**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ICE PHOENIX

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    If u can't do it don't do it simple the rewards there giving is the right difficulty it's at if it goes any lower the quest will be like master a breeze
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Well yeah they fixed the problem if it's still a problem then u need to change team like use mephisto rogue any tech then she won't deal as much 14k is 12 seconds like the damage is unavoidable yes but it isn't bad like I find it great to get unavoidable damage that's 14k since it makes u have to play very safe and play different
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Trap wrote: »
    I’m one of the lucky ones that has mephisto, for ice pheonix and I can solo TM and nearly solo modok with blade, his danger sense stops a lot of modok auto block

My quake destroys modok
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Bendy wrote: »
    If u can't do it don't do it simple the rewards there giving is the right difficulty it's at if it goes any lower the quest will be like master a breeze

That isn’t what people are complaining about. Unavoidable damage shouldn’t in any content be able to wipe out your whole team. Then when that happens you can’t just revive you have to fill on health as well. It’s a cash grab that shouldn’t exist on a monthly quest. If this was act5.4 sure but not in something that goes away after a month.

If u have mephisto or a ranked rogue it’s not that bad. I have neither, so it hurts
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Husky54 wrote: »
    I Feel like with all this complaining they're gonna nerf Uncollected difficulty and therefore nerf the awesome rewards.

You guys are ruining the **** out of this thing, stop complaining. Please. On behalf of the vets with mature rosters, please, stop complaining about difficulty.

1. Kabam has never nerfed rewards.
    2. The original permutation of Ice Phoenix was absurd.
    3. Even those of us, like myself, who have mature rosters and are vets do not have all the champs that make mitigating cold snap more manageable.
    4. I'm all for things being difficult. But things should also be manageable. There's a careful balance to strike between the two and that balance was not met when the quest went live.
    5. Those of us who got nailed by the OP Ice Phoenix need to be fairly compensated and not with a few useless pots—rather, they need to at least give us a partial refund of actual items/units spent to clear her before she was rebalanced.

You make some good points Husky.

That being said, the complaining needs to stop. This new uncollected difficulty is a blessing. The rewards are amazing. I fully support it not being a "gimme" for everyone with any random roster to complete.

If you don't have the right tools to do the job, then wait until you do. It's the first uncollected monthly quest with a unique title that you can only get this month. It should absolutely be challenging.

I think Ice Phoenix is a rite of passage champ, similar to ROL wolvie. We should expect to see something similar on every uncollected map going forward. Not many of us could beat ROL wolvie with our first 4-40 4*... many had to wait for the right champ. You either got what I takes, or you dont...

Once again this isn’t “difficultly” this is unavoidable damage. It isn’t about having the right tools or right roster it’s all about dropping items on a monthly quest. It’s one aspect to use a team revive here and there but this 1 champ takes many team revives and full health on your champs if you fail to solo her. There is no skill.
  • Jaded wrote: »
    I Feel like with all this complaining they're gonna nerf Uncollected difficulty and therefore nerf the awesome rewards.

You guys are ruining the **** out of this thing, stop complaining. Please. On behalf of the vets with mature rosters, please, stop complaining about difficulty.

3. Even those of us, like myself, who have mature rosters and are vets do not have all the champs that make mitigating cold snap more manageable.
    4. I'm all for things being difficult. But things should also be manageable. There's a careful balance to strike between the two and that balance was not met when the quest went live.
    5. Those of us who got nailed by the OP Ice Phoenix need to be fairly compensated and not with a few useless pots—rather, they need to at least give us a partial refund of actual items/units spent to clear her before she was rebalanced.

That being said, the complaining needs to stop. This new uncollected difficulty is a blessing. The rewards are amazing. I fully support it not being a "gimme" for everyone with any random roster to complete.

If you don't have the right tools to do the job, then wait until you do. It's the first uncollected monthly quest with a unique title that you can only get this month. It should absolutely be challenging.

I think Ice Phoenix is a rite of passage champ, similar to ROL wolvie. We should expect to see something similar on every uncollected map going forward. Not many of us could beat ROL wolvie with our first 4-40 4*... many had to wait for the right champ. You either got what I takes, or you dont...

Once again this isn’t “difficultly” this is unavoidable damage. It isn’t about having the right tools or right roster it’s all about dropping items on a monthly quest. It’s one aspect to use a team revive here and there but this 1 champ takes many team revives and full health on your champs if you fail to solo her. There is no skill.

There is zero unavoidable damage using mephisto. There are several other options available too that will minimize the damage. These are the "tools" I'm referring to.

I know my opinion isn't the popular one, but I'm being honest here. I totally understand how frustrating it is if you don't have the right tool for this job.

In a month, many of us will have a r5 5* champ. This current difficulty will feel pretty easy as long us you rank up the correct champ.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited December 2017

except it is about skill.

in this thread,

1. there is a guy who posted screenshots of himself one shotting ice phoenix with a 5/50,
    2. there are multiple suggestions as to who to use to shrug off cold snap,
    3. from personal experience, 4/55, 3/45 skill, and 5/50 mystic all survive her cold snap without taking any block or parry damage. a 4/55, 3/45, and 5/50 all survive her cold snap. one more time, a 4/55, 3/45, and 5/50 all survive her cold snap.

with skill there's really no reason to use "many team revives" and "full health champs"
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Anyone tried a high signature Ultron, Coldsnap is energy damage and his sig ability reduces that not to mention the class advantage. That was how I beat Master mode Iceman a few months back.
    Qwerty wrote: »

in this thread,

1. there is a guy who posted screenshots of himself one shotting ice phoenix with a 5/50,
    3. from personal experience, 4/55, 3/45 skill, and 5/50 mystic all survive her cold snap without taking any block or parry damage. a 4/55, 3/45, and 5/50 all survive her cold snap. one more time, a 4/55, 3/45, and 5/50 all survive her cold snap.

with skill there's really no reason to many team revives and "full health champs"

Okay so then my 18 rank 5 4* are all extremely low on health compared to you as not one of them survive the coldsnap.
    My r3 5*’s do survive with about 10% health. While that could be enough to make it through it’s still not a situation that should be accepted by the community. Regardless how YOU feel. Allowing kabam to throw in unavoidable damage that does up to 16k-18k damage is unacceptable by any standards. Even if YOU don’t think it is. It is people like yourself that paves the way for more unacceptable situations because YOU will just bend over an take it.

edited December 2017

in this thread,

with skill there's really no reason to many team revives and "full health champs"

Okay so then my 18 rank 5 4* are all extremely low on health compared to you as not one of them survive the coldsnap.
    My r3 5*’s do survive with about 10% health. While that could be enough to make it through it’s still not a situation that should be accepted by the community. Regardless how YOU feel. Allowing kabam to throw in unavoidable damage that does up to 16k-18k damage is unacceptable by any standards. Even if YOU don’t think it is. It is people like yourself that paves the way for more unacceptable situations because YOU will just bend over an take it.

there are multiple proofs that there are ways to deal with it without using items, but you're unwilling to accept it.

these situations are unacceptable to you because you can't do it, but clearly people can without using items. it's not kabam's issue, it's yours.

in this thread,

there are multiple proofs that there are ways to deal with it without using items, but you're unwilling to accept it.

these situations are unacceptable to you because you can't do it, but clearly people can without using items. it's not kabam's issue, it's yours.

Okay so you want to accept 18k unavoidable damage if you aren’t using rogue or mephisto. Gotcha. Allow kabam to stick it to the players. Good to the sides people take.

FYI. I am done exploring that level. So not my issue.

in this thread,

Okay so you want to accept 18k unavoidable damage if you aren’t using rogue or mephisto. Gotcha. Allow kabam to stick it to the players. Good to the sides people take.

FYI. I am done exploring that level. So not my issue.

considering it makes that fight extremely skill based, yes i'll take it.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    My two cents: clearly the original damage was too high and the refund was a pathetic joke. This new damage is a little bit High I would like to have seen it tweaked maybe a touch more, as it's frustrating damage, I used boosts and needed a full team revive plus team potions I had left over from the last sale. mostly due to the fact I'm encountering regular lag this week for the first time in months, my second run through with sparky r3 (no blade synergy unfortunately to see if that idea worked) intook about 3/4 off before dying from
    Block damage,
    considering the rewards I think Overall the potions I had to use to get my first run through we're about right (I used about the same amount of pots on modok really just trying to work out how he worked, and none on the rest of the quest. I expect to be a bit better off in my explo runs, i only have one 4/55 an unduped drax so it seems
    Reasonable To me. When i r4 my sparky I expect I could
    Be lucky and do the whole
    Thing with only a handful of revives. I don't consider myself a particularly skillful player. That said I actually wish this node was tweaked a little and mordoks block damage dropped a little as well but there could be room to make the rest of the fights a bit tougher. This is the big leagues, it's meant for the people who's only Challenge in the game now is the Coulson style challenges, and as my old mate coathanger pointed out, there is balls of healing this month. Maybe a regular feature could be to have a few level
    3 potions and revives on the paths and a few more units (even in the other difficulties for those that want to do them first) I found the 300 units for the 6* challenge to be an exciting surprise, thanks kabam, get this lag sorted and you'd have a million likes in no time
    Gw have you fought her?
    Masteries and boosts maybe the difference here, people are saying that their 5/50s don't even survive the cold snap
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I'm going to say this once, and I'm dropping the subject because that's not what this Thread is about. Anyone can participate in a discussion here, and people are equally respected here, regardless of what they have and have not done in the game. For some reason, that doesn't register for some. It is not appropriate to ridicule people or put them on the spot about their experience in the game in a conversation. Not at all. There are rules agaisnt it, actually. We're here to discuss topics. Not to expose people as a last resort. I'm moving on now. It's not okay. Not at all.

There are no forum rules specifically prohibiting one poster from asking another poster to validate their opinions with either credibility or experience.

Also, there is a rule to treat all posters respectfully. There is no rule that states all assertions must be equally respected.

The explicit purpose of the forums is to facilitate player conversation, not unchallenged expression. Every poster here can be and should expect to be questioned, challenged, replied to, or rebutted when they themselves make statements that question, challenge, reply to, or rebut anyone else's statements.

Huge difference between challenging someone's ideas, and persistently trying to call someone out. It has nothing to do with the topic. It's just plain abusive.

We challenged your ideas because you have no basis to form the opinion first hand. You take it as abuse when we disagree with you when you have no idea what it's like.

No. You challenge my experience in the game because you don't like my points. There's a difference. When a topic is bring discussed in a debate, that's the focus. When you turn it into a trial where other people jump in and start attacking someone's credentials, that makes it personal. In a real debate, you discuss someone's ideas. You don't make an attempt to exploit them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The conversation is moving on now. We were talking about Unavoidable Damage. I gave my thoughts. That was turned into an off-topic personal moment. Which we're moving on from. My thoughts on the Unavoidable Damage still stand. It's a challenge. Naturally, Uncollected will have more Damage because the Champs and Buffs are higher. Personally, I don't see it as a moral issue. Unavoidable Damage means greater resistance to beating them, but it also means greater challenge.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    And the topic isn't about Unavoidable damage in the abstract. It's about a specific instance of unavoidable damage of which you know nothing.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I have not give my two cents regarding this. Why is my name being mentioned?