**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI Tweaks and the Effectiveness of Taunt

13»

Comments

• Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Maybe they dont want to admit there is "another bug" in the game that could potentially require further comp.

Or they dont want to further upset people that a change was made without any announcements.
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Taunt does nothing other than make the defender more passive, much like a power gain. Period. It is working as they intend. On an otherwise already passive AI, just makes it worse to play. Power sting, porker poppers, etc... put them on a defender and watch what happens to the AI.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Works fine for me
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Works fine for me

yeah, great, we don't care, you re off subject.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    I've been using taunt just fine with Miles, I feel like he has one if the most potent feeling taunts though

Baiting specials on the other hand, is a nightmare. Takes me a full 30+ seconds sometimes.
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I see this a good bit now. Plus, I see an absolutely stingy AI when it comes to throwing specials that would create an opening for players to deal damage—especially in some of the limited window damage opportunity situations.

I also see what I would call increased AI “reach” (what is probably just a slow recognition of dash back input) where the AI barely tags me when I should be evading. I think there is a good bit of tiny delay when recognizing player inputs—as well as just plain input failure.

I’m not convinced it’s not entirely accidental. But I would more than appreciate a dialogue (not a Community monologue) about it.

Thank-you, because this is everyday now. I only really do aq, eq and side quest nowadays because of all these issues. Its so demoralising. The slight lag or time delay has made doing the harder content almost impossible. I used to play pretty much constantly. Now it's just to fulfill my alliance duties and do a couple of quest runs a day.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    It's taunting us all.... so I would say it's working as Kabam intended, not as we thought it would.....
  • Options
    You should show footage of the AI *consistently* refuse to throw specials while a taunt is active coz 30% a taunt is unsuccessful is still quite high. Try do it somewhere that's not ROL since the AI there is garbage in general. Practice matches should be fine. I'm sure that would help the devs pin down and fix the issue.
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Works fine for me

yeah, great, we don't care, you re off subject.
    Ironic
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

You should show footage of the AI *consistently* refuse to throw specials while a taunt is active coz 30% a taunt is unsuccessful is still quite high. Try do it somewhere that's not ROL since the AI there is garbage in general. Practice matches should be fine. I'm sure that would help the devs pin down and fix the issue.

I'm glad if you haven't experienced it, however, I have a litany of fights, beyond count showing ai being passive as all get out with power gain and the like nodes active.

Goes for everyone, just because you might not have experienced it, doesn't mean no one has.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    N7Donkey said:

I've noticed AI recovery time after throwing a heavy seems to be lightning fast now, I don't remember this being a thing before. So they throw a heavy which doesn't connect, you go to counter heavy right next to them or throw a special but they get there first no matter how quick you are. This is something I've noticed a lot over the last week or so but wanted to see if this was just me being slow...I don't think it is.

I feel like the AI has always had an ability to flow seamlessly into a ready special after a heavy (my most painful example is AV, who seems to be able yo move from his second hit of his heavy immediately into a special). I also feel like there’s a “push goes to the dealer” type of approach when the player and the AI try to launch specials at the same time (I get this all of the time, especially if I play badly enough to get pinned against the wall—forget trying to get away by launching a special).

To me these are things that have been a part of the game for as long as I can recall. They may have gotten worse with the AI and the ongoing game mechanics issues, which may be what you are seeing. The problems have persisted for so long I honestly can’t remember what playing a stable, reliable MCoC feels like.

Dr. Zola