**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    The PIs seem to be way, way higher. I used to have a few fights with crazy attack values and thus high PI, but the HP pools were small (path F, phase 3). Even with full suicides and some r3 attackers (and no class penalties), these fights are a slog.
  • RomeroKRomeroK Posts: 47
    I feel like the only reason people are finding it tough is coz of not reading nodes as the sets are quite new and people who did map 6 have gotten used to the old nodes.

As someone who has done with map 6 in the past but stuck to doing map 5 coz of absolutely horrible power gain and passive degen nodes do prefer the new map.

I think people will find it a lot easier once they get used to it. Class system is only bad if you like to run single class if, each unique class you bring gives you access to at least one unique path.

The thing i like the most is that path planning seems more or less redundant as long as you check the vacant paths in section 1
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Remember that time where they put 6-stars on the map and everything tuned up hardcore between days? Feels like that.

That’s the “challenge rating” gameplay mechanic.

A 5* is capped at 120 challenge rating, but a max 6* gets a 150 challenge rating. There is a penalty to your stats when fighting an opponent higher than the challenge rating of your attacker.

• DrakeDrake Posts: 101
    OMG... we just did our first new map 5 on day 4. Please for the love of all that is good and pure... COPY THIS TO MAP 6 and just increase hit points! Map 5 is PERFECT. It's forgiving of people's schedules and time zones, it's got nodes you should at least read to not get in trouble but which don't hamstring you for not having specific counters, and most of all is... (wait for it) ... FUN!

I happened to need to join late today and section 1 was already done. We're well into section 2. I don't even care who hasn't joined yet because we clearly have it well in hand. I get to do other things with my night than look up who's missing from my BG and whine at them in Discord! I joined for section 2 and guess what I was treated to? A path in section 2 that had ALL FOUR Corvus charges on one path. So. So. Fun.

A+ on map 5.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I understand that the cool thing to do is jump on the complain band-wagon, but if this thread is about giving honest feedback for new map 6, my overall experience and impressions are positive.

The fact that you only need 8 persons to clear the map 100%,is huge by itself. Less energy requirements and less defenders on the map,,also help with survivability of our champions. Yes, there are some new champions as defenders, perhaps some that people are not familiar with, but it’s only a matter of (short) time to get familiar with them.

I remember some pretty BS fights and paths in the old map 6,that would cost us a couple of items when passing through.

The Class damage reduction is something that should be taken into consideration when choosing paths though. Some decent planning on which member takes a certain path, can go a long way.

I should add that one of our BGs that was running Map 5 before the changes.after checking both new maps, has requested to jump to map 6 permanently, to illustrate my point.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

I understand that the cool thing to do is jump on the complain band-wagon, but if this thread is about giving honest feedback for new map 6, my overall experience and impressions are positive.

The fact that you only need 8 persons to clear the map 100%,is huge by itself. Less energy requirements and less defenders on the map,,also help with survivability of our champions. Yes, there are some new champions as defenders, perhaps some that people are not familiar with, but it’s only a matter of (short) time to get familiar with them.

I remember some pretty BS fights and paths in the old map 6,that would cost us a couple of items when passing through.

The Class damage reduction is something that should be taken into consideration when choosing paths though. Some decent planning on which member takes a certain path, can go a long way.

I should add that one of our BGs that was running Map 5 before the changes.after checking both new maps, has requested to jump to map 6 permanently, to illustrate my point.

Honestly, you’re kinda nuts for this. What terrible fights were item sucks on map 6?

The entire poison/power snack paths are worse than anything on map 6, especially when you consider that day 2/3 PIs we’re worse than old day 5 for us. I’m dying to block damage and Ultron often doesn’t heal bc his regen gets power snacked if timing is off.

Old map 6 had aspect of nightmares and biohazard, where Herc and Corvus respectively could heal for multiple players, and there were more charges on the map. You could tackle minis with aspect of nightmares up and heal. For shedding an average of one fight per person, the fights got way, way harder.
  • UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 197 ★★
    edited April 2022
    ItsDamien said:

My alliance has had no problem with Map 6. Hell by the time I wake up the map is cleared.

I second this. I’ve been using the same team (Ghost, Wasp, Havok) and have not had any problems with any paths.
    Edit: we don’t assign paths.
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 515 ★★★
    edited April 2022

ItsDamien said:

My alliance has had no problem with Map 6. Hell by the time I wake up the map is cleared.

I second this. I’ve been using the same team (Ghost, Wasp, Havok) and have not had any problems with any paths.
    Who do you use for the boss? Or mini bosses rather.
  • UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 197 ★★

ItsDamien said:

Wasp does pretty well against Maw. I don’t remember the other mini bosses are. I think the trick is to bring three different classes so you’re able to take any of the reduced damage paths.
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 515 ★★★

ItsDamien said:

Wasp does pretty well against Maw. I don’t remember the other mini bosses are. I think the trick is to bring three different classes so you’re able to take any of the reduced damage paths.
    I feel ya. Vision arkus, ebony maw, and invisible woman. Mainly maw and Arkus for me require specific counters, so it just makes it a bit more difficult to balance a team that can also tackle the lanes effectively.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited April 2022

ItsDamien said:

smart...
    oh, wait... 3 different classes are not enough... also need unique ability like power control or immune to nullify...
    oh, wait... also not enough.. also need unique immunity like poison...
    oh, wait... also need amazing block proficiency to bait heavies and remove protection...
    oh, wait... there are also global nodes \ modifier...
    oh, wait... there are also some defenders that require unique counter...

6 paths in section1, 6 paths in section2 and 8 in section3.
    less paths than in the old map6 map but with all the restrictions due to nodes\modifier\defenders it feels like we have less options to utilized our floater... meaning, not really a floater...
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

smart...
    oh, wait... 3 different classes are not enough... also need unique ability like power control or immune to nullify...
    oh, wait... also need amazing block proficiency to bait heavies and remove protection...

less paths than in the old map6 map but with all the restrictions due to nodes\modifier\defenders it feels like we have less options to utilized our floater... meaning, not really a floater...
    Really sounds like you’re not ready for Map 6. Literally none of that is a problem if you plan for it.
    LOL. you think I'm new to map6?
    I run it for many years. Also ran map7 for few months until I got sick from the planning and the cost, so overall I can say I have enough experience to compare between the old and the new map
    according to kabam, the idea was to make map5 and 6 easier to help pushing them to map7... so now you are suggesting to step down to map5? lmao
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

smart...

Really sounds like you’re not ready for Map 6. Literally none of that is a problem if you plan for it.
    I run it for many years. Also ran map7 for few months until I got sick from the planning and the cost, so overall I can say I have enough experience to compare between the old and the new map
    according to kabam, the idea was to make map5 and 6 easier to help pushing them to map7... so now you are suggesting to step down to map5? lmao
    Yeah, I am telling you to step down if you can’t deal with the most basic nodes on a watered down map. Either plan better or change map. It is not hard.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Hear me out on this map 6 changes

I haven't played map 6 for months as I am playing map 8 .( Played map 7 too but have more experience in map 8)
    I used to play map 6 and and barely used to use any item. I used to take if not the hardest but one of the hardest path like debuff immune,all or nothing, starbust etc. I always felt that map 6 is long and even more painful than map 7 in terms of nodes. I had friend who had better roster than mine and was in same position (map 6 veteran and really skilled guy with min item use in content over all)

So he told after map 6 changes he don't want to play it anymore. And same goes for his other 18-20 players of alliance who are at same caliber like him. The reason he stated tho map 6 have less paths, it more headache than before. Instead of fun ; he find it chore. With class penalties some of members are facing problem due to their account limits (not their skills tho as they were doing solid job before according to him). He emphasized that combination of defenders, nodes , mods and penalties making the burn out more. He don't like map 6 before due to its length but used to run map 7 only dew times a month due to cost. But in comparison he and his Ally-mates dont like the class penalities.

And in my own experience:- if I were to do map6 in my current ally, I won't have any problem but if I were to go back to one of my old ally , this new changes do impact the performance BG wise rather individually

• The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

smart...

Yeah, I am telling you to step down if you can’t deal with the most basic nodes on a watered down map. Either plan better or change map. It is not hard.
    Are u a leader of an alliance?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,202 ★★★★★
    I once commented map6 design is terrible, and there were 420 billion disagree on that lol.
    The paths were painfully long and tedious.
    It was such a relief when I switched to map7 years ago.