people still seem to be confused about the mechanics of the event, I'll summarize again:

First: Every Day complete the Summer Event objective by basically doing ten fights. AND COLLECT IT. You must complete the objective and collect it before you will get the next one. You get one of these every day. Do this every day for the 98 days of the event.

Second: collecting the objective will collect a point scored towards the Milestones in the Camp event and the Resort event if you have purchased one of the Resort Pass packages. Collect these whenever you want: it doesn't have the same MUST COLLECT DAILY issue that the Summer Event objectives have. Each milestone in the event contains rewards. *Some* of those rewards are tokens you can spend in the Canteen store.

Third: When you get tokens, you can spend them in the Summer Canteen store. There are 14 tokens in the Camp (free) event and 14 additional tokens in the Resort (paid) event. Free players can thus get 14 items in the store, paid players can get (all) 28.

IF you are high enough progress, the simple way to use the store is: buy one of everything. Free players will be able to buy the first fourteen items, paid players will be able to buy all twenty eight.

IF an item is progress locked and you can't buy it, then to keep moving forward in the store you need to buy another one of an earlier item with the same token type. You could also do this if you actually *want* more of one item and don't want another item.

The mental model I've been using to explain the event goes like this:

Part One: Show up every day, play the game, collect your daily reward. This is like a calendar, except you have to play the game instead of just log in, and you have to deliberately collect the reward instead of it being handed to you automatically.

Part Two: Collect stamps from the daily rewards. When you get a stamp, stamp the appropriate spot in your Summer Canteen reward card. I know it looks like a store, but its a rewards card, trust me. Every time you stamp a reward, you collect that reward. You must stamp in order, you cannot skip ahead. If an item is locked and you are not allowed to stamp it, the game will let you stamp an earlier item twice in order to move forward on your rewards card, so lower progress players don't get stuck with stamps they can't use.

That's basically it.
  • Options
    Sabinijo_1Sabinijo_1 Posts: 17
    edited July 2021

Hey Summoners,

People like me who bought the pass plus need to be compensated more since most of us bought it just for the 7 days grace period. We wouldn't have spent the money if we knew you were just going to hand it out to everyone which essentially means you devalued our purchase of this Pass Plus.
  • Options
    KrazyKrisKrazyKris Posts: 2
    If the $15 or $20 package was purchased, what's the benefit now that the event has been extended to help f2p players? Wasnt the package supposed to give players a few days grace and now we get it anyways?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,774 ★★★★★
    You guys get more 6* shards. That's the compensation. Most will now get 700 shards. You'll get more.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

You guys get more 6* shards. That's the compensation. Most will now get 700 shards. You'll get more.

That's not compensation since everyone now get the 700 shards if they don't miss a day plus they get the grace period if they need it.

This is zero compensation and feels like we now have a devalued pass which we wouldn't even have bought if it weren't for the grace days. 700 shards that everyone now gets. mean nothing for 5$ so don't act like that's some sort of compensation.

Spending money on this appreciation is beginning to feel like bait & switch for the people who bought the pass plus.
    Not everyone. You still need the Pass or the Pass Plus purchase. FTP players don't get the extra shards since they won't get the checklist as that's only in the paid milestones.

It means that everyone with a pass will get 700 minimum and the people who bought the pass plus will get 1400. Anyone else who buys the weekly $5 boosters which will be going on sale after this 1 gold version, will get an additional 700 per week they buy it, to a maximum of 4900 shards if bought every week.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    ItsDamien said:

Buttehrs said:

That's not compensation since everyone now get the 700 shards if they don't miss a day plus they get the grace period if they need it.

This is zero compensation and feels like we now have a devalued pass which we wouldn't even have bought if it weren't for the grace days. 700 shards that everyone now gets. mean nothing for 5$ so don't act like that's some sort of compensation.

Spending money on this appreciation is beginning to feel like bait & switch for the people who bought the pass plus.
    Not everyone. You still need the Pass or the Pass Plus purchase. FTP players don't get the extra shards since they won't get the checklist as that's only in the paid milestones.

It means that everyone with a pass will get 700 minimum and the people who bought the pass plus will get 1400. Anyone else who buys the weekly $5 boosters which will be going on sale after this 1 gold version, will get an additional 700 per week they buy it, to a maximum of 4900 shards if bought every week.
    You're completely missing the point here obviously. Like I said, almost no one would have bought it if we knew that everyone would be given the grace days and shards for free.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    So whether those players who bought Pass/Pass+ can gain something additional from spending that 1xgold on 14/7? Or they can ignore this new offer if they have already claimed sunglasses everyday?
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Buttehrs said:

You're completely missing the point here obviously. Like I said, almost no one would have bought it if we knew that everyone would be given the grace days and shards for free.
    I bought it and don't care that others are going to get 7 days also. I'm now finishing my milestones 2 weeks early, and gaining 1400 instead of 700 extra shards. And again not everyone gets the shards. Free to play players will not be able to get them because only the paid milestones has the final item that gives the special objectives.
    The fact that you are okay with your paid pass being devalued doesn't mean everyone else is and it surely doesn't mean that we shouldn't be compensated for it.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

So whether those players who bought Pass/Pass+ can gain something additional from spending that 1xgold on 14/7? Or they can ignore this new offer if they have already claimed sunglasses everyday?

If you bought the Pass, you can buy the 1 gold booster and gain 7 more milestone completions immediately and finish the milestones a week early, when the milestones end you will get a new daily objective that rewards 100 shards, so 700 total.

The same with the Pass Plus, but you'll finish the milestones 2 weeks early and gain 14 days of new daily objectives of 100 shards, for a total of 1400.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Reference said:

If you bought the Pass, you can buy the 1 gold booster and gain 7 more milestone completions immediately and finish the milestones a week early, when the milestones end you will get a new daily objective that rewards 100 shards, so 700 total.

The same with the Pass Plus, but you'll finish the milestones 2 weeks early and gain 14 days of new daily objectives of 100 shards, for a total of 1400.
    Thanks. So this new offer is also relevant to Pass/Pass+ buyers as they can gain extra shards from spending 1xgold. No reason not to spent.