**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Are you guys joking with this side quest design

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Ercarret said:

I actually found this week a lot more fun than the last one. Tigra and Doom cleared almost the entire quest by themselves. I only had to bring in another counter for the middle lane.

But that middle lane... The problem with it is that it required entirely other champions than the other opponents (and the boss). Sure, I got down Super-Skrull with Doom at 100% health but it was an incredibly drawn-out fight where I landed on way over 100+ hits (with none taken). Korg and Terrax, meanwhile, just ate potions and revives like there was no tomorrow. Korg was a pretty straightforward fight with Bishop but my man still died in the end, just from attrition. Terrax, meanwhile, was just...bad. It eventually boiled down to another superlong fight where I went into him quickly to get a few armor breaks on me that I could Willpower heal from, then back out again to let his rock field dissipate, and then get a few hits in before having to do it all again. Not necessarily an incredibly difficult fight (even if Terrax is never "easy") but more of a long and really boring slog.

I did, however, actually enjoy the Annihilus fight. I usually don't because he's extremely annoying, but Tigra had a field day with him. If she ever fell, Doom could easily kick down whatever health was left.

But overall? I haven't enjoyed these last two weeks' SQ too much. I've had the right counters for both weeks so it hasn't been a total write-off, but the immense health pools are just so grindy to get through.

I navigated the middle with Doom, Claire and Namor. Claire handled Skrull and Terrax, Namor handled Korg. Boss handled by committee.

Left lane I’m starting over. Clean up to Mojo, then wipeout. Probably should have brought Torch instead of Claire and I certainly didn’t try my 3* Ikaris there.

I refuse to use any items for this even if it means I don’t 100% it.

Dr. Zola
    I was thinking of bringing Namor and I kind of regret that I didn't, but then again, I didn't really have space for him. Being able to stun Korg easily is such an important part of defeating him that it was worth taking in Bishop. Unfortunately, he wasn't as good at taking down Terrax as I'd hoped he'd be and I was left without a good counter since I wanted both Doom and Tigra on the team for Annihilus.

And the Ikaris/Sersi requirement is such BS. I don't really care about only having two viable champs, especially since those two lanes were the easiest for me, but it's still just a silly, annoying design. It serves no purpose.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    My R3 6* SS against Legendary Terrax was a bit of a slog. Took me 153 hits to get him down. That was just one fight. This path is a bit overturned.
  • Options
    GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    I used R3 Stryfe R3 Apoc, R2 cable for Terrax. Easy peasy. Stryfe made easy work of Annie, hit his block while unstoppable to stun him and nullify it.
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,432 ★★★★
    Yeah the increase in difficulty is ridiculous. I get that the whales love difficult quest but why not just add another tier especially for them . Just our throne breaker difficulty and let the rest of us have a game we can actually enjoy like normal people
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,377 ★★★★★
    It's too much. For what it is.
  • Options
    WrathbertWrathbert Posts: 96
    edited November 2021
    Yeah, I'm Cavalier and can barely get through Epic difficulty on this week's. I'm not saying I'm good at the game or anything, but I've cleared Epic difficulty on all other side quests going back to last year when I was just Uncollected, so that should be saying something.

Luckily I had Magneto for the robot quest last week, but this week's is killing me. It seems like everyone who clears it has either BWCV or Doom and I have niether.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I thought it was OK. All very annoying defenders but doable with 5/65. I messed up a couple of times and restarted the path. Ended up not using any revives. Honestly, I wouldn’t touch it. There are four difficulties for a reason. Legendary should have at least cavalier+ level of challenge.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

Berjibs said:

Diablord said:

Berjibs said:

@Ethereality that’s just not true, that blade fight was easy if you understood the nodes. Domino demolished him for eg. Sorcerer too.

Actually thought it was a good fight design myself…

Again -
    You named a few characters, not every character.
    Monthly event quest is supposed to be an easy 3 chapter content that mainly focuses on story content.
    Some fights can be tricky, such as the ikaris in this EQ. Ikaris, is tough but does not need very specific counters.
    Blade needed specific counters.
    206 characters but only 10-20 could beat him without Unit Man.
    I wouldn't even go that far to say that 20 could do it, definetely less . Only AA could do it easily, almost effortlessly . If numbers and luck were on your side, other AAR champs such as Domino, duped high sig BW, Taskmaster, Ronin or Psychoman could have a shot too . As mentioned before Sorcerer too but other than AA, downing him had a lot to do with luck because the way the nodes were designed to interact with Blade's abilities. I don't remember the details but it really didn't have much to do with lifecycle itself ( that is well known how to counter) the problem was that due to the nodes, if Blade threw an sp in an inconvenient time ( which happened like 98% of the time) then you were back to square one... or something along the lines of that... don't remember exactly but can look it up for you if you want. Only a 100% AAR champ would completely take luck out of the equation, so that meant a duped 112 sig AA.

The point remains though. Nothing about that Sadistic Blade design changes anything about the point of this thread, it just reinforces it actually.
    The blade fight is only a good example of people not understanding and consequently complaining about a relatively simple fight.

He had lifecycle, power alternator, unblockable specials (you and him), that one where you have to keep doing heavy attacks to maintain normal damage and lastly powershield.

The last three nodes all help you as forcing you to do heavy attacks increases the lifecycle grey sheild duration by knocking him down and the unblockable specials makes it easy to hit him while the grey shield is up. It also makes it easy to expend your power before he steals it as you don’t have to be actively in a combo or wait for an opening to connect a special. Lastly all your specials do 400% damage.

So all you had to do was, parry + heavy attacks and ideally spend your unblockable and ideally projectile sp1 as soon as you got it so he couldn’t steal your power and throw his sp2.

There are nearly 100 champs with projectile sp1. You don’t even need that though you can dash forwards and throw a normal sp1 as he is getting up from a heavy, just needed to be a long enough one that the duration outlasts the time taken for the lifecycle shield to go grey. I use this tactic all the time with colossus and OML on that node for eg.

This whole 10 champs, need AA reduction is nonsense. Domino did it well as she has class advantage and a decent projectile special.

The only hard thing once you understand the fight is maybe consistently dexing his sp1 but this was cav eq not master…it’s quite a simple one to deal with.

Agree with pretty much all else you posted though. 👍

Nope, because even if you you had the skill to spam the heavy to bring the lifecycle window up, the fact was that Blade healing from power+ power switch+ Damage only possible with sp + Blade unblockable sp ...meant that if the AI wouldn't cooperate ( as in Blade throwing or not throwing his sp when YOU wanted/needed him to do it) you were pretty much dead. Why is it that you cant see that the whole power switch thingy made it so that the AI needed to be accommodating enough for everything to fall into place, in the very exact right moment you needed it to fall into place, just so you could to beat it, otherwise you were screwed. That is what I mean about luck.

Anyway no point on beating on a dead horse. The facts behind the points in this whole thread still remain.
    You are meant to use champions with a preferably hard hitting sp1 and bait Blade's sp1. Add parry heavy to that and it's a fairly simple fight. You are making it out as if spamming parry heavy is mammoth task when it isn't. You are making it out as if Blade does nothing but hold block to regen when he doesn't. Unblockable special meant that you could throw YOUR special whenever you wanted to drain your power before power switch meaning it was fairly easy to control your power and the power you give through power switch.

I soloed with Colossus every time. It was one of the better bosses in cav eq as a whole.
    Nope, and your post just confirms what I have been saying all along. It does so in two major ways:

1- This line " You are meant to use champions with a preferably hard hitting sp1 and bait Blade's sp1" is key. I tried doing so back them more often than not, Blade WOULDNT THROW HIS SP1 WHEN I NEEDED HIM TO, EVEN IF I DID ALL I COULD TO BAIT IT. That right there is the problem. I'm happy that you had the luck of him biting your bait, but I didn't.

2- You and @Berjibs basically wrote a treatise, a pages long friggin book on how to beat that Blade, AND THAT IN ITSELF IS TELLING TO THE POINT OF THIS WHOLE THREAD. Such intricate/specific fights SHOULD NOT HAPPEN on monthly quests that are not meant to be/considered as Endgame content. By all means Kabam, put these kinds of fights in your Summer of Pains and your Gauntlets (once you fix the current input bugs, that is) but keep them far away from SQ and EQ and other non-endgame content.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

Berjibs said:

Diablord said:

Berjibs said:

@Ethereality that’s just not true, that blade fight was easy if you understood the nodes. Domino demolished him for eg. Sorcerer too.

Again -
    Monthly event quest is supposed to be an easy 3 chapter content that mainly focuses on story content.
    Some fights can be tricky, such as the ikaris in this EQ. Ikaris, is tough but does not need very specific counters.
    I wouldn't even go that far to say that 20 could do it, definetely less . Only AA could do it easily, almost effortlessly . If numbers and luck were on your side, other AAR champs such as Domino, duped high sig BW, Taskmaster, Ronin or Psychoman could have a shot too . As mentioned before Sorcerer too but other than AA, downing him had a lot to do with luck because the way the nodes were designed to interact with Blade's abilities. I don't remember the details but it really didn't have much to do with lifecycle itself ( that is well known how to counter) the problem was that due to the nodes, if Blade threw an sp in an inconvenient time ( which happened like 98% of the time) then you were back to square one... or something along the lines of that... don't remember exactly but can look it up for you if you want. Only a 100% AAR champ would completely take luck out of the equation, so that meant a duped 112 sig AA.

The point remains though. Nothing about that Sadistic Blade design changes anything about the point of this thread, it just reinforces it actually.
    The blade fight is only a good example of people not understanding and consequently complaining about a relatively simple fight.

He had lifecycle, power alternator, unblockable specials (you and him), that one where you have to keep doing heavy attacks to maintain normal damage and lastly powershield.

The last three nodes all help you as forcing you to do heavy attacks increases the lifecycle grey sheild duration by knocking him down and the unblockable specials makes it easy to hit him while the grey shield is up. It also makes it easy to expend your power before he steals it as you don’t have to be actively in a combo or wait for an opening to connect a special. Lastly all your specials do 400% damage.

So all you had to do was, parry + heavy attacks and ideally spend your unblockable and ideally projectile sp1 as soon as you got it so he couldn’t steal your power and throw his sp2.

There are nearly 100 champs with projectile sp1. You don’t even need that though you can dash forwards and throw a normal sp1 as he is getting up from a heavy, just needed to be a long enough one that the duration outlasts the time taken for the lifecycle shield to go grey. I use this tactic all the time with colossus and OML on that node for eg.

This whole 10 champs, need AA reduction is nonsense. Domino did it well as she has class advantage and a decent projectile special.

The only hard thing once you understand the fight is maybe consistently dexing his sp1 but this was cav eq not master…it’s quite a simple one to deal with.

Nope, because even if you you had the skill to spam the heavy to bring the lifecycle window up, the fact was that Blade healing from power+ power switch+ Damage only possible with sp + Blade unblockable sp ...meant that if the AI wouldn't cooperate ( as in Blade throwing or not throwing his sp when YOU wanted/needed him to do it) you were pretty much dead. Why is it that you cant see that the whole power switch thingy made it so that the AI needed to be accommodating enough for everything to fall into place, in the very exact right moment you needed it to fall into place, just so you could to beat it, otherwise you were screwed. That is what I mean about luck.

Anyway no point on beating on a dead horse. The facts behind the points in this whole thread still remain.
    You are meant to use champions with a preferably hard hitting sp1 and bait Blade's sp1. Add parry heavy to that and it's a fairly simple fight. You are making it out as if spamming parry heavy is mammoth task when it isn't. You are making it out as if Blade does nothing but hold block to regen when he doesn't. Unblockable special meant that you could throw YOUR special whenever you wanted to drain your power before power switch meaning it was fairly easy to control your power and the power you give through power switch.

I soloed with Colossus every time. It was one of the better bosses in cav eq as a whole.
    Nope, and your post just confirms what I have been saying all along. It does so in two major ways:

1- This line " You are meant to use champions with a preferably hard hitting sp1 and bait Blade's sp1" is key. I tried doing so back them more often than not, Blade WOULDNT THROW HIS SP1 WHEN I NEEDED HIM TO, EVEN IF I DID ALL I COULD TO BAIT IT. That right there is the problem. I'm happy that you had the luck of him biting your bait, but I didn't.

2- You and @Berjibs basically wrote a treatise, a pages long friggin book on how to beat that Blade, AND THAT IN ITSELF IS TELLING TO THE POINT OF THIS WHOLE THREAD. Such intricate/specific fights SHOULD NOT HAPPEN on monthly quests that are not meant to be/considered as Endgame content. By all means Kabam, put these kinds of fights in your Summer of Pains and your Gauntlets (once you fix the current input bugs, that is) but keep them far away from SQ and EQ and other non-endgame content.
    1) You are extrapolating a special situation of yours and taking it as base. There are plenty of solos of him with champs like Red Hulk using this very method.

2) I wrote a long response to explain how you were wrong about the fight. The core of the fight is pretty simple (heavy sometimes, use sp1, bait sp1). That ain't a pages long book.

I'm one of the people who struggled through SOP and didn't have the roster for many bosses without using revives and even I soloed him with Colossus.

Your only point against this fight is that the AI could be passive which allright, fair enough could happen. However that doesn't mean it's an intricate/specific fight meant only in endgame content. That's like saying Bane is only for endgame content. That's pretty much saying any timer based node shouldn't belong in SQ,EQ and other non-endgame content when it should.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

Berjibs said:

Diablord said:

Berjibs said:

Again -

1) You are extrapolating a special situation of yours and taking it as base. There are plenty of solos of him with champs like Red Hulk using this very method.

2) I wrote a long response to explain how you were wrong about the fight. The core of the fight is pretty simple (heavy sometimes, use sp1, bait sp1). That ain't a pages long book.

I'm one of the people who struggled through SOP and didn't have the roster for many bosses without using revives and even I soloed him with Colossus.

Your only point against this fight is that the AI could be passive which allright, fair enough could happen. However that doesn't mean it's an intricate/specific fight meant only in endgame content. That's like saying Bane is only for endgame content. That's pretty much saying any timer based node shouldn't belong in SQ,EQ and other non-endgame content when it should.
    Again the same, looking at the big picture and missing the details ( the devil's in the details) that make it so if YOU beat the fight without AA but with Collosus, it was because it so happened that YOU , yes besides having a good skill at playing the game, you also happened to be lucky enough for the stars to perfectly align most of the time you needed them to align.

I'll explain it one more time more in detail and this is really gonna be my last word about, no point on beating the dead horse even further.

Let's take your " The core of the fight is pretty simple (heavy sometimes, use sp1, bait sp1)" line. Yep, sounds simple enough... until you mix in the fact that Blade had Vampiric Immortality, which coupled with that power switch node made it so that you needed for the stars to align for everything to work out. Why you say? Well because you needed him to throw sp1 in order for you to be able to have a sp1 to begin with right, so let's examine that " beat him with a ranged sp1 champ " scenario that you make it sound so easy ( because you are conveniently forgetting Vampiric Immortality):

You push him just to one bar of power , and bait and wait hoping he will throw sp1. But alas, Vampiric Immortality made it so that he would eat up his own power to heal himself, so you only had a few seconds of him being at one bar before he ate some of it and went below one bar, after that couldn't throw an sp1 anymore. Add that to the fact that your "beat him with a ranged sp1 " NEEDED him to throw an sp1 not only on the very small window when he had one bar (before Vampiric Immortality took that away) BUT ALSO THIS NEEDED TO HAPPEN AT THE SAME TIME YOU HAD THAT VERY SMALL LIFECYCLE WINDOW OPEN to be able to KO' him. So if the stars didn't align favorably for you, you were either dead or back to square one.

The reason why Sym or BWCV made it all a bit easier was because they could nullify the heal so you had more chances for this to happen before he was healed up, but still the perfect star alignment condition needed to be fulfilled.

Dude, I am genuinely happy for you that his fight didn't give you any headaches, I truly am. But what you are saying about me taking my own experience and extrapolating it as it if was everyone else's experience, well you are doing exactly the same. You are assuming that everyone else happened to have the same amount of luck you had by having the stars aligned exactly when you needed them to be aligned.

And that's the end of the discussion on my end, you may choose to continue it but I wont answer cuz there is no point on me proving my point any further. And the fact that it all adds fuel to the fire of this thread still remains, so there's that.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Please test the game