**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gwenpool nerf.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
Well I've been playing with her in my main team for 5-6 months now. I was so happy when I landed her and I invested heavily and immediately in her.
Now she is very ordinary... the nerf had really neutered her to put it lightly. Yet all the horrible characters out there and all the over powered ones too... you decide to nerf a fan favorite. I think kabam has F'ed this up. Why not buff other players or why not change the game a little to make pining in the corner less effective for all. Why just last night I was pinned by Hyperion in the corner and he had a double stacked powerup two times in a row. And also last night I was pinned in corner by rhino who had unstoppable granted "randomly" 4 times in a row,

Many characters can pin in corners. This nerf sucks and now I won't play her anymore besides arena.

Thanks kabam from a disgruntled customer.

She was my favorite character to play and now I don't have a favorite anymore. I waited to post this to play her through heroic thor monthly, and a large swath of chapter 4.

The nerf does not effect me badly when I'm playing even tier and level opponent. Don't try to play above yourself with her much I used her in 3 fights in a row all science based so had advantage buff. She still got wrecked.

Comments

• Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Brian grant, YouTube contest campions just took his gwenpool and 100% lol. That speaks very highly of how good a champ she is
  • Options
    NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Batman05 wrote: »
    Brian grant, YouTube contest campions just took his gwenpool and 100% lol. That speaks very highly of how good a champ she is

After the nerf?

Yes after the exploit change, not nerf, he plays normally and doesn't use heavies to get through content
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    Well I've been playing with her in my main team for 5-6 months now. I was so happy when I landed her and I invested heavily and immediately in her.
    Now she is very ordinary... the nerf had really neutered her to put it lightly. Yet all the horrible characters out there and all the over powered ones too... you decide to nerf a fan favorite. I think kabam has F'ed this up. Why not buff other players or why not change the game a little to make pining in the corner less effective for all. Why just last night I was pinned by Hyperion in the corner and he had a double stacked powerup two times in a row. And also last night I was pinned in corner by rhino who had unstoppable granted "randomly" 4 times in a row,

Many characters can pin in corners. This nerf sucks and now I won't play her anymore besides arena.

Thanks kabam from a disgruntled customer.

She was my favorite character to play and now I don't have a favorite anymore. I waited to post this to play her through heroic thor monthly, and a large swath of chapter 4.

The nerf does not effect me badly when I'm playing even tier and level opponent. Don't try to play above yourself with her much I used her in 3 fights in a row all science based so had advantage buff. She still got wrecked.
    Thah is yours gameplay u need to improve. Not the champ. It How u play.
  • Options
    GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I have GP at 5/50 and use her often, to be honest I didn't even know about the exploit so I've never used it (which does only exist with her).

Now although a bit annoying that her heavy has been nerfed, i rarely use heavy attacks anyway as they're not very reliable so this hardly changes her as a champion and she's still great to use.
  • Options
    SkellingtonSkellington Posts: 20
    It baffles me that there are people complaining about this little change. Like do you even know how minimal her nerf affected her?
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Grufty wrote: »
    I have GP at 5/50 and use her often, to be honest I didn't even know about the exploit so I've never used it (which does only exist with her).

Now although a bit annoying that her heavy has been nerfed, i rarely use heavy attacks anyway as they're not very reliable so this hardly changes her as a champion and she's still great to use.

i was unaware of the exploit, but i did use her heavy when i stunned to get the extra long bleed to feed into keeping the effects from the specials going.

So i am a bit upset as well. Not 'stop using Gwenpool" upset, but not very happy either.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    It baffles me that there are people complaining about this little change. Like do you even know how minimal her nerf affected her?

it affected me a little bit as i said in another post,because i used heavy after stun for a longer bleed or an initial bleed to extend effects from specials, but i didn't now about the exploit in question.

Not the worse thing, but there had to be another way to deal with it.
  • Options
    SkellingtonSkellington Posts: 20
    edited November 2017
    Animejay70 wrote: »

it affected me a little bit as i said in another post,because i used heavy after stun for a longer bleed or an initial bleed to extend effects from specials, but i didn't now about the exploit in question.

Fair enough. A bit unfortunate but I doubt that was in Kabam's mind when they added GP and that was pretty much the equivalent of SW's stun locking, so the change was expected to be honest.

Also, now that you can't do that anymore, you'll dish out more dmg since you won't be sitting on 1 bleed every time and can extend the effects that way too.
  • Options
    Animejay70 wrote: »

dont Think ther cange the long time bleed just the cange to get a news bleed. One dont test she Thah much.

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    All the change did was give her less opportunity to bleed on her heavy... you can just do normal hits and your like 90% chance to get a bleed in a combo... so that change did nothing really.

Can still corner someone as her normal hits do bleed and that can keep the power lock stuck on
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    They could have changed how enervate interacted with bleeds instead of nerfing the chance down to 5% or whatever.,but maybe I do not understand the corner thing. You can still get up and evade in a corner. I do it all the time. I saw kabam mod say that you can only SP out of a corner and that's why they considered an exploit but I must be missing something.
  • Options
    They could have changed how enervate interacted with bleeds instead of nerfing the chance down to 5% or whatever.,but maybe I do not understand the corner thing. You can still get up and evade in a corner. I do it all the time. I saw kabam mod say that you can only SP out of a corner and that's why they considered an exploit but I must be missing something.
    the AI cant du this. Bu u Can evade. Out of it. But a spidey culd du it. So Yeah SP wash the only ways.

• Options
    DeathBringer77DeathBringer77 Posts: 159
    edited November 2017
    I might be misunderstanding. Is the change only on heavy? Or is it bleed in general. There have been times I can't get one bleed to start....

I don't use heavies only with her special 1, and 2.

It feels I'm triggering bleed less. If that's my own feeling let me know please.

Another question how can you pin someone in corner with heavies ....(didn't know you could) I was referring only to bleed in general.

Thanks in advance .

I have a 4/55 duped 105 gwenpool and after the "heavy" nerf, she doesn't stack nearly as many bleeds per fight as she used to. I rarely used heavys so whatever but the real issue here is that there was more done to her than just changing the % on the heavy bleed chance.

She's still badass though. Lol.
  • Options
    There should have at least been a buff somewhere else with GP to balance out the nerf , the percentage reduction was overkill.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Idontinkso wrote: »
    There should have at least been a buff somewhere else with GP to balance out the nerf , the percentage reduction was overkill.

Wasn’t a nerf to everyone that didn’t use this exploit.
  • Options
    Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    What nerf? What exploit?
    I just 550 my 4* gwenpool
    Hmmmm
  • Options
    DeathBringer77DeathBringer77 Posts: 159
    edited November 2017
    Jaded wrote: »

Wrong. I never used the exploit and it's technically a nerf taking her chance to turn a bleed into a massive bleed from like 50% to 5%. That my friend is the definition of a nerf. Like I said though, she is still pretty amazing. main point was I use her daily on everything and she doesn't stack as many bleeds as she used to. That's a fact.

Do I still use her daily. Hell yes
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »

Wrong. I never used the exploit and it's technically a nerf taking her chance to turn a bleed into a massive bleed from like 50% to 5%. That my friend is the definition of a nerf. Like I said though, she is still pretty amazing. main point was I use her daily on everything and she doesn't stack as many bleeds as she used to. That's a fact.

Do I still use her daily. Hell yes

The extended timer on the bleed wasn't changed at all
    Just the chance to proc a bleed using a heavy
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Dear Mr. Slicer,
    I have owned a Gwenpool for the better part of a year. I immediately invested in her, took her up, and have never regretted it. NOT EVEN after the nerf. Honestly, I don't care about the nerf. I don't consider it one; I never use heavy attacks anyways. Calm down, chill out and either A) move on or B) quit.
  • Options
    I might be misunderstanding. Is the change only on heavy? Or is it bleed in general. There have been times I can't get one bleed to start....

It feels I'm triggering bleed less. If that's my own feeling let me know please.

Another question how can you pin someone in corner with heavies ....(didn't know you could) I was referring only to bleed in general.

Thanks in advance .

You are misunderstanding the nerf. The change only affected the heavy chance to proc a bleed which was 50% and is now 5%. All other bleed chances were unaffected, and it is also worth noting that the heavy could not directly stack bleeds because if the target was already bleeding the heavy didn't proc a bleed, it converted a short bleed into a long bleed.

What I don't understand is how you could *observe* the character to be so much worse, when the character wasn't actually changed much at all.

The exploit with heavies has to do with the fact that heavy attacks are unblockable - they break the opponent's block. So if you push the computer to the right side of the screen and then chain heavy attacks together, which takes practice, you can hit the computer over and over again and the computer cannot block the attacks to stop them. Most champions with melee attack heavies can do this. What Gwenpool could do before the change was that the heavy attack could proc bleed and then convert bleed to a long lasting bleed, and if the computer had enervate active the bleeds would extend the duration of enervate indefinitely, which means the computer opponent would gain zero power while you hit him. For any other champion, eventually your heavy attacks would cause the computer to gain power and the computer could use a special attack to break the heavy cycle. With Gwenpool keeping the computer frozen at zero power, the computer couldn't block and couldn't use special attacks to get out of the corner, which essentially paralyzed the computer for super long durations (until you made a mistake or got really unlucky with the bleeds triggering).

The change is super minor and is the best way to fix this exploit. Heavy attacks used to proc bleed with high probability - 50% - but as I mentioned previously that didn't contribute a lot to Gwenpool's overall damage because her heavy attacks would *not* proc a bleed when the target was already bleeding. In other words, the chance to proc a bleed on a bleeding target was zero anyway. You actually do more bleed damage if you use regular attacks than the heavy, because regular light and medium attacks can stack bleed.

It nerfs the exploit hard, but hardly affected anyone not using the exploit, which is exactly what you want from a balancing nerf.

By the way, Gwenpool is still awesome.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Dear Mr. Slicer,
    I have owned a Gwenpool for the better part of a year. I immediately invested in her, took her up, and have never regretted it. NOT EVEN after the nerf. Honestly, I don't care about the nerf. I don't consider it one; I never use heavy attacks anyways. Calm down, chill out and either A) move on or B) quit.

If the reason that you don't consider it a nerf is because you didn't use that function of her then that is poor logic. By the same logic then those that did use that function of her got nerfed!
    Not in relation to the exploit.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Thanks in advance .

You are misunderstanding the nerf. The change only affected the heavy chance to proc a bleed which was 50% and is now 5%. All other bleed chances were unaffected, and it is also worth noting that the heavy could not directly stack bleeds because if the target was already bleeding the heavy didn't proc a bleed, it converted a short bleed into a long bleed.

What I don't understand is how you could *observe* the character to be so much worse, when the character wasn't actually changed much at all.

The exploit with heavies has to do with the fact that heavy attacks are unblockable - they break the opponent's block. So if you push the computer to the right side of the screen and then chain heavy attacks together, which takes practice, you can hit the computer over and over again and the computer cannot block the attacks to stop them. Most champions with melee attack heavies can do this. What Gwenpool could do before the change was that the heavy attack could proc bleed and then convert bleed to a long lasting bleed, and if the computer had enervate active the bleeds would extend the duration of enervate indefinitely, which means the computer opponent would gain zero power while you hit him. For any other champion, eventually your heavy attacks would cause the computer to gain power and the computer could use a special attack to break the heavy cycle. With Gwenpool keeping the computer frozen at zero power, the computer couldn't block and couldn't use special attacks to get out of the corner, which essentially paralyzed the computer for super long durations (until you made a mistake or got really unlucky with the bleeds triggering).

The change is super minor and is the best way to fix this exploit. Heavy attacks used to proc bleed with high probability - 50% - but as I mentioned previously that didn't contribute a lot to Gwenpool's overall damage because her heavy attacks would *not* proc a bleed when the target was already bleeding. In other words, the chance to proc a bleed on a bleeding target was zero anyway. You actually do more bleed damage if you use regular attacks than the heavy, because regular light and medium attacks can stack bleed.

It nerfs the exploit hard, but hardly affected anyone not using the exploit, which is exactly what you want from a balancing nerf.

Great explanation. I saw another community member mention that they didn't even have to reduce the bleed affect if the heavy but the relation of that to enervate. Seemed to make more sense than just reducing her chance to extend bleed.
  • Options

Thanks in advance .

Great explanation. I saw another community member mention that they didn't even have to reduce the bleed affect if the heavy but the relation of that to enervate. Seemed to make more sense than just reducing her chance to extend bleed.

As I mentioned in that thread, that's opening Pandora's box. Once you start looking at how enervate works and how it interacts with the heavy, you open the door to the devs taking a closer look at whether enervate should really be allowed to extend 100% of the time in the first place. That's not something I would suggest to the devs to do.

It isn't dangerous for your kids to play in the street, just in the parts of the street that the cars drive on. But we tell them not to play in the street rather than try to explain the fine points of the subtle dangerous situation. Suggestions are not commands: at best they can get someone to look in a particular direction. They cannot control what they see when they do.
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★

Thanks in advance .

They didn't reduce her chance to 'EXTEND' the bleed. That one still has 100% chance and lasts for 27 seconds.

They just reduced the chance to put one, when there is none, from 50 to 5%. It lasts 6 seconds.

Most people don't even know what's changed, but are just complaining for the sake of it.
  • Options
    This started as a complaint but now that I know what has taken place in regards to GP I understand it and I'm not dissapointed at all.

I would like to thank the constructive and informative participants in this thread it's been insightful as well as helpful. Will help me in making me a better gamer.

And to the people who are just rude and non constructive helpful and downright mean. Go f yourselves. You know who you are.

Your first post complained about Gwenpool being made useless and the nerf being devastating. Your third post asked what the nerf actually did. If you reverse the order of those posts in the future, you will likely get a much better ratio of helpful responses.