**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold Event Cash Grab?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    Gold event being a cash grab? This hot take plus the dude saying he needs rank and sig down tickets because of prestige champs checks the rest of the boxes off of my "things I never thought I'd read on the forums" lost.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    If u struggle with gold cause u use it for level up, then this event is not for u...
    Same as Cyber Monday or 4th of July is not for F2P players...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Bryce_BAM said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Buttehrs said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Bryce_BAM said:

so assume yes and plan accordingly? What are you mad about?

You must not have read the part where we got only three days notice, which is the problem.
    lol whut. You are waiting for an announcement months in advance to gain gold? i dont see the logic here.
    Who said months? Even a week or two would be nice. Three days is absolutely not enough.
    If you that concerned over it popping up then plan better? Start saving earlier. Even if it doesn't show up you'll still have saved gold. I fail to see a problem here.
    So, I should assume every event is happening until told otherwise, resulting in me having to not use gold as much? That's a really annoying thing which I shouldn't have to do. Kabam should communicate better with us. Can you give me a good reason we SHOULDN'T know about the event at least a week in advance?
    What is the harm in keeping a buffer of like 8-10m gold, and just treating that as your new 0? Never go below that and you can still rank champs, and you also have enough for any offers. We also had this event last year, so there was always a chance it came back - no harm saving some gold in case
    That is a good idea and I may have to do that from now on, even though it's annoying. I wouldn't have to do it to that degree if we got any advance notice.
    Considering there was an event last year, and always a chance it came back, I’m not sure how this is somebody else’s fault I’m afraid. If you didn’t know there was one last year then that does suck for you, but equally it’s not Kabam’s duty to tell you every event there might be, or give you advanced notice

This game is largely resource management, you might need things at some point so it’s worth keeping a little surplus.

While we’re it at I’d advise holding onto some of your 5* awakening gems in case a trade in for a 6* one comes back.
    I appreciate the notice about the awakening gems.

Why shouldn't Kabam have given us a week's notice for this event?
    Why *should* they have?

Last time, the event wasn't even announced a second before they were in game. They just popped up. This time you have 3 days notice, and you're complaining that's not enough and a week would be better. Next year someone complains one week isn't enough and so on and so forth.

So, give us a good reason the event *should* be announced earlier, instead of you just keeping hold of some gold in advance.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Gold is an issue that requires money? I've never had a problem in the 6 years I've been playing
    Bryce_BAM said:

ItsDamien said:

Bryce_BAM said:

You must not have read the part where we got only three days notice, which is the problem.
    And why are you gaining gold throughout the year? It’s not like you only need gold for that event.
    Yes, I need gold for other things and I use gold for other things. I hoard gold, spend it all when Level Up comes around, rinse and repeat. The only purpose of gold is powering up champs, unless this event comes around, so there's no reason for me to keep any aside from the event. An event which the community has been frequently asking about and didn't get an answer on until three days ago. I am at a spot where my limiting material is gold. I have plenty of catalysts and iso.
    Sell catalyst and iso for gold then...
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    No one is forcing you to spend your gold. Why must people cry over every little thing on forum.
  • This is pretty impressive. I'm assuming there will be cash offers for gold - why wouldn't there be? It's an easy win for Kabam which will hurt nobody. Ultimately you've got a choice to make; spend your gold, or don't. I'd probably have in or around 10m if I did more arena and didn't rank champions up as soon as I get the catalysts to do so. I know I likely won't be able to afford the gold offers but ultimately that was my choice - I had a good idea this would come around this year and chose to rank my champions as that was of more immediate value to me.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    This is why we can't have nice things. People been begging for months for this event and it finally comes out and dude complains he didn't get months of notice?

Not sure if he is new, but since when do we ever get a months of notice for a short event? Honestly, the 3 days notice we got is more than we normally get.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Bryce_BAM said:

Amazing how players have been asking Kabam frequently about whether the Deadpool gold event is returning and we keep getting "We don't know yet" as a response - that is, when we get a response at all. Then, three days before the event is to launch, they let us know.

I will be surprised if they DON'T have gold offers in the unit store for $$$. I know this is a constant thing with Kabam, but I think they should be called out every time it happens. Giving only a few days warning is not at all a player friendly practice and just reminds us of how much more they prioritize money over our enjoyment of the game.

If I'm wrong and they don't end up having gold offers for $$$, that may even be worse because, in that case, I don't see any reason at all for them to tell us this late.

This is why we can't have nice things, hope you're happy now that the gold offers ain't happening tbis year
    Bryce_BAM said:

Typhoon said:

You mad because you didn't plan ahead.

Move along.

Plan ahead for a surprise?
    Buttehrs said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Buttehrs said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Buttehrs said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Bryce_BAM said:

lol whut. You are waiting for an announcement months in advance to gain gold? i dont see the logic here.
    Who said months? Even a week or two would be nice. Three days is absolutely not enough.
    If you that concerned over it popping up then plan better? Start saving earlier. Even if it doesn't show up you'll still have saved gold. I fail to see a problem here.
    So, I should assume every event is happening until told otherwise, resulting in me having to not use gold as much? That's a really annoying thing which I shouldn't have to do. Kabam should communicate better with us. Can you give me a good reason we SHOULDN'T know about the event at least a week in advance?
    Because some events are supposed to be surprises. That's the idea behind events. It doesn't matter if you assume if they come back around or not, it's still up to you to manage resources. You can choose to rank or level champs constantly or you can choose to save for special events. Even if kabam told you months in advance, you still gotta choose what your gonna do.
    How am I supposed to prepare for something which you just said is a surprise? That's not how a surprise works. If Kabam told me months in advance (which is not what I'm asking for) then I would have had gold saved up.
    Thats the literal definition of surprise my guy.
    That's... exactly my point. How am I supposed to prepare for something which is a surprise, which by definition is not something you can reasonably prepare for?

Also, please answer my question. Why SHOULDN'T Kabam give us a week's notice?
    Its not even a surprise.. it happened last year and there was numerous posts asking about it...
    This is more like finding out they are having a birthday surprise for you and u show up and act surprised..

This is why we can't have nice things. People been begging for months for this event and it finally comes out and dude complains he didn't get months of notice?

Not sure if he is new, but since when do we ever get a months of notice for a short event? Honestly, the 3 days notice we got is more than we normally get.

Correction ppl been begging aftet complaining last year...
    Now we don't even get the gold offers
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    No worries now, folks. No gold deals this year, so you can go back to your regular Level Up day spend-a-thons.
    Bryce_BAM said:

Typhoon said:

You mad because you didn't plan ahead.

Move along.

Plan ahead for a surprise?
    Buttehrs said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Buttehrs said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Buttehrs said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Bryce_BAM said:

Because some events are supposed to be surprises. That's the idea behind events. It doesn't matter if you assume if they come back around or not, it's still up to you to manage resources. You can choose to rank or level champs constantly or you can choose to save for special events. Even if kabam told you months in advance, you still gotta choose what your gonna do.
    How am I supposed to prepare for something which you just said is a surprise? That's not how a surprise works. If Kabam told me months in advance (which is not what I'm asking for) then I would have had gold saved up.
    Thats the literal definition of surprise my guy.
    That's... exactly my point. How am I supposed to prepare for something which is a surprise, which by definition is not something you can reasonably prepare for?

Also, please answer my question. Why SHOULDN'T Kabam give us a week's notice?
    Its not even a surprise.. it happened last year and there was numerous posts asking about it...
    This is more like finding out they are having a birthday surprise for you and u show up and act surprised..
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Bryce_BAM said:

Again, why SHOULDN'T Kabam give us a week's notice?

Because they don't need to. It happened once and they didn't say anything to guarantee you to be entitled that it will come back every year. It's a minor event unlike Gifting where an announcement is needed.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    Bryce_BAM said:

I should manage my resources for an event I don't know is happening?

Well, yes. I do.

The answer to your question, why surprise the players ever, is that it rewards players who prepare for the unexpected. The Abyss rewards players with sufficiently high skills and sustainable play. The arena rewards players with the ability to grind for extended periods of time. Surprises reward the prepared over the people who have to be told precisely how and when to manage their resources.

Does this deprive you of "fun" in a game that is supposed to be "fun?" Maybe. Just like the Abyss deprives some players of fun, and the Arena deprives some players of fun, and Alliance Quest, and Alliance War, and random champion crystals, and quest energy timers.

It is not the job of a game to manufacture fun and hand it to you. It is the job of a game to create a structured environment of gameplay. It is up to you to have fun while navigating it. Basketball is a fun game but if you don't like dribbling that's not the fault of Basketball. That's your fault for picking a game that contains activities you dislike. All games balance novelty with structure, predictability with surprise. Most of this game is pretty predictable. Some of it is a surprise. If you don't like that balance, there are games out there that do not require dribbling.
    Ah big deal they gave u a 3 day notice of an event and a 2 day notice that the gold sale offers won't happen... I think its fair...
  • Bryce_BAMBryce_BAM Posts: 45
    edited October 2022
    No one has yet given me a reason Kabam shouldn't have given us at least a week's notice. The main trend seems to be "expect the unexpected" or "you should have expected it because it happened last year" (this assumes everyone played last year and remembers when each event happened or does research on prior year events). Points taken, in any case. Sure. I could have done those things.

Kabam also could have given us the courtesy of letting us know what's happening next week which will require a large amount of resources. One of those is much easier than the other, and Kabam's job is to make a fun game for us so that we give them money. My part is to have fun playing the game so that I feel comfortable giving them money.

I'm really not asking for much at all, yet everyone seems to be acting like I want to be coddled because I'm asking for just four more days of notice than we were given :D
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★
    That's exactly what your asking for. To be coddled . Live service mobile games don't do that. None of them do that. They all have thier surprise events.
  • Wolviedrone97Wolviedrone97 Posts: 185
    appreciate the notice about the awakening gems.

Dude don't let these trolls get to u
    I think the only reason they have to be alive is to try to bring other people down
    Like who does that?? They have nothing better to then go on a game forum to get ppl worked up...sad
  • Wolviedrone97Wolviedrone97 Posts: 185
    That was for bryce_BAM🔼
    edited October 2022

I think the only reason they have to be alive is to try to bring other people down
    Like who does that?? They have nothing better to then go on a game forum to get ppl worked up...sad

Like getting mad because you didn't get an advanced notice?

Sad.
    Bryce_BAM said:

No one has yet given me a reason Kabam shouldn't have given us at least a week's notice. The main trend seems to be "expect the unexpected" or "you should have expected it because it happened last year" (this assumes everyone played last year and remembers when each event happened or does research on prior year events). Points taken, in any case. Sure. I could have done those things.

Kabam also could have given us the courtesy of letting us know what's happening next week which will require a large amount of resources. One of those is much easier than the other, and Kabam's job is to make a fun game for us so that we give them money. My part is to have fun playing the game so that I feel comfortable giving them money.

I'm really not asking for much at all, yet everyone seems to be acting like I want to be coddled because I'm asking for just four more days of notice than we were given :D

When you buy the game from Netmarble, you can make.the rules.
  • Bryce_BAM said:

ItsDamien said:

Bryce_BAM said:

ItsDamien said:

Bryce_BAM said:

ItsDamien said:

Bryce_BAM said:

And why are you gaining gold throughout the year? It’s not like you only need gold for that event.
    Yes, I need gold for other things and I use gold for other things. I hoard gold, spend it all when Level Up comes around, rinse and repeat. The only purpose of gold is powering up champs, unless this event comes around, so there's no reason for me to keep any aside from the event. An event which the community has been frequently asking about and didn't get an answer on until three days ago. I am at a spot where my limiting material is gold. I have plenty of catalysts and iso.
    Then why are you not grinding to get gold? Are you spending your gold to rank up champs as soon as you can? Why are you doing that? Why aren’t you strategically levelling and ranking champs during level up events?

The onus is on you to manage your in game resources correctly, not Kabam. Take responsibility for your own mistakes.
    I am always grinding for gold so I can rank up my champs. As soon as I can? Dude, I just said I spend it all when Level Up comes around. Read.

I should manage my resources for an event I don't know is happening?
    Then how are you still so low on gold? This is 100% a you problem and you should realise this.
    Because I use it when level up comes around. I've said that to you, specifically, twice now. Because powering up champs is the only use for gold, so there's absolutely no reason for me to save it. That is, unless this event comes around.

Can you give me a reason Kabam SHOULDN'T give us a week's notice?
    You need to plan ahead. I always keep 20k units and 50M gold in case something happens. I am also f2p and paragon. Grind the arena 20mins a day instead of complaining here.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Sounds like you were living rank up to rank up.

Time to grind arena ma boi.

This happened to me during the 5* AG exchange event. It happens.

Yea lol if anyone lets words on the internet get to them, they don't belong on the internet. Besides, it's all about a mobile game. Also, in all fairness, I don't think they are trolls. I think they are people who hoarded their gold and think everyone else automatically should have known to do it just because they did. Good for them, but they could do with some perspective.
    Buttehrs said:

That's exactly what your asking for. To be coddled . Live service mobile games don't do that. None of them do that. They all have thier surprise events.

Why shouldn't Kabam have given us one week's notice? I think this is the third time I've asked you personally.
    Bryce_BAM said:

Why would they give u a weeks notice of something that won't happen?

Well if that makes u happy... Next week u won't win the lottery...
    Bryce_BAM said:

Yea lol if anyone lets words on the internet get to them, they don't belong on the internet. Besides, it's all about a mobile game. Also, in all fairness, I don't think they are trolls. I think they are people who hoarded their gold and think everyone else automatically should have known to do it just because they did. Good for them, but they could do with some perspective.
    You think the people not complaining about having a weeks notice are the ones who need perspective?
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    An average summoner vs sweats, whales and white knights of the forums......good stuff to read :wink: