UPDATE: A new Hotfix (v32.2.3) is now being released to address this issue. Please keep an eye on your App Store for this update to address the below issue.

We are currently experiencing an Error when Summoners view a Champion’s Synergies while in the Champion Selection screen in Arenas and Duels. We are aware of this issue and are working on a Hotfix to address it. In the meantime, please avoid using the synergy menu to prevent this error and crash. We apologize for this inconvenience. Updates will be posted here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/293506/error-when-looking-at-synergies-from-champion-selection-screen

Are you going for the 6* featured or sticking with the basic ?

1356

Comments

  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,889 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    DNA3000 said:

    DrZola said:

    Sudden case of cold feet for me. I’ve decided to pop a basic today and wait for the buildup of shards from the Knull quest, 7.3.6 completion and Cav EQ.

    What changed? Just a crush of bad featured pulls paradin across chats and ally feed and the thought of getting one of the 65% of featured champs that would be utterly deflating.

    Basic deflation is far less painful.

    Dr. Zola

    As an arena grinder I'll be okay with any of them, but I think 50% would be good to pull in general. Herc is obvious, Peni has some interesting utility (and if nothing else you can always place her on defense to annoy people), and @Karatemike415 has been flying the S2099 flag for a while now. When I use S2099 it resembles a Rhino trying to play basketball, but apparently he's pretty good if you look at him correctly (Spider2099, not Mike).
    Well, cold feet turned into an OGIM skin. So I’m back on the featured bandwagon. I’ve got Cav EQ to knock out as well as Kang, plus the Knull event shards. So I should be able to hit a few of them by end of month.

    Dr. Zola
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,196 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

    I’m currently saving all my shards for the next featured in January.

    The only champs I’m really interested in from this featured are Herc, Diablo and Torch. Medusa and Peni would be cool but I don’t need them.

    On the other hand, Kitty is obviously nuts, Nimrod is a stupid good mutant counter, Anti-Venom has a ton of utility I need, and Knull is, well…Knull. I just want him because I want him

    Plus we’ll have the Eternals champs, and movie tie-ins tend to be at least half decent. Plus I would not be surprised is Ghost Rider and Hyperion are in there. Ghost Rider I’m not fussed about but I used my 5/65 Hyperion a ton in 7.3, even though I run suicides, so I’m much more interested in getting the 6*

    Plus there will hopefully be a better sub-featured pool, like Omega, Claire, Warlock etc

    Already have those potential sub feat champs you listed at the bottom, but missing both torch/diablo, but they were a little stingy in only including 2 in this crystal. But that 2 happen to be close to being top of their entire class so it makes it difficult to know if you should go for the featured vs basic. Good monetizing tactic.

    Polygon said:

    I prob will stick with basics since herc gets added to the basic in 5 weeks on Nov 30th.

    Used that rational to open a crystal last night

    Got Rhino. Ya win some, ya lose some.

    Hercules won’t be in the basic pool until January 2022 lol

    Sticking with featured til I dupe Hercules.
    14 in and pulled both Hercules and Peni, got and duped Chavez and nebula who's got a pretty good base for a buff and duped iceman.

    Still want Torch, Herc dupe, diablo dupe and sp2099 but if I I dupe Hercules next featured is looking like a much better investment

    How many targeted champs you missing from the basic? Could also wait for cyber weekend, would probably have a generic gem. 14 crystals is a lot of shards to drop to still be missing those champs you’re seeking.
    Already ran it through a calculator, getting this featured is worth more for my account than basics.
    And I hate arena so chances I'll have enough units for the cyber generic gem is 0.

    The 14 crystals for me don't feel like too big an investment because I was saving shards since Peni deep dive. I'd rather target newer champs in featured since the chances of getting them in the basic pool is painful
    How many champs you have/need from the basic?
    About 30 something champs I'd like to pull from the basics which doesn't end up being enough to prioritize over the current amount I want from the featured.

    I'd even be surprised if the next featured isn't also better for my account considering 4/4 known champs already look good to me
  • CotziCotzi Posts: 90
    6* Basic
    Think about it, you either get og daredevil for 10k shards or 15k shards
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 2,066 ★★★★★
    Ended up biting the bullet and going for a third featured despite the first two being absolute horrendous pulls and got this guy.



    Now that I have him, I’m still missing torch and herc. Obviously people hitting this featured are mainly targeting herc, torch, and diablo. My question is those that pulled one of these champs, are you still continuing to go for it?

    I don’t run suicides so the diablo dupe isn’t that much of a reason to convince me. But one thing I’m trying to factor in, and a lot of you might not have considered this is, in case I should keep opening the feats at a chance for herc prior to the cyber monday unit deals. They had a 10 champ 2020 nexus last time, and I’m assuming that might return. The only problem is the other option of the deal was one for r4 materials, so ideally it would be better to have Herc before to make that decision easier to make. Having to pick between a high chance to get herc or even kitty versus r4 materials might be a little difficult
  • Arbrowe91Arbrowe91 Posts: 28
    6* Featured


    Not going to complain also got s 2099 and awakened him
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,807 Guardian
    6* Featured
    Pull #4: War Machine. Not the best, but also not bad. Interesting pre-fights and some interesting abilities. Have absolutely no idea how to play him, but probably worth learning.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 4,172 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    I got Medusa and G2099 from earlier pulls. Hoping to dupe them.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 2,066 ★★★★★

    I got Medusa and G2099 from earlier pulls. Hoping to dupe them.

    You mean s99?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 2,931 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    I am sitting on ca. 25 6*s, I pulled some bangers from the basics and there are more and more attractive options with every buff. Rn, I have all the top 5*s and paired with some of the best 6*s, I am now looking for less known champs. For ex rn my most desired is Odin. I just wanna play him, he looks great, even if my 6* CGR and VP are better.

    For the new champs I open 5* featured. That way I get the new ones to try at high rating, but without the burden of them being 6* (for ex. Purgatory, nice to have as 5*, but if I had a 6* I wouldn't be very happy)
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 4,172 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Just awakened my Miles Morales.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,807 Guardian
    6* Featured
    Pull #5: Spider-Man 2099. I guess I need to learn how to play him now.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 374 ★★
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

    Ended up biting the bullet and going for a third featured despite the first two being absolute horrendous pulls and got this guy.



    Now that I have him, I’m still missing torch and herc. Obviously people hitting this featured are mainly targeting herc, torch, and diablo. My question is those that pulled one of these champs, are you still continuing to go for it?

    I don’t run suicides so the diablo dupe isn’t that much of a reason to convince me. But one thing I’m trying to factor in, and a lot of you might not have considered this is, in case I should keep opening the feats at a chance for herc prior to the cyber monday unit deals. They had a 10 champ 2020 nexus last time, and I’m assuming that might return. The only problem is the other option of the deal was one for r4 materials, so ideally it would be better to have Herc before to make that decision easier to make. Having to pick between a high chance to get herc or even kitty versus r4 materials might be a little difficult

    For me, I got one of my top targets (HT), duped my Rogue (not great obviously), and Rags (solid). Given the number I still want (Herc, Penny, dupe for my Diablo, other solid dups that would help - MM, VP, Nebula, and now Rags and HT) the math is still better for the featured, at least for me. So, I plan to keep pulling it from the black market ISO store every two weeks.
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 124
    6* Featured
    I've pulled 9 so far and I still plan to go on. So far it's been First time pulls of Penni, Overseer, Cesar Chavez and Cyclops. First time dupes of Diablo, venompool, Ragnagod and Gamora. Nebula is the only multi-awakened champ so far. Mainly chasing Herc dupe and torch, but I'll take anything that's new or a first time awakening.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 2,066 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    Pull #5: Spider-Man 2099. I guess I need to learn how to play him now.

    Nice your luck has been great

    Polygon said:

    Ended up biting the bullet and going for a third featured despite the first two being absolute horrendous pulls and got this guy.





    Now that I have him, I’m still missing torch and herc. Obviously people hitting this featured are mainly targeting herc, torch, and diablo. My question is those that pulled one of these champs, are you still continuing to go for it?

    I don’t run suicides so the diablo dupe isn’t that much of a reason to convince me. But one thing I’m trying to factor in, and a lot of you might not have considered this is, in case I should keep opening the feats at a chance for herc prior to the cyber monday unit deals. They had a 10 champ 2020 nexus last time, and I’m assuming that might return. The only problem is the other option of the deal was one for r4 materials, so ideally it would be better to have Herc before to make that decision easier to make. Having to pick between a high chance to get herc or even kitty versus r4 materials might be a little difficult

    For me, I got one of my top targets (HT), duped my Rogue (not great obviously), and Rags (solid). Given the number I still want (Herc, Penny, dupe for my Diablo, other solid dups that would help - MM, VP, Nebula, and now Rags and HT) the math is still better for the featured, at least for me. So, I plan to keep pulling it from the black market ISO store every two weeks.
    Since you’re targetting diablo dupe, Do you run suicides ?

    If i count duped diablo as a W (mainly if you run suicides), my odds are exactly even with basic pool odds since I ended up duping venompool from a cosmic eclipse cav.

    I guess another factor I’m considering is that I got 100 generic sigs in inventory, so really need a champ worth dumping those into. The odds of getting someone worth that in the basic is pretty low as its mainly just beardo, aegon, ghost, etc maybe diablo, whereas featured has herc which is a stellar sig 200 and 1/24 chance sounds much better than any of those in the basic
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,889 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Three pulls in and waiting on Sigil to roll over for #4.

    Results:
    1) Gamora dupe
    2) Iceman
    3) War Machine

    Bad pulls? No, but also not game-changing. War Machine has some solid pre-fights and my tech lineup is thin at 6*. Iceman is a trophy of sorts, and Gamora could be decent if she eventually gets a little synergy help from other GotG tuneups.

    Dr. Zola
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 258 ★★
    6* Basic
    Last 5 pulls
    Feature 1 - Gamora
    Feature 2 - Rogue
    Basic - Sorcerer Supreme (Awaken)
    Feature 3 - War Machine (Awaken) - yesterday
    Feature 4 - Spidey 2099 - today

    Not sure what o will do next time. Don’t have great Tech champs and thinking of taking WM to R3. Would be 1st Tech R3
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,849 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    So I've only had 2 attempts at the featured
    1st. Spidey 2099
    2nd. Hercules

    I think I'll carry on with the featured, I'd love to awaken both herc & spidey 2099, but I also really want to quit whilst I'm ahead... This is the first time ever I've actually gotten something from a featured pool that wasn't trash.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 755 ★★★
    6* Featured
    As I currently have the Sigil I’m going for the featured 6*
    So far I have pulled GwenPool and Gamora…
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 374 ★★
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

    DNA3000 said:

    Pull #5: Spider-Man 2099. I guess I need to learn how to play him now.

    Nice your luck has been great

    Polygon said:

    Ended up biting the bullet and going for a third featured despite the first two being absolute horrendous pulls and got this guy.





    Now that I have him, I’m still missing torch and herc. Obviously people hitting this featured are mainly targeting herc, torch, and diablo. My question is those that pulled one of these champs, are you still continuing to go for it?

    I don’t run suicides so the diablo dupe isn’t that much of a reason to convince me. But one thing I’m trying to factor in, and a lot of you might not have considered this is, in case I should keep opening the feats at a chance for herc prior to the cyber monday unit deals. They had a 10 champ 2020 nexus last time, and I’m assuming that might return. The only problem is the other option of the deal was one for r4 materials, so ideally it would be better to have Herc before to make that decision easier to make. Having to pick between a high chance to get herc or even kitty versus r4 materials might be a little difficult

    For me, I got one of my top targets (HT), duped my Rogue (not great obviously), and Rags (solid). Given the number I still want (Herc, Penny, dupe for my Diablo, other solid dups that would help - MM, VP, Nebula, and now Rags and HT) the math is still better for the featured, at least for me. So, I plan to keep pulling it from the black market ISO store every two weeks.
    Since you’re targetting diablo dupe, Do you run suicides ?

    If i count duped diablo as a W (mainly if you run suicides), my odds are exactly even with basic pool odds since I ended up duping venompool from a cosmic eclipse cav.

    I guess another factor I’m considering is that I got 100 generic sigs in inventory, so really need a champ worth dumping those into. The odds of getting someone worth that in the basic is pretty low as its mainly just beardo, aegon, ghost, etc maybe diablo, whereas featured has herc which is a stellar sig 200 and 1/24 chance sounds much better than any of those in the basic
    @Polygon I’m in the process of unlocking suicides - with Diablo being a key reason. That said, I’m looking for the dupe so that he is at least somewhat more effective when I’m NOT running suicides.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,636 ★★★★★
    Well my last few 6*’s have all been Rhino dupe SupIM, Ms Marvel, CapAmerica and IP. So I won’t be opening them till I can open 5* at a time. I’d rather be disappointed alm at once than every month.
  • RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 250 ★★★
    6* Featured
    Featured. So many champs that will help get my account to the point I want it to be. I've already pulled Hercules from it, but I need the dupe. Other characters I really want are:

    Torch
    Diablo
    Peni
    S2099
    Thrags
    Nebula
    War Machine
    Venompool.


    That's a large chance to get a champ I will be happy with. I think it's worth the extra shards.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,889 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    DrZola said:

    Three pulls in and waiting on Sigil to roll over for #4.

    Results:
    1) Gamora dupe
    2) Iceman
    3) War Machine

    Bad pulls? No, but also not game-changing. War Machine has some solid pre-fights and my tech lineup is thin at 6*. Iceman is a trophy of sorts, and Gamora could be decent if she eventually gets a little synergy help from other GotG tuneups.

    Dr. Zola

    I can add an additional Gamora dupe as my feature attempt No. 4. Softened a bit by a basic that resulted in 6* Emma, but I confess to a sinking feeling with respect to my featured prospects.

    Dr. Zola
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 3,856 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    I am going to continue going for the featured
    I got 4 new champs and that's much better than pulling the stuff from the basic
    Also, I can't hoard
    So far:
    X-23, Medusa, Overseer, America Chavez
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 1,110 ★★★★
    Both. There are champs I need for my 6* roster in both.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 2,066 ★★★★★
    Just gonna throw this out there to anyone targeting specific 2021 champs in this feat, cyber monday might have a 10 champ nexus, you might be able to save shards going for basics , if you hoard all shards until the deals hit. We had it last july 4. The only issue is , it did have an alternative offer where you got r4 mats instead
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 207 ★★★
    6* Featured
    I have been saving up since 4th of July weekend and went for 13 featured crystals. 11 are pictured here. The two not pictured were Hercules and Guillotine. I would say this is the best luck I have ever had with crystals.

  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,196 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Zeraphan said:

    I have been saving up since 4th of July weekend and went for 13 featured crystals. 11 are pictured here. The two not pictured were Hercules and Guillotine. I would say this is the best luck I have ever had with crystals.

    Actually disgusting luck
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,849 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    Okay so tried a 3rd got rogue.. not mad it's a new champ. Should have a 4th after V8 I'll drop what I get here
Sign In or Register to comment.