**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are you going for the 6* featured or sticking with the basic ?

Comments

• Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    6* Featured

Lemme just say, my decision worked out for me, lol
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    I've had overall terrible, gut-wrenching luck with this featured. To wit - SM2099, Purgatory, AC, GP (x2), Rogue awakening, War Machine, X23 (x2), Karnak, Guilly (dupe) and Nebula (x2). Main hopes were for Herc, Peni, Sparky, HT, Diablo. As trash as my pulls have been, I'll keep pulling featured because my basic luck is usually worse.

The only way I will switch to basics is if/when I pull OG DD. I can deal with all kinds of ****, but that's my breaking point.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    To determine I go thru the featured and count the number of champions I want out of 24. To compensate for the extra 5k units I make sure its champs I really want and will rank. Then I go to the basic and do the same. If the ratio of wanted to unwanted champs is the same or less than the basic, I decide not to go for it. If theres a 1/6 chance of getting a champ I want in the featured, but there isn't 33 champs in the basic I want, the featured will be worth it for me.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    I might try one more. I’ve pulled all but one featured. Also got iceman, Medusa and sparky. Have yet to pull Spidey 2099 which I still want.
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    6* Featured
    My luck has been Terrible aswell, 0 featured and no ht/Diablo, 3 times gamora and guillotine, x23 cyclops, Joe etc 15 crystals total. What are your tactics?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Lorddrew said:

My luck has been Terrible aswell, 0 featured and no ht/Diablo, 3 times gamora and guillotine, x23 cyclops, Joe etc 15 crystals total. What are your tactics?

I’m in a procarious position as I’ve got everything i want besides hercules and diablo dupe. Still missing some good champs in the basic like prof x, kp, ultron, and g99. But I think I’m going to stick with featureds until I get herc or until the feat ends. He’s better than those champs I listed and after the featured it’ll be much much harder to pull him.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 835 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    6* Featured
    Was hoping for a good pull from the four featured 6* crystals so far- Peni, Hercules, Spider-Man 2099 or Sparky would have been great. What I got was:

Karnak
    Medusa
    Daredevil (Classic)
    Karnak

Could have been worse, could have been better. Most are in the basic pool though.
  • Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45
    6* Featured
    man i opened 5 of featured crystal, i got overseer, wolverin23, 2x purgatory 2x chavez
    not good :'(
  • Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 108
    Ive decide over my years of slow progression thru this game and experience that all my 6* openings are featured. Any other crystal i open main basics simply becouse in doing so i can stack crystal shards a little faster. And have a slightly better chance at acquiring champs i have yet to have in my roster (looking for the 6* dream team lol)
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    6* Basic
    Polygon said:

Just curious what everyone's play is here. Typically, the sub-feats for these are notably bad, but this time aside from Hercules, there's Diablo and Torch (still way too many misses though imo).

I was actually curious what the difference in the odds for the featured vs the basic were because although the featured costs an extra 5k shards, there's a much smaller pool of champions in the featured.

Nevertheless, I did a quick comparison of the two taking into consideration the cost of shards and the size of the pool. At least for me, it showed that the featured actually had the higher odds. However the problem here is, as you pull more of the champs you want in the featured, the odds begin to favor the basic pool. In my example shown, with 7 targeted champs in the feat, the odds are in favor of the featured, but once I pull one of those and have 6 to target, the odds become equal.

Which crystal are you going for?

Basic, I really don't want an increased chance to dupe Cyke Blue team yet again ...
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    6* Featured
    Daredevil Classic dupe #5, I have forgotten the feeling of getting a new champion. Nevertheless, the Hunt for Herc continues
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    I have always gotten burned when I do featured..
    Went for 2 more and got destroyed with a sig 40 venom and karnak.

Will open some more, I’ve gotten very lucky with s99, torch and diablo but I won’t get a 1/24 chance of getting Herc again unless I wait for next july 4 to have the 10 champ 2021 nexus.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,135 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    I went featured. Got torch, Hercules and duped Hercules today. Went back to basic and pulled dragon man, stryfe, duped sentry, king groot and sentinel.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Sticking with featured at this point in hopes of one of several dupes.

Pulls #9 and 10 gave me Herc and 2099, so that’s pretty solid.

Dr. Zola
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    6* Featured
    I want another dupe on Diablo first one on overseer or peni and there’s also Hercules I want to pull
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I've had really good luck with this featured even if I haven't pulled either Hercules, Peni or Spidey2099. However, I have pulled Torch, Diablo x2, Thor Ragnarok x2, Nebula, Iceman and Starky.

I probably have one or two more openings left before it switches over to the next crystal so I'm still holding out hope for Hercules. I'm just worried that I've already lucked out as much as I possibly can.
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    6* Featured

Ive complained about this featured enough. After pulling mostly **** in it (besides another 20 levels on torch) this morning i pulled the creme of the crop.
    Now ill try for the dupes...
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
    6* Featured
    My ‘solid but not exceptional’ luck with this featured has continued. Last 4 pulls were Iceman, Gwenpool, Overseer, and a 2nd dupe on my Diablo (not going to complain about more sigs for him).

Still hoping for Herc or Peni, but given how strong my tech roster has now become Herc is my real target. Will probably open 2-3 more, then give it up and save the rest for the next featured. Maybe I’m a Knull guy vs. a Herc guy.

On a positive note, I do have a cosmic 6* nexus from Cyberweekend that I’m holding till Herc lands on the 6* basic pool on Jan 11, so that will give me a small shot as well.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    This featured has been horrible for me ...i got 38 6* shards from 38 GGCs so opened 3 of them today , got Medusa new , Dupe on Chavez and Troll roll from Torch to Cyclops ( that was brutal ngl ) .

I have opened 6 till now and no luck with Herc or Peni ..i can awaken Peni right away and r3 her if i pull her . Just sadden my mood to continue going for featured further .

I am 100% f2p so going for featured multiple times is damn difficult for me
  • Jeromix_2ndJeromix_2nd Posts: 20
    6* Basic
    Well, it may sound a bit meek - but as a F2P with access to around 30-40k 6* shards per year (excl. Xmas), I'm happy to wait until January 11th to have my futile shot at Hercules in basic :lol:
  • ANGRYEAGLEANGRYEAGLE Posts: 149
    I almost went featured with this pull. Glad I didnt!

6* Featured
    4 more attempts from ggc x23 dub now, dare devil , nr 20 is medusa dub and 21 Karnak,

21 featured crystals 0 featured champs, **** me.
    Karnak and medusa would be nice first 10, really hunting for Hercules it’s becoming pethathic
    edited December 2021
    Polygon said:

Went for 2 more and got destroyed with a sig 40 venom and karnak.

Will open some more, I’ve gotten very lucky with s99, torch and diablo but I won’t get a 1/24 chance of getting Herc again unless I wait for next july 4 to have the 10 champ 2021 nexus.

Two more L’s.

V8 exploration rewards aren’t worth it, otherwise I’d take her to rank 2.
    6* Featured
    abn86 said:

I've had overall terrible, gut-wrenching luck with this featured. To wit - SM2099, Purgatory, AC, GP (x2), Rogue awakening, War Machine, X23 (x2), Karnak, Guilly (dupe) and Nebula (x2). Main hopes were for Herc, Peni, Sparky, HT, Diablo. As trash as my pulls have been, I'll keep pulling featured because my basic luck is usually worse.

The only way I will switch to basics is if/when I pull OG DD. I can deal with all kinds of ****, but that's my breaking point.

We have the same champs on our list, i;m 21 deep! have you atleast gotten one? for now i;m desprate for herc!

Super pumped that i got him from the next 2. Will hoard all shards now to see how the next sub feat looks before I decide between opening basics and featured.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Just pulled Hercules on my 9th crystal. Although a dupe is needed for his cheese mode, I think I am gonna save for the next featured so I can open ~9 of those featured crystals.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
    6* Featured
    I managed to pull 5* Herc out of the featured, so I’m probably only going to do 2 or 3 more of the current featured next Monday then save the rest for the next featured. Would still like him as a 6, or Peni, dupe my HT, Dupe my miles, or get S2099, so still enough to justify a few more shots.
  • 6* Featured

Well, it may sound a bit meek - but as a F2P with access to around 30-40k 6* shards per year (excl. Xmas), I'm happy to wait until January 11th to have my futile shot at Hercules in basic :lol:

Given that amount of shard earning, you should definitely stay away from featured 6* crystals. With extremely rare exceptions, you should only contemplate 6* featured crystals when you are at a point in building your 6* roster when you are filling holes in your roster, not while you are still ramping up your roster.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 835 ★★★★
    6* Featured
    With not many days left on the 6* Featured, I managed to get enough shards together for a couple more pulls (the last two below).

Karnak
    Medusa
    Daredevil (Classic)
    Karnak
    Gwenpool
    X-23

I don’t know how many other Summoners have a similar run of luck. While Medusa is okay, like many I was hoping for either Hercules, Peni, Spider-Man 2099 or Sparky. I’m swearing off featured for the future as I could have had three extra 6* basic pulls but hindsight is a wonderful thing.