**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My thoughts on battlegrounds.

Not going to make this thread long at all. I just love this game mode right now. I genuinely have an enjoyable game mode that takes skill and strategy even with rng, I have found my self playing this game all day and it’s incredibly enjoyable.

Comments

• Options
    De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★

Agreed, and while I look forward to getting rewards, I would play this mode without any. It's fun.

I honestly agree with you, the 1v1 aspect with strategy and real time fighting genuinely gives me a good feel about this game. I’m playing now prior to rewards but the additional rewards are purely just a bonus to me.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I concur. Great game mode, i love it. Better be the last beta, they just need to release it at this point
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,218 ★★★★★
    I’m liking it to mabye a tiny something u definitely can get out match not impossible to beat just needs u one your toss and I’m loving it
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

I'm already bored by it. Gonna get my 5k 6* shards and be done with it the rest of the week. After a point, all matchups repeat themselves.

BRUH!!! i had no idea there were shards to be had LOL *heads back in!!!
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Best game mode added to the game IMO. Can't wait for the finished product. Especially when friendly battles are released.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,017 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

I like the game mode. Hate safeguard as a node for it though

Thankfully Safeguard isn't permanent, I wouldn't be surprised if when it fully releases there will be a list of nodes it cycles between
  • Options
    how long is this BG beta?
  • Options
    De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★

how long is this BG beta?

It’s until the 28th I believe
  • Options
    Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Disappointing design all around!
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 744 ★★★★
    It can't be only 1 global node. It should be like 3-5 and one gets randomly selected at the beggining. So your bans and draft strategy changes from match to match.
    After 1 day of safeguard, I'm sick of it. Imagine a week. Imagine a month of it, when it gets a full release and have something like BG seasons (like AW).
    Keep us guessing, keep us on our toes. Challenge us to build all around decks.
  • Options
    just a note ... i've seen wins against safe guard with people who have zero DOT ability and the fight is over in like 15 seconds.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★
    I personally think Battle Grounds is rubbish. It’s boring, the rewards for the time spent are garbage. It’s full of players who cheat (how else does one lose a fight inside 15 seconds?) and the game mode drops out randomly.

I’d honestly like to delete the battle grounds option, along with incursions to save space on my iPad.
  • Options
    Bulmkt said:

I personally think Battle Grounds is rubbish. It’s boring, the rewards for the time spent are garbage. It’s full of players who cheat (how else does one lose a fight inside 15 seconds?) and the game mode drops out randomly.

I’d honestly like to delete the battle grounds option, along with incursions to save space on my iPad.

Legit 15-17 second battles exist btw. It's just rare.

Gotta compare with the combo count for seeing legitness.
  • Options
    Wasiq_75Wasiq_75 Posts: 152 ★★

How am I supposed to win in 2 seconds? 😑
  • Options
    ck87_ck87_ Posts: 45
    its like mini chess i love it
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Wasiq_75 said:

How am I supposed to win in 2 seconds? 😑

I’d report that to Kabam support as suspected cheating. The image will be taken down here.
  • Options
    Bulmkt said:

It is in beta so of course rewards are non existent. Also, it's possible to get fights in that time using non DOT. Depends in the matchup
  • Options

Bulmkt said:

It is in beta so of course rewards are non existent. Also, it's possible to get fights in that time using non DOT. Depends in the matchup
    There are technically indirect rewards with the objectives.
    And yeah, it can be passed with non DoT champs. My Stryfe crushes it in BG's
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

just a note ... i've seen wins against safe guard with people who have zero DOT ability and the fight is over in like 15 seconds.

I can only imagine peoples faces when i beat Thing using DDHK in 30 seconds.

a combo of 16+ DDHK has -65% DAAR and basically ignores Safeguard and Things rock stacks.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    RakeYoung said:

a combo of 16+ DDHK has -65% DAAR and basically ignores Safeguard and Things rock stacks.
    I love DDHK in BG's, no one ever sees him as a threat and thusly doesn't ban him.
    He's a true underdog
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I enjoy the game mode a lot
    But NGL, the cheaters are kinda weighing it down & that weight will only increase with time
    And it's just the Beta
    I expect a lot more cheating when actual Battlegrounds hit the servers
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

But that damage without bleeds still might not be enough to take down Things under 30 seconds
    I haven't seen Falcon getting under 30 sec kills so I expect a similar if not slightly lower performance from DDHK
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

RakeYoung said:

But that damage without bleeds still might not be enough to take down Things under 30 seconds
    I haven't seen Falcon getting under 30 sec kills so I expect a similar if not slightly lower performance from DDHK
    If you can get his furies and cruelty stacks rolling, it's possible he can be faster than Falcon
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    AMS94 said:

RakeYoung said:

then you are one of the folks that vastly underestimates DDHK, granted i have an r3 6*, but once you get a few cruelty's in with some fury's and get lucky with an sp2 crit, its about 30k damage.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    RakeYoung said:

AMS94 said:

RakeYoung said:

then you are one of the folks that vastly underestimates DDHK, granted i have an r3 6*, but once you get a few cruelty's in with some fury's and get lucky with an sp2 crit, its about 30k damage.
    And that's not even counting (if enemy isn't bleed immune) the ticks from bleeds either.
    1 fury, and a single cruelty, parry heavy sp2 will hurt if you get crits