**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Prepare to Enter the Battlegrounds! Open Beta March 14-21

Comments

• Options
    TensioTensio Posts: 173
    All my tree loses were without the option for the 3rd one to untied. Automatically ends.

• Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,496 ★★★★★

Already found someone cheating in the beta. 9 second kill of peni with a nick and they finished with full health. Modding much?
  • Options
    SonSonSonSon Posts: 66

SonSon said:

SonSon said:

Battlegrounds is pure incompetence at its fullest potential. Attention to detail was obviously not taken into consideration in the slightest. By all means take ALL the time needed to produce a quality and defect-free product sometime this century.

You appear to be surprised that a beta test to find issues has found issues.
    Issues w/in a Beta are not the problem. The problem is that these issues are way beyond simple matters of just a server overload. It clearly consists of multiple points of failure. All I'm trying to say is that there is a larger underlying issue. This pattern of gross quality control (in my experience) could be easily misconstrewed as sabotage, and in many instances in corporate history, it has been exactly the case. Very possibly, the intentional behavior of a vindictive/disgruntled employee.
    “Issues within a beta are not the problem”

“The issue consists of multiple points of failure within the beta” - AKA issues within the beta.

You don’t need to disguise your opinion, what you’re saying is that you don’t like the fact that there are issues with a game mode in beta form. It’s an opinion for sure, just not a very valid one.
    Lol... You do live up to your name Bittersteel.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SonSon said:

SonSon said:

SonSon said:

Battlegrounds is pure incompetence at its fullest potential. Attention to detail was obviously not taken into consideration in the slightest. By all means take ALL the time needed to produce a quality and defect-free product sometime this century.

Issues w/in a Beta are not the problem. The problem is that these issues are way beyond simple matters of just a server overload. It clearly consists of multiple points of failure. All I'm trying to say is that there is a larger underlying issue. This pattern of gross quality control (in my experience) could be easily misconstrewed as sabotage, and in many instances in corporate history, it has been exactly the case. Very possibly, the intentional behavior of a vindictive/disgruntled employee.
    “Issues within a beta are not the problem”

“The issue consists of multiple points of failure within the beta” - AKA issues within the beta.

You don’t need to disguise your opinion, what you’re saying is that you don’t like the fact that there are issues with a game mode in beta form. It’s an opinion for sure, just not a very valid one.
    Lol... You do live up to your name Bittersteel.
    If you’d like to address the points that would be great, but equally feel free to deflect by making unoriginal jokes :)

Please, elaborate on why a vindictive employee has sabotaged battlegrounds
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Forget the bugs, lets makes sure that we're properly rewarded for this game mode. It will make or break our daily use of it.
  • Options
    Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45
    Maratox said:

Already found someone cheating in the beta. 9 second kill of peni with a nick and they finished with full health. Modding much?

wtf :'(

• Options
    Rahul_01Rahul_01 Posts: 4
    I was very excited for this battleground update but the day since it has arrived.. I can't play one match properly all loss because of the trash server of mcoc... Always getting disconnected as I enter the fight!!.. It really makes feel like to quit the game.. So annoying!!

• Options
    Rahul_01Rahul_01 Posts: 4
    edited March 2022
    Fix the server issue.. It's really annoying I'm constantly losing energy but can't even play one full match because of this crash!.. It's just crash everytime I play beta battleground!!.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Curious does that banner for gameplay sync mean the fact I chose to use dragonman as defender but opponent got mascre. Then I chose to attack with punisher 2099 and got apoc instead.

Just making sure that is what that banner refers to.
  • Options
    PROG73PROG73 Posts: 67
    Has anyone had an issue where you get different champions to fight from those displayed?
    My first fight was supposed to be against hyperion- I choose a void and then went into fight to find moleman opponent!
    Second fight was supposed to be warlock - I chose vision and went into fight to find hyperion!!
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    PROG73 said:

Has anyone had an issue where you get different champions to fight from those displayed?
    My first fight was supposed to be against hyperion- I choose a void and then went into fight to find moleman opponent!
    Second fight was supposed to be warlock - I chose vision and went into fight to find hyperion!!

It's actually really frequent. Definitely frustrating but as long as all the dumb stuff is fixed by release when things like winning actually matter
  • Options
    fly101fly101 Posts: 32
    Waste of energy and with the bugs a far cry from being enjoyable. 3 attempts at it at no more. Total waste of my game time and energy for nothing. Worst thing I've experienced in mcoc.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    SonSon said:

SonSon said:

Seriously?

I'm not sure what experience you're referring to, but it seemed apparent to me they had a major issue with the queueing and match making system, and a resource exhaustion issue in the match instancing system, both of which seem to now be largely resolved. There are also smaller issues with regard to race conditions in the picks interface (some of which turned up initially in the closed beta), and some stability issues in the fight system itself. These seem to be sort of problems often encountered in stress testing. I cannot imagine what sort of thought process would lead someone from the problems in the initial launch of the stress test beta and a conspiracy to sabotage the game mode.

Sabotage conducted by an idiot I might add, as a saboteur that sabotages the test phase of a system and not the production version of the system is a moron.
  • Options
    Xnmfjx_13Xnmfjx_13 Posts: 16
    Maratox said:

I’ve been on the other side of this and what happened was connection issues. And when I got back to battle grounds there was 40 seconds left and I was not in the fight. Unfortunately I won with full health and their defender was KO’d
  • Options
    D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    After a handful of matches, my feedback so far is:

1. 15 energy is a bit high, but if you don’t want people to grind, grind, grind it…I suppose that is a way to prevent that.

2. The deck of 30 rarely comes fully into play. Only being able to shuffle once is frustrating. I’d rather there be more time allowed for choosing, and leave the full deck for all drafts. If my Bishop (or any desired champ) isn’t banned, but he never comes up, even after shuffling…that is frustrating. So…more time (about 6 more seconds per 1-2 champ selection) to recruit from your full deck OR endless, free shuffles and timer reset after shuffle.

3. I think one opponent just quit, but I did not get any clear notice of that, just that I won the match after losing my first fight, kinda weird.

4. In one fight, I chose Kingpin as a Defender…but the game blurped and showed Spider-Ham…my opponent wisely chose Venom as an Attacker…but then the game put Immortal Abomination in the actual fight as my Defender. I won, but on behalf of my opponent, that’s dirty pool, man. I don’t want to win that way (or lose, heh).

5. AI should be a tad more aggressive for a 2 minute timed fight, if it won’t throw specials, that is a lame way to lose. Granted, that only happened in one fight, but it stung. ;)

6. One match I waited about 2 minutes for my opponent’s initial bans…strange, wasn’t sure if it was locked or what, almost backed out, but didn’t want to lose that way. Eventually they popped up and we carried on, so…again, strange.

Overall, based on the above, I see it as something I would do from time to time, but not something I would do a lot.
  • Options
    Xnmfjx_13Xnmfjx_13 Posts: 16
    edited March 2022
    Xnmfjx_13 said:

Maratox said:

I’ve been on the other side of this and what happened was connection issues. And when I got back to battle grounds there was 40 seconds left and I was not in the fight. Unfortunately I won with full health and their defender was KO’d
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,496 ★★★★★
    Xnmfjx_13 said:

Xnmfjx_13 said:

Maratox said:

This is really interesting to see. I hadn’t heard of anyone encountering something like this but it’s nice(?) to know someone else is. Another game breaking bug to add to the list. Who’s ready for full launch of battlegrounds in 2025?
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Maratox said:

This could be Nick on his second life. Just about entered second life perhaps.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Maratox said:

That seems unlikely, it would take the best part of 9 seconds for him to get into second life, let alone take down a full beefy Peni with masochism
  • Options
    Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45

Maratox said:

no still impossible
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    I appreciate how much better this is working than yesterday, but the random connection issues are driving myself, and I'm sure many others, crazy. I've successfully entered into 15 matches. I have won 12 of them, and the other 3 I have run into connection issues. I am confident that I would've won 2 of the 3(the third dc'd going into the first fight). It is a significant point swing to lose 3 matches in general and very disheartening to lose for no reason other than server issues, not to mention the lost energy as a result. Hopefully this will be sorted out for the live version if this has a shot at being a competitive game mode.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I kinda like it a lot. There are some obvious bugs and challenges to fix, but overall it feels like something new and challenging, which is what we wanted. I’m hoping they patch it up and ship out expeditiously
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 639 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike
    Battles Grounds did not let lock my attackers in at all and it picked my attackers for me. I pressed the green lock in buttton multiple times and it didn’t let me do it all three rounds. I feel like I lost the battle because I was not able to pick my teams correctly because the lock in button was broken.
  • Options
    Blackfriar63Blackfriar63 Posts: 91
    I'm not a fan of this mode at this time. Too many issues with wrong champs being placed, loading/freezing issues, and for whatever the reasons it seems as though combat is way out of balance in terms of damage taken vs damage inflicted. I'm just beating the snot out an opponent with a maxed out 5* and doing virtually no damage. Combos, heavies, Sp3... doesn't seem to faze them. But I get tapped and my health disappears. And it's not consistent, 2 or 3 matches seem pretty normal, then the next 5 or 6 are just ridiculous. Maybe when the kinks are worked out it will be better, but really need to drop the energy cost and increase the selection timers a bit. Until then though I have to say pretty much zero fun for zero rewards.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 639 ★★★
    If you can look into that I’d appreciate
  • Options
    KDJ_12KDJ_12 Posts: 1
    I’ve been able to get matches with no issues…what I don’t understand is my champion shows 13,000 and my opponent shows let’s say 12,000…then the match starts and my champion is at 16,000 but my opponent is now at 38,000…what am I missing and doing wrong…thanks
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    All 4 of my matches my defender changes or their defender changes.

I see Mojo, I choose Magneto. Fight starts, I’m fighting Sunspot.

I see Killmonger, I choose Quake. Fight starts, my Quake is matched up against Moleman. Gee thanks.

I see they have all tech. I choose Magneto to defend. Game erases it and dumps Colossus in.

Not wasting anymore energy (figuratively and literally) on this heap.
  • Options
    I've not got a proper 3 round game in so far. The game either crashes in Round 1 or Round 3....every single time!