**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Season Rewards/AQ Week/Gifting Event

13»

Comments

• Options
    Blue_007Blue_007 Posts: 43

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Hey there,

The 14 days is a specific amount put in place to avoid some unsavory behaviour that we have seen in the past and do not want to see a repeat of. This is not going to change.

When the Alliance was not set to end early, there was still going to be an overlap, and we tried our best to explain that situation in this post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

We are working to remove the added point values from the final war before we are able to send out Alliance War Season rewards. This is not like other Seasons that have ended early, because there is still work to be done before the season can be finalized.

We are working to get this done on the original Season schedule, or faster if we possibly can.

If u guys reduce to 7 day that will be really helpful.. Its tough making people understand that 14 day stay can be achieved within gifting week
    Too many people were exploiting this with alt accounts, bringing them in, gifting a ton to get loads of alliance points and then leaving. The 14 day window is to stop people exploiting the event, don’t be annoyed at Kabam be annoyed at cheaters
    I stated that very clearly in the post………
    I mean, you essentially said “I know people cheat when the time is less than 14 days, but we’ve had issues this year and the timing is bad”

Forgive me if I don’t think this logic holds up to more than a scintilla of scrutiny. Cheating is bad. 7 day cooldown allows cheating. 14 days doesn’t.
    You’re reading what you want to hear instead of what was written. It’s all good. And cheating can and will happen regardless. Cheaters always find a way. I don’t like it because I’m a honest player but it’s the reality.
    “I completely understand Kabam making rules and guidelines for gifting with all the cheating and scams that have happened in the past and we all want a fair and legit event and game. We all agree on that. But this timing along with these issues all year is really putting a bad taste in all of the summoners mouths.”

What am I missing? You’re saying people cheat when the guidelines aren’t there, but you’re saying because we’ve had a bad year with bugs, and the timing is bad Kabam should get rid of the guidelines allowing people to cheat.

Which part would you like to set the record straight on.
    There are two types of people. Those who try to solve problems and those who love to try to create more…..
    Ironically by trying to be the first type of person you’re creating more problems. Would it be great, as an honest player, to not have to be in for 14 days before the event starts? Yes, clearly, I 100% agree with your intentions. I’m not against life being better in game.

But there are players who have cheated in past events, and will cheat in this event. By reducing the 14 day timer, you create a window for people to exploit this event and cheat thousands of players out of better rewards. So I’m sorry, but you putting a minor inconvenience of having to wait a few days to be able to contribute ultimately pales in comparison to the issue you create trying to solve your minor inconvenience.

Now that it’s been explained to you, do you see how selfish it is to claim that your issue is higher priority than the overall health of the game, and the rewards of thousands of players who get pushed down a bracket of rewards because alliances cheated with the loophole you created?
    This issue doesn’t effect me at all. I’m speaking on the thousands it does effect. 14 day period, 7 days, 30 days. 0 days….. there sadly will be cheaters and scammers regardless of what Kabam tries to do to stop them. It’s sadly the truth. 14 days doesn’t do nothing 7 days would do differently
  • Options
    Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Hey there,

The 14 days is a specific amount put in place to avoid some unsavory behaviour that we have seen in the past and do not want to see a repeat of. This is not going to change.

When the Alliance was not set to end early, there was still going to be an overlap, and we tried our best to explain that situation in this post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

We are working to remove the added point values from the final war before we are able to send out Alliance War Season rewards. This is not like other Seasons that have ended early, because there is still work to be done before the season can be finalized.

We are working to get this done on the original Season schedule, or faster if we possibly can.

If u guys reduce to 7 day that will be really helpful.. Its tough making people understand that 14 day stay can be achieved within gifting week
    Too many people were exploiting this with alt accounts, bringing them in, gifting a ton to get loads of alliance points and then leaving. The 14 day window is to stop people exploiting the event, don’t be annoyed at Kabam be annoyed at cheaters
    I mean, you essentially said “I know people cheat when the time is less than 14 days, but we’ve had issues this year and the timing is bad”

Forgive me if I don’t think this logic holds up to more than a scintilla of scrutiny. Cheating is bad. 7 day cooldown allows cheating. 14 days doesn’t.
    You’re reading what you want to hear instead of what was written. It’s all good. And cheating can and will happen regardless. Cheaters always find a way. I don’t like it because I’m a honest player but it’s the reality.
    “I completely understand Kabam making rules and guidelines for gifting with all the cheating and scams that have happened in the past and we all want a fair and legit event and game. We all agree on that. But this timing along with these issues all year is really putting a bad taste in all of the summoners mouths.”

What am I missing? You’re saying people cheat when the guidelines aren’t there, but you’re saying because we’ve had a bad year with bugs, and the timing is bad Kabam should get rid of the guidelines allowing people to cheat.

There are two types of people. Those who try to solve problems and those who love to try to create more…..
    Ironically by trying to be the first type of person you’re creating more problems. Would it be great, as an honest player, to not have to be in for 14 days before the event starts? Yes, clearly, I 100% agree with your intentions. I’m not against life being better in game.

But there are players who have cheated in past events, and will cheat in this event. By reducing the 14 day timer, you create a window for people to exploit this event and cheat thousands of players out of better rewards. So I’m sorry, but you putting a minor inconvenience of having to wait a few days to be able to contribute ultimately pales in comparison to the issue you create trying to solve your minor inconvenience.

Now that it’s been explained to you, do you see how selfish it is to claim that your issue is higher priority than the overall health of the game, and the rewards of thousands of players who get pushed down a bracket of rewards because alliances cheated with the loophole you created?
    This issue doesn’t effect me at all. I’m speaking on the thousands it does effect. 14 day period, 7 days, 30 days. 0 days….. there sadly will be cheaters and scammers regardless of what Kabam tries to do to stop them. It’s sadly the truth. 14 days doesn’t do nothing 7 days would do differently
    So what you're saying is, cheaters are gunna cheat anyways, so why try and prevent it or hinder it at all?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,263 ★★★★★
    Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Hey there,

14 days doesn’t do nothing 7 days would do differently
    You’re just categorically lying now.

7 days allows someone to bring in alts and gift a bunch of items, get alliance points and then they can bring their main in and continue gifting. Therefore exploiting the event.

You may think a blasé attitude to cheating is acceptable, but I (and likely a lot of the player-base) vehemently disagree. “There will be cheaters and scammers no matter what Kabam do” is the worst reasoning to do less. The logic, or lack thereof, is astounding.

“People will die from heart attacks no matter what health services do to stop it, so why do anything”.

The point is to reduce, and if possible prevent. But if some still occur, as is likely, you don’t just give up. I’m surprised I’m having to explain this, and I really hope you’re not being serious. But that’s where I’m going to leave this conversation, I hope you reflect on it.
  • Options
    TeufelHundenTeufelHunden Posts: 107
    Too much drama and uber anxiousness in this game. Every day/week there's something new. Geez. It's just a game.
  • Options
    mgj0630 said:

.....or....(get ready for this)....people could strive to stay in one Alliance and work on long-term progress. Crazy, I know.

At the risk of the number of disagrees I'm gonna get here, I have to agree with @GroundedWisdom on this particular topic.

People are so bent out of shape over this cause they want to jump into an alliance full of whales, get those rewards, then go back to their original alliance.

So it makes me wonder...if the "gifting" alliance is full of whales, why wouldn't you just stay in that alliance year round? Presumably you trust the other 29 people enough to not take your GGCs without returning the favor, so why wouldn't you trust them enough to move in AQ/AW?

Perhaps there's something I'm missing, but I damn sure wouldn't welcome someone back into my alliance if they wanted to bail during gifting just to join some whales, meanwhile making it difficult for the remainder of us to run our typical AQ content.

So let the disagrees rain down on me, but we all know gifting is coming, so personally, I would have locked down alliance eligibility to November 1st.

#Loyalty
    But what we don’t know, is the reasons for people changing alliances. How do you know who just changed hours at work and needs to step down? Who’s got an assignment due? Who’s alliance recently started or stopped doing map 7 and they want a different effort level in the game. Who feels burned out after bugs or a tough war season?

We don’t know people’s reasons for leaving. I agree that people jumping alliance just for gifting is a bad idea, but we don’t know what the reason is.

If you think about it, people change alliances every week of the year. After AQ, after AW, or whatever. But they don’t post about it on the forum because why would they? There’s no huge alliance event on that clashes with those two. So hypothetically, say that the exact same amount of players were switching alliances every week of the year, but this week is different because gifting event 14 day buffer *does* clash, so that’s why we get people coming to the forum and complaining on it.

People are just assuming that anyone who posts about leaving an alliance at the moment is glory hunting, and while it may be true for some, people leave alliances all the time
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Cant wait for all those post that will be shut down cause they put screenshots of peoples profiles and call em scammers 🤣.
  • Options
    Blue_007Blue_007 Posts: 43

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Hey there,

So what you're saying is, cheaters are gunna cheat anyways, so why try and prevent it or hinder it at all?
    No absolutely not. That’s what you are tying to make what I said into. Sadly this tends to happen way too much on the forums which is sadly why nobody can ever speak seriously without all those who love to troll and read what they want to read and not what is actually written. Those people don’t help the community and only make it toxic.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,047 ★★★★

mgj0630 said:

.....or....(get ready for this)....people could strive to stay in one Alliance and work on long-term progress. Crazy, I know.

At the risk of the number of disagrees I'm gonna get here, I have to agree with @GroundedWisdom on this particular topic.

People are so bent out of shape over this cause they want to jump into an alliance full of whales, get those rewards, then go back to their original alliance.

So it makes me wonder...if the "gifting" alliance is full of whales, why wouldn't you just stay in that alliance year round? Presumably you trust the other 29 people enough to not take your GGCs without returning the favor, so why wouldn't you trust them enough to move in AQ/AW?

Perhaps there's something I'm missing, but I damn sure wouldn't welcome someone back into my alliance if they wanted to bail during gifting just to join some whales, meanwhile making it difficult for the remainder of us to run our typical AQ content.

So let the disagrees rain down on me, but we all know gifting is coming, so personally, I would have locked down alliance eligibility to November 1st.

#Loyalty
    But what we don’t know, is the reasons for people changing alliances. How do you know who just changed hours at work and needs to step down? Who’s got an assignment due? Who’s alliance recently started or stopped doing map 7 and they want a different effort level in the game. Who feels burned out after bugs or a tough war season?

We don’t know people’s reasons for leaving. I agree that people jumping alliance just for gifting is a bad idea, but we don’t know what the reason is.

If you think about it, people change alliances every week of the year. After AQ, after AW, or whatever. But they don’t post about it on the forum because why would they? There’s no huge alliance event on that clashes with those two. So hypothetically, say that the exact same amount of players were switching alliances every week of the year, but this week is different because gifting event 14 day buffer *does* clash, so that’s why we get people coming to the forum and complaining on it.

People are just assuming that anyone who posts about leaving an alliance at the moment is glory hunting, and while it may be true for some, people leave alliances all the time
    I agree with everything you said, but unfortunately at this time of year, the people worried about alliance jumping probably don't have the most honest of intentions, and we all know that.

By no means am I saying there aren't some that leave an alliance for legitimate reasons that have nothing to do with gifting, but even to them, if they care about the rewards, I'd suggest they grind it out once they hit the "lock down" period.

As you said, they had to do something to curb the unethical behavior during gifting, and I just personally think they should have gone further, cause I'd say with a high degree of confidence that the people complaining about it here are those that want to bend the rules.

I frankly have no remorse for them, cause there's no legitimate reason to be concerned about it during gifting besides the goal of artificially inflating alliance rewards, which artificially deflates my, and the vast majority, of other alliances' rewards.
  • Options
    mgj0630 said:

mgj0630 said:

#Loyalty

I agree with everything you said, but unfortunately at this time of year, the people worried about alliance jumping probably don't have the most honest of intentions, and we all know that.

By no means am I saying there aren't some that leave an alliance for legitimate reasons that have nothing to do with gifting, but even to them, if they care about the rewards, I'd suggest they grind it out once they hit the "lock down" period.

As you said, they had to do something to curb the unethical behavior during gifting, and I just personally think they should have gone further, cause I'd say with a high degree of confidence that the people complaining about it here are those that want to bend the rules.

I frankly have no remorse for them, cause there's no legitimate reason to be concerned about it during gifting besides the goal of artificially inflating alliance rewards, which artificially deflates my, and the vast majority, of other alliances' rewards.
    Yep, that’s absolutely fair enough. I see your side! I think it just comes down to each person thinking about the reason they’re swapping alliance. If it’s because of gifting, you’ve got the wrong priority.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Lol the people who can't wait for two days and want the rule relaxed from 14 days to something lesser will be the first people who jump on Kabam and give them shite when a few of the allys at the top of the gifting leaderboard had something suspicious going on.

Kabam just can't win.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★

Lol the people who can't wait for two days and want the rule relaxed from 14 days to something lesser will be the first people who jump on Kabam and give them shite when a few of the allys at the top of the gifting leaderboard had something suspicious going on.

Kabam just can't win.

And you know when the event is over and other Crews have made successful Leaps and Bounds, the same people who were fighting and advocating for the reduction in the 14 days will be criticizing Kabam for even going through with it and arguing that they really should have gone for 28 days instead.