**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Frame Rate Issues? [Merged]

Comments

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I can't imagine the flip or fold phones being a good idea for this game - the amount of pressure I put on my screen goes way up the more: bugs there are/bad I'm playing/when both me and the ai have an sp3 and 1% health.
    The new fold caught my attention because it can use the spen - but it needs a special version which uses a lot less pressure when you write so doesn't fill me with confidence.
  • PicoBpPicoBp Posts: 35
    S10+ here, the game never ran more than 30fps, and regularly dips to the twenties even with less than 50% GPU and 30% CPU utilization.
  • PP96PP96 Posts: 45
    PicoBp said:

S10+ here, the game never ran more than 30fps, and regularly dips to the twenties even with less than 50% GPU and 30% CPU utilization.

the s10+ doesn't support 120hz refresh rate screen so yes you never played above 30fps. this issue is related to those of us that have 120hz screens.
  • Emac1414Emac1414 Posts: 34
    Odachi said:

I can't imagine the flip or fold phones being a good idea for this game - the amount of pressure I put on my screen goes way up the more: bugs there are/bad I'm playing/when both me and the ai have an sp3 and 1% health.
    The new fold caught my attention because it can use the spen - but it needs a special version which uses a lot less pressure when you write so doesn't fill me with confidence.

Oh no lol I have uses all the folds and even the first one is more then fine yet the screen was squishy. The 2nd fold and flip 3 screens feel very hard like they are glass just a thin layer but no never had issues doing my everyday things on it like playing games. You have to try one at a store and feel it be surprised.
    PP96 said:

PicoBp said:

the s10+ doesn't support 120hz refresh rate screen so yes you never played above 30fps. this issue is related to those of us that have 120hz screens.
    Why would you need a 120Hz display for 60fps? Educate me please.
    PicoBp said:

Yeah this just started happening after the last compensation came before for the past year I've been running if jot the 120hz atleast 60hz I've had from the Samsung s21ultra note 20 ultra to the fold 2 last year. Just now it's happening.
    PP96 said:

yes many of us on Samsung devices are experiencing this. theres a main thread on the issue.

Oh OK thank you for the info
    PicoBp said:

PP96 said:

PicoBp said:

from my knowledge the game only runs half of your displays refresh rate. so s10+ is 60hz, you play at 30fps. whereas 120hz should get a solid 60fps. smoother gameplay.
    PP96 said:

PicoBp said:

PP96 said:

PicoBp said:

from my knowledge the game only runs half of your displays refresh rate. so s10+ is 60hz, you play at 30fps. whereas 120hz should get a solid 60fps. smoother gameplay.
    So just bad programming, gotcha! Thx!
    Hardcoded vsync half refresh then... When you think you could not be surprised anymore by this game. :lol:
  • magneetomagneeto Posts: 3
    @Kabam Zanzibar I have already posted this in Android Lag and Performance Issue thread but I'll post it here as well.

Device and Model: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: version 32.2.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: The same issue that the others are experiencing with higher refresh rate devices i.e. the fps has been stuck at 30fps (see attached image) ever since V32.2.0 came out.

• magneetomagneeto Posts: 3
    @Emac1414 Yes, having the same exact issue on my Note 20 Ultra. Ever since the update came out , it's been stuck at 30fps.
  • mattyben27mattyben27 Posts: 55
    Same issues here. Very frustrating and hard to play .

Updated game
    Verizon and wifi both issues
    Samsung galaxy s20 fe, less than a year old phone. Did not have the choppiness before the compensation
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Odachi said:

Fold 3 would be awesome for this game if the game wasn't so jank. Downgraded graphics for no reason and continuing frame rate issues. I was expecting more from the update.

EDIT: To be clear, it's supposedly running at a solid 60fps, but looks crappy doing it.
    something I have noticed now is that some champions and their animations cause the frames to drop lower, screwing up timing of parrying and dexes. super annoying. hope kabam will acknowledge and fix this soon. game is borderline unplayable.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    S20 FE user here...

The very first time I opened the game, I got 60 FPS and thus believed the game runs smoother now.

However, that only happened once.

Even setting the device refresh rate to 120Hz hasn't made any difference – it is probably about 30 FPS and still stutters randomly.
  • CmaroCmaro Posts: 229 ★★

S20 FE user here...

The very first time I opened the game, I got 60 FPS and thus believed the game runs smoother now.

Even setting the device refresh rate to 120Hz hasn't made any difference – it is probably about 30 FPS and still stutters randomly.

S20 FE here too u used game pluggin to see how much fps i have its stuck from 25-30 permanently...its terrible to play now..2nd day still no Admin reply to us what they gonna do with that..
  • S20 FE user here...

Yea it happens to me when I restart my phone. When I restart my phone the first time I open the app it runs smooth like it used too but then immediately goes back to 30 fps
  • @Kabam Miike The new EQ just started and this issue is not fixed. Parry and dex is extremely bad because of the fps issue. Need a response at least

@Kabam Miike The new EQ just started and this issue is not fixed. Parry and dex is extremely bad because of the fps issue. Need a response at least

They prob dont care about us..no reply for 2 days..cant even play sight quest how my eye hurts to see that fps
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Probably not what you want to hear, sounds similar to what happened with oneplus high refresh rate phones more than a year ago.

Used to play the game in 120hz and it was superb, the game ran better than on any device I’ve used before or since then.
    They changed something one update and that was it, unplayable in 120hz, choppy and buggy.
    Lowered the phone refresh rate and it ran a bit smoother but the timing felt way off.

Extremely unlikely you will get an answer from the mods. At best you’ll get a “we reported this to the team”.
    Thecurler said:

Probably not what you want to hear, sounds similar to what happened with oneplus high refresh rate phones more than a year ago.

Used to play the game in 120hz and it was superb, the game ran better than on any device I’ve used before or since then.
    They changed something one update and that was it, unplayable in 120hz, choppy and buggy.
    Lowered the phone refresh rate and it ran a bit smoother but the timing felt way off.

Extremely unlikely you will get an answer from the mods. At best you’ll get a “we reported this to the team”.

Oh god please no... u dont wanna quit the game **** it
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    Same problem here, poco x3 pro
  • SkinnyfitSkinnyfit Posts: 37
    Having the same issues.

S20+. Play on wifi. Got a framerate checker on the phone and it's dropping as low as 1 in menus, in fights seen it drop to 10 a few times bit mainly sits around 24 to 26 and is almost unplayable on harder end game content. No chance i can take on the current side quest right now due to it.
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Hi folks, we have noted your reports above. Please be assured that our team is working on this. We apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. We will endeavour to get this resolved as soon as possible! Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Frame rate is very important for this game to shine. It allows us to play the game on a professional level and the game team should be aware that their best choice is to introduce a graphics resolutions setting where the user can change from Low, medium and high as the user really is the one that know it’s own phone best, not the game team.
  • Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, we have noted your reports above. Please be assured that our team is working on this. We apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. We will endeavour to get this resolved as soon as possible! Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Thanks for being aware of the issue! You are the best
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Frame rate is very important for this game to shine. It allows us to play the game on a professional level and the game team should be aware that their best choice is to introduce a graphics resolutions setting where the user can change from Low, medium and high as the user really is the one that know it’s own phone best, not the game team.

They could call the settings

Sornbung Potato that was free with a pack of gum.
    $1500 Android 120Hz flagship w/12GB ram.
    Cracked screen 4 year old iPhone with battery issues.

1 guess which one looks the best.
  • SkinnyfitSkinnyfit Posts: 37
    Kabam Boo said:

Is there any update currently on this issue?
    Skinnyfit said:

Kabam Boo said:

Is there any update currently on this issue?
    Nope nothing..almost 1 week unplayable... 22 Nick fury always goin 1shot... today? 2 deaths...freeze sp2 stun dead...i thing i will leave this game for a while..till they fix it...unplayable...just losing my mind playing it...
  • XenoMorfXenoMorf Posts: 13
    Same exact story here, after update 32.2.0 game is nearly unplayable, perfectlysmooth before, littleto no controls issues. I thought I was alone because I immediately wrote to support and they told me my device is obsolete and can't handle mcoc after last update. What a joke... My "obsolete " device being Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 with latest hardware there is under the hood and running any other much more demanding game at 60-120hz without even a stutter. But it's never their fault you see, it can't be. Now another month or more until I can play the game I love that's if, by chance, the October update will fix it as the September one broke it. Bugs and fixes by chance in here it seems...