**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Safeguard in Battlegrounds

ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
This node made the fights so long. Ik you have to bring more DOT champs but you don't always draw the right ones and some defenders have several immunities. I'm sure it was somewhat intended but it's a bit of a chore now.

Comments

• Options
    Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    Nice that they aren't doing free mastery resets either, so if you already have Willpower you will win unless those that didn't have it active pay to reset. Classic.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,162 ★★★★★
    Is safeguard the only node? I haven't jumped in yet to find out.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

Is safeguard the only node? I haven't jumped in yet to find out.

With attack and health boosts, but yeah. Just safeguard
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I mean, it just adds a level of difficulty that everyone has to face. There are ways around it, and many champion combos that can bypass it. It challenges your knowledge of the game, but it also challenges your roster. Battlegrounds is ideally played by someone with a reasonably wide roster that can account for different nodes and bot just rely on one or two specific champs.

I realize that isn't fun, but just how it is. Here is some advice: there are a number of champions with abilities that get around the safeguard node but aren't the traditional debuff-reliant champs. Kitty has passive debuffs, Guardian and other champs that deal extra damage on crits are great for this, power sting champs are solid (still a debuff but rarely are champs immune to it), etc.

Arguments about willpower are also kinda misplaced. Different masteries are clearly going to give you different advantages and disadvantages in the game. Willpower doesn't help robots, jut also, as a side note. Similarly to willpower, suicide mastery users get a huge boost from those in Battlegrounds, as do champs who run other particularly chosen masteries. That's kinda how they work.
  • Options
    PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54
    Tried and closed BG almost at once. No fun to deal with safeguard to be honest. Probably skip this BG once again. I didn’t like it.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    I don’t think it’s any worse then masochism
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    I don’t mind it, it’s another kind of difficulty and I don’t expect to play the same level of difficulty. It test you champion and fighting abilities in a different angle that’s not the same as masochism. You may have to you adjust your champion deck and also the attackers and defender you pick so so forth. Also, you’re dealing with the same node as your opponent so if it sucks, you’re both in it.
    Edit
    What I do hate about it is the bugs we have to deal with almost all the time in this game.

I technically won this matchup but after my second fight it crashed. Smh
  • Options
    ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    I don't think safeguard is more difficult than masochism it's just way longer. Masochism is more of a skill based node and safeguard is more of a roster based node especially combined with limited usage of your champs now imo. It definitely takes the addictive side out of it. The fights being longer and having to wait for champs to refresh it'll cut down the amount I play battlegrounds considerably.
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

I don’t mind it, it’s another kind of difficulty and I don’t expect to play the same level of difficulty. It test you champion and fighting abilities in a different angle that’s not the same as masochism. You may have to you adjust your champion deck and also the attackers and defender you pick so so forth. Also, you’re dealing with the same node as your opponent so if it sucks, you’re both in it.
    Edit
    What I do hate about it is the bugs we have to deal with almost all the time in this game.

I saw this and thought it was me vs you...but alas
  • Options
    ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    Imo it’s kind of a lot for a two minute time limit, if you don’t have a dot champ that isn’t countered by a defenders immunity you basically can’t do anything
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    ShaggyM said:

I don't think safeguard is more difficult than masochism it's just way longer. Masochism is more of a skill based node and safeguard is more of a roster based node especially combined with limited usage of your champs now imo. It definitely takes the addictive side out of it. The fights being longer and having to wait for champs to refresh it'll cut down the amount I play battlegrounds considerably.

Recharging a champion costs 1 gold though so it’s nothing at all really.
  • Options
    D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    J0eySn0w said:

Edit

I had the exact same black screen o’ death. And I also “won” though I know I lost, it was the third fight, and I had the worse matchup and got whupped, then that screen came up and…win. Feel bad for the other guy.
  • Options
    J_GarraJ_Garra Posts: 95
    I agree, masochism was much better. Fight was still challenging and required some strategy. Safeguard has made moves like Shang-chi’s SP2 irrelevant. Damage over time champs highly benefit from this node.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    What I do not like is the b
    D_Ace_71 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Edit

I had the exact same black screen o’ death. And I also “won” though I know I lost, it was the third fight, and I had the worse matchup and got whupped, then that screen came up and…win. Feel bad for the other guy.
    Sucks that these things happens but what can you do. Pretty sure he’ll also get a win from someone else’s crash 😅
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,660 Guardian
    I have been loving this, there are many ways around safeguard. Falcon shuts it off, anyone who lowers defensive ability accuracy shuts it off. I use Medusa against robots because armor shattered shuts it off. HT can murder any enemy that is mystic or does energy damage. AA is good. BWDO is good. Nebula has been a beast for me. NF can do very well. Sigil witch does amazing.
    Every single safeguard fight I've done has been shorter than the masochism fights last time.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Safeguards sucks!
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Im assuming the special nodes like safeguard will change season to season or something, but yes, definitely sucks