**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Brian Grant - I love you man, but here's why Kabam use Time as scoring factor in Summoner Showdown

Comments

• Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

BinkPlayz said:

the problem is that fight time should've ONLY been a factor if both competitors got the fight down. not as a get killed quick to win strategy

If your strategy is to get killed quick I don't think you'll be winning many matches that way. What if your opponent can take the defender down with no health lost?
    How many fights were there in which attacker lost no health?
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★

I am more concerned if this game mode is only for suicide players. I don't run suicides, should I even bother playing it if I am at such disadvantage? There should be an option to ban suicides to level the playing field.

How about if this game mode bans you!!!. And only you. The nerve of some people....
    Also, if you watched the matches and thought suicides where a good idea to have, you are an (//guess what you are).
    This game mode is like high level AW, but instead of alliance vs alliance, battlegroup vs battlegroup, it's 1v1. People place defenders without suicides in high level AW and this mode doesnt give you the chance to switch masteries between defense and offense.
    So, this game mode is for non-suicides users actually, and as a suicide user in the AW offseason I want all you non-suicide users banned :)). Which brings us back o my first thought: ban you @Colonaut123 .
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★

Player A : Deals 10 % health in 20 seconds and instantly dies.

Player B : deals 10% health in 18 seconds, but does not die for another 2 minute but only manages to do 1% more health due to nodes

Who should win by applying the slightest amount of logic? With Kabams scoring, Player A wins

Yeah and so he should.

What's player B doing standing around for 2 more minutes and only taking 1% health?

What's Player A supposed to do? He's got wives and kids to feed, he doesn't have time to be waiting and waiting.

Moreover it's 2min + + in real time due to loading time, plus if Play B is using an Android Phone it's gonna take longer. It could ended up being more like a 4-5 minutes wait.
    Umm.... I don't know what do you think Android phones are but ....2 mins is 2mins anywhere on Earth

~ITNT

Don't know what happened there but I wrote only the last paragraph....

~ITNT
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    There has to be an error somewhere with this designs cos it defies all logic unless there’s an angle we’re not aware of from Kabam. I’d be happy to know what they were thinking 😆. I doubt though it’d be something insightful.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I lost count of the disagrees you got on this post including your comments.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    The idea that time is a consideration in a loss is hilarious. Ending a fight more quickly is only a viable tie breaker when both competitors win, it's possibly the stupidest tie breaker when both players lose. The fact that wasn't taken into consideration beforehand is pretty funny.
  • Options
    ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103

I totally agree that the players should get points for KOing the opponent faster and that there should be a fight time limit, but it shouldn't give as many points as it does as many champions in the game encourage slow play/take time to get into their damage while still being viable options for a fight. It would be quite boring if both of you KOed the opponent but just because you kamikazed with Herc or Nick or Corvus, you win despite your opponent playing more skillfully and having more health than you

This is where I am too. It might be an unpopular opinion, but I am not opposed to having shorter fights have some bearing on the score. It just has to be a much smaller impact than how it was used in the tournament. Whether that is toning it down by 8x or 10x, or have it give you time points that are a function of the damage dealt instead of it being a separate metric (this would let the Attacker Instant-KO scenario give 0% of available time points).
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Time scoring is stupid, it should only be a tie breaker in case both attackers KO the defender, dieing before the other person should not give u more points SPECIALLY with super masochism and regen nodes.
    This an example of how Kabam has been doing lately... Have a good idea but execute halfway.
    How is dieing before your opponent gonna give u more points on a fight with regen nodes?!
    How is a SP3 special skip button not tested that when it goes live it glitches AFTER an SP3?
    If only they had testers...
  • Options
    RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    Time should be used as a tie breaker and that's it. No way you should be able to do significantly more damage and lose.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    When you disagree with Brian Grant you’re just asking for a disagree button.

Hey, maybe you’re right but that’s just what YT does to people
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Wow. 111 disagrees on OP. Is this a record?