**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Prepare to Enter the Battlegrounds! Open Beta March 14-21

Comments

• I love all the music, background and stuff but the thing is the bugs we get. I think battlegrounds has to be the most buged part of the game. Maybe it's because of the beta,so I'm fine with that. But the first ever experience on a new mode being the worst,makes everyone feel bad about it.

It is because it's a Beta. We expected stability issues and bugs, and this is why we did this it on our Live Server with the full force of the Community pushing down on it, instead of a small beta with fewer people. It's better to find the holes and fix them now than later, right?
    Yeah. That's a smart work because not everyone get the experience of it.
  • Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45

they should also allow us to use same champ if we won first round with him
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Shouldn't the amount of points you score for duration only be used for a tie breaker? Surely me being smart and tactical in the fight and finishing it with as much health as possible is more skillful then ending it quickly? Especially when you consider how fast those who use suicides can finish any given fight .... there has been a few occasions now I've finished with full health but they've won due to duration.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I'd like a little more time on the selection screens. It feels rushed.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Why does my selected champion for defense keep switching. Picked hyperion, magically places my torch instead. So frustrating.
    When I place first this happens so often. Select lockin screwed over

The timer is shorter for who places defender first. You end up running out of time before you expect to and that's how it happens I think. You're trying to place as you're running out of time and it bugs out
  • instabraminstabram Posts: 4
    First off there should not be an energy cost while this is in beta. Seems like this mode is designed to be awesome for players who complete end game content while growing accounts are just getting railed. Im currently cav but have only been matched with thromebreaker/abyss level players so I’ve only lost. Zero fun and no rewards like what is the point in spending energy to just get slapped around.
  • becokastbecokast Posts: 38
    I hate the add on nodes like masochism, I just want purely interact with my oponent instead of playing around a node combination. Masochism means I can only use intercepts and physical damage which ruins some perfect counter setups.
  • krystolixkrystolix Posts: 68
    Honestly, the nodes are why I won't be playing this. Such a letdown. Even with perfect counters the nodes ruin everything. Can only play one way.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Anyone has a matchup against same opponent 3 consecutive times? I had that twice.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

Xmn88 said:

Why the opponent’s hero rating gets tripled after the selection stage??? Like from 8k when being picked to 24k in the fight. It’s ridiculous

First one is base rating without nodes and masteries applied. Next one is with them applied.
    And also with nodes applied
    I said nodes applied haha
    My bad
    Maybe didn't read due to arena grind hangover
  • Jake125Jake125 Posts: 4
    How do you report someone cheating in battle grounds
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike are we gonna get rewards for battle grounds in April Beta ? coz Playing a whole month without any rewards will be lame and after a point , will kill the interest of the new mode . Just curious.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Noobda said:

@Kabam Miike are we gonna get rewards for battle grounds in April Beta ? coz Playing a whole month without any rewards will be lame and after a point , will kill the interest of the new mode . Just curious.

If they removed the energy cost for the next beta that would be much more appealing if no rewards. Or even objectives would be nice 🤷‍♂️
  • Black_Tiger_200Black_Tiger_200 Posts: 14
    edited March 2022
    6-year player, 2nd time posting — mostly to thank Kabam for this new game mode.

Played 10 matches for the first time today. Enjoyed it; fun, quick and OK with the nodes. Only complaint is the 15 energy cost. Reduce or eliminate the cost, and I’m in.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    _spec said:

@BitterSteel Well AW Is the best fit for your football team example, as for battlegrounds it's a pvp 1v1 system if these advantages were to be rewarded then it makes more sense if they only allowed participants' rosters in summoner showdowns. I'm fine with it as it is right now, but what I suggested makes it better

Each Summoner Showdown event is a singular contest. Battlegrounds is a competitive game mode in a progressional game. The Summoner Showdown reflects its nature as a singular contest. Battlegrounds reflects its nature as just a piece of a progressional game for which progressional status is rewarded.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Yuhoe said:

Xmn88 said:

Why the opponent’s hero rating gets tripled after the selection stage??? Like from 8k when being picked to 24k in the fight. It’s ridiculous

First one is base rating without nodes and masteries applied. Next one is with them applied.
    And also with nodes applied
    Then Kabam should make it free energy to try if it is a beta. I’m not sure how the points get carried over when it goes live but it’s demoralising to get points reduced when it is the system’ fault after working to gain points.
    Nobody carries over ratings and points from a beta test to a live competitive mode. That would be insane.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    I’m glad mgmt are running a beta….good to work out the bugs etc.

As for BattleGrounds itself…I like the tactical element. Once it is 100% ready and we know what we’re playing for I’ll play but I have done like 7 goes on beta and I’ll now wait for the next update before doing anymore
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Beta is beta and there will be many issues.

Overall i am in love with the game mode!

But please, along with all other bugs and issues, MATCHMAKING needs some serious rework.

It is such a bad set of rules for finding a match its crazy.

Atm it is virtually impossible for me to match anyone.
  • Shah123Shah123 Posts: 5
    Battleground becomes so pathetic, after winning the fight game crashed, results loss.. It's awkward... Very awkward... Kindly resolve else close it...
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Rough start side , it’s been a lot of fun and I’ll be excited when Battleground returns.
  • JvankeulenJvankeulen Posts: 6
    I see a lot of reports of connection issues. but what i personally experience is a black screen bug. where after completing a fight i do not go to the next round, but just get stuck in a black screen and have to restart the game. If it helps i play on a samsung J6 and these issues seem to mostly occur when i time out the fight. (i think it might only happen when i lose the round but cannot confirm since i cant see the results, it just feels like it happens more often after rounds i dont feel confident about winning) On reopening the game it will have resulted in a loss, no option to finish the rest of the match. Just wanted to make sure the team is aware of this since this gamemode will be my favorite if working properly
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Played some more rounds today…sadly, I think the majority were “won” by me, but not really…. After the first fight ends…win, lose, or draw…the game locked in a hyper spinwheel/strobe…after force close and restart, the match is over, the fight doesn’t register in the history, but it shows I won the match. Not sure what it shows my opponent, but, well, yeah, there it is. Here’s to hoping we’ve provided enough feedback to help fix things for go-live.
  • PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Love this mode. I think rewards and matchmaking can be tiered like wars. Also want a chat feature and ability to duel friends. Thanks
  • PrinceOfAlexPrinceOfAlex Posts: 29
    Entry cost is nonsense when no rewards are granted
    Unless you are limiting the players that would like to try it
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Overall…it grew on me, it did. 34 matches, ignoring glitched matches I “won” due to the glitch, probably batted about .500 - felt good, some losses made me groan, others made me laugh, same with the wins. I can dig it.