Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• Ace7688Ace7688 Member Posts: 4
    DL864 said:

Ace7688 said:

Does a new darkhawk kill bring an extra point?

Yes
    Thanks
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Venom is really kicking my ass . What’s the best champ to use on him and how can we avoid the damage when we knock him down ?

Don't knock him down, is the best way to avoid the damage when you knock him down. 🙂
    As for fighting him, Try using an XL champ. They have great spacing against him. XL champs have a much deeper evade then smaller champs. For example, if you attack him with a M champ, and try to bait a special by evading his basic attacks, he will follow through with multiple lighting fast light attacks after his dash. Because with smaller champs, even a deep evade will likely leave you in reach of his light attack (one of the fastest, longest reaching lights in the game). This leads to either getting clipped, or pushed back. You'll find yourself in the corner before long.

When you attack him with an XL champ (I used Venom himself for the Symbiote objective), when you are baiting his specials you can evade his dash attack deeply enough that you are out of range of his light attack. It will actually change his behavior. He will back off and give you space because he knows if he were to whiff you'll have frame advantage. You'll find it much easier to keep him on his side of the stage and even become more loose with his specials.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Venom is really kicking my ass . What’s the best champ to use on him and how can we avoid the damage when we knock him down ?

Take a look at Howard videos (not kidding). Probably the most straightforward approach.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    DrZola said:

JessieS said:

Take a look at Howard videos (not kidding). Probably the most straightforward approach.

Dr. Zola
    Howard requires you to be good at Duck mashing. If you parry Venom and then do a heavy you'll stack armor breaks as you mash. If you do this well you can stack enough armor breaks that the set up and spike node will damage Venom instead of you. I think you need at least six debuffs for the damage to go to Venom instead of being reflected back at you. Which means you need to be able to consistently mash every heavy you use. If you can do that, the Duck is a good option. But if you aren't good at doing mash bonuses with Howard, this option probably doesn't work as well.

You also have to be on your Parry game, and at the moment that is iffy for a good chunk of the players.
  • ReferenceReference Member Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Watch this one. Good enough for you to one shot Venom
    https://youtu.be/hX0Oa_voeyE
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Anyone looking for easy solo? Just use morningstar

• TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Since you are reversing the point for doing the Week 4 boss, which I understand, can you also reverse the units or potions I spent beating him again please?

Why should they?
    Because they had every opportunity to warn people an extra point would be revoked and didn’t? I dunno. I didn’t look at the timeline. I “earned” the extra point because I saved my mutant/villain kill once they announced the extension. I didn’t expect to keep the bonus but it’s yet another example of Kabam failing to get in front of a problem, just like the Bishop/map6 issue.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

ItsDamien said:

Since you are reversing the point for doing the Week 4 boss, which I understand, can you also reverse the units or potions I spent beating him again please?

Why should they?
    Because they had every opportunity to warn people an extra point would be revoked and didn’t? I dunno. I didn’t look at the timeline. I “earned” the extra point because I saved my mutant/villain kill once they announced the extension. I didn’t expect to keep the bonus but it’s yet another example of Kabam failing to get in front of a problem, just like the Bishop/map6 issue.
    So you got the Villain/Mutant kill points now? So you spent items to get that? Then you'll keep those points.

The only point they are removing is the SINGLE point for beating Darkhawk IF you already beat him in the previous weeek. Not for the objectives, and not for a very first time defeat.

If you spent items to get the Villain/Mutant objectives done, then your items weren't wasted and you're not losing anything that you should have got.
    Completed the objectives with a Venom and Sparky take down yesterday. With that out of the way.. time for some fun. This killed him from 55% and it was completely overkill too.

edited July 2021
    Longshot who?
  • UlfricFrostUlfricFrost Member Posts: 53
    So we are going to give players an extra week to fight DarkHawk but not an extra week to do the other fights? Why not just leave all the content up and add the new weeks challenging champion each week? That way players have extra time to complete all the fights.

I honestly missed the Mysterio week. I thought I had it completed but that week I was so busy becoming ThroneBreaker and with real life stuff that I missed it. To be fair to all players it would be nice to have a shot and completing week 3 again. I’m sure there are some players that have missed a week as well.

When the content was first released I had my eyes set on just getting to milestone 7 so I could finally have a R3 6* champion. Then the update stating that Cav players could only reach milestone 6. Well I had accepted the fact I wasn’t going to get past milestone 6. Then RNG was on my side with some T5CC crystals and I now I have my eyes set on milestone 8 which will mean 2 more R3 6* champions not to mention a 6* class nexus selector.

Take a moment and think about the players that are Cavalier and become Throne Breaker mid way through the event. The way it’s set up they are SOL (**** outta luck) to get the juicy rewards but could potentially earn some account changing rewards if it wasn’t time gated.

• PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

So we are going to give players an extra week to fight DarkHawk but not an extra week to do the other fights? Why not just leave all the content up and add the new weeks challenging champion each week? That way players have extra time to complete all the fights.

I honestly missed the Mysterio week. I thought I had it completed but that week I was so busy becoming ThroneBreaker and with real life stuff that I missed it. To be fair to all players it would be nice to have a shot and completing week 3 again. I’m sure there are some players that have missed a week as well.

When the content was first released I had my eyes set on just getting to milestone 7 so I could finally have a R3 6* champion. Then the update stating that Cav players could only reach milestone 6. Well I had accepted the fact I wasn’t going to get past milestone 6. Then RNG was on my side with some T5CC crystals and I now I have my eyes set on milestone 8 which will mean 2 more R3 6* champions not to mention a 6* class nexus selector.

Take a moment and think about the players that are Cavalier and become Throne Breaker mid way through the event. The way it’s set up they are SOL (**** outta luck) to get the juicy rewards but could potentially earn some account changing rewards if it wasn’t time gated.

Well, We have had a bug which has affected a large part of the player base when Darkhawk week came on, that is the reason Week 4 is being extended. There was not supposed to be an additional week. One of the challenges here is the time limit. If you don't have an ideal champ, you have 1 week to acquire, rank up and use said champ to defeat the Boss. If you have a good roster, you already will have the champ and only the fight will be the issue.

How exactly is it fair for people who ranked up, used items and completed the challenge within the week because that is what was said when the event started. This event was supposed to be for players who have completed everything. People who become TB midway through the event are not the target of the event at all. If you are cav, milestone 6 gives you the rewards to become TB, which is a very good reward in my opinion.
  • CMLowesRealmCMLowesRealm Member Posts: 18

Im here but rewards have not progressed is this because I have reached maximum rewards for my skill
  • Lucky_StarLucky_Star Member Posts: 10
    So far so good, but...

Keeping in mind that it is high-level content (or supposed to be so, cause week 4 and 5 pretty doable with multiple options (if we are not talking about objectives)), there is one question bothering me.

Will the 6* Nexus be 3-position or more-position? Cause next fights I am sure will be pain in the mess, and, honestly, very interesting will it be juicy choice, or, like always, "meh"-choice?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    Got venom down, had to use quake and 5 revives. still cheap. I'm impatient so I tried a few options and then went meh.

Except, the darkhark path is still open, I beat this last week.

Did I get stooged? Do I have to do it again?
  • Bdot13Bdot13 Member Posts: 77
    ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

ItsDamien said:

Why should they?
    So you got the Villain/Mutant kill points now? So you spent items to get that? Then you'll keep those points.

The only point they are removing is the SINGLE point for beating Darkhawk IF you already beat him in the previous weeek. Not for the objectives, and not for a very first time defeat.

If you spent items to get the Villain/Mutant objectives done, then your items weren't wasted and you're not losing anything that you should have got.
    @ItsDamien have they confirmed this anywhere? I forced myself into becoming thronebreaker this week because the objectives were fairly doable. I plan on beating darkhawk AGAIN with magneto. Am i safe for the 2 extra points(from objectives) there to earn? Any confirmation possible? @Kabam Miike
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    Bdot13 said:

ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

ItsDamien said:

Why should they?

@ItsDamien have they confirmed this anywhere? I forced myself into becoming thronebreaker this week because the objectives were fairly doable. I plan on beating darkhawk AGAIN with magneto. Am i safe for the 2 extra points(from objectives) there to earn? Any confirmation possible? @Kabam Miike
    The idea is you get one point for defeating a Summer of Pain boss, and one point per objective completed. Anyone getting more than one point for any of those things will have the extra point removed, but the first point earned for doing any of those things while the fight is still available is safe to earn and won't be taken back.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Geting close to my goal

• BassanioBassanio Member Posts: 162
    Week 4 of the Summer of Pain was extended for 1 week. However, the Solo Objectives were disappeared.

WHY??? BUG?
    Bassanio said:

Week 4 of the Summer of Pain was extended for 1 week. However, the Solo Objectives were disappeared.

WHY??? BUG?

Did you already complete the solo objectives last week?
  • SundavarSundavar Member Posts: 1
    Kinda wild and super unfortunate that the only thing keeping Summoners like myself from extra Summer of Pain rewards is T5CC crystal luck.

I've defeated SoP fights per the Thronebreaker objectives - as I'm sure many Cav players have - and those earned rewards won't be seen due to T5CC rng. If we can defeat the GM and accomplish the Thronebreaker objectives for SoP, I really don't understand why we can't earn the bonus points for the event.

After a variant 6 100% push this weekend for the T5CC crystal, I'm feeling very defeated after pulling the wrong class.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Member Posts: 268 ★★
    Man I never feel like reading these long comments, sorry lol.
  • Lucky_StarLucky_Star Member Posts: 10
    DNA3000 said:

You're supposed to have a bunch of R3s, but they had to draw the line somewhere and the devs decided to cut the players a break and ensure that luck *did not* block a TB-caliber player from becoming TB. And it does not. It does allow some Cavalier players to sneak under the rope with really good luck, but it prevents bad luck from holding back any deserving player.

Man, u just put on the table uno-card, that also damage your position as well. TB players do not need luck to become TB, but Cavs with good luck became TB which influence their progression drastically, also as their skill.

As a former Cav player I can say for sure - luck DO MATTER. Cause I had (and basically still have) awful roster of 6* garbage, and for me luck did incredibly funny - formed almost three catalysts WITHOUT fully forming a single one completely. Only Nexus shards from Cav difficulty saved me from being pushed away from the content I CAN and I DO right now. Luck is not a point?

heh. sure.

DNA3000 said:

You're supposed to have a bunch of R3s, but they had to draw the line somewhere and the devs decided to cut the players a break and ensure that luck *did not* block a TB-caliber player from becoming TB. And it does not. It does allow some Cavalier players to sneak under the rope with really good luck, but it prevents bad luck from holding back any deserving player.

Man, u just put on the table uno-card, that also damage your position as well. TB players do not need luck to become TB, but Cavs with good luck became TB which influence their progression drastically, also as their skill.

As a former Cav player I can say for sure - luck DO MATTER. Cause I had (and basically still have) awful roster of 6* garbage, and for me luck did incredibly funny - formed almost three catalysts WITHOUT fully forming a single one completely. Only Nexus shards from Cav difficulty saved me from being pushed away from the content I CAN and I DO right now. Luck is not a point?

heh. sure.

If you've done all available content, you could form plenty of T5CC, both selected and randomly. If you weren't TB but had T5CC and "bad champs" then it isn't luck that's holding you back.