**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why Molegod is better than Shang Chi

Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
Alright so today I will be explaining a pretty controversial take I have when it comes to champion usefulness and this take is that Molegod is better than Shang-Chi. I am gonna do my best to explain exactly why I believe by going in depth into what each champion can do so buckle up kids.

Category 1: Damage

So if we look at this on the surface value Molegod takes this category very easily. He has a much higher damage output than Shang Chi and this can be seen in Kingslayer damage comparisons where a 5/65 Molegod took down LOL Rulk in around 3 and a half minutes which around half the 7 minutes that Shang Chi took (I am taking these numbers from the Hit Monkey/Moleman comparison and the Shang Chi/Nick fury comparison if you want to fact check me) and doing the math, even if you remove scuicide masteries Moleman should still have a higher DPS

When it comes to the practicality of this damage I would say it is pretty equal between the two. Both of them rely heavily on garunteed crits and while Molegod can be gimped by bleed immune champions, Shang Chi can be gimped by damage caps and not having access to special attacks so I will say their damage is equally practical. Because Molegod has much higher DPS and they are equally practical I will give the damage category to Molegod pretty easily

Category 2: Sustainability

Despite neither of these champions having regeneration mechanics, they are both very sustainable. Shang Chi can do fights without taking a single blocked hit and Molegod has very high physical resistance and a large health pool. This makes it so both champions take somewhat minimal chip damage.

However, when it comes to how much damage these champions will take if you do mess up Molegod wins by a landslide. Shang Chi doesn’t have particularly high resistance or health pool so if you mess up with him you are gonna feel it. Molegod on the other hand, can defiantly take a punch. So even though, if played perfectly Shang Chi is more sustainable, I will give the sustainability category to Molegod just because his tankyness is very clutch in modes like Alliance war and Alliance Quest.

Category 3: Utility

Ok this is gonna be a big category so I am going to compare the similar utilities of the champions first and then the different ones.

First up, debuff shrugging. Both of these champions have very strong debuff shrugging abilities and they both have their pros and cons. Molegod has to sacrifice his debuff shrug for damage and Shang Chi has trouble purifying very large amounts of debuffs at once. However, because Shang Chi can purify debuffs more often than Molegod I will say that he is better at this utility than Molegod

The next utility they both share is an evade counter and sorry Shang Chi fans but Molegod easily wins this. Molegod arguably has the strongest Evade counter in the entire game since he can effortlessly have it up 24/7 and there is not a single node or ability in the game that can bypass this evade counter so Molegod wins

Now time for unique utilities these champions have first, I am going to look at Shang Chi’s unique utilities. The first of which, is his unstoppable counter. Shang Chi has one of the best unstoppable counters in the game. He can effortlessly keep the slow debuff up 24/7 and can activate it extremely early in the fight so this is an incredible utility he has.

The other unique utility Shang Chi has is his Stun and unblockable. This allows him to extend his combos, get easy openings, and chain heavy attacks off of his basic combos. They are pretty solid pieces of utility but nothing too groundbreaking due to the way that his Wushu Strike abilities get shorter each time he uses them. Oh yeah he also can do Buffed up because of his Precision buffs I guess

Now time for Molegods unique utility. The first one is access to DOT debuffs. His bleed won’t work well for Do You Bleed nodes but they still help him synergize with skill champ nodes and bleed vulnerability nodes. The will also help him handle Diss Track paths. His shock on the other hand is very strong and makes him a top option for Thunderstruck nodes. Also he is immune to shock which is always a very valuable utility

Now time for the utility that makes Molegod better than Shang Chi in my opinion. His unstoppable on block. For starters, this gives him the second best assisted intercept ability in the game and can help him get past so many annoying nodes like Ebb and Flow intercept, Don’t go gentle, and gives him tons of benefit from the incredibly common Forsight node that shows up everywhere nowadays. This also gives him very easy opening and allows him to push opponents to 2 bars of power if they have a special attack that is annoying to dodge. It also helps a ton if the opponent is special locked since you can get bosses like Gwenmaster into a state where they can never really throw a special. This can also “technically” be used for can’t stop won’t stop but I won’t push that point.

So for the verdict in this section, Molegod’s insane evade counter and unstoppable on block is such powerful utility that I believe he is stronger than Shang Chi in this category

Category 4: Scuicide mastery compatibility and synergy reliance.

I wanna keep it brief since this is already too long but neither of these champs need synergies and not are scuicide friendly so it’s a tie

Conclusion:

So basically, because of his higher damage output, tankiness, and broken utility I believe that Molegod is a stronger champion than Shang Chi. If you disagree I completely understand, Shang Chi is still a very new and untested champion right now so who knows, maybe this will look like a KDSuperflash post in a few months. Anyways peace out Molegod nation #MolegodSupremacy

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Both are suicide friendly, and also who has the best assisted intercept in the game?
    Also, Mole-Man bleed is goated for Do you Bleed and when paired with the despair mastery can be a very good way to prevent healing effects.
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Yeah this is controversial but take a big fat agree from me.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Shang chi hits harder but mole god definitely has more utility. Very versatile.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Both are suicide friendly, and also who has the best assisted intercept in the game?
    Also, Mole-Man bleed is goated for Do you Bleed and when paired with the despair mastery can be a very good way to prevent healing effects.

Ghost has the best assisted intercept because ghost do be ghost
    Oh I didnt know that counted as an intercept
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yeah, Molegod is great for can't stop won't stop. Works very well on that path in 6.3.1, but mags and godpin are generally better options for that node.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited July 2021

Lol I just looked up Shang Chi winter solider solos and all I could find were 3* ones, why are there no 5* ones??? :D

Just did a quick search and found this
    https://youtu.be/XOBd7InFjY0

And here's a 6*
    https://youtu.be/wP9Y4-JNZaU
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    I have both at r3 and they both certainly have their uses. I love MM but i would probably have to give the slight edge to shang. Maybe because i love the intricacies of playing him and working openings diffirent ways. But for people that dont have shang, MM is certainly not a mile off
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

This makes it so both champions take somewhat minimal chip damage.

Not sure how true this is for Mole man. He has 56% block proficiency which is one of the lowest in the game and he forces you take blocked hits if you want to access his "broken utility".
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

The "best evade counter in game" is also bugged and will have to sacrifice all damage to counter evade again once he's fixed.

Can't wait for the fallout from that one...
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

The "best evade counter in game" is also bugged and will have to sacrifice all damage to counter evade again once he's fixed.

Seriously?.. damn that's me going for features now hoping for Shang cho
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

Seriously?.. damn that's me going for features now hoping for Shang cho
    According to his description any time he enters frenzy he should lose True Accuracy. Currently, if you enter under 10 monster mass he will keep TA and have frenzy active. So either his description is incorrect (unlikely) or he's been bugged ever since his buff and they just haven't gotten around to fixing him
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I appreciate your take. I have neither and can’t wait to acquire and rank up both!
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

Judging by how many people who took him to r3 don't even realize this is unintentional, it's going to be a big one .
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Pratham02 said:

ItsDamien said:

Judging by how many people who took him to r3 don't even realize this is unintentional, it's going to be a big one .
    There can't be that many, it's one of the first lines in his abilities
  • Another stupid comparison. Why do you waste time doing stuff like this? both are unique champs that counter specific nodes/abilities differently, and depends on the preference of the player. Simple as that. You want to tell yourself Moleman is better? go ahead. Good on you.
    Both are enjoyable champs with their own utility and limitations.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Pratham02 said:

ItsDamien said:

How many people read abilities for themselves compared to how many people who just watch a video on the champ to see how good they are?

I know I've been guilty of the last one more than I'd care to admit.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    gp87 said:

1. Damage: kingslayers video comparisons is always wrong: RULK has physical resistance so a bleeder has big advantage against a non bleeder. So that fight means nothing as per damage. Also shang chi doesn’t care about immunities.
    2. Sustainability: SC doesn’t even need to parry. His kit gives him opening you can finish every fight full health without the risk of intercept. MM find opening by hits on block so he takes damage.
    3. Utility: SC has slow so that means he counters evade & unstoppable, MM has only evade counter. SC has slow without discount at his damage, but MM if you want the true accuracy you forget damage & shrug of ability.

MM is fine, but SC is a league of his own. Play with both of them at r3 and you will get the difference

1: alright sure but Molegod benefits much more from nodes like Forsight so I still think he has better damage

2: how often is it necessary to finish every single fight in an entire quest with full health? The answer is never and with lowering attack values it is becoming even less necissary. Also again if you mess up once it definetly hurts

3. MM can have both his true accuracy and Frenzy up at the same time. Idk if this is a bug since it has been around for months but he doesn’t have to sacrifice damage for utility. Also MM counters auto-block as well making him a great option for Medusa, Modok, Etc. And It is difficult to maintain Shang Chi’s purify and slow debuffs at the same time due to the way his wushu strikes function so that kinda works the same as how Molegod loses Purify when entering frenzy
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

If this is fixed I will change but judging by the fact that it has been a known issue for months I doubt it will be. It will be a bug the same way Quake can evade champions that are immune to concussion
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Pratham02 said:

ItsDamien said:

How many people read abilities for themselves compared to how many people who just watch a video on the champ to see how good they are?

I know I've been guilty of the last one more than I'd care to admit.
    I'm sure the majority just watch a video but I find it hard to believe most people investing t5cc in a champion don't read the abilities at least once.

It's not even hidden or buried between text, it's his passive at the top of his ability sheet