**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are Ghost and Quake still worth ranking ?

StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
Don't get me wrong, Ghost and Quake are wonderful champions, able to do a lot of content.

BUT, as more and more content arrive, nearly all boss or even complete line happen to have the "True Focus" node preventing any use of those champions.
Boss island in AW, all champions now have the True Focus node
Summer of pain too.

it's not that we can't use Ghost or Quake but they loose all the beneficial affects of their kit. no more miss, no more evade, no more power gain while in phase. (the same goes with the invisible woman, Guillotine 2099 etc...)

A lot of people took time and resources to rank up those champions, just to find them less valuable to use with the new contents.
I understand that these champions tend to make a lot of hard content easier and perhaps a bit less challenging, but in the end all these anti-ghost-Quake node are making those champions less valuable and we can wonder if Ghost 6 stars will still be worthy of rank 4 and 5 when those ranks will be available.

What are your thoughts about that ?

Comments

• GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Mkkal said:

The thing thats making me crazy is, why add champions to the game if you are going to punish the people who use them?

why did you deliberately and willingly design and develop Ghost and Quake just to stop people from using them?

I can say with certainty that Kabam never intended for quake to be played this way. In fact, they banned a bunch of people for seeing victories with one or no hits before they realized what was going on.

As for ghost, I have no idea what else they expected. Ghost and Corvus were very obviously overpowered when created. Corvus they solved with large health pools, which I fully support. There has to be a better way to solve ghost. If not, then just get rid of her as I said. People will be mad at first, but it would be much healthier for the game than going all Oprah on True Focus.
    The funny part, for me at least, is that I’m pretty sure both ghost and quake were originally designed with alliance war defense in mind, and neither one is good on defense, and they’re both meta for attack. Funny how these things happen.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Definitely needs to be a better solution than true focus. I pumped all my sig stones and my all my efforts went into getting that tech T5CC for Ghost simply because she’s so good everywhere, especially in hard content. If they’re going to pull this move whenever they release harder content then is defeats the purpose of the rank up really.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Mkkal said:

The thing thats making me crazy is, why add champions to the game if you are going to punish the people who use them?

why did you deliberately and willingly design and develop Ghost and Quake just to stop people from using them?

I can say with certainty that Kabam never intended for quake to be played this way. In fact, they banned a bunch of people for seeing victories with one or no hits before they realized what was going on.

As for ghost, I have no idea what else they expected. Ghost and Corvus were very obviously overpowered when created. Corvus they solved with large health pools, which I fully support. There has to be a better way to solve ghost. If not, then just get rid of her as I said. People will be mad at first, but it would be much healthier for the game than going all Oprah on True Focus.
    Healthy but with how much people invest in ghost, it wouldn’t be as simple as just removing her unless they compensate with a champion hero selector since shes the most powerful 6* hero champion. Even then, someone could have pulled ghost 7 times, would they receive 70k 6* shards? I think kabam should just nerf ghost. People will be angry but should receive rank down tickets, sigs, generic AG, etc. Ghost is unrealistically powerful when you compare her to champs like sentry, so it would make sense. Probably the best solution, not one i like, or anybody would like, but getting rid of the champ entirely is just absurd.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Mkkal said:

Ghost was add in 2018 & Quake was added in 2016. The game has changed alot since then. Even the world has changed alot since then.

I think kabam wants to make the game more balanced so that other champs also gets some showtime.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    There are so many better ways of addressing this issue than a lazy true strike focus or sense node.

Against ghost, how about a node where crits don't do damage? Or only the 4th or 5th hits of a combo yield dmg? Or only dot does dmg? Or something like this?

Against quake, something like passive pg plus brute force can make things difficult.

The best solution in my opinion would have been to introduce defenders who natively counter ghost or quake, whether this is through the 3 buffs or 2 new champs a month. Having more native counters would address the specific issue with less unintended side effects. It would also make more champs in the overall pool have some kind of use in the meta. Additionally quake and ghost can still have a place in the game without being too op.

There are so many better ways of addressing this issue than a lazy true strike focus or sense node.

Against ghost, how about a node where crits don't do damage? Or only the 4th or 5th hits of a combo yield dmg? Or only dot does dmg? Or something like this?

Against quake, something like passive pg plus brute force can make things difficult.

The best solution in my opinion would have been to introduce defenders who natively counter ghost or quake, whether this is through the 3 buffs or 2 new champs a month. Having more native counters would address the specific issue with less unintended side effects. It would also make more champs in the overall pool have some kind of use in the meta. Additionally quake and ghost can still have a place in the game without being too op.

Sorry i get your point but this is even more lazy. That would get rid if champs like corvus, shang chi, mole man, etc. much bigger pool of champs than those that miss. Best solution i see is armor break and heal block, but then that would affect many that use suicides. Really tough to deal with ghost
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    They're slowly but surely getting forced out the meta...

Very slowly.. this true focus or whatever is called has been thrown around this past month.

I'm sure you'll see it a lot in 7.3 etc
    Qfury said:

They're slowly but surely getting forced out the meta...

Very slowly.. this true focus or whatever is called has been thrown around this past month.

I'm sure you'll see it a lot in 7.3 etc

Unfortunate they would ruin a good pool of champs due to 2 champs. At this point just make a no ghost or quake node. I guarantee nobody will give a damn as long as they can use other champs that miss and evade.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

Sorry i get your point but this is even more lazy. That would get rid if champs like corvus, shang chi, mole man, etc. much bigger pool of champs than those that miss. Best solution i see is armor break and heal block, but then that would affect many that use suicides. Really tough to deal with ghost
    No I hear you. The examples I gave took just a few seconds and they're not meant to be applied globally so the viability of Corvus, Shang, etc. would still be intact. The point is that if this were my job, I'm sure I could come up with something that could counter Ghost or Quake with the following important caveats:
    - No unintended/unwanted side effects against other champs
    - enables Quake and Ghost to still have a place in the meta without being OP. Therefore no need to go through the mess of rankdowns or deleting champs out of the game, etc.

Simply put: a combination of creative nodes, native counters embedded in the KIT of various champs, and other solutions should not be too difficult to find to address this problem.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Yes, always. They are insane champs, and will get you thronebreaker before they become obsolete
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Ghost and Quake are the most broken champions, they both remind me of Scarlet Witch before the nerf, she did almost everything in the game.
    To not have nerf in Ghost and Quake, Kabam has to put us to stop or simply they will break the game to the point of no longer having the game, because the two do almost everything.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Yes, I doubt they'll make it where they can't clear lanes. So far it seems they just want to kill "1 champ fits all" boss solutions. That's fine, so long as they can fight the occasional boss.

What isn't fine is using True Focus as a means to counter them. They could literally make a node that counters 'problem champions' and I wouldn't bat an eye as a frequent user of said champs.

It'd be like The Champion's "Champion of the Universe" ability, except in node form and more potent.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★
    It is frustrating that Kabam's solution to the Ghost/Quake problem is napalm that affects tons of other champions.

It is just like the Cavalier EQ node designs - Instead of just blocking Willpower from healing your champions from all the node debuffs, let's just block healing wholesale, which will also prevent champions that have healing in their kit.

Some nuance would be preferable, but who knows how easy it is to program.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

^^^^^
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    I really hope that Kabam figures out a different solution than just slamming a True Focus node on every boss fight since that gets rid of so many other really good (and in some cases, fairly new) champs.

I think both Ghost and Quake are probably worth ranking up still. Even if they aren't boss killers, they can probably clear many lanes alright. I doubt Kabam's going to put True Focus at every fight.

Plus, while most SOP bosses have neutered Ghost and Quake, couldn't at least parts of the Grandmaster's Gauntlet be (relatively) easily Quaked? It seems like there is still room for them in the top fights, even if they hopefully won't be the best option for every fight.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Even if it is not optimal you can play Ghost vs true sense.

She can still shrug off debuffs and the crits still counter evade.

I go a Solo vs Emma.
    You lose the powergain which sucks that is true.

But at this point would I would still rate them best and 2nd best champs in the game
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    in my opinion, to truly use Quake, u need skill. Quake and shake is not that easy. If someone took the time and effort to master her, then don't punish them by introducing content that renders her useless. Personally, i tried a lot but could never master her so now I have a 5* r5 max sig Quake just sitting there 😋
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I don't quake I don't ghost so I've never bothered with ranking them up. But I use Tigra and Taskmaster often so it's a bummer their utility is limited by the node🤧
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Game devs change meta all the time. I'm surprised it took this long tbh.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    They just need to have armor break nodes that trigger on enemy special activation boom ghost solved and quake they can make a node that decreases ability accuracy against a wall