**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A idea to make true focus viable

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

They're not going to outright ban those Champs from War. They're also not going to nerf them. So here we are.

Do you think those are the only two options?
    No, but Kabam has made a very clear statement. Those mechanics are not intended to be used on Boss Island. The idea that stopping other Champs with those Abilities is somehow an unforeseen side effect is moot.
    No, they didn’t make that clear statement. We have seen written proof that they didn’t. You’re spreading misinformation.

When you read their statement, which did you read “there are a couple abilities playing by different rules”

Or “there are a couple champions playing by different rules”
    Their statement came from adding the Node. Quite literally it stops those Abilities. You can argue ad nauseum that it was only about those two Champs because the Announcement mentioned it, but it's painfully obvious they're not going to narrow it that much.
    No, they added the node because of their design intent. Which was to stop quake and ghost running riot.

You don’t know that they won’t narrow it down that much, that is literally the point of all our feedback that you seem so desperate to stamp out. And why do you think it would be such a bad thing to narrow it down? How could more champions to use and more fun to be had ever be a bad thing?
    When people keep depending on the same Abilities over and over, it's a bad thing. There's more than button-mashing skill to the game. Having a diverse Roster and accommodating to whatever change comes is part of it as well. Can't always Miss or Evade through the Damage.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

They're not going to outright ban those Champs from War. They're also not going to nerf them. So here we are.

No, but Kabam has made a very clear statement. Those mechanics are not intended to be used on Boss Island. The idea that stopping other Champs with those Abilities is somehow an unforeseen side effect is moot.
    No, they didn’t make that clear statement. We have seen written proof that they didn’t. You’re spreading misinformation.

When you read their statement, which did you read “there are a couple abilities playing by different rules”

Their statement came from adding the Node. Quite literally it stops those Abilities. You can argue ad nauseum that it was only about those two Champs because the Announcement mentioned it, but it's painfully obvious they're not going to narrow it that much.
    No, they added the node because of their design intent. Which was to stop quake and ghost running riot.

You don’t know that they won’t narrow it down that much, that is literally the point of all our feedback that you seem so desperate to stamp out. And why do you think it would be such a bad thing to narrow it down? How could more champions to use and more fun to be had ever be a bad thing?
    When people keep depending on the same Abilities over and over, it's a bad thing. There's more than button-mashing skill to the game. Having a diverse Roster and accommodating to whatever change comes is part of it as well. Can't always Miss or Evade through the Damage.
    Which did it say on the announcement. Abilities that play by different rules? Or champions that play by different rules?

Do you actually think evade and miss are too op?

Are miles and invisible woman too good?
    That's the thing about rules. They apply to all.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

It's always 1 step forward 2 backwards

We've already established miss/evade as abilities aren't inherently problematic and don't need to be shut down on everyone

It's champs like quake who reduces ability accuracy by 100% in addition to being enabled to do damage with 0 contact through guaranteed evades and ghost who shrugs off debuff with phase and completely ignores damage while phased in addition to the all the other overloaded parts of her kit that cause problems.

The broken aspects of their kits are enabled by miss/evade but miss/evade aren't broken abilities that need to be shut down for all characters.

If that were the case we wouldn't be getting a new miss champ that literally counters miss counters.

Lovely, can you answer the question ?
    No he can’t lol, haven’t you argued with GW before
    Yes but call me an optimist, I’ll still give him the benefit of the doubt with these conversations. I still take what he says at face value and try and hold a conversation.

I don’t believe he’s a troll, just stubbornly set in his ways, I want to have that conversation with him and try and get him to see our side. To show him that his points don’t sometimes have logic to them, and that it’s genuinely not the worst thing in the world to admit you’re wrong about something.

Even if he won’t extend the same courtesy, I’d answer his questions and points if he asked them.

You're starting a Strawman. I'm not keen on answering rabbit holes.

It's always 1 step forward 2 backwards

We've already established miss/evade as abilities aren't inherently problematic and don't need to be shut down on everyone

It's champs like quake who reduces ability accuracy by 100% in addition to being enabled to do damage with 0 contact through guaranteed evades and ghost who shrugs off debuff with phase and completely ignores damage while phased in addition to the all the other overloaded parts of her kit that cause problems.

The broken aspects of their kits are enabled by miss/evade but miss/evade aren't broken abilities that need to be shut down for all characters.

If that were the case we wouldn't be getting a new miss champ that literally counters miss counters.
    Exactly Kabam could have made a node that was “this defender ignores guaranteed critical hits and is immune to ability accuracy reduction and direct damage only does 10% damage” to counter ghost and quake. It wasn’t specifically Miss and evade which was overpowered

But we would have Corvus and falcon fans rightly being annoyed. It’s an equally inelegant solution.

You were implying that Miss and evade were the problem. But I’d like you to point out where Kabam said that Miss and evade were a problem.

You were implying that Miss and evade were the problem. But I’d like you to point out where Kabam said that Miss and evade were a problem.
    You're dancing around verbiage like it's gospel.
    Yes. Those were my words. So if a Node is added that counters Champs which optimize those so heavily that it inhibits any type of Defense that puts up a fight, and people are still scrambling for those Abilities in other Champs, what would you call it? I call it depending on those to their own detriment because they're unwilling to look to other options.
    I read your responses. I'm not engaging in certain forms of debate. I can tell when I'm being tested or baited into a response that will be dissected for the sake of it. This isn't my first time here.
    You don't need me to explain why targeting 2 specific Champs in a more direct way would be a calamity. That much is obvious. Those of us that have lived through 12.0 know what that causes. For that matter, they also flat-out said they don't want to prevent people from using those Champs altogether. Which you fail to hone in on. You cannot outright label Champs #overpowered, or directly inhibit them from being used. It goes against a number of goals for War.
    Yes, Kabam have countered their Abilities. Not the Champs themselves. More specifically, at one area of the Map. Interesting how you mention that people use those Champs for other reasons, and in the same thought react as if the Node stops people from using the other Champs altogether.
    You can say I don't read your responses all you like, but I choose what aspect of an argument I wish to engage in because I'm not interested in debating someone's assumptions. Nor am I interested in debating someone's opinions on how I speak.
    So I disagree that it is a disservice to allow other Champs to be affected. We can leave it at that.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

Yea, why rely on Parry, Dex, and Intercept when you can Stand Still and wait for the opponent to die.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

I can’t believe you lived through 12.0 and still can’t play well.

Just ignore him. It's not worth engaging in conversation, its a dead end.

Yea, why rely on Parry, Dex, and Intercept when you can Stand Still and wait for the opponent to die.
    We're not talking about basic game functions.
    What's to answer? I said I don't agree that it's some kind of disservice that other Champs are affected by the Node. That's about it.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    God I love the forums

Yea, Evade and Phase aren’t basic. They should remove OG spidey’s evade. Too OP.

What's to answer? I said I don't agree that it's some kind of disservice that other Champs are affected by the Node. That's about it.

“How to say you’re not good at playing the game without saying you’re not good at playing the game”
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    If you ever forgot why GW was a forum meme, look no further

Yea, Evade and Phase aren’t basic. They should remove OG spidey’s evade. Too OP.
    Are you trying to tell me Quake and Ghost are comparable to Parry and Dex? If so, then people will have no problems using other Champs.
    Also, calling me out on skill in an argument about using Champs that easy street content isn't working in your favor here.

Also, calling me out on skill in an argument about using Champs that easy street content isn't working in your favor here.
    Ohh, it actually does.

Are you trying to tell me Quake and Ghost are comparable to Parry and Dex? If so, then people will have no problems using other Champs..
    It’s only you who’s having trouble using any champ.

It’s more of those who are caught in the crossfire champions like Elsa, Mister Negative, Tigra, Stryfe more than Ghost and Quake. I’m a Ghost/Quake user but I don’t mind them limiting their scope but how it affected another set of champ is the thing we want to point out.

You don’t have to cry like a baby here if you can’t use those champs. As if you’re affected.

But anyway, it’s just another GW meme.

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    We actually have a tag we can use that has not been touched since 2018.

#Champions of the Universe or whatever The Champion has.
    Petition to add a #GroundedWisdom tag on Groot.