**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mole-Man true accuracy removed during Frenzy.

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

The_Chump said:

solopolo said:

solopolo said:

@solopolo when you say "In your hypothetical, Moleman's text literally states something that the champion does not do" I really worry that you're not following what I'm saying. My hypothetical is quite literally the situation where Moleman does do that.

It's like me saying hypothetically lets say my name is bob, and you said "In your hypothetical, your name literally isn't bob".

So please, answer my question that I've been trying to get you to answer for the last 3 posts.

Ok, in my hypothetical scenario:

Moleman/Surging Vengeance works correctly in game. Their ability description doesn't reflect what goes on.

Moleman's description goes
    from: “When below 10 MM and not in frenzy MM gains a TA passive"
    to: "When below 10 MM and not in frenzy MM gains a TA passive, this TA stays while in frenzy”.

Surging Vengeance goes
    from: "Uses Special Attacks in consecutive order from 1 to 3, restarting from the beginning after Special 3."
    to: ""Uses Special Attacks in consecutive order from 1 to 3, restarting from the beginning after Special 3. If this opponent gets to SP3 they will use it immediately".

just stick to the hypothetical, where MM isn't bugged, his text doesn't say something he cannot do, because in my hypothetical Moleman is supposed to keep his TA in frenzy. This is important.

What is the difference between those two situations?

The difference is that you've completely changed the way that Moleman's ability functions. You've now created a lingering effect that only checks its condition upon initial activation rather than a continuous one that is only active under the conditions of Frenzy not being active AND Moleman being below 10 Monster Mass, and as a result the line you've added at the end is completely unnecessary because the True Accuracy wouldn't fall off upon activating Frenzy regardless.
    Tell me, do you know the point of hypotheticals? I'm presenting a situation to ask about your logic and views on that situation. And when I do, you're acting like you have no idea what a hypothetical is.

With the bob example, it's like I've said "hypothetically lets say my name is bob", and you said "In your hypothetical, you've changed your name to bob! That's not allowed". Yes... that's the point of a hypothetical.

In response to me saying "Imagine Moleman's abilities are like this" and you've said "No you have changed what Moleman's abilities are like". Do you not see how you are missing the point of the hypothetical?

My whole point here, is that if Moleman's ability description was changed and it wasn't a bug you would have no way to explain the difference between that and surging vengeance because there isn't one. Your only differences you've offered are "Moleman is bugged" (my hypothetical states that it's not bugged), "you've added an ability to moleman" (no, my hypothetical is that moleman has that ability) and surging vengeance description accurately portrays what happens in game (no it doesn't, because in the same way you can't answer 1, 5, 76, 77 and 98 as the answer to "name 5 consecutive numbers between 1-100", a champion going from sp1 to sp3 is *not* consecutive)

Either, you don't understand what a hypothetical is, in which case let me know and I can explain it in more detail. Or you do understand, but you're deliberately playing as though you don't in order to disingenuously answer my questions by ignoring the hypothetical because you know that it proves my point.

So I'll give it one last try to attempt for you to actually take part in this debate honestly.

Just for one second, please try and imagine a world where the way that Moleman functions as of yesterday is quite literally the way he is supposed to work with the "lingering effect that only checks its condition upon initial activation rather than a continuous one that is only active under the conditions of Frenzy not being active AND Moleman being below 10 Monster Mass" as you describe. Imagine that is all part of his abilities, but not his description.

So, if Moleman isn't bugged, and if no abilities have been added to him by me or anyone else, and if his description was changed to represent what happens in the game. Why is that not the exact same situation as SV being updated to represent what it does in the game?

Please, try not to answer anything along the lines of "his abilities are changed", "he's bugged" or anything else that clearly betrays your lack of knowledge about hypotheticals or consecutive. Either you're being performatively unaware in order to avoid admitting my point, or you genuinely don't know what these words mean.
    All you've managed to accomplish with thes posts is prove that you're in no position to nitpick kabam's wording, and you don't even realize it.

Allow me to break this down for you.

Surging Vengeance's issue is not about nitpicking definitions of any specific word, it's simply that the node doesn't mention what happens once the defender reaches 3 bars of power before using their sp2. It is missing information which results in confusion as to how the ability functions. The only change that needs to happen here is to add said missing information to the node description.

In order to fix Moleman there are 2 potential scenarios.

EITHER they change how the ability functions in order to fit the description, meaning the ability itself was not functioning as intended, and the description is accurate.

OR they alter the wording in order to match how the champion functions in game, meaning the issue was actually with the champion's text.

You've done neither. Instead you threw out both abilities and created an entirely new ability that's even better than both because you don't understand how to properly word an ability.

Regardless, your hypothetical has no place here. You're trying to create an entirely new scenario in which your point still fails to hold any ground and requires you to twist facts even further. Bottom line is, Moleman's issue has nothing to do with clarity like the other abilities you've mentioned so far, and can't be compared to any of them.

Whether Surging Vengeance's issue is an issue of incorrect wording by definition, or simply an oversight by Kabam, it is not at all an issue with the functionality of the node.
    EITHER they change how the ability functions in order to fit the description, meaning the ability itself was not functioning as intended, and the description is accurate.

OR they alter the wording in order to match how the champion functions in game, meaning the issue was actually with the champion's text.

So you are admitting that the "bug" could have been with the functionality or that the issue coulda actually been w the champion's text, meaning the functionality coulda been correct.

All this says to me is that it really couldnt be clear to anyone if the champ was working as intended or bugged.
    Which is exactly my point, thank you! Felt like I was going mad.

If the description can be changed to what is in game, then it's the same as Surging vengeance. Both are long term issues that haven't been fixed and need more clarity with their description to match what happens in game, and therefore nobody could possibly know if it's a bug or not, whether the description should be changed to fit the game, or the game should be fixed to fit the description.

That means, nobody could possibly know it's a definite bug when they ranked moleman and when you add that to the fact Kabam never told us it was a bug, Moleman's rank ups were all within reason that he was working correctly.
    Except for the fact the wording was the same originally when he released as it is now. What changed was how he actually worked. While they may not have said it was a bug, they definitely didn't say that the change in how he worked was intended either. You're basically saying that everyone assumed he was bugged on initial release and that he was fixed when he was buffed. I'm sorry but that just doesn't hold water for me. You're saying it's not unreasonable to assume he's been working correctly bc that's how he's been working ever since his buff. At the same time that would mean people should have assumed he was working correctly originally and since no description was changed but how he worked did, it should have been glaringly obvious he was bugged.

No one has argued the communication wasn't handled horribly. There isn't any legitimate argument for people not realizing he's been bugged this whole time though.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

The_Chump said:

solopolo said:

solopolo said:

@solopolo when you say "In your hypothetical, Moleman's text literally states something that the champion does not do" I really worry that you're not following what I'm saying. My hypothetical is quite literally the situation where Moleman does do that.

It's like me saying hypothetically lets say my name is bob, and you said "In your hypothetical, your name literally isn't bob".

So please, answer my question that I've been trying to get you to answer for the last 3 posts.

Moleman/Surging Vengeance works correctly in game. Their ability description doesn't reflect what goes on.

to: "When below 10 MM and not in frenzy MM gains a TA passive, this TA stays while in frenzy”.

Surging Vengeance goes
    from: "Uses Special Attacks in consecutive order from 1 to 3, restarting from the beginning after Special 3."
    to: ""Uses Special Attacks in consecutive order from 1 to 3, restarting from the beginning after Special 3. If this opponent gets to SP3 they will use it immediately".

just stick to the hypothetical, where MM isn't bugged, his text doesn't say something he cannot do, because in my hypothetical Moleman is supposed to keep his TA in frenzy. This is important.

The difference is that you've completely changed the way that Moleman's ability functions. You've now created a lingering effect that only checks its condition upon initial activation rather than a continuous one that is only active under the conditions of Frenzy not being active AND Moleman being below 10 Monster Mass, and as a result the line you've added at the end is completely unnecessary because the True Accuracy wouldn't fall off upon activating Frenzy regardless.
    Tell me, do you know the point of hypotheticals? I'm presenting a situation to ask about your logic and views on that situation. And when I do, you're acting like you have no idea what a hypothetical is.

With the bob example, it's like I've said "hypothetically lets say my name is bob", and you said "In your hypothetical, you've changed your name to bob! That's not allowed". Yes... that's the point of a hypothetical.

In response to me saying "Imagine Moleman's abilities are like this" and you've said "No you have changed what Moleman's abilities are like". Do you not see how you are missing the point of the hypothetical?

My whole point here, is that if Moleman's ability description was changed and it wasn't a bug you would have no way to explain the difference between that and surging vengeance because there isn't one. Your only differences you've offered are "Moleman is bugged" (my hypothetical states that it's not bugged), "you've added an ability to moleman" (no, my hypothetical is that moleman has that ability) and surging vengeance description accurately portrays what happens in game (no it doesn't, because in the same way you can't answer 1, 5, 76, 77 and 98 as the answer to "name 5 consecutive numbers between 1-100", a champion going from sp1 to sp3 is *not* consecutive)

Either, you don't understand what a hypothetical is, in which case let me know and I can explain it in more detail. Or you do understand, but you're deliberately playing as though you don't in order to disingenuously answer my questions by ignoring the hypothetical because you know that it proves my point.

So I'll give it one last try to attempt for you to actually take part in this debate honestly.

Just for one second, please try and imagine a world where the way that Moleman functions as of yesterday is quite literally the way he is supposed to work with the "lingering effect that only checks its condition upon initial activation rather than a continuous one that is only active under the conditions of Frenzy not being active AND Moleman being below 10 Monster Mass" as you describe. Imagine that is all part of his abilities, but not his description.

So, if Moleman isn't bugged, and if no abilities have been added to him by me or anyone else, and if his description was changed to represent what happens in the game. Why is that not the exact same situation as SV being updated to represent what it does in the game?

Please, try not to answer anything along the lines of "his abilities are changed", "he's bugged" or anything else that clearly betrays your lack of knowledge about hypotheticals or consecutive. Either you're being performatively unaware in order to avoid admitting my point, or you genuinely don't know what these words mean.
    All you've managed to accomplish with thes posts is prove that you're in no position to nitpick kabam's wording, and you don't even realize it.

Surging Vengeance's issue is not about nitpicking definitions of any specific word, it's simply that the node doesn't mention what happens once the defender reaches 3 bars of power before using their sp2. It is missing information which results in confusion as to how the ability functions. The only change that needs to happen here is to add said missing information to the node description.

You've done neither. Instead you threw out both abilities and created an entirely new ability that's even better than both because you don't understand how to properly word an ability.

Regardless, your hypothetical has no place here. You're trying to create an entirely new scenario in which your point still fails to hold any ground and requires you to twist facts even further. Bottom line is, Moleman's issue has nothing to do with clarity like the other abilities you've mentioned so far, and can't be compared to any of them.

Whether Surging Vengeance's issue is an issue of incorrect wording by definition, or simply an oversight by Kabam, it is not at all an issue with the functionality of the node.

So you are admitting that the "bug" could have been with the functionality or that the issue coulda actually been w the champion's text, meaning the functionality coulda been correct.

All this says to me is that it really couldnt be clear to anyone if the champ was working as intended or bugged.

If the description can be changed to what is in game, then it's the same as Surging vengeance. Both are long term issues that haven't been fixed and need more clarity with their description to match what happens in game, and therefore nobody could possibly know if it's a bug or not, whether the description should be changed to fit the game, or the game should be fixed to fit the description.

That means, nobody could possibly know it's a definite bug when they ranked moleman and when you add that to the fact Kabam never told us it was a bug, Moleman's rank ups were all within reason that he was working correctly.
    Except for the fact the wording was the same originally when he released as it is now. What changed was how he actually worked. While they may not have said it was a bug, they definitely didn't say that the change in how he worked was intended either. You're basically saying that everyone assumed he was bugged on initial release and that he was fixed when he was buffed. I'm sorry but that just doesn't hold water for me. You're saying it's not unreasonable to assume he's been working correctly bc that's how he's been working ever since his buff. At the same time that would mean people should have assumed he was working correctly originally and since no description was changed but how he worked did, it should have been glaringly obvious he was bugged.

No one has argued the communication wasn't handled horribly. There isn't any legitimate argument for people not realizing he's been bugged this whole time though.
    The power to decide whether something is a bug or a feature lies with the developer, not the player. So the player can only make a best bet, but never conclusively declare something as a bug because the dev has freedom to simply say it is not so.
    Which they did and are correcting with the next update. What's your point?

Players may not be able to declare something a bug, but they can sure notice them. Plenty of people did immediately. Plenty of other people did and then still chose to invest in him anyway (I have a R3 mole, I couldn't care less if RDT are issued) bc "Kabam would have to give RDT if they fix him anyway". I've had plenty of these conversations over the last year.

People keep saying Kabam didn't communicate this well so they're partially responsible (which is true), but players are also partially responsible for ranking him regardless of how many people tell them he's bugged and not bothering to realize that on their own.

I personally couldn't care less whether they give RDT or not. I definitely don't agree that they're owed to anyone though. People definitely need to get over the fact he's being fixed regardless and the whole "just leave him like he is bc I like him" nonsense is ridiculous. If someone is that bothered by the change, take your RDT if it comes and rank him down. If they don't come, oh well maybe read champ abilities a bit better next time and don't rely on a YouTuber to tell you who to rank.

• Options
    Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175

The_Chump said:

solopolo said:

solopolo said:

Surging Vengeance goes

There is a subtle flaw in your logic sir. You assume that everyone bothers to understand every champ from trash to god. I'd surmise that before his buff, he was cast aside and rarely thought about. After his buff, and the trumpeting to come check him out, folks acquainted themselves. The likelihood that the majority understood him prior (or even had him in their roster and considered worthy to understand ) could be called into question.
  • Options
    Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175
    In other instances, something was stated by Kabam as not correct and left for a period before fixed...in that case I could agree...but the silence on this one speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    My point is that Kabam not saying that it is indeed a bug until now takes away some responsibility for taking up mole man, hoping that Kabam will leave it as is(reasonable assumption; remember when they left in moon knight's bleeds?). Basically what I'm saying is that the players are not to blame for this situation.

In a vacuum :
    Was MM bugged(going off the text)? Yes

Do Kabam need to provide RDT/selling? Technically a bug fix so No

Would providing RDT/selling be a gesture of goodwill and acknowledgement that they are to blame for not declaring it early on, which led to many people ranking a bugged champion? Absolutely
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I never understood why Kabam always choose the difficult way to do things.
    Was Mole Man bugged? Absolutely.
    Was he breaking the game? Not even close.
    Instead of fixing the bug after nearly two years that is active, they could had just changed the description to fit the champ.
    Mole Man has lost a lot of value and same as Namor and so many other victims of "unintented" abilities/interactions he will be a candidate for a buff pretty soon.
    Kabam choses to "nerf" champs in order to have to buff them sooner, than it would naturally take 😂
    And while we are on the subject, Kabam revert Namor to his original state, because as he is now he realy sucks 😂
  • Options
    danteofdmcdanteofdmc Posts: 98
    Guess my mole man is getting permanently benched. Shame I wasted an AG and a ton of sigs. Should've used them on Shang chi, who now infinitely outclasses moleman imo
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★

Unless it was a bug that’s how it’s always been. According to his bio going above 10 monster mass makes true accuracy fall off

I might be wrong but they did say they wouldn’t change that ability and that they’ll let it be as it is but I can be wrong.
    Nope you are not wrong.
  • Options
    WoowerinnWoowerinn Posts: 53
    I just ranked up mole man r4 thanks you screwed up my best hero you should focus to fix real problems in the game not to ruin down something make the gamer happy at least i am disappointed again no too much to left to play you take that too…
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★

Unless it was a bug that’s how it’s always been. According to his bio going above 10 monster mass makes true accuracy fall off

I might be wrong but they did say they wouldn’t change that ability and that they’ll let it be as it is but I can be wrong.
    Nope you are not wrong.
  • Options
    LeatherhotheadLeatherhothead Posts: 29
    edited July 2022
    Man i don't know there have been soo many messed up things in the game recently and it was okkay for me but this change just hurts. And funny thing it isn't even needed tbh. Don't leave us people like this kabam help us out on this one. You guys changed something in moleman a few months back in the patch notes but it wasn't this bug. Also there was a not so old thread on this where we specifically asked the team if you are gonna do something about it after nearly one and half year, before taking him to r4. That post was edited by you yourself but still there was nothing communicated by the team. Just please take the responsibility on this there are thousands of the players in community who chose to r4 mm just for this piece of utility which isn't even game breaking or something.@Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Unfortunately, I highly doubt that Mole Man will be left as he is. This situation very much reminds me of the one from a few years back involving changes made to She Hulk. I can’t remember exactly what was changed, but I believe for quite a while she was able to combo straight into a heavy, or something along those lines. Then one update it was changed all of a sudden and they eventually had to hand out rank down tickets, as they said this part of She Hulk was a very long standing bug and would not be left as is. The absolute most I see coming out of this is rank down tickets, and that might be a stretch as I know they don’t like handing those out often.