Explain why you use a less popular champion

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★
From YOUR playing experience, what is a less popular champion that you consistently play?

Mine are Dr. Voodoo and Wolverine. They’re really the only few 5 star champions that I still play because of the size of my 6 Star, Rank 2 and 3 roster.

I know that neither champion is at the top of their class but Wolverine with the Apocalypse synergy is just so satisfying to play and watch those critical bleed debuffs stack with maxed deep wounds.

Similarly, Dr. Voodoo with mystic dispersion at a 4 or 5 is just a different champion. He’s constantly making debuffs and gaining power. His utility is still very useful to this day and I would definitely take my 6 star to rank 3 if I ever got him awakened.

What about you? What champs do you use that are less popular?

Comments

• JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Member Posts: 500 ★★★
    Dormammu
    Sick design and smooth animations
    His power control is top tier so I use him in annoying fights which require good power control.
    His damage with boosts and suicides is ok.
    I've used him mostly to deal with korgs
  • OmniformOmniform Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2022
    I love using Under-Utilized champs. Psylocke, Sentry, Purgatory, Annihilus, Silver Surfer, Super Skrull etc. If you cant tell, I enjoy the niche champs. Its typically because I like the character or they feel interesting and fun to play
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

I use my r3 gwenpool regularly because of nostalgia of the good old days

On a scale of Archangel to Cap WW2, how well does she hold up today?
    Closer to AA than cap
    that's like half the spectrum tho
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
    America Chavez is one of my favorite marvel characters, she’s got sick animations, her in-game mechanics are interesting to me, and i enjoy tackling different fights and challenges in content with her.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Mysterio (with Peni) and Elsa. People don’t seem to realize how much dmg they can both pump out in a short amount of time, and in addition to that they’re just fun to use
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Venom.....he is my favorite cosmic champ & that's probably bcoz of how simple & effective he is
    I also like his character model & animations

And recently I have found myself using Wags more than Rags in story content just bcoz of that passive stun
    Even though I feel Wags should've had slightly more damage but he's still fine & brings a lot to the table with his guidance

And a few years back Killmonger was one of my main attackers, specially bcoz of his tankiness, his utility, & his synergy with Void (who was my primary attacker at that time)
  • Dash855Dash855 Member Posts: 239
    Og gully. Such smooth animations and the damage isn’t bad. If kabam buffed her again to heal even more she would prob be used a lot more
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★
    Hood with moleman and kg synergy.. Hood can literally clear anything only limitation is his ammo which moleman obliterates.. Plus those synergies are useful by themselves a lot so not wasting any spot on team for synergy
  • MysterioMysterio Member Posts: 1,103 ★★★★
    Ebony Maw and Vulture both do more than enough damage to finish a fight in a quick enough speed while offering some good utility.
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,474 ★★★★
    Elsa has great damage, an evade counter and shrugs off non damaging debuffs
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Mysterio said:

Mysterio (with Peni) and Elsa. People don’t seem to realize how much dmg they can both pump out in a short amount of time, and in addition to that they’re just fun to use

Since when am I unpopular?
    First Stark, then Parker, now this. When are we going to stop hurting Quentin?
  • IRQIRQ Member Posts: 323 ★★

Zan0 said:

I use my r3 gwenpool regularly because of nostalgia of the good old days

On a scale of Archangel to Cap WW2, how well does she hold up today?
    Well, my readings tell that her placement on that scale is exactly at "Gwenpool".

• Sammy0421HSammy0421H Member Posts: 92
    Y’all should try a full MLLLH combo with wasp
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    To this day, I am shocked Silver Surfer isn’t one of the most popular characters in the game

I am totally serious. Use that kit all the time
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,413 Guardian
    I play sersi a lot. A ton of people sleep on her damage potential, as well as her utility. Her glancing is great because it shuts off offensive ability accuracy of enemies. It can also be a life saver if you mess up. At 10 furies, which is easy to get, she is doing over 10k mediums, which is very nice. With herc synergy, she can have guaranteed crits on specials and have uptime on the furies indefinitely. Her healing potential is absurdly good. She is a great defender in war and Battlegrounds, and she is a fun champ to play with overall.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,328 ★★★★★

Isn't that how people usually play Wasp?
  • Sammy0421HSammy0421H Member Posts: 92
    Terra said:

Isn't that how people usually play Wasp?
    Yes, consistent 25k per combo. I love her
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    Wagneto- great utility. Good damage.
  • QacobQacob Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Hawkeye.

He can slow down time.

Hawkeye = Kang
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,876 ★★★★★
    Ghost Rider.

I'm not necessarily using him to clear the hardest content, but he's so insanely sustainable with that Life Steal of his; and he has far more versatility than he's given credit for. He's not left my AQ team in years.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,503 ★★★★★
    Not sure if he's less popular, but I just took Venom to R3, Unduped. He's still a beast.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,544 ★★★★
    Miles Morales with Mysterio and Doom or Spider-ham are fun attackers in AW.. although I have Ghost.. I sort of like Mysterio more.. might even rank3 him over Ghost.