**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Glads said:

TyEdge said:

So I have:
    1. Classes penalties on paths restricting options
    2. Worse nodes
    3. Increased attack/heath?
    4. Worse links on minis
    5. More passive AI
    6. 118 fights reduced to 109
    7. 2 paths taken out each section

For the removal of 9 fights its a net negative to the player.

I think one of the reasons we’ve struggled is that proactive players absorb larger shares of the load.
    Isn't that the same with all alliances, there are not enough quality and active players with compatible time zones to fill an alliance
    Not exactly. On the old map, for example, you had 7-8-10 lanes. I was on path A in phase 1. Depending on who moved on shared paths, it was 3 energy to Hood/Angela, 2 to korg, 2 to Howard, 2 to Doc Octopus, and 2 to mordo.

If I join at 3:15 ET and burn my energy, I can’t get all that. We had a guy on an inner path who’d usually move to hood. My 6 energy still only gets 3 fights and doesn’t finish the line.

In the smaller map, if I insist on burning all energy, there are places where I’m shouldering energy load and fight load in a way I might not have before.

If that is causing a problem, you need to rely on the backup available and stop yourself with a few energy remaining. That assumes backup is timezone compatible to assist.

I felt like we had a higher variance between the best and worst scores in our first week on the new map. I’m not complaining about that fact or the map. I’m just articulating that a best-run alliance would communicate and adjust for.
  • Options
    Also, we cleared all our maps with 440mil points. Our rank dropped from 760ish last time to 888 this time. Ouch.
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★

Are we seriously not going to hear from kabam on this? I think the feedback has been constructive and clear. Hope to hear back before next round of AQ

unfortunately I don't believe we'll hear anything from Kabam... AQ is over so there is less discussion about it, until the next AQ which falls on the weekend so nothing will happened until then
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Also, we cleared all our maps with 440mil points. Our rank dropped from 760ish last time to 888 this time. Ouch.

Thats cause retirement allys like mine are jumping up to map 6 and taking a top 700 spot.
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Glads said:

TyEdge said:

So I have:
    1. Classes penalties on paths restricting options
    2. Worse nodes
    3. Increased attack/heath?
    4. Worse links on minis
    5. More passive AI
    6. 118 fights reduced to 109
    7. 2 paths taken out each section

For the removal of 9 fights its a net negative to the player.

I think one of the reasons we’ve struggled is that proactive players absorb larger shares of the load.
    Isn't that the same with all alliances, there are not enough quality and active players with compatible time zones to fill an alliance
    Not exactly. On the old map, for example, you had 7-8-10 lanes. I was on path A in phase 1. Depending on who moved on shared paths, it was 3 energy to Hood/Angela, 2 to korg, 2 to Howard, 2 to Doc Octopus, and 2 to mordo.

If I join at 3:15 ET and burn my energy, I can’t get all that. We had a guy on an inner path who’d usually move to hood. My 6 energy still only gets 3 fights and doesn’t finish the line.

In the smaller map, if I insist on burning all energy, there are places where I’m shouldering energy load and fight load in a way I might not have before.

If that is causing a problem, you need to rely on the backup available and stop yourself with a few energy remaining. That assumes backup is timezone compatible to assist.

I felt like we had a higher variance between the best and worst scores in our first week on the new map. I’m not complaining about that fact or the map. I’m just articulating that a best-run alliance would communicate and adjust for.
    I don't disagree with you statement the new map6 is much easier to finish time wise. But unfortunately we won't be running that map anymore too many people threatening to leave. I have built thus alliance from 11 people. To my point finding reliable people of sufficient skill is tought not just today but 6yrs ago when started playing. And will be the same for some time to come
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Why did they update nodes anyways? I don’t remember anyone complaining about the old map 6. I enjoyed the poison lanes
  • Options
    Here’s a sad reality - my two alts run map 4 in a 554 group. We got 4050 glory for scoring 222mil. A shred more activity and we would’ve had 4150 glory.

Meanwhile, a week killing ourselves on map 6 netted 440mil points and 4600 glory. Considering what was already purchased, the difference isn’t even one extra t5b buy. Yikes. (And yeah, I know rank rewards and map rewards are different but it isn’t as much as you think)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian

Are we seriously not going to hear from kabam on this? I think the feedback has been constructive and clear. Hope to hear back before next round of AQ

The Map 6 feedback has gotten back to Kabam, but I don't believe we will be getting a response back on it in the immediate term. Not because the feedback is being ignored, but due to temporary resource availability issues.
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★

It's just annoying. Take out the -50% attack and it's fine.

Yes! Let us use whoever we want!

And if they want to keep the indentity paths then give us some sort of bonus for it. Don't punish us if we don't want to.

See, kbm? It flips things from being penalizing and restrictive to allowing us freedom of roster and motivational for those who like an additional "challenge"
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The Map 6 feedback has gotten back to Kabam, but I don't believe we will be getting a response back on it in the immediate term. Not because the feedback is being ignored, but due to temporary resource availability issues.
    How do you know this is true using kabam Mike comments about these issues, this forum has had almost the same response rate as the war potions yet no acknowledgement from HQ
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 519 ★★★
    You would think they'd at least acknowledge this thread by now...
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

I don't buy "temporary availability issue"...
    If you remember, last AQ was supposed to start last Thursday but it still had the old map. it took them less then 24 hours to postpone it, reschedule all AQ events and update to the new map so I'm sure that if they want to change it back to the old map or remove at least the class restrictions until they process all the feedback they can do it in less than 24 hours.
    The issue is that they have "no retreat" or "never go back" policy, especially in issues that doesn't concern the big whales.
  • Options
    ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    The lack of response is because they're not going to change it. So it's set your AQ plans accordingly to the new changes. We had too many complaints, we'll have to go back to limited if at all map6.
  • Options
    Yes, everyone playing should move to map 4. My alliance will endure map 6 and coast to the top ranking. Everyone is happy.
  • Options
    Enlistment for tomorrow's AQ is on.
    This variation of the map looks ever worst...
    I can already visualize StormX on Poison\Power Snack glances on every chance to power drain...
  • Options
    Carmel1 said:

Enlistment for tomorrow's AQ is on.
    This variation of the map looks ever worst...
    I can already visualize StormX on Poison\Power Snack glances on every chance to power drain...

Just use a glancing counter. Oh…
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian
    Glads said:

DNA3000 said:

How do you know this is true using kabam Mike comments about these issues, this forum has had almost the same response rate as the war potions yet no acknowledgement from HQ
    Hold that thought.
  • Options
    OdelasOdelas Posts: 18
    Less way more inactive people. Bad idea. Better give more to people that advance all day. And not the same to other people that only wants the prices. Or better individual events not need to play inside of. Ateam
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 519 ★★★
    ShaggyM said:

The lack of response is because they're not going to change it. So it's set your AQ plans accordingly to the new changes. We had too many complaints, we'll have to go back to limited if at all map6.

Unfortunately this seems to be the truth. As every other thread around is getting comments from moderators...
  • Options
    Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    The combination of nodes and defenders is just bs...
  • Options
    Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    Seriously. 2nd section, 1st path. You can only bring Tech and Skill. 1st defender a Storm X. You have to dex her SP, but dexing and using nearly all techs give her a lot of power. So is it intended, that we should take the specials into the block like 7 years ago or what. It's not only about the class disadvantages, the complete nodes don't fit.

No answer is yet an answer... Kabam doesn't want Map6 to be liked anymore.
    Thez try to push players to map 7 or 8 so they need to spent tickets or what?

In the hole community there are so many players sick of this.
    We are addicted to this game. My launcher said I played it for over 4000 hours yet. We just want a bit of an appreciation or at least an ear or a feedback.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    Damn this poison path!
    I used R3 moleman vs Rulk. Tried not to dex too much because of power snack but too much damage from parry and blocking and still had to dex to bait specials that he refused to throw.
    Then moleman again vs Scarlet Witch, sp3 to the face… it is too much power.
    Vision is the only champ that works for me here but can’t use one 5* champ for entire path and not for all global nodes.
  • Options
    Luke2323Luke2323 Posts: 48
    Carmel1 said:

Damn this poison path!
    I used R3 moleman vs Rulk. Tried not to dex too much because of power snack but too much damage from parry and blocking and still had to dex to bait specials that he refused to throw.
    Then moleman again vs Scarlet Witch, sp3 to the face… it is too much power.
    Vision is the only champ that works for me here but can’t use one 5* champ for entire path and not for all global nodes.

Try Kingpin/Hood/Mr Sinister for this path. Another option is Hawkeye + Nick Fury + DPX.

Both combinations give you poison immunity, power control, good damage to get through the fights quickly + regen.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Granted some changes don't go over well, but AQ is always something that has changed from time to time. It's something we do 5 days a week, consistently. At least those Alliances that run it. For anyone asking why it was changed, change is the only thing preventing monotony.