**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thanks for the compensation, but....

TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,244 ★★★★
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
Thanks for the compensation. The 6* crystals and other resources are great, but this comp was missing some very crucial resources. Lack of champions aren't the reasons we were dying at alarming rates in the game, the constant bugs were..bugs that caused unreasonable K.O's. In addition to the comp, I think we should have gotten a SUBSTANTIAL amount of revives and health potions for every part of the game (Quest, AQ, AW, Incursions) where we have had to deplete units on revives and health potions, because of the issues. Why is it so hard for Kabam to compensate us those? And I'm not talking about the crumbs of revives and health we got the other day. Those don't even make up for the numerous losses that we've dealt with. Some of us have been enduring these issues for YEARS, yet Kabam still refuses to budge on health and revives.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    We're not going to get a year's worth of Pots and Revs. We couldn't even store it.
  • Options
    I never said I was against it. I'm looking at it realistically. A generic package is rarely everything that was used, or even close to it. We're talking 9 or 10 months of issues, and varying degrees of being affected. There are limits to what they can provide.
    We also received weekly Compensation during that time, and periodically received Solo Comp.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Yea, spent a lot of those resources (and units) due to the issues particularly on exploring Act 7. Would’ve appreciate to get at least a chunk of revives and pots.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    They were giving us revives and potions the whole time. And both are easy enough to farm. Also there was substantial glory and loyalty in the package, which can be used to buy some revives and potions.
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★

We're not going to get a year's worth of Pots and Revs. We couldn't even store it.

Actually we can clear some good content right away, also the bugs in the game make sure that we spend enough potions, lol
  • Options
    I'm pointing out that people saying "a year of bugs" is blind to the fact that they haven't done nothing.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 Explained it better than I could, but this package has been pushed back, and wouldn't likely include consumables because they could have released those at any time.
    I get what you're saying, but we almost certainly wouldn't be getting back whatever we used in the last 10 months. Nor could we calculate that in any reasonable means where it would apply to everyone.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Again, I'm not saying players shouldn't receive more consumables than they got, but there was no reason to expect them in this package, because *if* the devs were going to hand out consumables, they would not wait for this package to do it in. This package was itself pushed back several times. Would it make sense for consumable potions and revives to be put into a compensation package that was going to be held until all of the patches addressing at least the bulk of the issues were released?

If we were going to get more potions, the one place they almost certainly would not have been in is this package. And to the extent that not all of the issues have been fully resolved, there's still the case to be made that consumables should be sent out separately. But not in the reward compensation package, because this wasn't tied to consumable usage, it could have been handed out months ago or even, had circumstances been different, months later.

Consumables have to be given out when the players need them not when the problem is fixed.

Then what was all the data collection for? We were constantly told that the package was being delayed due to needing to collect and analyze data. Nothing in this package appears to be data driven. Indeed this generic package could’ve been sent out at anytime in the last 6 months or so.
    Not everyone was affected by the issues, gonna guess that the data collection was to figure out a ratio of who was/wasn’t in order to figure out an even distribution of comp.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm OK with the compensation for the most part. Some high level health pots and team revives would be nice since most people don't have them in stash. But it wasn't bad.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

I'm pointing out that people saying "a year of bugs" is blind to the fact that they haven't done nothing.

So they did something.
  • Options

They were giving us revives and potions the whole time. And both are easy enough to farm. Also there was substantial glory and loyalty in the package, which can be used to buy some revives and potions.

So waste a valuable resource given to us, on another resource that should've been given to us? Lol ok.
  • Options

I'm OK with the compensation for the most part. Some high level health pots and team revives would be nice since most people don't have them in stash. But it wasn't bad.

Yeah it wasn't bad comp. I just know Kabam likes to dodge giving us much needed revives and health that we could've benefitted from. Especially since they're the cause of the issues in the game. Instead they'd rather us keep paying out of pocket or deplete hard earned units for their issues.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Again, I'm not saying players shouldn't receive more consumables than they got, but there was no reason to expect them in this package, because *if* the devs were going to hand out consumables, they would not wait for this package to do it in. This package was itself pushed back several times. Would it make sense for consumable potions and revives to be put into a compensation package that was going to be held until all of the patches addressing at least the bulk of the issues were released?

If we were going to get more potions, the one place they almost certainly would not have been in is this package. And to the extent that not all of the issues have been fully resolved, there's still the case to be made that consumables should be sent out separately. But not in the reward compensation package, because this wasn't tied to consumable usage, it could have been handed out months ago or even, had circumstances been different, months later.

Consumables have to be given out when the players need them not when the problem is fixed.

Then what was all the data collection for? We were constantly told that the package was being delayed due to needing to collect and analyze data. Nothing in this package appears to be data driven. Indeed this generic package could’ve been sent out at anytime in the last 6 months or so.
    The data they were analyzing was to determine if the specific input issues were sufficiently resolved to be able to send out a compensation package for those issues. As I said, the intent was to give this out when the issues were resolved. When it was clear it would be a very long time before they were resolved, Kabam sent out an interim reward package, hoping the next one would be the last one. This one was sent out when they were convinced the specific input issue was resolved, or resolved enough.

Keep in mind, this compensation package was not intended to address *all problems in the game*. It was intended to address one very specific problem: the iOS Unity time step refactor change. That's it. All the other issues that have come up, some of which players are experiencing as input related, have nothing directly to do with that. People are still experiencing issues, but the iOS Unity time step refactor change is the one Kabam believes they now have resolved enough to send out final compensation for. They may have decided to throw in some stuff there because of other issues that have cropped up, but the package itself was driven by that one bug, and its release to the players was contingent on resolving that one problem

That required a lot of data collection to determine, because there's no objective way to determine when it has been resolved. It is *impossible* for the game to *ever* replicate the behavior of the old engine. So the issue can't be considered fixed when the current engine replicates the old behavior. As a result, the only way the devs can conclude the issue is resolved is if the engine behaves close enough to the old one for the impact on the players to be minimized. But we can't even simply wait until players report the issues are gone, because some players aren't experiencing the problems to the same degree, and some players were reporting issues before the change was even introduced. So Kabam cannot wait for all problem reports to go away, they have to wait until the level of problem reports returns to its previous pre-Unity upgrade levels. When the same number of players report roughly the same degree of problems as before and the in-game performance of the players returns to a similar pattern as before, that's when they would conclude things are as close to normal as they are ever going to get.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

The data they were analyzing was to determine if the specific input issues were sufficiently resolved to be able to send out a compensation package for those issues. As I said, the intent was to give this out when the issues were resolved. When it was clear it would be a very long time before they were resolved, Kabam sent out an interim reward package, hoping the next one would be the last one. This one was sent out when they were convinced the specific input issue was resolved, or resolved enough.

Keep in mind, this compensation package was not intended to address *all problems in the game*. It was intended to address one very specific problem: the iOS Unity time step refactor change. That's it. All the other issues that have come up, some of which players are experiencing as input related, have nothing directly to do with that. People are still experiencing issues, but the iOS Unity time step refactor change is the one Kabam believes they now have resolved enough to send out final compensation for. They may have decided to throw in some stuff there because of other issues that have cropped up, but the package itself was driven by that one bug, and its release to the players was contingent on resolving that one problem

That required a lot of data collection to determine, because there's no objective way to determine when it has been resolved. It is *impossible* for the game to *ever* replicate the behavior of the old engine. So the issue can't be considered fixed when the current engine replicates the old behavior. As a result, the only way the devs can conclude the issue is resolved is if the engine behaves close enough to the old one for the impact on the players to be minimized. But we can't even simply wait until players report the issues are gone, because some players aren't experiencing the problems to the same degree, and some players were reporting issues before the change was even introduced. So Kabam cannot wait for all problem reports to go away, they have to wait until the level of problem reports returns to its previous pre-Unity upgrade levels. When the same number of players report roughly the same degree of problems as before and the in-game performance of the players returns to a similar pattern as before, that's when they would conclude things are as close to normal as they are ever going to get.
    TL;DR you can keep all the technical yada, yada, yada to yourself. It doesn’t change the fact that the compensation package did not compensate the core issue that players experienced which was taking needless damage and deaths due to shoddy control issues. Health pots and revives was the appropriate response not crystals and rank up mats. In my view the hero crystals and mats are the apology and we have still not been properly compensated.

It is what it is at this point and not likely to change all I or anyone can do is change our response to kabam. I for one will keep the thousands of dollars I would normally spend in game over the course of the year to myself from now on and I encourage others to do the same. It’s clear to see the player base is on the wrong end of a very abusive relationship with kabam.
    Did they or did they not provide weekly Compensation with Pots and Revs, as well as occasional Solo Items? Being dissatisfied with what they gave is our prerogative. Ignoring what was done along the way is ignorant. They made efforts in other ways.
    The idea that they're going to compensate for every Rev or Pot we used in the last 10 months is asinine.
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 537 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

TL;DR you can keep all the technical yada, yada, yada to yourself. It doesn’t change the fact that the compensation package did not compensate the core issue that players experienced which was taking needless damage and deaths due to shoddy control issues. Health pots and revives was the appropriate response not crystals and rank up mats. In my view the hero crystals and mats are the apology and we have still not been properly compensated.

It is what it is at this point and not likely to change all I or anyone can do is change our response to kabam. I for one will keep the thousands of dollars I would normally spend in game over the course of the year to myself from now on and I encourage others to do the same. It’s clear to see the player base is on the wrong end of a very abusive relationship with kabam.
    TL;DR
    I'm glad to see you're going to keep spending on the game! Let's keep this ship afloat!!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Yeah it wasn't bad comp. I just know Kabam likes to dodge giving us much needed revives and health that we could've benefitted from. Especially since they're the cause of the issues in the game. Instead they'd rather us keep paying out of pocket or deplete hard earned units for their issues.
    How can you even type this out seriously after the nearly 9 months of weekly comp of pots and revs that we got. Regular questing pots/revs came about once a month.

How is that dodging?
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★

How can you even type this out seriously after the nearly 9 months of weekly comp of pots and revs that we got. Regular questing pots/revs came about once a month.

How is that dodging?
    You know some players need these normal revives more then AQ/AW pots we recieved. No need to silence/hush players that have other needs or wishes.

Side note: I have yet to find any comment or post with you not heavily defending posts or idolizing kabam's moves or changes whom ironicly impact lower end players (or dare i say F2P). Makes me wonder.... why?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

If you want me to keep my answers to myself, you should keep your questions to yourself first.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Lorddrew said:

How is that dodging?
    You know some players need these normal revives more then AQ/AW pots we recieved. No need to silence/hush players that have other needs or wishes.

Side note: I have yet to find any comment or post with you not heavily defending posts or idolizing kabam's moves or changes whom ironicly impact lower end players (or dare i say F2P). Makes me wonder.... why?
    How was what I said silencing or hushing? I asked a question. I've already said I'm other posts that I was surprised the package didn't include those resources.

My comment was asking how it can be considered "dodging" when they supplied everyone with pots and revs for months which is why it makes sense as to why it wasn't included in the big package.

They also just gave some in the energy comp. So the question still stands of how it can be considered dodging?