UPDATE: A new Hotfix (v32.2.3) is now being released to address this issue. Please keep an eye on your App Store for this update to address the below issue.

We are currently experiencing an Error when Summoners view a Champion’s Synergies while in the Champion Selection screen in Arenas and Duels. We are aware of this issue and are working on a Hotfix to address it. In the meantime, please avoid using the synergy menu to prevent this error and crash. We apologize for this inconvenience. Updates will be posted here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/293506/error-when-looking-at-synergies-from-champion-selection-screen

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

1495052545560

Comments

  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 123
    Since the update the parry/dex issues are still kind of a come and go issue for me. Missed parries in the new side event quest get you killed. I literally got 2 shot by Stealth Suit Spidey on a R3 6* Archangel. Happened back to back on the first parry attempt. 3rd try....worked just fine. I still have characters that run forward randomly and stop responding to swipe back attempts. New issue now....there is a ton of straight up lag when defenders launch special attacks. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does....it's a straight 1-2 seconds of frozen game play. Thankfully it hasn't gotten me killed just yet, but it makes dexing a very dicey situation. We know you guys are working on it, but there was supposed to be an improvement upon release. This patch feels like a step backwards.

    iPad Pro...iOS 14.8, full WiFi, no other apps running.
  • KOSLORDKOSLORD Posts: 109
    Seems with the update, parry got worse.
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 80

    Is it just me or anyone else facing below issues since today morning?
    i) defenders are moving way too fast
    ii) defenders starts hitting you before you can dash back after your combo
    iii) defender doesn’t throw sp1 or sp2
    iv) impossible to dash back/re-parry when defender is attacking your block

    Defenders recovering from heavies and specials sooner than ever before
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,877 ★★★★★
    Does the frame “stutter” issue fall under the parry/dex problem? Is that a separate memory leak issue?

    The more I play this update, the more it feels like the stuttering issue is what ails me. Still an Xs running 14.8 iOS. And just running some EQ this morning with what feels like dial-up performance.

    Is there a separate thread? Any update?

    Dr. Zola
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    edited October 2021
    The parry bug didn't just cost revives/potions. It cost us VALUABLE time grinding for them, and UNITS. LOTS of units. My unit loss due to parry bug is somewhere between 2000-3000. I don't expect Kabam to repay all of that, but at least they can give every UC and above player 1000-2000 units.
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    No_oneuk said:

    what did you use units on for the parry bug.

    was it revives and potions perhaps?

    that's why they're compensating revives and potions.

    :neutral: i cant convert revives and pots to units. Imagine paying $50 for something that was your seller's fault. Then, after 10 years, the seller gives you $50 worth of stuff. Will that be enough compensation?
    NO.
    I also grinded tons of units from arena TO use on revives/pots.
    And also the amount of revives/pots is way too less to ever compensate.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

    No_oneuk said:

    what did you use units on for the parry bug.

    was it revives and potions perhaps?

    that's why they're compensating revives and potions.

    :neutral: i cant convert revives and pots to units. Imagine paying $50 for something that was your seller's fault. Then, after 10 years, the seller gives you $50 worth of stuff. Will that be enough compensation?
    NO.
    I also grinded tons of units from arena TO use on revives/pots.
    And also the amount of revives/pots is way too less to ever compensate.
    so they need to compensate more revives and pots, not more units.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,267 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

    No_oneuk said:

    what did you use units on for the parry bug.

    was it revives and potions perhaps?

    that's why they're compensating revives and potions.

    :neutral: i cant convert revives and pots to units. Imagine paying $50 for something that was your seller's fault. Then, after 10 years, the seller gives you $50 worth of stuff. Will that be enough compensation?
    NO.
    I also grinded tons of units from arena TO use on revives/pots.
    And also the amount of revives/pots is way too less to ever compensate.
    You wouldn't be using Units on anything BUT Pots and Revs, that was the result of the bugs. They never cost us Cavs. Lol.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,103 ★★★★★
    So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

    Or are you one of those people who are trying to have it both ways? Use the free resources to push content you’re not ready for and then blame the game when you inevitably fail.
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Mauled said:

    So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

    Or are you one of those people who are trying to have it both ways? Use the free resources to push content you’re not ready for and then blame the game when you inevitably fail.

    The pots they gave last a couple quests lmfao. What you're not taking into account is some people who are unlucky have capiw as their best champ and that's their only option for V7.3.1 and they lose 5 pots taking down a warlock who seems to guaranteed crit each time they miss a parry :neutral:
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 128 ★★
    If you’re going to say “ it’s your fault for trying”, I’d like to point out that by saying that, you’re saying that every person should stop pushing any content. Pretty absurd. Might wanna rerun that one through the brain.

    Instead we are supposed to be playing. To do that we need more pots and revives than we’ve been getting up front. And unit compensation.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,137 ★★★
    I’m pretty sure all the L5 potions and L2 revives they gave in the compensation added up to more than 2000 units (and this is excluding the AQ rewards, where they gave LOTS of glory too). As for your valuable time, it was given back in the form of a 5 and 6 star nexus and more, so you can’t complain about that. (I’m just gonna assume you’re TB, but even if you’re not, you still got suitable rewards for your progression level).
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,137 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

    Mauled said:

    So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

    Or are you one of those people who are trying to have it both ways? Use the free resources to push content you’re not ready for and then blame the game when you inevitably fail.

    The pots they gave last a couple quests lmfao. What you're not taking into account is some people who are unlucky have capiw as their best champ and that's their only option for V7.3.1 and they lose 5 pots taking down a warlock who seems to guaranteed crit each time they miss a parry :neutral:
    Ok, but why would you try to do V7 when the bug is there? Just why? I mean I did it too because I’m stupid and impatient, but I know that it’s my fault and I’m not asking for more revives or potions
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 1,644 ★★★★
    They don't give units as compensation outside of the gifting badge debacle with Stark's Briefcase.

    You'll get more pots and revives and possibly another Nexus way before they give units.
  • AmaniacAmaniac Posts: 12
    Hi. Anyone happen to know when the next compensation is coming? Like doesn’t Kabam owe us a massive one cos that one compensation we got in August still didn’t compensate for all the times we’ve died due to the bug. We need like units or a bunch of revives, instead of useless shards and crystals. Thanks.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 684 ★★★
    No
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,103 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    MojoHater said:

    Mauled said:

    So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

    Or are you one of those people who are trying to have it both ways? Use the free resources to push content you’re not ready for and then blame the game when you inevitably fail.

    The pots they gave last a couple quests lmfao. What you're not taking into account is some people who are unlucky have capiw as their best champ and that's their only option for V7.3.1 and they lose 5 pots taking down a warlock who seems to guaranteed crit each time they miss a parry :neutral:
    So you’re telling me you’re spending your potions on quests you’ve just admitted you don’t have the correct counters for and are wondering why you’re having a problem?

    Don’t become a defence lawyer, the jails would get even more overcrowded than they already are.
  • QueenNJAHQueenNJAH Posts: 20
    How is it not unreasonable to ask for more compensation when some people’s game play is completely stalled due to Kabams issues? Like I understand ppl are pushing for content their roster isn’t fleshed out for, but a lot of us have great rosters have been playing and progressing fine but now end game content is very inconsistent. Individual compensation should be double what it is right now and on a consistent basis. Units might be a stretch but Kabam has really be underestimating how much individual compensation is fair given the bugs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,877 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

    DrZola said:

    The announcement suggested questing relief would be “occasional.” I imagine we will see how well the current game engine holds up for 7.1.3 on Wednesday and then determine if there will be another infusion of pots.

    For everything else, are you not chock full of AQ/AW pots?

    Dr. Zola

    I'd recommend waiting until after parry/dex issues are fixed before trying this permanent content. I think we have learned that solo player compensation does not match actual item use.
    That’s what they have told us. I’m not sure what the expectation should be though—if the game is malfunctioning, shouldn’t that be cause for pausing new permanent content?

    Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,877 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Typhoon said:

    DrZola said:

    Typhoon said:

    DrZola said:

    The announcement suggested questing relief would be “occasional.” I imagine we will see how well the current game engine holds up for 7.1.3 on Wednesday and then determine if there will be another infusion of pots.

    For everything else, are you not chock full of AQ/AW pots?

    Dr. Zola

    I'd recommend waiting until after parry/dex issues are fixed before trying this permanent content. I think we have learned that solo player compensation does not match actual item use.
    That’s what they have told us. I’m not sure what the expectation should be though—if the game is malfunctioning, shouldn’t that be cause for pausing new permanent content?

    Dr. Zola
    Personally I don't see any issue with continuing to release permanent content while the bugs persist; its up to the player if they want to take the risk. What I do have an issue with is the event quests or temporary content being pushed out while the bugs persist, with compensation not matching the level of effort to complete said temporary content.
    Fair point. But bills don’t pay themselves.

    Dr. Zola
Sign In or Register to comment.