**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RE: Permanent Boost to Gold in Gold and Arena Crystals - Starting December 10th! Hold your Crystals!

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Ebony_Naw said:

As others have said, this is a win for everyone. Kabam gets their servers back and we get what I think was a 20% boost made to a 30% boost and we no longer have to wait for it because it’s permanent.

“Kabam gets their servers back” you guys sure do like to talk as if you’re a developer and know what’s going on behind the scenes 🤣
    Pot.. meet kettle

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Siliyo said:

Ebony_Naw said:

As others have said, this is a win for everyone. Kabam gets their servers back and we get what I think was a 20% boost made to a 30% boost and we no longer have to wait for it because it’s permanent.

“Kabam gets their servers back” you guys sure do like to talk as if you’re a developer and know what’s going on behind the scenes 🤣
    I’m going by what Kabam has said. They do a crystal cleanup every so often too and cite the same reason. Who’s smarter, the non developers who trust the word of the developer, or the non developer who thinks they know better?
    The smarter ones certainly are not the ones who read something failing to understand what it actually says then develop an ignorant belief of superiority relating to a subject.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I thought they weren’t going to do a Gold Boost so I opened up My Crystals.

Really Hurts Now
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Siliyo said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I’m going by what Kabam has said. They do a crystal cleanup every so often too and cite the same reason. Who’s smarter, the non developers who trust the word of the developer, or the non developer who thinks they know better?
    To help you understand. Each type of crystal is like a book and each crystal of a type is like a eord in a book. If you want to declutter you remove the outdated books which has the side effect of removing the words therein which is why Kabam needs to even mention it to the players. If the words in a book are/were a problem they’d simply put a cap on how large those numbers could be; example phcs capped at 1million shards and/or 200 hundred crystals.

Kabam removed books from their library which is what crystal clean up is about; it’s not about the words.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Siliyo said:

Ebony_Naw said:

To help you understand. Each type of crystal is like a book and each crystal of a type is like a eord in a book. If you want to declutter you remove the outdated books which has the side effect of removing the words therein which is why Kabam needs to even mention it to the players. If the words in a book are/were a problem they’d simply put a cap on how large those numbers could be; example phcs capped at 1million shards and/or 200 hundred crystals.

Kabam removed books from their library which is what crystal clean up is about; it’s not about the words.
    To go by your analogy, I imagine Kabam is hoping this change means fewer people keeping “books” in their vault because there is no incentive to hold on to them. As someone with a moderate amount of gold, I have enough to wait for the boosts, but I’ll probably open them more regularly now, thereby having fewer “books” in my vault.

I cannot make any educated guess regarding how many people will continue to hoard like you, or stop hoarding like me, but I imagine they hope enough will stop to make a difference.

Also, I have no idea why anyone would complain about this change. It’s a good thing for the community. I’m hard on them plenty, but this is an absolute win.
    Well guess my analogy missed the mark becaus you totally did not understand.

The number of books are unchanged. Players don’t hold books, Kabam holds them, players are only allowed to review them and the number of crystals are simply words within those books.

Hoarding has no impact on the servers. That is a huge mistaken belief.

People complain, that’s what they do. I’m just speaking to the nonsense that the number of gold/phc/whatever crystals anyone other than Kabam have is bad for the servers.
  • Options
    Think of it like a hero crystal being a book and there are hundreds of hero crystals. Kabam has 100s of books that they must “store” and reference regularly (which is really where the problem is).

Now each of those books also contain the words
    summoner xyz- (number of these crystals the book is titled after).

Those words are insignificant, it’s the books themselves that are significant and why Kabam opens the crystals contained in those books for the players, they are deleting the books.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Siliyo said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Says the guy who is giving out nonsensical answers for Kabam to sort out their servers without knowing what's going on behind the scenes. Lol the irony.
  • Options
    but it is good
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

30% more of 2400 is only 3.1k. They need to make the gold crystals more valuable for this to be effective for gold crystals.

I’m in between on this, good change but eventually it’ll be the “norm” and won’t be very good. Plus the low end amounts are still very low. 🤷‍♂️

How is 30% of 2.4 k equal to 3.1k?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

there will literally be no benefit now to hoarding the gold crystals, zero

I don’t normally agree with danielmath but this time he is 100% spot on.

He’s the worst
    Your first post without disagrees....
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I am happy with this decision. Idc what those brats complaining about. This is simple math. 30%>20%
    If you want to make BC a issue then just think over it. How much BC you could actually grind during boost time. Plus not everyone is arena grinder. Let's say because of boost you get 50k BC extra(I don't know if that amount of bc can be achieved by non-arena grinder during boost)How much gold it will give.

Now on the other hand we have 30% increase. In long run 30% scenario will be more advantageous to us. Tho it doesn't solve the whole gold issue. But it's start. Ans it's good gesture.

Btw during boost your BC don't get 20% increase which are already you have in your inventory. You gain 20% extra for new one that too for like 1 week. And there might be case you can't play game more than 1 hour or even can't login in game during boost. Bye bye Gold and BC benefit. I don't know how people can't actually see logic in this decision. Permanent increase>temporary boost when permanent have 10% in stats.

For those who had some kind of confusion regarding server issue , This is a online game. Game data or stats are stored in their server. There are like thousands of players who hoard crystals.(I'm not good with numbers so just go with it for now). This puts loads on their servers. Imagine a scenario that your phone have 40gb storage and you have stored like 39.5gb there our of which 10gb is just trash or things you can actually get rid of.( Don't go saying about importance of photos etc here now. I want to say that the functionality of phone gets slower of the storage problem.)
    I usually don't agree with @Demonzfyre , but there are certain case he/she stand correct. I'm with with this move by kabam tho I hope they also fix those damn bugs and inputs too.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,034 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

Piviot said:

Coat where do you think those are stored it sure isn’t on your device it’s on kabaam that’s run by hamsters

So you are kind of the problem

They aren’t stored anywhere.

Which number hurts the servers more, my crystals or my gold?
    Your crystals. It's okay if you don't understand. You didn't understand the AQ issues either but I'm confident you can figure this one out.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    edited December 2021

Jaded said:

30% more of 2400 is only 3.1k. They need to make the gold crystals more valuable for this to be effective for gold crystals.

I’m in between on this, good change but eventually it’ll be the “norm” and won’t be very good. Plus the low end amounts are still very low. 🤷‍♂️

The quote you have above says 30% MORE not 30% OF.

30% of 2,400 is 720
    2,400 + 720 = 3,120
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    The change is great, but please, for the love of God, scale gold from wining fights as well!!!
    It's a shame that fighting 30k PI opponent yield same amount of gold fighting 5k PI opponent, and btw, the amount is pathetic in the first place ~500
  • Options

Piviot said:

Coat where do you think those are stored it sure isn’t on your device it’s on kabaam that’s run by hamsters

Your crystals. It's okay if you don't understand. You didn't understand the AQ issues either but I'm confident you can figure this one out.
    If you understand it tell me the impactful difference between me having 1 gold crystal or 100 gold crystals. How much data is that compared to the loot table for the actual gold crystal?

I understood the AQ issue, I gave the solution before Kabam themselves did.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    It's obvious who work in IT and who don't from the comments. Love how the non IT people try to act smart and explain hoarding too many of the same crystal hurt the server performances.
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    Also, what will happen to gold from permeant content? like Abyss or variant content? will it be increased by 30% as well?
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

He meant 30% more on 2400. It's 720 gold more. So 2400+720 gets you 3120, or as he said 3.1k gold.
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★

Lmao @ people saying the amount of a type of crystal is unhealthy for the game servers. That would be like saying more damage is causing server issues because it needs to calculate and display larger numbers. It’s unhealthy for the game/players to slow down their progression and put off doing content.

P.S. I benefit from hoarding and will continue to do so; any idea how much time would be spent opening all of these?

A man after my own heart. I have thousands of gold crystals too. I'm certainly not complaining about a permanent boost to gold crystal payout. Bring it on.

During the 20% boost I never opened all my crystals and I still won't. I opened on the boost days as a why not. It gave a boost so I did. But I could have opened them any other day too. It just so happened they were close to 6 months apart and that is my opening schedule. This let's me better pinpoint an exact schedule to open my crystals on a biannual basis, so awesome.

My point is I "hoard" for resource management more so than boost day. Nothing changes that. I have a gold limit budget of 4 million/month for 6 months with a surplus of 6 million (basically 30 million over 6 months). That's the allotment. I "allow" myself to splurge during 4th and cyber if I open a ton of champs I want to rank. I do this becuase I find it easier to manage my gold this way. Simply opening it all and having it available for spending... maybe I spend it all like apparently so many other summoners always clamoring for gold.

Again, I'm not complaining but this doesn't change anything for people like me. We're...special lol.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,034 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

Also, what will happen to gold from permeant content? like Abyss or variant content? will it be increased by 30% as well?

No. They list out the areas the boost is in.
  • Options
    zuffy said:

It's obvious who work in IT and who don't from the comments. Love how the non IT people try to act smart and explain hoarding too many of the same crystal hurt the server performances.

Don’t even need to work in IT, only need to think/consider how it actually works to understand. Sadly though people would rather type than think.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Piviot said:

If you understand it tell me the impactful difference between me having 1 gold crystal or 100 gold crystals. How much data is that compared to the loot table for the actual gold crystal?

I understood the AQ issue, I gave the solution before Kabam themselves did.
    You didn't. You still don't. You never will. I'm not going to explain it to you. You're the worst person to ever try and have an intelligent debate with because you'll never admit you're wrong. You can't admit anything wrong about your take on the AQ bug, there's zero chance you'll ever accept any other explanation other than your own with this as well. I see it up and down on this thread already. You believe you're right and it's end of story. You'll just make up some other BS response and deflect. It's cool, it's just who you are.
    You can’t explain it, got it. What a troll.

As to the off topic AQ, your position was that your swing on the playground was broken so Kabam should cancel recess so no one could use the merry go round or monkey bars either.