**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,359 ★★★★★
Well at first I was positive with them but now I think they have greatly increased the difficulty.

I prefer the autodamage more than the class based paths with nodes like power snack and might charge. Just take out the class penalties, doing map 6 means you don't want to have to plan.
I used to be able to take the minis with some nodes up (100% att/health) but now all the nodes add in something bad.

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    we run one BG with Map 6 and they've all complained
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Really useful feedback; we're 11.8k prestige doing map 5 and boss feedback is the same; used to be able to solo them with 2-4 nodes up whereas now, we'll typically wait until only 1 or 2 are up. But the map aside is much faster, so much so that I was thinking we'd do map 6...

But not with this feedback... AQ is possibly the best reward for effort game mode but also alongside war, the element that makes or breaks alliances who aren't pushing for that top 100 billing.

Making it more of a slog does not appeal and will make alliance leaders and officers "jobs" harder.
  • NeinoIIINeinoIII Posts: 63
    I'd have to agree with everyone's thoughts so far. We've seen higher item usage in our alliance across these last 3 days than we did moving from map 5 to 6 with the old design. The average fight is harder and requires a lot more time for an event people already dread to do every week. Eliminating the class attack reduction is the easiest solution or hell even dropping it to 10-20% would at least be more sustainable.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    We tried the new map but seems like the AI have become more passive.
    [Edit: Passiveness makes d fight longer / spending more time baiting]
    Other than that map for us its easier to complete due to reduced paths.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 506 ★★★
    My BG has been running map 6 with little issue in the past, the new redesign seems more annoying tbh, if kabamm got rid of the class based lanes then we would all mostly be happy. The restrictions along with a mini counter are causing issues, especially for the “backup” members

Remove the atttack reduction and all should be good!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    It’s that’s bad to be honestly it just take time to adjustment.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    Our Ally has historically done Map 5 due to time zone issues and time commitment, so we were hoping these changes would allow more flexibility that we could advance the barrier was never difficulty but logistics.

But given the feedback so far, It’s sounds like Map 5 is where we will stay. After all, we only really care about the glory, and there really isn’t much difference in the final rewards of 5 and 6 when it comes to glory being distributed
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

My alliance has had no problem with Map 6. Hell by the time I wake up the map is cleared.

maybe the reason you had no problem is because you slept through one of the sections.
    And yet my alliance are clearing it while I’m asleep. They can finish it with 9 people instead of the 10 is needed before. Strange don’t you think.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

My alliance has had no problem with Map 6. Hell by the time I wake up the map is cleared.

maybe the reason you had no problem is because you slept through one of the sections.
    And yet my alliance are clearing it while I’m asleep. They can finish it with 9 people instead of the 10 is needed before. Strange don’t you think.
    I’m can se the problem for news account where’s there use to use the same team over and over. So now when there is a tiny bit harder it the end it really only take time to learn
    Drake said:

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

Not strange at all, you're just hard-flexing and lack empathetic abilities. Jump on a thread where the dominant sentiment is pain, and tell them how cool you are because your alliance thinks it's cake. What kind of response did you think you'd get?
    Not lacking empathy at all. It’s just that people are saying this is so much harder than it used to be and it’s really not. Perhaps people need to look at their options better before just hopping into a map instead of relying on the same champs they use every single cycle.
    Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

no one argued that it's a bad thing to have shorter map with less paths... that's the only good thing with the new map.
    but the new nodes and the class restrictions are awful...
    So using different champs and more of your roster is a bad thing? Don’t people complain that AQ is stale because they only ever use the same 3 champs and blitz through. Name one path that’s more difficult than an average Act 6.2 path.
    Graves_3 said:

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ever think about trying map 7 or 8? If you guys are sleep walking through map 6 then you should be trying something more challenging. Or do those maps scare you?
    Honestly, the only reason I’ve never thought about Map 7 or 8 is because I don’t like the AQ ticket system. I find it very arbitrary and would rather use the resources that I would have to spend on those tickets on growing my own roster strength. If they remove those costs then I’d immediately look to a map 7 or 8 alliance without a second thought.
    Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

So using different champs and more of your roster is a bad thing? Don’t people complain that AQ is stale because they only ever use the same 3 champs and blitz through. Name one path that’s more difficult than an average Act 6.2 path.

can't compare the two...

* in 6.2 you can bring 5 counters
    * in 6.2 you can farm revives and potions
    * in 6.2 you can restart the quest and start over
    * in 6.2 you can't go to sleep and wake up to a completed map by your teammates.
    * in 6.2 you don't need to bring two specific classes (under than unlock gates)
    * act 6 many players just skipped exploration of the worst quest ever created straight to act7
    No, but you know what we can compare is path designs.

Hell even act 5 has weakness paths, are you telling me that’s now more difficult than this? Come on now.