**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are you going for the 6* featured or sticking with the basic ?

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I'm doing something I haven't done in a while and I'm saving all of my 6 Star Shards for several months till the next Featured that'll have a shot at Kitty Pride, Anti-Venom, and Knull (as well the two movie Tie-in Eternals with Tie-ins traditionally being pretty solid). Nimrod wouldn't be bad either but the 3 mentioned are some of my favorite characters.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Those going for the featured that don’t have a super developed roster, how many 6* do you currently have? I’m at 73 but only missing 28 champs I want from the basic
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

FiiNCH said:

I’m still going for the featured. First 3 pulls got me miles, WM and herc.

Herc dupe, Penni and Diablo are the big wins for me still

How many good champs are you missing from the basic?
    I’m missing a few big ones like ghost/AA/fury

To be honest I’m going all in the get herc awakened - I took him to rank 3 immediately after pulling him
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    I am missing many champs from the basics still to still go for basics. Just got a brand new venom as 6 star yesterday. I am relatively satisfied with my roster too and don't feel the necessity to chase the shiny new God tier champs for now.
  • Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★
    6* Basic
    This game has burned me too many times to bother with the Featured crystals. Never pulled anything but duds in past gambles.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

Those going for the featured that don’t have a super developed roster, how many 6* do you currently have? I’m at 73 but only missing 28 champs I want from the basic

90 I think. And most of the new 5*’s I could want right now also I already have (R5 Kitty and Peni, for example). Plus the breakout of champs in the featured is such that about 1/4 of them would be first time dupes of a 6* I already have and at least 4 are champs I want for their unique abilities. Plus…I’m a little bored.

On the negative side, I already have at least 4 of the champs in featured awakened, so any of them would be a waste of shards.

It’s a close call. But my basic pulls have been bad lately. I’m in a shoddy stretch that seems to recur each fall.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Polygon said:

90 I think. And most of the new 5*’s I could want right now also I already have (R5 Kitty and Peni, for example). Plus the breakout of champs in the featured is such that about 1/4 of them would be first time dupes of a 6* I already have and at least 4 are champs I want for their unique abilities. Plus…I’m a little bored.

On the negative side, I already have at least 4 of the champs in featured awakened, so any of them would be a waste of shards.

It’s a close call. But my basic pulls have been bad lately. I’m in a shoddy stretch that seems to recur each fall.

Dr. Zola
    Typically it’s mainly the end game players that have a very deep roster that go all out on the featured, but I think others that aren’t quite at that level yet , and missing a plethora of good champs from basic, are going all out on this feat as well. I guess it’s Herc satisfies both the prestige/first r4 candidate spot and is probably just the best cosmic in game.

Regardless, I wish they added a few more good champs to the sub-featured. Striking out 2-3 times in a row is enough to make most of us just give up on this crystal
  • TC1TC1 Posts: 75
    6* Featured
    I pulled Hercules on my first attempt at featured. Felt very special
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I'm still hoarding my shards for the next one.
    edited October 2021
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

Dr. Zola
    Typically it’s mainly the end game players that have a very deep roster that go all out on the featured, but I think others that aren’t quite at that level yet , and missing a plethora of good champs from basic, are going all out on this feat as well. I guess it’s Herc satisfies both the prestige/first r4 candidate spot and is probably just the best cosmic in game.

Regardless, I wish they added a few more good champs to the sub-featured. Striking out 2-3 times in a row is enough to make most of us just give up on this crystal
    Well, according to that poll a couple of weeks ago I’m “post-Intermediate,” so I don’t know what you’re talking about :D

Dr. Zola
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★
    6* Featured
    My odds of pulling someone new are very high
    Going featured
    ~ITNT
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    I prob will stick with basics since herc gets added to the basic in 5 weeks on Nov 30th.

Used that rational to open a crystal last night

Got Rhino. Ya win some, ya lose some.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    6* Featured
    I started out well with Peni but it’s been downhill since then. Was really excited for this featured and in particular Herc, Medusa, Stark Spidey, Iceman or Diablo, but I just keep duping champions I already have duped and don’t use. Third Gamora dupe today after trawling 7.3 for the shards was pretty soul destroying. I think I need to take a break from featured crystals and cavs.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Sticking with featured til I dupe Hercules.
    14 in and pulled both Hercules and Peni, got and duped Chavez and nebula who's got a pretty good base for a buff and duped iceman.

Still want Torch, Herc dupe, diablo dupe and sp2099 but if I I dupe Hercules next featured is looking like a much better investment
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    6* Featured
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

This time around, I started off missing 16 of the 24 champs in the featured (Hercules, Peni, S2099, Overseeer, Purg, Chavez, Sparky, Medusa, Iceman, Torch, Diablo, Gwenpool, VP, Guillotine, Gamora, WM), plus I would be fine with awakening three I have unawakened (Thor Rag, X-23, Nebula). Those are very good odds at pulling at least a new champ, and a decent shot at pulling a strong champ, and my 6* roster is developed enough that for me the Featured is the better play.

First three pulls so far: Hercules (yay), Nebula (waiting on the buff), Guillotine (pthhthhhh).

I am now missing 14, and would be reasonably okay with 2 first time awakenings, so still 16 out of 24 (67%) are at least decent for me. Especially on the hunt for the dup on Herc, Diablo, Torch, Iceman, Medusa, Peni, and S2099. Going to probably keep pulling this featured until it ends, unless I get spectacularly lucky early on.

Hercules on the first pull. Yuck.

Dr. Zola
    I actually opened that first one with the Sigil discount, immediately after watching Lagacy's featured video. I recorded it for giggles, but ultimately didn't have the heart to show him.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    6* Basic
    Polygon said:

I completely struck out. Is there anyone here that also got duds for their first 2 or however many tries, but are still going for this crystal?

Curious to see how many stopped versus continuing... as there’s just way too many trash in the crystal

Gamora and Rogue first two then switched to basic and awakened Sorcerer Supreme. Not sure what I will do next time.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    I was going to go for this featured like a mad man (pulled Gamora and Cyclops 🤮) but then I spoke to Lagacy and he reminded me that Knull is gonna be in the next featured 6* along with Kitty and Hercules so now ima wait and save up my shards.

Featured 5* I’ll go for when I have the Black Iso Discount other than that I’ll pop Mutant/Skill
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Hoitado said:

I was going to go for this featured like a mad man (pulled Gamora and Cyclops 🤮) but then I spoke to Lagacy and he reminded me that Knull is gonna be in the next featured 6* along with Kitty and Hercules so now ima wait and save up my shards.

Featured 5* I’ll go for when I have the Black Iso Discount other than that I’ll pop Mutant/Skill

Hercules won’t be in the next 6* featured? Did you mean 5*?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Cain said:

Hoitado said:

Hercules won’t be in the next 6* featured? Did you mean 5*?
    Meant Anti-Venom 😂

I prob will stick with basics since herc gets added to the basic in 5 weeks on Nov 30th.

Hercules won’t be in the basic pool until January 2022 lol

14 in and pulled both Hercules and Peni, got and duped Chavez and nebula who's got a pretty good base for a buff and duped iceman.

Still want Torch, Herc dupe, diablo dupe and sp2099 but if I I dupe Hercules next featured is looking like a much better investment

How many targeted champs you missing from the basic? Could also wait for cyber weekend, would probably have a generic gem. 14 crystals is a lot of shards to drop to still be missing those champs you’re seeking.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    6* Basic
    Opened 6 basics and literally nothing to help my account. Really wish I'd gone with featured now.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

How many targeted champs you missing from the basic? Could also wait for cyber weekend, would probably have a generic gem. 14 crystals is a lot of shards to drop to still be missing those champs you’re seeking.
    Already ran it through a calculator, getting this featured is worth more for my account than basics.
    And I hate arena so chances I'll have enough units for the cyber generic gem is 0.

The 14 crystals for me don't feel like too big an investment because I was saving shards since Peni deep dive. I'd rather target newer champs in featured since the chances of getting them in the basic pool is painful
    edited October 2021
    6* Featured
    Sudden case of cold feet for me. I’ve decided to pop a basic today and wait for the buildup of shards from the Knull quest, 7.3.6 completion and Cav EQ.

What changed? Just a crush of bad featured pulls paradin across chats and ally feed and the thought of getting one of the 65% of featured champs that would be utterly deflating.

Basic deflation is far less painful.

Dr. Zola
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I’m currently saving all my shards for the next featured in January.

The only champs I’m really interested in from this featured are Herc, Diablo and Torch. Medusa and Peni would be cool but I don’t need them.

On the other hand, Kitty is obviously nuts, Nimrod is a stupid good mutant counter, Anti-Venom has a ton of utility I need, and Knull is, well…Knull. I just want him because I want him

Plus we’ll have the Eternals champs, and movie tie-ins tend to be at least half decent. Plus I would not be surprised is Ghost Rider and Hyperion are in there. Ghost Rider I’m not fussed about but I used my 5/65 Hyperion a ton in 7.3, even though I run suicides, so I’m much more interested in getting the 6*

Plus there will hopefully be a better sub-featured pool, like Omega, Claire, Warlock etc
    edited October 2021

I’m currently saving all my shards for the next featured in January.

The only champs I’m really interested in from this featured are Herc, Diablo and Torch. Medusa and Peni would be cool but I don’t need them.

On the other hand, Kitty is obviously nuts, Nimrod is a stupid good mutant counter, Anti-Venom has a ton of utility I need, and Knull is, well…Knull. I just want him because I want him

Plus we’ll have the Eternals champs, and movie tie-ins tend to be at least half decent. Plus I would not be surprised is Ghost Rider and Hyperion are in there. Ghost Rider I’m not fussed about but I used my 5/65 Hyperion a ton in 7.3, even though I run suicides, so I’m much more interested in getting the 6*

Plus there will hopefully be a better sub-featured pool, like Omega, Claire, Warlock etc

Already have those potential sub feat champs you listed at the bottom, but missing both torch/diablo, but they were a little stingy in only including 2 in this crystal. But that 2 happen to be close to being top of their entire class so it makes it difficult to know if you should go for the featured vs basic. Good monetizing tactic.

Polygon said:

Already ran it through a calculator, getting this featured is worth more for my account than basics.
    And I hate arena so chances I'll have enough units for the cyber generic gem is 0.

The 14 crystals for me don't feel like too big an investment because I was saving shards since Peni deep dive. I'd rather target newer champs in featured since the chances of getting them in the basic pool is painful
    How many champs you have/need from the basic?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    6* Featured
    DrZola said:

Sudden case of cold feet for me. I’ve decided to pop a basic today and wait for the buildup of shards from the Knull quest, 7.3.6 completion and Cav EQ.

What changed? Just a crush of bad featured pulls paradin across chats and ally feed and the thought of getting one of the 65% of featured champs that would be utterly deflating.

Basic deflation is far less painful.

Dr. Zola

As an arena grinder I'll be okay with any of them, but I think 50% would be good to pull in general. Herc is obvious, Peni has some interesting utility (and if nothing else you can always place her on defense to annoy people), and @Karatemike415 has been flying the S2099 flag for a while now. When I use S2099 it resembles a Rhino trying to play basketball, but apparently he's pretty good if you look at him correctly (Spider2099, not Mike).