Options

Act 6 is still hard

Comments

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I'd settle with an apology message from Kabam to all the forum users, youtubers, and everyone else in the community to tried to fight the rarity gate restrictions.

Back when it was first released, getting say 4 x 5* champs of the same class that you wanted to invest resources in or contributed via synergy was a real PITA, especially for a couple of the bosses (e.g. bringing 4 skill champs to 6.2.6).

When Act 6 was first constructed, those gates served a specific purpose based on the intent of the content. Those gates were not wrong, they still serve that purpose. It is the intent of the content itself that has changed, based on an evolution of how the game treats story arc content. They don't really have anything to apologize for. This is not a hah, see, we were right all along moment. That's like saying they need to apologize to everyone who complained about Act 2 being too hard, because they made it shorter and simpler, so all those people were also right all along.
    The fact that Kabam stopped using gates in story content disproves your statement. They know it was a horrible idea that didn’t serve any purpose other than to frustrate the fan base.
    They served the purpose of building a wide and diversified roster, instead of ranking up a team of 5 very strong champs and stroll through content.
    And to be honest, the gates idea had aged better than any other addition that was diversifying story quests.
    Act6 had aged like fine wine, remaining challenging but nowhere near bs, with modern champs and 6*s r3/r4 available.
    For me, Act6 only needed an easy path on each quest, rather than a total nerf destroying the last challenging content in the game.
    That would make it still easy to do an initial completion, but the the exploration would remain a challenging task that would require from players skills, tactical upgrades and resources management.
    In contrast, Kabam chose to go the “Act7” way of creating content, which it was undeniably fun, but to copy paste it and spam it everywhere (Act8, now Act6) makes it just boring and content less anticipated, at least for me.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,202 ★★★★★
    Low energy cost and no gates
    I see that as win
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,074 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    According to that video
    https://youtu.be/Md4zF2-ASxQ
    the first chapters became harder. It is indeed not a nerf
  • Options
    AyrusSethAyrusSeth Posts: 79
    It was never meant to be easy..
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    AyrusSeth said:

Don't think anyone said it was supposed to be, but what's a definition of a nerf?

nerf
    To weaken or make less dangerous. Taken from the "Nerf" brand name, which makes sports equipment toys out of a soft foam (e.g., the Nerf football is soft foam rather than the hard leather of a real football). Used frequently in the context of computer game balance changes.

And did the attack values become more forgiving? No, not really - only on the bosses. They increase quite a bit on the paths in many cases + the increased health pools.

This is another case of a player base being setup for one thing, and another reality actually occurring. There really isn't any new motivation for people who didn't want to do this in the first place to go back and do it now. Maybe some, but overall, nope, not really. I've done everything in game but ACT 6 exploration and Abyss exploration. Both are way too time consuming for me and not really worth the effort as an existing TB who is nearing Paragon. Now, those who haven't achieved Cavalier are likely to have a harder time on the paths than before. Personally, along with many others, think the NERF is pretty much a bust if the intention was to get more people to 1) become Cavalier and on their way to TB and Paragon down the road and/or 2) get existing Cavalier/TB to want to go back and explore Act 6 when most of the same things that made ACT 6 unappealing, still exist.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/304277/big-changes-coming-to-act-6-this-june/p1

• Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

AyrusSeth said:

Don't think anyone said it was supposed to be, but what's a definition of a nerf?

nerf
    To weaken or make less dangerous. Taken from the "Nerf" brand name, which makes sports equipment toys out of a soft foam (e.g., the Nerf football is soft foam rather than the hard leather of a real football). Used frequently in the context of computer game balance changes.

And did the attack values become more forgiving? No, not really - only on the bosses. They increase quite a bit on the paths in many cases + the increased health pools.

This is another case of a player base being setup for one thing, and another reality actually occurring. There really isn't any new motivation for people who didn't want to do this in the first place to go back and do it now. Maybe some, but overall, nope, not really. I've done everything in game but ACT 6 exploration and Abyss exploration. Both are way too time consuming for me and not really worth the effort as an existing TB who is nearing Paragon. Now, those who haven't achieved Cavalier are likely to have a harder time on the paths than before. Personally, along with many others, think the NERF is pretty much a bust if the intention was to get more people to 1) become Cavalier and on their way to TB and Paragon down the road and/or 2) get existing Cavalier/TB to want to go back and explore Act 6 when most of the same things that made ACT 6 unappealing, still exist.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/304277/big-changes-coming-to-act-6-this-june/p1

I'm pretty sure the goal of the nerf was to get more people to reach TB, not Cavalier. Cavalier hasn't been a challenge in multiple years, and only gets easier as time passes, more champions are released and higher tier resources become more available, not to mention Act 6 has already been nerfed multiple times before.
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    If you try explore act 6 you'll be found that it was enough nerf, once you work on 6.2.5 you give thanks to kanam for nerf clsdd gates, in my experience this is the hardest in all act 6 and the gates restriction made it even harder, i adviced you develop your roster don't all content is made for al players, i wonder how do you roster looks.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,921 Guardian

AyrusSeth said:

nerf

When the easy stuff gets harder and the hard stuff gets easier, that's not a tie. That's easier. Because for most players, it is the hardest stuff that is the bottleneck.

Yes, it is possible that for someone who is just arriving in 6.1, they might see a somewhat harder time now than if they arrived six months ago. However, they will have a much easier time clearing Act 6 in total. In the long run, that's a net win, because most of the complaints about Act 6 difficulty were concentrated on the bosses, a few tough fights, and the latter chapters that ramped up so much.

Instead of completing 6.1 and then getting stuck, more players will find moving on to 6.2 and 6.3 and 6.4 much more of a graceful ramp upward, once they achieve enough strength to complete 6.1. That's a definitely improvement in the experience overall.

• Options
    Final_OrderFinal_Order Posts: 120

I strongly disagree I did the Act 6.3 completion in just one day with barely any resources

Who did you use?
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,202 ★★★★★
    BullDOSR said:

Act 6 nerf, pff right. There are no real changes outside the champion boss fight and removing some gates. Enemy attack values are practically the same and in many cases the health pools are even larger. To be clear, I’m already thronebreaker and I initially cleared and 100% some chapters with 5* r5s pre “nerf”, now I’m going back post “nerf” with 6* r3s and still getting ko’d in a single combo or special attack. It’s honestly ridiculous. This is a fighting game that doesn’t allow you to have a real fight and exchange blows with the opponent. Basically you can’t make mistakes, can’t get hit and have to play flawlessly for the win. It’s a joke. IMO the single biggest problem with this game has always been the outrageous champion boosts given to the defenders. The challenge should come from the nodes and using proper counter champs, not from broken attack/heath values. I really hope Kabam reevaluates and readjusts All act 6 fights for the better of the entire player base. It’s about quality of life and the greater majority or players want better than what Kabam is delivering!

Bro you are complaining with r3s 😶😶😶😶 I did Carina challenge with 5 star r4s.
    Yes 6.1 is harder than before due to attack and hp values. But real wins came from 6.2. (especially 6.2.5) those class gates+ rarity gates+ Global nodes +BS defender nodes with most annoying defenders was the problem.
    That's best thing happened since act 6 cams. No gates+ 2 energy per tile is best thing I can ask in Act 6. surely some work on some fights is appreciated but except those it's fine as of now.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Only veterans will remember the pain and sweet success of exploring the former untouched act 6. A title would be cool

Yeah would love some sort of title for people who did the original act 6 100% before the first round of nerfs
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 788 ★★★
    OK... do you think it should be easy? Each title... whether it be paragon or uncollected should "mean something".

I totally am on board with many of the changes (e.g. removing the rarity gates)... but players tackling act 6 today have access to far more and better champions... they shouldn't also need the difficulty ratchetted down (unless we are also going to lower the rewards... funny how when the difficulty goes up we ask for more rewards, but with it going down... we don't think the reverse should also be true).
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,330 ★★★★★

AyrusSeth said:

nerf

Not once did Kabam use the word nerf.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★★

BullDOSR said:

Act 6 nerf, pff right. There are no real changes outside the champion boss fight and removing some gates. Enemy attack values are practically the same and in many cases the health pools are even larger. To be clear, I’m already thronebreaker and I initially cleared and 100% some chapters with 5* r5s pre “nerf”, now I’m going back post “nerf” with 6* r3s and still getting ko’d in a single combo or special attack. It’s honestly ridiculous. This is a fighting game that doesn’t allow you to have a real fight and exchange blows with the opponent. Basically you can’t make mistakes, can’t get hit and have to play flawlessly for the win. It’s a joke. IMO the single biggest problem with this game has always been the outrageous champion boosts given to the defenders. The challenge should come from the nodes and using proper counter champs, not from broken attack/heath values. I really hope Kabam reevaluates and readjusts All act 6 fights for the better of the entire player base. It’s about quality of life and the greater majority or players want better than what Kabam is delivering!

Yes 6.1 is harder than before due to attack and hp values. But real wins came from 6.2. (especially 6.2.5) those class gates+ rarity gates+ Global nodes +BS defender nodes with most annoying defenders was the problem.
    That's best thing happened since act 6 cams. No gates+ 2 energy per tile is best thing I can ask in Act 6. surely some work on some fights is appreciated but except those it's fine as of now.
    This is so true
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 788 ★★★★

AyrusSeth said:

nerf

Not once did Kabam use the word nerf.
    This is why I always referred to it as "changes", because honestly the term "nerf" is thrown around too much here.

Still, being tuned up seems a little odd if the intent was to make Act 6 less painful, but I haven't really looked past 6.1 again.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,330 ★★★★★
    I've been testing 6.4, and it's definitely easier.
  • Options
    BullDOSRBullDOSR Posts: 23

BullDOSR said:

If you're struggling with current R3s in Act 6 the problem is you, not the content.
    The problem isn’t me. I’m not struggling. I’m still completing most of it fairly easily but I’m not a perfect player by any means and do occasionally make a mistake. That one mistake shouldn’t cost me the fight, especially now when I’m using 6* opposed to previous runs with 5*. It was Kabam that stated they were retuning the content to be more forgiving but the exact opposite is what has actually happened.
  • Options
    BullDOSRBullDOSR Posts: 23
    Also nobody deserves anything extra for beating old act 6 unless you did it item less. Anyone could farm or just buy healths and revives and easily get it done that way. That’s not deserving of any kind of title or compensation. I love hearing all these wacked out players trying to claim some sort of honor or prestige when none of them beat anything one shot or itemless.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Did 6.2.1s Sym Supremes value increase ???

Civil warrior, Mr.Negative and Red Guardian will work best I think any champion works in that fight just have to be careful with his power gain

I strongly disagree I did the Act 6.3 completion in just one day with barely any resources

Who did you use?
    @Final_Order Magneto Red, Ultron, Warlock, Sym Supreme, Sorcerer Supreme, Hyperion, Odin, Cap Beardo, Nick Fury and Aegon specially for that 6.3 Cap
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    BullDOSR said:

To be clear, I’m already thronebreaker and I initially cleared and 100% some chapters with 5* r5s pre “nerf”, now I’m going back post “nerf” with 6* r3s and still getting ko’d in a single combo or special attack.

I think with this node combination, one hit KO is normal.

• Options
    FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 149 ★★

BullDOSR said:

So, if YOU have done with 5* r4, then other 200.000 players should be able to do it 😆
    Any other challenges YOU have done and we need to know, I just want an update 🤔🤔🤔