**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation for BI 8 Variant Difficulty Issues [Merged Threads]

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in General Discussion

I used 5 of each of these on the Xpool boss and I get one of each back. 20% of what I used. Kabam you cannot be that cheap.

Comments

• Was waiting for someone to mention this… two bugged/unintended boss fights = one revive and a health potion, obviously (sarcasm)
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    The compensation is a joke. And how about parry compensation for single player event?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Got 3 of each. Only fought deadpooloid and deadpool x-force prior to the changes
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I got that too and I used nothing on dpx. Saw he was bugged lost my team went nah I'll wait till fixed. Did him after the fix. Don't know how they worked out who got what as I didn't deserve any and people who potted through did.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★

The wording in the text makes it seem like this is solely for the venonpool boss being too hard. Does that mean we have more coming for the DPX boss being bugged? There’s no way that this can cut it for both considering there was a major bug and a horribly made fight that cost people tons of revives

Can't be as I didn't make it to vp before bug was fixed as I bailed at dpx till fixed.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Hey all,

This is not based on the number of Items you personally used, but the average difference between what people sued before and after. Summoners still used potions and revives on this fight after the Fix went live, and this is based on what the data we collected shows for the difference.

Is this just for the venompool boss or also for the major DPX bug?

Hey all,

This is not based on the number of Items you personally used, but the average difference between what people sued before and after. Summoners still used potions and revives on this fight after the Fix went live, and this is based on what the data we collected shows for the difference.

What if no one would have finished?

What if most of the people who completed before are top skilled players with r4 champions?
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    I got 4x4
    Ebony_Naw said:

AlexBossu said:

Hey all,

What if no one would have finished?

What if most of the people who completed before are top skilled players with r4 champions?
    How many people do you know ranking up mercs to r4?
    Did they beat venompool with mercs or apocalypse?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    I haven't even attempted V8 yet, but seems to me like you guys need to take another look at how you're evaluating your data. There were folks in my alliance who used more than 1 revive on some of your bugged boss fights.
  • DjmagsDjmags Posts: 115
    Absolute joke, yet again..
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited November 2021

Hey all,

I appreciate this is the way it was done for the SoP as well, but that method by design short changes half of the people who did it.

If the average was 1 revive extra then that means 50% used less than 1 revive extra and 50% used more than 1 revive extra. The method of compensation here immediately gives 50% of players less than they used.

Is it possible for you to explain the decision here to not say, “ok why don’t we go for the 75th percentile, just to make sure we don’t automatically alienate half of our players who attempted this mistaken content”
    Well this goes back to what I've been saying, The Data...

The Data didn't reflect that a significant number of people quit and/or didn't bother, but instead powered through and used items, so the difference in average use was what you were compensated

From a business perspective it means the content was compelling enough that only a small compensation was necessary.

Data Drives what Kabam does...
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I tried fight two times. Used 1 revive in total. Maybe 2.