**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

@TyEdge

Let me get this straight: you are using Ultron on Power Snack, and you’re blaming the map for this…? Boy, you’re doing something wrong.

In addition to power snack, the path also inflicts poison and gives weakness to all but skill and tech champs. Yes, Ultrons not the ideal champ but he’s an Immunity champ that a lot of people have ranked up.
  • GlobalgodzGlobalgodz Posts: 36
    Get rid of the class nodes! Literally am OK with all other aspects but it went from being comfortable playing map 6 to feeling like I cant win a fight. Either that or keep giving the revives and potions because I won't continue MCOC if you actually have to pay to play.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Map 5 isn't a whole lot better! Ridiculously overpowered defenders, bunches of power gain champs who are holding all the way to their third ( no doubt to give us a chance to use that special boost to reduce damage from a 3rd!)
    Plus they promised they were "working on making it easier to bait out power attacks!"
    Not from what i have seen and experienced.
    Pretty clear what they did! They culled data from the compensation packages, which at the start we were (me anyway) not using and selling instead.
    They used the data to figure out how to make the material difficult enough to cause us use the stuff instead of sell it!
    Now they will take it away and leave a massive gap in the supplies expecting we will break down and buy them.
  • _Barabbas__Barabbas_ Posts: 132
    Luke2323 said:

I’m not running LC/DE, so there is only one debuff to shrug off at the start of the fight from the node.

When there are multiple debuffs e.g. poison and bleed from LC and DE, Kingpin + Hood will only shrug the poison (applies first) as there is a cool-down on KP’s ability.

If you are running LC/DE it won’t work unfortunately.

Good call. However I turn off and on Recoil Masteries for War. I am reluctant to have to do it for Tier 2 in AQ as well. Still doesn't address Tier 1s stackable passive damage reduction debuffs for a simple Parry or same basic 2x. Even without the input bug, that is hard.
  • GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★

Luke2323 said:

AQ Map 6 is a veritable mess. Try doing poison path power snack with skill or tech only, especially with the passive AI not throwing specials -- not fun or easy, few options, and the only intent is to sell more health potions. So many bugs also. Multiple fights opponent damage not registering after timeout or KO; opponent returns to 100%. Class-specific paths say attack damage is limited to class only but try using fully evade-style Quake on a non-science-class path: damage from concussions and aftershocks -- remember, zero contact so no attack has occurred -- is also reduced by 50%, which results in a timeout, and then the timeout bug kicks in, and the opponent goes from less than 10% health to full 100% health. Kabam really expects players to pay for this by buying revives? NFW. Back to map 5, boring as it is, until the bugs get fixed and class restrictions get eliminated. Horrible as is, and I was running the poison paths on the previous map 6 never having to use any resources for full completion.

I’ve been using a team of Kingpin plus hood and mr sinister for the skill lanes.

Kingpin takes every fight easily with this team. Hood allows KP to shrug off all debuffs, including the poison on the poison lane.

Mr Sinister allows KP to power lock the opponent after they use a special, allowing you to dash in and spam heavies. Helps immensely with the power snack node. Just get them to 1 bar, bait the special and they are locked up.
    Interesting. The Poison in poison lane applies at start of fight. Kingpin can only shrug debuffs after start of fight. Much like Liquid Courage. I brought Kingpin with Hood too and he didn't shrug the poison.
    I use to run posion path in old map 6, it worked every time for me immediately he would shrug it off
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★

@TyEdge

Let me get this straight: you are using Ultron on Power Snack, and you’re blaming the map for this…? Boy, you’re doing something wrong.

In addition to power snack, the path also inflicts poison and gives weakness to all but skill and tech champs. Yes, Ultrons not the ideal champ but he’s an Immunity champ that a lot of people have ranked up.

Of course he is. Because people are DYING to follow YouTubers Tier lists and eat up generalisations like “Ultron slaps”. Ultron is one of the most overhyped champs of the past year. Any uniqueness in his kit comes from very high signature levels , which again the community decided that he doesn’t need because “he slaps without it”. I had him on a 6* Nexus and took a hard pass on him. Instead, I maxed out my 5* and took him to sig 200, to give me SOME value in my roster.

Tech champs for power snack and poison lane are basically 2. One is Mysterio and the other one is the only Tech champ that his (many) buffs cannot be nullified, while at the same time make him immune to poison among other things. I will let you figure this out yourself.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    It sucks!
  • DrkaraDrkara Posts: 78
    Map 6
    The shorter paths are much better and makes life easier for alliance with different time zones.
    Concerns are that the AI Seems harder. Map7 feels easier at this point. The nodes and class specific champs make it too limited on champs you can bring and I have a huge diverse roster. Maybe remove class specific nodes or make the nodes attached to those paths easier.
    With input issues and AI passive at that level 1 mistake your champ is dead .
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    It's funny how some threads will be closed immediately if they are controversial or maybe a subject Kabam doesn't want openly discussed anymore, but then this thread that has been around the top of the forums for days now gets no attention that we know of....we just want some acknowledgment.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

@TyEdge

Of course he is. Because people are DYING to follow YouTubers Tier lists and eat up generalisations like “Ultron slaps”. Ultron is one of the most overhyped champs of the past year. Any uniqueness in his kit comes from very high signature levels , which again the community decided that he doesn’t need because “he slaps without it”. I had him on a 6* Nexus and took a hard pass on him. Instead, I maxed out my 5* and took him to sig 200, to give me SOME value in my roster.

Tech champs for power snack and poison lane are basically 2. One is Mysterio and the other one is the only Tech champ that his (many) buffs cannot be nullified, while at the same time make him immune to poison among other things. I will let you figure this out yourself.
    Ultron really doesn’t need he sig to be honestly. It helps but no way in need one map6 at all neither for anything helping him for incinerate so it’s last as long and helling from energy

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

@TyEdge

Sentinel wants a word…
  • FlushFlush Posts: 108
    I've had alliance members complaining about map6 saying more difficult and longer fights with bugs aswell, class based paths doesn't help either
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★

@TyEdge

Why such a snippy tone?

I personally haven’t done that path in map6 but saw the nodes day1 and figure Ultron wouldn’t be ideal for it. I thought of omega sentinel who is immune to nullify and can deal with posion but she’s brand spankin new.

I personally love Ultron and don’t see how his sig has anything to do with his appeal as an immunity and regen champ.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    ShaggyM said:

This thread is kind of long but has anyone brought up they removed the global node and even when the boss is down the mod is still up? There's just no relief on the map.

I've noticed that too. they said few weeks ago that they are going to do that in map8 (and maybe map7 - i don't remember) but I don't remember them saying anything about changing that in map6 too.
    in old map6, removing the global node (one fight before the final boss) used to reduce some of the x% attack\defense and the "3rd special unlock" from the rest of the map, but now in the the new map6 the nodes remain even after global is down.
    Again lack of communication.
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★
    Still nothing -.-
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

@TyEdge

Actually, I was thinking of trying out Vision next week for that lane.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

@TyEdge

Actually, I was thinking of trying out Vision next week for that lane.
    I used my 5* OG vision.
    He’s was doing well with the power gain aspect but it’s a long path to rely on one 5* champ. No room for a single error and still needed help from other attackers vs modok (used moleman).
    Also difficult to use him vs some of the global modifier like parry curse and turn the tide (when he trigger power gain when you weren’t ready for it)
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

So I have:
    1. Classes penalties on paths restricting options
    2. Worse nodes
    3. Increased attack/heath?
    4. Worse links on minis
    5. More passive AI
    6. 118 fights reduced to 109
    7. 2 paths taken out each section

For the removal of 9 fights its a net negative to the player.

I think one of the reasons we’ve struggled is that proactive players absorb larger shares of the load.
    TyEdge said:

So I have:
    1. Classes penalties on paths restricting options
    2. Worse nodes
    3. Increased attack/heath?
    4. Worse links on minis
    5. More passive AI
    6. 118 fights reduced to 109
    7. 2 paths taken out each section

For the removal of 9 fights its a net negative to the player.

I think one of the reasons we’ve struggled is that proactive players absorb larger shares of the load.
    Isn't that the same with all alliances, there are not enough quality and active players with compatible time zones to fill an alliance
    @Kabam Miike brother there is alot of feedback on the new map6, your silence is deafening, a perspective from management would be kindly appreciated